Dazzle

Anyone like Dazzle?

I love Rahzel. ^^
corizilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 16:11   Link #2
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I like Dazzle, though Im not very far in the series at the moment, only through vol 2. Im hoping to read a bit more before the anime starts.
Rahzel annoys me a bit right now but I like Alzied and I like the quirky relationship they have at the moment. Im looking forward to reading more soon.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 12:05   Link #3
Blackkaida

Dazzle

Okay I couldn't find any other threads concerning this manga but if i am mistaken then sorry!
I've been reading this manga and so far i've reached volume 5 but it's getting very very confusing!
Has anyone else read this and if so could you tell me when it'll start making sense as i'm beginning to regret starting it!
Blackkaida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 00:40   Link #4
Ookla The Mok

In Dazzle there are underlying mysteries that clues are given for all along the way that you're supposed to pay attention to and figure out on your own. Even up to volume 10, things are still being slowly revealed. However, if you don't like volume 6, maybe this series is just not for you, since it's the best volume to date. Volume 7 is another intermediate volume like volume 5 (though it reveals some of Baroqueheat's connection to Alzeid), and then volume 8 is a big revealer mostly explaining how all the characters are related, including Rahzel's father.
Ookla The Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 16:45   Link #5
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Well well, I was expecting this thread to be bigger than I thought it would be *sigh*

Anyway, seen as I can't wait any longer for volume 1 to come through the door, I started with volume 2 (shame on me >_<).

Just finished the Soresta arc and yep, it is pretty much different to the anime. For one thing, Rahzel's outfit wasn't as sexy when she was chained to the window pole...

Seriously though, the anime never explained vi's real identity (or mnaybe it did using one line). I understand a lot better from the manga and was pretty surprised to see that he was a fake (and frankly a pretty rude boy compared to the person he is trying to fake).

Soresta's feelings for Alzeid was still the same but he seemed darker in this version. And the fight had minor changes without the other guys there being killed (deemed uneccesary violence for TV XD).

One important thing they did miss out and was probably brought later, but the red haired kid met Rahzel in the forest and pointed her in the right direction, never seen in the anime. He also says the line "let the game begin" which was said at the end of the anime instead.

This is where I begin to think that changing the order of things might pose some problems.

It's like the anime ran backwards to the manga

Haven't read much yet but I'm really enjoying it so far.

But dam...the anime didn't show Heat kissing Alzeid (haha that scene was amazing XDXD).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 17:25   Link #6
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Well well, I was expecting this thread to be bigger than I thought it would be *sigh*
I admit I completely forgot this thread existed after I subscribed to it. But if you want to discuss the manga, I'll come share thoughts with you. (And possibly Ookla as well.)

Quote:
Anyway, seen as I can't wait any longer for volume 1 to come through the door, I started with volume 2 (shame on me >_<).
There are some things in v01 that you'll want to see. But starting with v02 isn't all that bad.

Quote:
Just finished the Soresta arc and yep, it is pretty much different to the anime. For one thing, Rahzel's outfit wasn't as sexy when she was chained to the window pole...

I had to pull out my book because I couldn't remember what she wore during that scene. (Rahzel has an extensive wardrobe to say the least.) You're right. Her anime outfit was far sexier than the manga one.

Quote:
Seriously though, the anime never explained vi's real identity (or mnaybe it did using one line). I understand a lot better from the manga and was pretty surprised to see that he was a fake (and frankly a pretty rude boy compared to the person he is trying to fake).
I think I mentioned in one of my anime spoiler posts about Vi's real story. Or maybe I didn't. I know I mentioned it somewhere. Maybe it was one of the blogs. I guess the anime left out that part because by then, the anime's story had shifted to focusing on the mysterious man who was hanging around Heat.

Quote:
And the fight had minor changes without the other guys there being killed (deemed uneccesary violence for TV XD).
You'll find that the unneccessary violence for TV removal is going to be a common occurrance throughout the anime-adapted incidents.

Quote:
One important thing they did miss out and was probably brought later, but the red haired kid met Rahzel in the forest and pointed her in the right direction, never seen in the anime. He also says the line "let the game begin" which was said at the end of the anime instead.

This is where I begin to think that changing the order of things might pose some problems.

It's like the anime ran backwards to the manga
Anime ran backwards to the manga... that's a good description. The red haired man plays a role in several incidents that he didn't have the anime. Like the Larawell incident (vol 02, chpt 12 - 15). I think his appearances in that incident are highly significant for future events.

Quote:
Haven't read much yet but I'm really enjoying it so far.
Now aren't you glad we conned .... I mean, convinced you to read the manga?

Quote:
But dam...the anime didn't show Heat kissing Alzeid (haha that scene was amazing XDXD).
PREPARE TO MEET YOUR MAKER. And then after kissing Alzeid, Heat had the courage to try and kiss Rahzel a second time. I think Heat has a death wish.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 18:00   Link #7
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I admit I completely forgot this thread existed after I subscribed to it. But if you want to discuss the manga, I'll come share thoughts with you. (And possibly Ookla as well.)
Will do when I catch up...slowly...

I'm not much of a manga reader, but recently I have been a lot more into it. I would probably relay some of my thoughts here after each arc.
Quote:
There are some things in v01 that you'll want to see. But starting with v02 isn't all that bad.
I know >_<
Quote:
I had to pull out my book because I couldn't remember what she wore during that scene. (Rahzel has an extensive wardrobe to say the least.) You're right. Her anime outfit was far sexier than the manga one.
While it doesn't lessen my enjoyment of the manga, I do think that the designs and such are rather "weird" (?) ~ might have to adjust to this change after the designs from the anime
Quote:
I think I mentioned in one of my anime spoiler posts about Vi's real story. Or maybe I didn't. I know I mentioned it somewhere. Maybe it was one of the blogs. I guess the anime left out that part because by then, the anime's story had shifted to focusing on the mysterious man who was hanging around Heat.
I don't recall. Maybe I skipped that spoiler for some reason.
Quote:
You'll find that the unneccessary violence for TV removal is going to be a common occurrance throughout the anime-adapted incidents.
Thought so
Quote:
Anime ran backwards to the manga... that's a good description. The red haired man plays a role in several incidents that he didn't have the anime. Like the Larawell incident (vol 02, chpt 12 - 15). I think his appearances in that incident are highly significant for future events.
Will get back to ya on that one
Quote:
Now aren't you glad we conned .... I mean, convinced you to read the manga?
"poor wallet...soooo empty ;______;"
Quote:
PREPARE TO MEET YOUR MAKER. And then after kissing Alzeid, Heat had the courage to try and kiss Rahzel a second time. I think Heat has a death wish.
The fact that he actually had the nerve is what is funny...

"whos my maker anyway!?!?!?"

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2008-04-11, 18:13   Link #8
LKK

Quote:
While it doesn't lessen my enjoyment of the manga, I do think that the designs and such are rather "weird" (?) ~ might have to adjust to this change after the designs from the anime
If I recall correctly, this is the mangaka's first published work. (I believe she's recently started up another series or will be starting it soon.) Her art is intricate, but her characters proportions are a little wonky, speaking objectively. I rather like the wonkiness because it gives her art a unique air. But some readers have turned away because of it. Her style does change in later volumes though. The characters designs (especially their faces) become rounder.

When I saw the first promo designs for the anime, I was a bit surprised because the anime designs were quite different from the manga ones. The men, especially Heat, were more muscular. Rahzel was more traditionally anime. I reached the point where I could appreciate both versions of the characters, but it did take a while for me to reach that point.

Quote:
The fact that he actually had the nerve is what is funny...
The things Heat gets up to are constant sources of amusement.

Quote:
"whos my maker anyway!?!?!?"
Now that you reminded me of that line, I'm doing a major mental double take as a result of v08's revelations.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2008-04-12, 14:56   Link #9
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Work is so boring/stressful -_____-

Luckily I have volume 1 of dazzel to keep me entertained! yes, finally!

Well right off the bat there are some noticable difference with this compared to the anime. The most important one being that the anime completely skipped the initial bonding chapters between Rahzel and Alzeid. I just knew that Alzeid wouldn't have followed Rahzel, and sure enough she needed to do some convince herself.

They did made a modest change of their initial meeting as well. IIRC in the anime, Alzeid was robbing the poor fellow where as here it was the other way round (with his gun getting swiped). This then leading to Alzeid showing that he can use magic. Quite a shocker to see that it was revealed so early here. Oh I think Rahzel mistook his fast flying for teleportation for some reason. Anyway that started off their relationship.

Highlight for me was how Rahzel intended on paying Alzeid back for that priceless antique. Yea...she suggested her body XDDD

Then I suppose the next chapter was some random filler that could have been skipped for the anime. But still it offered the perfect chance to show how much Alzeid cared for a "stranger". I did find it funny how those two love birds forgot about Rahzel on her death bed after she was slashed ...I mean, how dare thay!

But it was good to see Alzied taking the princess back, and I suspect he used his magic to heal her. He then calls her by her name (heart warming ^^).

Then the next chapter could also be classed as filler for the anime. More bonding and Alzeid in a bird cage. (that must be a treat for the fangirls seeing a bishie locked up ). Rather insignificant this time except for Rahzel who shows the first indication that she was abandoned as a child. I was surprised that Alzeid's captives did let him walk away...but he did flash his gun countless times XD

Rahzel is so cute when she is naive. She waited out in the cold for dessert ;__;

It's going good so far and I'm at the chapter of the forest haunting ghost, where the anime too off from. I do miss Heat's sexual harassments though.

Old 2008-04-12, 15:28   Link #10
LKK

Quote:
They did made a modest change of their initial meeting as well. IIRC in the anime, Alzeid was robbing the poor fellow where as here it was the other way round (with his gun getting swiped).
The way the anime edited their meeting completely flipped the sense you take away from their initial reaction. Alzeid isn't (wholly) the thief that Rahzel makes him out to be. And you realize very early on that Rahzel often rushes into events without fully understanding the situation. A mistake she makes several times before she learns better.

Quote:
This then leading to Alzeid showing that he can use magic. Quite a shocker to see that it was revealed so early here. Oh I think Rahzel mistook his fast flying for teleportation for some reason. Anyway that started off their relationship.
I had the reverse reaction watching the anime. I was surprised at how long the anime kept Alzeid's magic a secret. Flying versus teleportation ... I think that's a translation issue to be honest. One of them (maybe both) calls it flying in v01 if I remember right. But later they refer to it as teleportation several times. It could be that the mangaka wasn't sure what to call it initially either.

Quote:
Highlight for me was how Rahzel intended on paying Alzeid back for that priceless antique. Yea...she suggested her body XDDD
"Do you even know what that means?" There are times when she's too naive for her own good.

Quote:
Then I suppose the next chapter was some random filler that could have been skipped for the anime. But still it offered the perfect chance to show how much Alzeid cared for a "stranger". I did find it funny how those two love birds forgot about Rahzel on her death bed after she was slashed ...I mean, how dare thay!

But it was good to see Alzied taking the princess back, and I suspect he used his magic to heal her. He then calls her by her name (heart warming ^^).

Then the next chapter could also be classed as filler for the anime. More bonding and Alzeid in a bird cage. (that must be a treat for the fangirls seeing a bishie locked up ). Rather insignificant this time except for Rahzel who shows the first indication that she was abandoned as a child. I was surprised that Alzeid's captives did let him walk away...but he did flash his gun countless times XD

Rahzel is so cute when she is naive. She waited out in the cold for dessert ;__;
The first filler is okay. But of all the early fillers, Alzeid in a birdcage is one of my favorites. And not because of the locked up bishie, believe it or not. I was disappointed that it wasn't animated. It's unmistakeable proof that Alzeid has grown very fond of Rahzel already. I'd say that his feelings for her are actually stronger than hers for him at this point.

Quote:
It's going good so far and I'm at the chapter of the forest haunting ghost, where the anime too off from. I do miss Heat's sexual harassments though.
Don't worry. Heat and all his sexual harassments will show up very soon, as you know.

Old 2008-04-12, 15:42   Link #11
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I had the reverse reaction watching the anime. I was surprised at how long the anime kept Alzeid's magic a secret. Flying versus teleportation ... I think that's a translation issue to be honest. One of them (maybe both) calls it flying in v01 if I remember right. But later they refer to it as teleportation several times. It could be that the mangaka wasn't sure what to call it initially either.
Strange though, because Rahzel remembered that her father told her that some things are impossible even with magic. And teleportation aka flying through space. I'm quite confused with that scene actually, as if it really is impossible, then what Alzied did would be to have just flown really fast. But then I think if it is like telling Rahzel of her own limitations, that there are some things she can't do whilst others can. hmm...

Wow, this thread is becoming like a private chat room

Where are all the other dazzle fans >_<

Old 2008-04-12, 16:40   Link #12
Kyrie

Send a message via AIM to Kyrie Send a message via MSN to Kyrie
I'm waiting for volume 7 to arrive, and getting over what happened in volume 6.(I ordered 7 right after I finished 6 XD)

Spoiler for volume 6:
Kyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 16:41   Link #13
LKK

Quote:
Strange though, because Rahzel remembered that her father told her that some things are impossible even with magic. And teleportation aka flying through space. I'm quite confused with that scene actually, as if it really is impossible, then what Alzied did would be to have just flown really fast. But then I think if it is like telling Rahzel of her own limitations, that there are some things she can't do whilst others can. hmm...
I'm inclined to think Razhel's father lied to her by saying it was impossible. I have no evidence for this just a gut feeling. I think he didn't want her building her magic powers to the point where she could do that. Maybe he thought that would be bad for her for some reason. He knew that little Rahzel wouldn't be strong enough to accomplish the task and hoped that her childhood failure would keep her from trying later on when she was more powerful. That's my theory until further info comes to light.

Or it may be that Alzeid is a completely different type of magic user from Rahzel and Father. In which case, Father may have believed it was impossible and just didn't know otherwise. But I doubt this theory because I think Father knows more than he admits to knowing.

Quote:

True, but we're chatting about the topic so I guess that's okay by forum rules.

I told Manju that you resurrected this thread. She's only read through v02 though. I think she should just go ahead and order v03 and come join us. I should also let Ookla know that this thread is active. He would enjoy reading our discussions.

Edit: Oh, Kyrie! You posted while I was typing. Welcome aboard!

Last edited by LKK; 2008-04-12 at 16:46. Reason: added hello to Kyrie
Old 2008-04-12, 21:01   Link #14
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killz

You think this is bad? Chk the first several pages of the Ghost Hunt manga thread, I think it was me and Sensei til like page 4

Quote:
I told Manju that you resurrected this thread. She's only read through v02 though. I think she should just go ahead and order v03 and come join us.
Yes yes Im here. As for ordering vol 3...I hate ordering, but Im gonna try to track it down next week. Hopefully I can find it and actually contribute something to this thread
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-04-12, 21:18   Link #15
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
You think this is bad? Chk the first several pages of the Ghost Hunt manga thread, I think it was me and Sensei til like page 4
Yes, we did have that playground to ourself for quite some time.

Quote:
Yes yes Im here. As for ordering vol 3...I hate ordering, but Im gonna try to track it down next week. Hopefully I can find it and actually contribute something to this thread
Hmph. I've heard that one before. I would like to point out that your lack of v03 ownership does not mean you can't discuss v01 or v02.

Old 2008-04-12, 21:22   Link #16
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Hmph. I've heard that one before.
Student abuse!! Sage save me!! T_T

Quote:
I would like to point out that your lack of v03 ownership does not mean you can't discuss v01 or v02.
True but I cant really think of anything I want to discuss at the moment Basically I really just wish the anime would have followed the first vol better since it really set up alot for later vols (even though Im not anywhere near that, its obvious).
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-04-13, 09:27   Link #17
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrie View Post
I'm waiting for volume 7 to arrive, and getting over what happened in volume 6.(I ordered 7 right after I finished 6 XD)
I should have told you earlier. Go ahead and order volume 8 now. That way you'll have it to read as soon as you finish v07. Because you're gonna wanna carry on as soon as possible.

Old 2008-04-13, 11:55   Link #18
Kyrie

Send a message via AIM to Kyrie Send a message via MSN to Kyrie
^ Oh trust me I was tempted, but I'm moving this week and it wouldn't get here in time. So it would sitting here with most of my manga's until June D: (that's when the rest the stuff is coming down)

I wil hunt it down though >:3
Kyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 21:46   Link #19
Ookla The Mok

We might as well keep the volume discussion following along with Deathkillz' reading speed. Keep it comin'!!

Quote:
If I recall correctly, this is the mangaka's first published work. (I believe she's recently started up another series or will be starting it soon.)
Endoh has two other series that started running last year: Clear Qualia in Asuka, and Maria Holic in Comic Alive. One volume of the former is out, and two of the latter. I'm not sure if Clear Qualia is actually still running (I haven't seen it in recent issues of Asuka), but Maria Holic has been very successful. She may actually be spending more time on Maria Holic right now than Dazzle, which is personally very distressing!

Quote:
Now that you reminded me of that line, I'm doing a major mental double take as a result of v08's revelations.
Yeah. No kidding. There are so many seemingly throwaway lines in this series that are much deeper upon further reflection. It's a very intricately planned series, and though the first volume seems a bit narratively clumsy, as if Endoh didn't know how to get her plot started, I don't doubt that she has good reasons for everything she does.

That's something else I want to mention...I don't think any of the violence in the series is gratuitous. Some of it is incredibly shocking and brutal, but I'm pretty sure Endoh puts it all in there for a reason. Understanding the effects that living with violence has had on the psyches and personalities of these characters will shed a lot of light on their motivations.
Quote:
I'm inclined to think Razhel's father lied to her by saying it was impossible. I have no evidence for this just a gut feeling. I think he didn't want her building her magic powers to the point where she could do that. Maybe he thought that would be bad for her for some reason. He knew that little Rahzel wouldn't be strong enough to accomplish the task and hoped that her childhood failure would keep her from trying later on when she was more powerful. That's my theory until further info comes to light.

Or it may be that Alzeid is a completely different type of magic user from Rahzel and Father. In which case, Father may have believed it was impossible and just didn't know otherwise. But I doubt this theory because I think Father knows more than he admits to knowing.
There's no doubt he's hiding a lot of things, but I personally think he's not lying to Rahzel about this particular issue. I think that either it's like you said and his and Rahzel's magic is different from Alzeid's (and the two people genetically connected to Alzeid), or the person who taught Rahzel's father magic in the first place lied to him.

In any case, Alzeid (and someone else) can definitely teleport, and future events are pointing pretty clearly toward the conclusion that of the things Razhel's father said are impossible, that's not the only one he was wrong about.

Quote:
There are times when she's too naive for her own good.
I dunno. Rahzel herself plays a lot more naive than she actually is. It could have just been her bizarre sense of humor, or it could have even been a test to see how Alzeid would react to the statement.
Ookla The Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 22:28   Link #20
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ookla The Mok View Post
Yeah. No kidding. There are so many seemingly throwaway lines in this series that are much deeper upon further reflection. It's a very intricately planned series, and though the first volume seems a bit narratively clumsy, as if Endoh didn't know how to get her plot started, I don't doubt that she has good reasons for everything she does.
Somewhere around volume 4 or 5, I realized that as random as the individual incidents seemed to be, Endoh definitely had a plan and was dropping little hints here and there along the way. One of Alzeid's comments in chapter one was the key to me predicting one of the big revelations about him that came out later. After I decided what that casually dropped comment probably signified, I started obsessively hunting for clues. I think it's the solving the puzzle aspect to reading the series that fuels my intense interest in the series. I initially liked Dazzle for its unique art style and zippy dialogue. I became devoted to the series because it gives me the chance to play detective. (My childhood goal was to grow up and become just like Nancy Drew, going around and solving mysteries. )

Tags
adventure, shoujo