Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2007-03-05, 19:11   Link #181
sparkling invalides
kill,save,kill,save......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Our characters got more powerful too, and, honestly, with the thing Killua removed, and with Gon's almost unsealed potential, they are bound to get rid of at least the one they are targeting - that will also free Kaito. It also seemed to me that Netero was going to inform someone else for help, and the only choice came to my mind at that time, was Gon's father. With Netero and Ging fighting together, it would have become a great battle against the king ant. There is also Bisket, who might still be around and who might decide to join the battle. For the other two remaining powerful ants, the other group members seem to have a plan, so, I doubt they will fail.

Maybe Togashi is torn between the ideas of finishing or not finishing the series (cause if Ging is introduced it is bound to finish, but the part with Genei Ryodan will stay incomplete in that case).
I too think Ging will not come on stage at this point, because like you said, his appearance will end the manga and there is just too much left unsaid.

Therefore you see, with the existing characters now, it is simply not possible to win the ant king. True, Netero and Biske are probably two strongest up till now, but I doubt them together can outfight ant king, why, one reason is quoting from a subordinate ant which commented the inferiority of netero's nen power compared to that of the ant king. Another more obvious is that, one of the royal guard of king, Nefelpitou (that cat-woman like) killed Kaito almost effortlessly and without an apparently bruise. No need for me to say how strong Kaito is supposed to be in the story, I suspect he should be at least on the same level as Hisoka.

No question that Killua and Gon have grown a lot, and their growing rate probably surpasses any other nen-user whatsoever, but it's rather far-fetched to think they can now possess the power to face either ant king or any of his three royal guards -- again there is no superman power in HxH, characters' strengths have to grow by steps. In this case, I think, the story is hard to proceed without the 2 main characters occupying the fighting scene.

However, we do have a few new people that we arent yet sure of their real strength. The guy with glasses and another with a pipe...; and Pam(Bam, not sure spelling), whether she can spy successfully; Genei Ryodan members; the octopus ant which has become a buddy of Killua's; that invisible ant... Though I guess, none of them possess the same power as Netero, he most certainly is the most powerful person showed up. Moreover, as the story goes, so much is unanswered that makes us wonder whether they can be important later: The ant Queen's second child; and Ant King's affection for the chess lady.

My guess is it's just huge work to put all this together and end the chapter with a bang, that's what puts Togashi off... The ant chapter is so far so good, the plots are no worse than the previous if you read carefully the story and ignore the artworks. A real fan like me wont accept an expectable mediocre ending for such fantastic progress, I think Togashi wont either, therefore he is, trying his best to wait for inspiration.
sparkling invalides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 23:22   Link #182
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Gon and Killua are destined to kill the one that hurt Kaito, mainly to bring his personality back. I don't know how it will be portrayed, but I assume it will be based on great team play.

Until now, the good guys mostly acted on a plan, so I am sure for the opponents they are determined to fight (the two other guards for the king) they will also have plan to stop them. They don't have to kill them, as long as they can stop their movements, it will be ok. Cause, the biggest problem is the king. If the king and the one Gon targets die, the others won't be a bigger problem.

I think Genei Ryodan will not enter the picture right now, they are not the kind of people who will fight unnecessary fights. At the moment, unless the king comes their location to suppress them, I doubt they will start the fight themselves.

So, the ones currently at the king's base (including the friendly ants), Netero, and at least one other, are what the good guys have against those 4 powerful opponents. The glasses guy is currently down, psychologically, so he can be considered as not in the plan. So, mainly the psycho girl, the pipe guy, the point guy, and the cage guy are the ones to fight against the 2 remaining guards (the invisible guy can be very helpful in creating a momentary opening for the ant's guard). And, I think, they have a chance for success, as long as they play carefully.

So, it all depends on how Togashi draws the process of action. But, I think he has all the ingredients to create a satisfactory success for the good guys. Too bad, they don't have the angel breath (or whatever the name of the card is from the greed island game) cards with them.

I too wonder what will happen to the child who was overpowering the king extremely in those strategy games. She already had some impact on changing the King's attitude towards the humans.

By the way, which part of the artwork are you talking about? The types of the characters (mainly the disgusting ants) or the drawing quality? Cause the drawings in the volume releases are very high quality, hence, quite satisfactory.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-10, 15:30   Link #183
a_nevels666

HxH will be back in october!

Great news: (and this time it seems to be actually true)

According to Heiji-sama from the RitualScanForge site/forum (It's a raw manga scan site) HxH will be back in october!

UPDATE:

To be precise, Shûeisha will publish the chapter(s ?) that Togashi prepared and then there will be again a pause so that the author can do more.

Last edited by a_nevels666; 2007-08-10 at 15:39. Reason: more news.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-10, 15:47   Link #184
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666 View Post
Great news: (and this time it seems to be actually true)

According to Heiji-sama from the RitualScanForge site/forum (It's a raw manga scan site) HxH will be back in october!

UPDATE:

To be precise, Shûeisha will publish the chapter(s ?) that Togashi prepared and then there will be again a pause so that the author can do more.
OH MY FREAKING GOD!!!!! I also heard in another forum that people were talking about this on 4chan. I'm soooooooooooooooo damn happy.

Last edited by Kisuke06; 2007-08-10 at 15:57.
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-10, 19:53   Link #185
majin_vegeta

Has it really been confirmed that Togashi is actally going to write anymore? Please tell me it's true.
majin_vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-10, 20:27   Link #186
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

It is great to hear the news of the series starting again on this thread instead of questions on its future.

I guess, if the series is going to resume once again, mangaka might have prepared sufficient material for the remaining part of the story. At least it would be a pretty good beginning. Now, I guess it is better to start regularly checking the main discussion place for this series, for other news...
Old 2007-08-13, 16:18   Link #187
Umaibo

I'm really getting excited of this revival. Like most others, I gave up on this series. I didn't think it would revive again-- good to see that I am wrong. =p
Umaibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 02:22   Link #188
eurhteranienains
nothing here

hey i heard hisoka is gon's uncle. is this true and kurapica is a girl.... uh someone pm me about this.. thanks
eurhteranienains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 08:34   Link #189
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
so what was his reason for leaving? just because or was he really sick?
Old 2007-08-30, 09:49   Link #190
a_nevels666

Hunter x Hunter's comeback is confirmed! There are scans of the announcement around.

Volume 24 of Hunter x Hunter will be out on the 4th of October, and the latest new chapter will be in the October 6th issue of Shounen Jump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurhteranienains View Post
hey i heard hisoka is gon's uncle. is this true and kurapica is a girl.... uh someone pm me about this.. thanks
No and no. Are you kidding? Both of these are obviously wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
so what was his reason for leaving? just because or was he really sick?
I think health problems was the only reason given. Everything is just fan speculation.
Old 2007-08-30, 11:04   Link #191
Hydex

Health reasons heh? I bet he just got lazy
Hydex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 12:10   Link #192
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydex View Post
Health reasons heh? I bet he just got lazy
He is more like walking along a thin rope that can take him to the other world at any time. The only wish I have is that I hope he has created the main outline for the remaining part of his story and left that in his will to his wife. Cause, you can be sure that the story is going to have many more breaks, and of course at best, it will be moving at a pace that can even make you desire to at least have the speed of Berserk's releases.
Old 2007-08-30, 12:33   Link #193
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666 View Post
Hunter x Hunter's comeback is confirmed! There are scans of the announcement around.

Volume 24 of Hunter x Hunter will be out on the 4th of October, and the latest new chapter will be in the October 6th issue of Shounen Jump.
Thanks for the news. Are chapters going to be released weekly or monthly?
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 13:17   Link #194
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
Thanks for the news. Are chapters going to be released weekly or monthly?
The regular schedule for the series is weekly, but, for Hunter x Hunter's mangaka, the schedule is kept flexible, so, in reality, it might have a random release schedule as well as a weekly release schedule. At this point, I doubt anyone, even the publisher of Shounen magazine, has any idea of what will happen after October 6.
Old 2007-08-30, 13:29   Link #195
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Goodness, and I thought HxH would be confined to my memories for good. I'm not optimistic that "serial lazy scumbag" Togashi (lol) is able to clean up the mess that was the Bug Arc. Better to just start over from the end of Greed Island, the fans will be more than happy to pretend that the Bug Arc was all a bad dream...

As most of us know, Togashi's got the unique privilege amongst serial magazine mangakas to do that, thanks to him abusing his fame from YuYu Hakusho. You can't imagine Kubo Tite or Kishimoto Masashi even contemplate rewriting their stories without the editor's consent, or they'll risk seeing Bleach or Naruto ending prematurely.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 13:40   Link #196
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
The regular schedule for the series is weekly, but, for Hunter x Hunter's mangaka, the schedule is kept flexible, so, in reality, it might have a random release schedule as well as a weekly release schedule. At this point, I doubt anyone, even the publisher of Shounen magazine, has any idea of what will happen after October 6.
I see. Thanks for the info.

It's unfortunate, but it makes sense. It would surprise me greatly if the mangaka suddenly is able to do a weekly release.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 13:55   Link #197
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
It would surprise me greatly if the mangaka suddenly is able to do a weekly release.
To me, that can only happen if the mangaka has enough material to draw the next few chapters, or the best, if he has the next few chapters mostly ready. If I were the mangaka or publishers of Shounen I would have preferred that method, as it would at least guarantee a few weeks of happy period. So, it is still possible, and let's hope this is the case.

But, at this point, even if the mangaka wants to start drawing around the time when the magazine is about the publish the first chapter in months, and without having anything ready for the next few chapters, I doubt Shounen would refuse his request. As a reader, I don't mind it to proceed slowly as long as it somehow proceeds, and I guess the majority of Hunter x Hunter readers (faithful readers is a better term I believe) consider it that way right now, after that very long unnatural break.
Old 2007-08-30, 14:13   Link #198
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Goodness, and I thought HxH would be confined to my memories for good. I'm not optimistic that "serial lazy scumbag" Togashi (lol) is able to clean up the mess that was the Bug Arc. Better to just start over from the end of Greed Island, the fans will be more than happy to pretend that the Bug Arc was all a bad dream...

As most of us know, Togashi's got the unique privilege amongst serial magazine mangakas to do that, thanks to him abusing his fame from YuYu Hakusho. You can't imagine Kubo Tite or Kishimoto Masashi even contemplate rewriting their stories without the editor's consent, or they'll risk seeing Bleach or Naruto ending prematurely.
There's nothing really wrong with the ant story arc . The art in Shounen Jump chapters was very sketchy, but that was cleaned up and improved for the volume releases and those look just fine.

The ant arc started a little generic (Surprise! An even stonger villain shows up!), but it got better later on, the later stuff is just as good as the previous story arcs IMO.
Old 2007-08-30, 14:27   Link #199
Tiberium Wolf

The ant arc looks like to me to be a DBZ clone!
Old 2007-08-30, 17:02   Link #200
Kisuke06
I see...

Spoiler for bigger:

It's official!!!!
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
overpowered villain