AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2024-03-01, 16:10   Link #301
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Too late. I have lost 50/50 to Welt

Considering should I keep pursuing Sparkle or save guarantee for Acheron.
My condolences, part of the 50/50 loss crew here, loss to Himeko for me. Mind if i ask how many rolls do you have left ? since I'm only having 20 left myself and that's after a lot of questing and monthly ticket.

Pure Meta wise, Sparkle >> Acheron, Support is just generally more valuable is one thing, but she's also game 2 of the important parts of the game mechanics, Skill points generation and turn order manipulation. She's essentially powercreep Bronya, and we all know how good Bronya is.

Acheron, while powerful based on leak, require 2 nihillity unit if you are at E0 and she's also Lightning, which is pretty crowded with limited unit DPS such as Jing Yuan and Kafka, both is capable of multitarget and single target. Granted, they focus on different thing but they share the same element and are all DPS. Honestly speaking, Acheron role overlap quite a bit with both of the limited Lightning. Her animation though, is on a different class. I love her design and her ult so probably go all in on her regardless, but I don't know if I can save up enough to tank another 50/50 loss in time . Just hope she is after Adventurine at this point so I can save more.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-02, 00:24   Link #302
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
My condolences, part of the 50/50 loss crew here, loss to Himeko for me. Mind if i ask how many rolls do you have left ? since I'm only having 20 left myself and that's after a lot of questing and monthly ticket.

Pure Meta wise, Sparkle >> Acheron, Support is just generally more valuable is one thing, but she's also game 2 of the important parts of the game mechanics, Skill points generation and turn order manipulation. She's essentially powercreep Bronya, and we all know how good Bronya is.

Acheron, while powerful based on leak, require 2 nihillity unit if you are at E0 and she's also Lightning, which is pretty crowded with limited unit DPS such as Jing Yuan and Kafka, both is capable of multitarget and single target. Granted, they focus on different thing but they share the same element and are all DPS. Honestly speaking, Acheron role overlap quite a bit with both of the limited Lightning. Her animation though, is on a different class. I love her design and her ult so probably go all in on her regardless, but I don't know if I can save up enough to tank another 50/50 loss in time . Just hope she is after Adventurine at this point so I can save more.
Right now both Sparkle and Acheron are desirable for me. I still have enough roll to get Sparkle but If I do it, I really have to hope to win 50/50 on Acheron.

Sparkle is ,as you say, very future proof and will benefit many character. - Including what I might pull in future.

However, my rosters right now has many *5 support and sustain but lack of powerful DPS (like Dan heng IL, and that red-hair armor guy). I have Seele mono quantum team, Jingliu team(+ Ruan Mei, Fu Xuan, etc) and DoT team with Kafka and her DoT teammates. Acheron will be good addition to DoT team. I really want more of those "press a button(s) and everything dies" character.

Last edited by Marina2; 2024-03-02 at 01:16.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-02, 00:34   Link #303
haseo0408

Got Balck Swam on my first 10 pulls on this patch and Inhibitor Lunae 50 later. I think I'm going to skip Acheron, even though it pains me to do so but many rumors about Firefly coming up in version 2.2 and not only I want her I NEED her on my team.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-03, 11:02   Link #304
Liddo-kun
is this so?

sad news... if nothing changes, looks like Acheron will be following Sparkle banner.

https://game8.co/games/Honkai-Star-Rail/archives/408381

fortunately, Lantern Rite is already over. No long event in Genshin right now. I can spend more time gathering jades in Star Rail.
but this is still a difficult situation that a requires plenty of effort, and also plenty of luck to get Acheron and her light cone.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2024-03-03 at 11:34.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-04, 04:03   Link #305
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Got Sparkle after losing the 50/50 to Himeko
Now saving for Acheron so I can have a strong lightning dps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
---> Xueyi is difficult to build, but rewarding to build if you can get enough damage. She is not a replacement for Qingque.. there are still several places I want Qingque instead of her. However, there are now places where I want her instead of QQ. For example, I bring Xueyi in SU 6.. she quickly kills the annoying Bronya that the Cocolia boss summons in the second phase. Also, in MOC 8, Xueyi (with Ruan Mei buff) destroyed Yanqing boss. She is very good at breaking boss shields, ignoring element of the target is an advantage.
Funfact: A good teammate for Xueyi is Tingyun.
Her buff gives the target ally a bonus attack of lightning dmg (calculated based on the buffed character's stats), which works well with Xueyi because she buffs herself with a boost to all dmg types.
Old 2024-03-05, 03:23   Link #306
Marina2

If you have been playing since DAY1, this month should be the point where you reach 300 pulls on standard banner.
Old 2024-03-05, 03:54   Link #307
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
If you have been playing since DAY1, this month should be the point where you reach 300 pulls on standard banner.
That seems about right. I'm at 280, although technically I have a few more 4-stars I could raise to 70. Then, thanks to my previous 50/50 losses, I'll have the full slate of standard 5-stars, so that'll be nice. (Welt is the last one I am currently missing.)
Old 2024-03-05, 04:03   Link #308
Liddo-kun
is this so?

made a mistake.. I thought Gallagher is a 5 star. Now it looks like he's a 4 star. Thought if he's a 5 star, then it would be another "resting" area to restock jades. I guess not.
__

oh, and for the f2p people... Planetary Rendezvous is pretty good if you would put Sparkle in a mono quantum team, the light cone buffs everyone in combat.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2024-03-05 at 11:09.
Old 2024-03-10, 17:44   Link #309
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Penacony

just started it

liking the ambience and background music of the hotel.

Spoiler:
Old 2024-03-11, 23:19   Link #310
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

https://twitter.com/houkaistarrail/s...00182424248783

Robin drip marketing. Well it was obvious she wasn't dead yet but still. Didn't notice it was Nazuka Kaori for her JP voice. She's one of those that are hard to recognize. And a different voice actor listed for her singing part, all across every language. Wonder how that works.
She's 1st phase in 2.2 then. Tomorrow will be the other one. And Physical Harmony. We've gotten top Harmony units recently with Ruan Mei and Sparkle. Gonna be hard to top those two.

Star Rail is still not stopping the multiple releases. Genshin has settled to one 5 star in 4.5 and 4.6 with Arle's drip marketing yesterday. No matter the high rate of gem income, it's offset by the high frequency release, more so that they're really strong units that are hard to pass up.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-12, 04:25   Link #311
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Wrong Hoyo thread
Old 2024-03-12, 05:54   Link #312
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Robin drip marketing. Well it was obvious she wasn't dead yet but still. Didn't notice it was Nazuka Kaori for her JP voice. She's one of those that are hard to recognize. And a different voice actor listed for her singing part, all across every language. Wonder how that works.
Regarding the singing voice, it's because the song is in English in all languages, so they just have the one singer. (I'm not sure if they'll add another song in a future patch, but presumably it too will be in English for all.)

And yeah, I think anyone with any literary sense would not have taken the death there at face value, especially given that they want out of the way to show that it happened in the dream and called it "spiritual death." Plus, as has been pointed out, they weren't going to go through all that work to create that character and only use her in so few scenes.

Quote:
Star Rail is still not stopping the multiple releases. Genshin has settled to one 5 star in 4.5 and 4.6 with Arle's drip marketing yesterday. No matter the high rate of gem income, it's offset by the high frequency release, more so that they're really strong units that are hard to pass up.
Yeah. Even in Genshin Impact, the first few patches of a cycle tend to be more packed, but the real difference is that even after that they haven't let up yet. It's certainly a less friendly game for character collectors, at the very least, nevermind the pressure related to evolving meta. Even when a rerun occurs, it's competing with another new character, so yeah... I guess we'll see what happens.
Old 2024-03-12, 12:40   Link #313
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Wrong Hoyo thread
deleted and reposted in the Genshin thread. hehe ^^
________

now arrived in the Dreamscape.

Spoiler:

______

edit:

liking the jp voice of Firefly. Her voice is pleasant to listen to.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2024-03-12 at 13:06.
Old 2024-03-13, 00:16   Link #314
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

https://twitter.com/honkaistarrail/s...62835495440773

Boothill drip marketing. That's not Sam or Firefly. He sorta looks like Douman from FGO
Spoiler:

At least after Robin I can save a bit.
Old 2024-03-13, 00:47   Link #315
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
https://twitter.com/honkaistarrail/s...62835495440773

Boothill drip marketing. That's not Sam or Firefly. He sorta looks like Douman from FGO
Spoiler:

At least after Robin I can save a bit.
Honestly I'm kind of surprised in a way, but I guess it makes sense. They said that the story is going to run from 2.0 to 2.3 this time, so presumably 2.3 would be Sam and Sunday (or one of the two and they'll stretch the other to the next one). And stereotypical though it is, alternating between female characters and male characters (despite what they did here in 2.0) is probably a reasonable way of pacing a good segment of your audience (except those who want to pull for all!). I was wondering before if they were going to front-load all the plot relevant characters and then later patches would be filled with extras or one-offs, but it seems not (or at least not as much).

I guess maybe we'll meet Boothill in the next patch?
Spoiler for 2.0 plot + Boothill teaser text:
Old 2024-03-13, 02:22   Link #316
Tenzen12

Aventurine seems have no idea who Acheron is or isn't in first place. If what you said is true, Boothil is probably well acquainted with her.
Old 2024-03-14, 03:25   Link #317
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Aventurine seems have no idea who Acheron is or isn't in first place. If what you said is true, Boothil is probably well acquainted with her.
Well, the suggestion he gave is that Acheron is not actually a Galaxy Ranger, but is actually an Emanator of something, and is basically using a fake ID to slip in. But at the time that was unsubstantiated (though Black Swan seemed to confirm part of the story). So if they are now going to introduce a Galaxy Ranger, it'll presumably go one of two ways: either Boothill confirms who Acheron is (seemingly refuting Aventurine's claim), or has no idea who she is (seemingly supporting it). Any of course, either of these could *still* include deception, so they could do a fake-out.
Old 2024-03-14, 23:14   Link #318
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Waited until today to be sure coz maybe they delayed it with White Day yesterday, but it's official now that 2.2 won't have a new 4 star as there wasn't a drip yesterday and today. They've been releasing new 4 stars since 1.1 so it's surprising now that there isn't a new one. Especially with Penacony having a vast amount of people and factions within it. We got a "literally who" character that everyone is set to hate, Boothill, just because it wasn't Firefly or Sam.
Would prefer they slow down on the 5 stars instead but it is what it is.
Old 2024-03-15, 06:42   Link #319
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
We got a "literally who" character that everyone is set to hate, Boothill, just because it wasn't Firefly or Sam.
why would I hate this guy? his banner is a rest area to re-stock my jades. I'm glad he appeared.

rest areas are badly needed.

had to endure not getting Black Swan in any server (tried in EU, but 40 pass are not enough), even though I really like her design + way of fighting with tarot cards. Because there's no gaps for me to rest with Swan, Sparkle, Acheron...

seeing this Boothill guy appear, and it looks like he comes before Firely... it's a good omen that I have a chance of getting Firefly and her cone.
____

Food event about to end. To anyone who has not done it yet, I recommend that you do. Plenty jades in exchange for some easy to get items.
Old 2024-03-15, 08:22   Link #320
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, the suggestion he gave is that Acheron is not actually a Galaxy Ranger, but is actually an Emanator of something, and is basically using a fake ID to slip in. But at the time that was unsubstantiated (though Black Swan seemed to confirm part of the story). So if they are now going to introduce a Galaxy Ranger, it'll presumably go one of two ways: either Boothill confirms who Acheron is (seemingly refuting Aventurine's claim), or has no idea who she is (seemingly supporting it). Any of course, either of these could *still* include deception, so they could do a fake-out.
I don't think Aventurine lied when he said she's Emanator. Problem is that he is using that as argument for her not being Galaxy Ranger, which make zero sense as there is no correlation between two. Aventurine could as well make argument she is not GR because she has blue hair or because she doesn't unsheathe her sword.

Of course it might turn she was never affiliated with them. (I don't think it's the case, but it's possible), but even if Aventurine happen to be right in the end, it doesn't change that he was still full of BS when he said that and him being right would be nothing but his bluff coming true out of pure luck.

Anyway I predict Boothill will know Acheron and even confirm her identity , but Acheron will have no clue who he is.