AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

Old 2007-10-03, 14:57   Link #61
Kouvley

Hmm Kaneda Tomoko......she was absolutely perfect for Chiyo-chan in Azumanga but she seems a bit miscast here.

Anyway, pretty standard stuff in ep1.
Kouvley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 19:40   Link #62
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Not bad, watched the first episode--it does seem pretty standard for the genre but the animation and character designs are both pretty good, and there's enough potential mystery involved to keep me hooked. A few random thoughts on the first episode:

Spoiler for episode 1:

It's funny how often the "move back after X years not having seen or heard from any of your old childhood friends in that time" gets used in anime, but in this day and age, I've got to think they'd all just keep in touch long-distance. When I was a kid that meant writing letters or expensive long-distance calls, but today--hell, between email, IM, Myspace and whatever you'd think it wouldn't be that hard to keep in touch, unless Sana was in Zimbabwe for the last five years...
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 20:48   Link #63
changeup

still recall that in Kanon Yuuichi was talking about learning Swahili... so it's not that impossible that Sana was in Tanzania or something like that...
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 01:31   Link #64
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

I found very little to like about this anime from the first episode. The plotting was predictable to a T and I probably could have filled a small flipbook with the amount of frames they used for the episode. Needless to say I will not follow up on this, even though I may be one of Ami's most ardent fans this side of the Pacific.
Wavedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 02:13   Link #65
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavedash View Post
I found very little to like about this anime from the first episode. The plotting was predictable to a T and I probably could have filled a small flipbook with the amount of frames they used for the episode. Needless to say I will not follow up on this, even though I may be one of Ami's most ardent fans this side of the Pacific.
Originality is overrated. I'll at least watch until Amisuke has more lines. But I agree that I can't watch anime I don't like even when they have VAs I do like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
How about mentioning some of his [Koyasu Takehito's] most recent roles, like Keith from Toward the Terra? :3
Good point, except that I mentioned Nougami Neuro, which would be his most recent role. Anyway, I also watch at least an episode or two of anything he's in. Like Koutetsu Sangokushi. I only really discovered him in Saiunkoku Monogatari, last year.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 13:30   Link #66
Kensuke

First episode is subbed.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 13:31   Link #67
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

And the torrent is not working with Azureus xD
bahamut zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 13:50   Link #68
Mef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
yes it is 0o
Mef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 16:09   Link #69
UPR

Hmmmm I wonder the reason Sana came back. He did not look to happy talking to his mother.

And i'll guess i'll be the first one to say it Sana x Nanaka FTW!!!!!!!!
Old 2007-10-04, 16:20   Link #70
Midonin
Last Engage

Just saw the first episode. I like the OP, and it looks like a good sort of romance show - dramatic, but not overly so. I can appreciate that. Aoi sounds like a tape recorder on fast forward, even when not actually fast-forwarded. Doesn't bother me too much, though. I think my ears have built up some sort of immunity to high-pitched voices.

Not a bad start, and I recognize a good majority of the voice cast (want to see more of Shuri myself; Yukari Tamura's voice stands out anywhere to me). Looking forward to seeing where it goes from here...no doubt from a slap to a kiss, as the trope goes.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 16:20   Link #71
Jerseykid

Sana x Aoi x Nanaka x the sister. If it's anything like m33w's last sub i expect lots of intense sexual angst!
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 16:29   Link #72
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well, the first episode is decent i guess. Not bad, but nothing exceptional that would stand out either - pretty standard stuff. Aoi's voice is a vocal overkill for my ears though ... not to the point of making them bleed, but close. Given that i usually have zero problems with high pitched voices, that has to say something

The slap was unexpected ... i wonder what had to happen to turn the sweet girl from the past in to this. So far chances are high i will end up not liking Nanaka in the end. I expect we will see her being a b*tch about something for the better part of the series. Certainly not a good first impression. Waiting for the rest of the cast to be introduced.

Overall seems good enough to keep watching.

random note - OP was highly enjoyable
Old 2007-10-04, 16:43   Link #73
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Man I really should of gone to school in japan...According to anime all teachers are extremely attractive women over there where as all I got stuck with was guys and old hags here.

So yea its a little "by the numbers" but the characters and the dialouge was enough to hold my attention throughout the episode. Frankly after listening to Nene in potemayo aoi's voice didn't phase me one bit...It was actually almost endearing in a weird way.

I can probably take a vague guess where this ones going, but ill still stick with it just the same.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 16:47   Link #74
Computer_guy

Send a message via MSN to Computer_guy
Just watched, looks like this is one of the ones im gonna be watching this fall. Cant wait for more!!
Computer_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 17:11   Link #75
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post

So yea its a little "by the numbers" but the characters and the dialouge was enough to hold my attention throughout the episode. Frankly after listening to Nene in potemayo aoi's voice didn't phase me one bit...It was actually almost endearing in a weird way.
Amazing...i can never be immune to such a voice

Hopefully this series wont be as predictable as it is making out to be :3 (I expect some heart breaks by the end of this!!).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 17:51   Link #76
DanielSong39

Solid start; it was definitely better than expected. It's a bit by-the-book and I would've preferred to see Aoi toned down a bit, but a solid effort. Interesting characters and decent backstory. I found the art and music appealing as well.

One big plus was the better male/female ratio. 2 guys and 3 girls; it looks more like a typical circle of friends. Reminds me of the gang in Onegai Teacher - now if Sana went for the hot teacher, it would be perfect. But if he stuck to girls his own age, I prefer Aoi to Nanaka; the flashbacks are inconclusive as to which girl he really likes, and Aoi would almost certainly treat him better.

I'm pretty sure Nanaka will evolve into the main love interest and put Sana through the emotional ringer, but I would like to see something different - a show more focused on friendships than romance. The opening scene definitely leans in that direction; and I think it would be better in the long run for everyone involved if the romance remained on the back burner. Plus, I would love to see Nanaka suffer the pain of rejection... something to cut her down to size.

P.S. Is it just me, or does Sana look exactly like Tatsuya from Crescent Love? I feel sorry for Sana already; Feena > Nanaka by a country mile...
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 18:21   Link #77
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
but I would like to see something different - a show more focused on friendships than romance. The opening scene definitely leans in that direction; and I think it would be better in the long run for everyone involved if the romance remained on the back burner.
Well if you are looking for something different, then this is not the place for it. Yeah it started as friendship ,but it quickly changed after that especially with the slap. And frankly I don't agree with the friendship being better and romance for the back burner. Im sure many would agree with you, but i did not pick this up for a friendship thing, I went for it because of the romance, as many i suspect did as well.
Old 2007-10-04, 18:53   Link #78
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
Well if you are looking for something different, then this is not the place for it. Yeah it started as friendship ,but it quickly changed after that especially with the slap. And frankly I don't agree with the friendship being better and romance for the back burner. Im sure many would agree with you, but i did not pick this up for a friendship thing, I went for it because of the romance, as many i suspect did as well.
I agree I picked this anime mainly for the romance and as did many who was first attracted to this anime
Old 2007-10-04, 19:20   Link #79
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
If I think I know where you got it (Ty....sho) the name of the torrent is jacked up.
Save it to your desktop. Edit it so the name is Hithere.torrent.

That will open it. The torrent name has 2 different spots where it is wrong.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 20:07   Link #80
Chewy

I don't know, I have a feeling the story won't be as simple as a straight forward romance. I think there's something big hidden underneath all of this which will come up and hit the viewers hard when they let their guard down.

I might just be setting myself up for a big disappointment though.....
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, comedy, dogakobo, drama, romance, school life, yeti