AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-01-08, 11:56   Link #341
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

I wonder - what kind of reaction would Kyousuke gave on August 17th if he and Kirino never went through the events of the novels?
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 01:25   Link #342
zpf0918
Aishiteiru to itte kure

Send a message via AIM to zpf0918 Send a message via Yahoo to zpf0918
hmm question: I was reading something on wikipedia on the characters and not sure if its true or not. (being wikipedia being half the time right)

On the Kuroneko's character description someone added that "Kuroneko later becomes Kyōsuke's girlfriend." on the wiki page. The anime doesn't prove that after watching it but wondering if the manga proves it?

EDIT: I think i answered my question just reading previous posts ><
zpf0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 01:28   Link #343
drsypher

At the end of the latest light novel volume (the 7th one), Kuroneko does apparently become Kyosuke's girlfriend, that's correct. The anime ended at the end of the 4th volume so it's not that far in. I haven't read the manga, but unless it's that far into the story, I doubt there's any sign of that there either.
drsypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 01:33   Link #344
zpf0918
Aishiteiru to itte kure

Send a message via AIM to zpf0918 Send a message via Yahoo to zpf0918
Quote:
Originally Posted by drsypher View Post
At the end of the latest light novel volume (the 7th one), Kuroneko does apparently become Kyosuke's girlfriend, that's correct. The anime ended at the end of the 4th volume so it's not that far in. I haven't read the manga, but unless it's that far into the story, I doubt it's there's any sign of that there either.
Currently scans are up to v3 supposedly on the manga but it does seem still a bit far ahead when it comes to the manga.
zpf0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 05:58   Link #345
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

man, i hope the remaining volume/s for the LN would have a non-incest route! i'm gonna cry blood if kirino ends up with kyousuke! DX
GO RURI!! (faqing kyo, don't ever leave your awesome gf for your sister. omae wa kurosu da!!)
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 01:02   Link #346
aldw

Rereading the manga and the light novel translations makes me appreciate the better characterizations over the anime, especially as they have nuances that the anime just glosses over unfortunately (Kirino particularly is more likeable for all her antics).
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 22:48   Link #347
Kaos!

The short story that came with the Oreimo Portable has been translated into chinese. Long story short, it is about a dream Kyosuke's life where he was married. The name of his wife was never mentioned throughout though guesswork can be done.

Spoiler for Theory on who was the wife in the dream:
Kaos! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 19:28   Link #348
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos! View Post
The short story that came with the Oreimo Portable has been translated into chinese. Long story short, it is about a dream Kyosuke's life where he was married. The name of his wife was never mentioned throughout though guesswork can be done.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-02-07, 04:47   Link #349
larethian

Oreimo translation at B-T

I'll be finishing up the half-assed chapters I started in B-T, at SNAIL-PACE though. Don't ask me for estimated dates of completetion, thanks.

and just a pre-emptive note: don't complain about my English or language skills, since I suck at writing and composition . Won't be as good as Himatsubushi / EvilLinkz. You are welcome to come make it better.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 08:19   Link #350
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 10:30   Link #351
Maugomale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos! View Post

Spoiler:
Maugomale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 11:21   Link #352
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maugomale View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-02-08, 04:16   Link #353
Flere821
Lurker

Spoiler for Theory on the new psp novel:
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 04:36   Link #354
Maugomale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Spoiler for Theory on the new psp novel:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-02-08, 04:44   Link #355
Stefkov

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but is incest heavily implied in this series?
I read summaries of a few of the books whilst the series was airing and, I don't know if it was the guy's style but, by the time I read that Kyosuke went to America to get Kirino back all I could think was that some incest relationship was starting to form. Then all I could feel was hatred towards the anime because it had such an annoying story (imo) but what looked like high production costs (whereas other shows which really interested me looked average).
Again I'm sorry if it's been asked but because I don't know it's been annoying me for quite a while and I want peace of mind.
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 04:45   Link #356
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

And as a aside, the author haven't started to write the next Novel yet, he was too busy writing this special to go with the psp game, plus being on the design team to give some input into the routes in the PSP game.
The author was involved in the Kirino and Kuroneko routes in the game.
Old 2011-02-08, 04:48   Link #357
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefkov View Post
I'm sorry if this has been asked before but is incest heavily implied in this series?
I read summaries of a few of the books whilst the series was airing and, I don't know if it was the guy's style but, by the time I read that Kyosuke went to America to get Kirino back all I could think was that some incest relationship was starting to form. Then all I could feel was hatred towards the anime because it had such an annoying story (imo) but what looked like high production costs (whereas other shows which really interested me looked average).
Again I'm sorry if it's been asked but because I don't know it's been annoying me for quite a while and I want peace of mind.
Not really heavily implied. IMO Kirino is just a normal 'bro-con' (if that can even be called normal...) that just want her brother to care about her really deep down. There's nothing sexual about it, and whenever something like that is implied it is practically always played for laughs rather than focusing on the incest aspect.
Old 2011-02-08, 05:08   Link #358
Maugomale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-02-08, 05:22   Link #359
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefkov View Post
there is no way this story is going to be incestuous.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 06:57   Link #360
Kaos!

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler for Bonus story:
Kaos! is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings