AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-09-20, 15:10   Link #661
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Indeed it is the Titanic museum in Belfast, the yellow cranes in photo 2 are Samson and Goliath the cranes used to construct the Titanic.

My parent had the intention of getting the first image printed on a large canvas for their home but its yet to happen. =[

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 08:16   Link #662
Akarin

3 photos from my last shoot with my friend as a model.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
without a flash strobe
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 02:22   Link #663
Akarin

Some photos from yesterday.

Jak-Jap Festival, 30 Sept 2012

Images

Images

Images

Images

Images

Images
Zombie

Images

Images
Strength

Images

Images
Asuna-Kirito

Images

Images
FFF Class

Images
F/Z

Images
HxH

Images
Gendum

Images

Images
Oppa gangnam

Last edited by Akarin; 2012-10-01 at 03:24.
Old 2012-10-09, 23:03   Link #664
Akarin

Daily life
Images

Images

Images

Images

Images

Images

Images

Images

---

Ancol theme park, Jakarta
Images

Images

Images

Images

Images

Last edited by Akarin; 2012-10-09 at 23:26.
Old 2012-10-11, 00:13   Link #665
LeoXiao
思想工作

@Akarin: like the pics, interesting country.

I'm not much of a photographer, but here's a weird cloud that I saw once. I don't know how it ended up like this, but imagination tells me that a jet flew through it and gave it this new shape. But that's ridiculous so it was probably something boring like the wind.
Spoiler for space:
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 07:51   Link #666
Solafighter
Hige

Shot this today morning. A very nice cold front.

Old 2012-10-13, 17:25   Link #667
escimo
Paparazzi

@Solarfighter, Very nice indeed!

I've been doing quite a bit of night photography and long exposure stuff lately. A few picks:

Helsinki at Night by J. Savio, on Flickr

Day 163. 2012/09/19 by J. Savio, on Flickr

Day 165. 2012/09/21 by J. Savio, on Flickr

Day 182. 2012/10/08 by J. Savio, on Flickr

Day 183. 2012/10/09 by J. Savio, on Flickr

And here's something new. I tried doing some videography yesterday. Quickie shoot mainly for the purpose of testing image stabilization with legacy lenses that Olympus introduced in the latest firmware upgrade for my camera, so the content is a bit meh... Anyway did some quick post processing work on it anyway.

Vimeo Link
escimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 02:03   Link #668
calorie

Some photos from my Instagram account (username is snvc):

calorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 01:20   Link #669
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

I need some advice! I own the Canon 60D with a 50mm 1.4 USM lens. I'm more into taking video, nature shots, or group pictures with friends. At times I found the 50mm hard to manage indoors when recording something or getting a group shot. Taking many steps back, to get what I need (and at times its impossible with restricted area) I was wondering if I should get a 28mm or 35mm. I was watching DigitalRev which got me to lean more on the 28mm, cos they say 35 is really close to 50mm. I don't mind getting close when taking pictures, but I just something else in the bag if I'm restricted to space and can't back up. Suggestions?
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 19:18   Link #670
escimo
Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afternoon Tea View Post
I need some advice! I own the Canon 60D with a 50mm 1.4 USM lens. I'm more into taking video, nature shots, or group pictures with friends. At times I found the 50mm hard to manage indoors when recording something or getting a group shot. Taking many steps back, to get what I need (and at times its impossible with restricted area) I was wondering if I should get a 28mm or 35mm. I was watching DigitalRev which got me to lean more on the 28mm, cos they say 35 is really close to 50mm. I don't mind getting close when taking pictures, but I just something else in the bag if I'm restricted to space and can't back up. Suggestions?
I would consider Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 USM IS for that use. It's quite a bit more expensive than the 28mm or 35mm but way more versatile. On a downside if you decide to go full frame some time in the future, you can't use it on it. It's also a bit slower but 60D has quite decent low light performance so unless you want to play with extremely shallow depth of field you're fine and F2.8 isn't all that bad anyway. You'll of course have the 50mm for your bokehlicious needs.
Old 2013-01-13, 01:13   Link #671
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by escimo View Post
I would consider Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 USM IS for that use. It's quite a bit more expensive than the 28mm or 35mm but way more versatile. On a downside if you decide to go full frame some time in the future, you can't use it on it. It's also a bit slower but 60D has quite decent low light performance so unless you want to play with extremely shallow depth of field you're fine and F2.8 isn't all that bad anyway. You'll of course have the 50mm for your bokehlicious needs.
It seems that many recommend the Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 on other forums, but its so bloody expensive 1k buckaroos. I might be just getting the 28mm since many photographers say its one of the staples for street photography, and can be just as versatile as 35. I'm trying to create a bag of 2-primes 1-zoom thing. I think the 17-55 will be my next zoom lenses, unless other recommendation. Or maybe get a L lenses like the 16-35 for my 3rd lenses.
Old 2013-01-13, 07:38   Link #672
escimo
Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afternoon Tea View Post
It seems that many recommend the Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 on other forums, but its so bloody expensive 1k buckaroos. I might be just getting the 28mm since many photographers say its one of the staples for street photography, and can be just as versatile as 35. I'm trying to create a bag of 2-primes 1-zoom thing. I think the 17-55 will be my next zoom lenses, unless other recommendation. Or maybe get a L lenses like the 16-35 for my 3rd lenses.
It's indeed quite pricey. One other lens you could check out is Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di-II VC LD it's about half the price of the Canon and has some issues in terms of optical performance (high field curvature) but in terms of resolution it's quite OK and it produces color and contrast comparable to the Canon 17-55mm. You should have no problem what so ever with any of it foibles when shooting video and in photographs you really need to start pixel peeping.

As for primes APS-C Canon users are still in a bit of a difficult spot. There are no reasonable 35mm and 50mm full frame equivalent lenses. Neither of the Canon's 28mm lenses are really solid performers especially for the price. The old 35mm F2 provides decent performance for the price but since it's relatively cheap...

I've dumped my Canon gear but the primes I was planning to buy before I switched systems were Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 and Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM.
They are pretty much the closest things you can get to traditional 35mm and 50mm field of view, for a reasonable price.
Old 2013-01-13, 16:27   Link #673
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by escimo View Post
It's indeed quite pricey. One other lens you could check out is Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di-II VC LD it's about half the price of the Canon and has some issues in terms of optical performance (high field curvature) but in terms of resolution it's quite OK and it produces color and contrast comparable to the Canon 17-55mm. You should have no problem what so ever with any of it foibles when shooting video and in photographs you really need to start pixel peeping.

As for primes APS-C Canon users are still in a bit of a difficult spot. There are no reasonable 35mm and 50mm full frame equivalent lenses. Neither of the Canon's 28mm lenses are really solid performers especially for the price. The old 35mm F2 provides decent performance for the price but since it's relatively cheap...

I've dumped my Canon gear but the primes I was planning to buy before I switched systems were Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 and Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM.
They are pretty much the closest things you can get to traditional 35mm and 50mm field of view, for a reasonable price.
Its a real bummer that its 2013, and Canon/Nikon still hasn't made a 31 or 30mm lenses ( think its because they would lose money on the full-frame). Both being closet to 50mm standard after the crop factor of 1.6x. Even though they pump out so many products with the same sensor of CMOS APS-C within the span of 4 years. The crop sensor DSLRs only serve to highlight the full-frame models even more and make them look like some kind of holy grail (DigitalRev). One thing about Canon EF-S is it wont be compatible when I do upgrade to full frame. I like the 60D since it has the features I need, and really good for video with out spending more money on the 7D when it doesn't even have full frame. So for now I'm just going to wait for a better full-frame DSLR that offers features the 7D/60D have but in full frame. The flip screen is staple for video angles. I'll just look at the lens library until something like this does happen. I would get the 30mm Stigma, but 28 would be wider (if needed I could just take steps in). Since the Crop sensor is real bummer its about 4 steps back to get the real view

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2013-01-13 at 16:44.
Old 2013-01-14, 20:37   Link #674
kimpleng
Lurker

Images
kimpleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 17:25   Link #675
escimo
Paparazzi

Double exposure

Day 262. 2012/12/27 by J. Savio, on Flickr

Composed multi-exposure fireworks photo

Day 266. 2012/12/31 by J. Savio, on Flickr

Night photography

Day 279. 2013/01/13 by J. Savio, on Flickr

I would also want to point out that there's a Social Group for photographers. It's been a bit low on activity lately but we used to host competitions and challenges and could do so again if the activity picks up.
Old 2013-01-18, 19:13   Link #676
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I haven't much to show for the past couple of months but heres a few practice shots I took while playing about with some lights.

Images

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 00:17   Link #677
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

New bachelor suite, and by stepping onto the balcony I locked eyes with a lonely sign.
Old 2013-04-03, 05:24   Link #678
Tougarashi
zutto soba ni ite ne

Thingyan, water festival in Yangon

Images

Current Season animes: Listeners, Tower of God
Tougarashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 05:59   Link #679
Dop
Mmmm....

A little over a month ago and having bought a block of Ilford FP4+ I loaded a roll into my old Olympus OM-1 and looked for something photogenic despite what a horrible cold damp grey day it was.

Don't blink... by Antony J Shepherd, on Flickr

I develop the film myself and scan the negatives, which keeps costs down and doesn't require a darkroom. Anyone else out there using film?
Dop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 12:47   Link #680
Solafighter
Hige

Tampa Bay.

Tags
photography