AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-07, 12:04   Link #541
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I found Tamaki pretty annoying at the beginning of the series but she's been growing on me lately. "I love you! I need you!"

As for the dubious science in the episode... it's probably better not to think about it too much. I didn't start watching Majestic Prince for realistic science anyway so this doesn't bother me.
Old 2013-06-07, 12:45   Link #542
hai_san

Well yes, it wasn't the big revelation with surpirse twist or whatever but still solid enough to make the story passable. About how the assimilation/integration of "seeds" are left to be seen or imagine yourself.
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 12:58   Link #543
SQA

If the Wulgaru had setup this plan, say, 30,000 years ago, it could make some sense. They obviously have the ability to project out. So even the "Humans came from Wulgaru!" thing isn't really that out there. There is a lot crazier ideas that show up from legitimate scientists, so this doesn't even qualify as "out there'. Plus, it works for the story. (This really isn't that from from 2001's Monoliths, really)

The interesting bit is that we know the Wulgaru are from another Galaxy and have some sort of Wormhole tech. That's a pretty big reveal, actually. This probably also explains why they keep the satellite count down. They specifically don't want the Gate found.

I do find it interesting that they're more "playing" with the Humans, mostly as a means to find solid prey. It's actually a pretty good idea, as their technology is just that much superior to Human tech. But, obviously, they'll "lose" because of a defector Still, it gives a solid reason for constantly targeting Team Rabbits and for withdrawing. It's like the creator thought up a world specific so you can have episodic fight episodes.

The last thing: I don't think Teoria's (Theoria?) relationship with Izuru is only "friends". That's got to be only part of the story. She may have actually raised him, so we'll see. Oh, and it's pretty obvious she's related to Jiart & the King, somehow. Asagi & Izuru have been pretty astute for Mecha pilots. (I'm going with Jiart is her uncle and her father is the King)
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 01:09   Link #544
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
If the Wulgaru had setup this plan, say, 30,000 years ago, it could make some sense. They obviously have the ability to project out. So even the "Humans came from Wulgaru!" thing isn't really that out there. There is a lot crazier ideas that show up from legitimate scientists, so this doesn't even qualify as "out there'. Plus, it works for the story. (This really isn't that from from 2001's Monoliths, really)

The interesting bit is that we know the Wulgaru are from another Galaxy and have some sort of Wormhole tech. That's a pretty big reveal, actually. This probably also explains why they keep the satellite count down. They specifically don't want the Gate found.

I do find it interesting that they're more "playing" with the Humans, mostly as a means to find solid prey. It's actually a pretty good idea, as their technology is just that much superior to Human tech. But, obviously, they'll "lose" because of a defector Still, it gives a solid reason for constantly targeting Team Rabbits and for withdrawing. It's like the creator thought up a world specific so you can have episodic fight episodes.

The last thing: I don't think Teoria's (Theoria?) relationship with Izuru is only "friends". That's got to be only part of the story. She may have actually raised him, so we'll see. Oh, and it's pretty obvious she's related to Jiart & the King, somehow. Asagi & Izuru have been pretty astute for Mecha pilots. (I'm going with Jiart is her uncle and her father is the King)
I'd say it's more that Izuru's family likely took care of Teoria when she first came to Earth (I think Simon is Izuru's father) and that this interaction was what gave Teoria her own motivations to help Earth, and in particular Izuru, rather than just her mother's. and also what gave Izuru the drive to become a hero since he really wanted the strength to protect her which is why he chose to have his memories erased and go to the MJP.

honestly this talk of Teoria "raising" Izuru or being his mother is too confusing and I don't even understand how it even came to be.
Old 2013-06-08, 01:22   Link #545
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Which makes me interested to find out more of Simon especially if he is really Izuru's father, as a father would you put your son through the memory wipe.
Old 2013-06-08, 01:27   Link #546
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Which makes me interested to find out more of Simon especially if he is really Izuru's father, as a father would you put your son through the memory wipe.
Izuru probably chose to do so. With his desire to be a hero, if he heard about Teoria's mission, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he jumped at the chance if it meant becoming her hero even if he lost all memories. I couldn't really see Izuru caring too much even if others objected. His desire to become a hero really hardens his stubbornness. Simon's need for skilled pilots and knowledge of Izuru's suitability for it likely didn't leave Simon much choice either but to accept Izuru's decision.

My personal guess is that Izuru's mother is probably Juria as well. The one who created the system to use with the ASHMB. Like this it would make sense why Izuru was able to adapt to the system so well. He might have had some memories of the system from before the mind wipe that he got from his mother and is unconsciously using those memories now even though he doesn't remember learning about it.
Old 2013-06-08, 05:15   Link #547
Tenzen12

As far as we know Izuru desire to be hero comes from reading heroic story after mindwipe. And generaly your post is far-fetched though not impossible.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 08:24   Link #548
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Well yeah, genes don't work that way. Neither does spiral energy.

It's just plain ridiculous fun.
Old 2013-06-08, 10:44   Link #549
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
As far as we know Izuru desire to be hero comes from reading heroic story after mindwipe. And generaly your post is far-fetched though not impossible.
Nothing really far-fetched about it (well maybe the mother thing). Far-fetched is the speculation that Teoria was Izuru's mother. He has shown that despite the mind wipe, he still has memories of Teoria to a limited extent. and with his desire for her even after the mind wipe, there is actually a decent chance that his desire to be a hero is related.
Old 2013-06-08, 11:18   Link #550
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Too bad for Kei Izuru only has eyes for Theoria...
Old 2013-06-08, 11:19   Link #551
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Nothing really far-fetched about it (well maybe the mother thing). Far-fetched is the speculation that Teoria was Izuru's mother. He has shown that despite the mind wipe, he still has memories of Teoria to a limited extent. and with his desire for her even after the mind wipe, there is actually a decent chance that his desire to be a hero is related.

Actualy I meant that mother thig

But Izuru and Lacus being blood related would make perfect sense even before mother specutaion appeared I came with sister one( I can find post where I said so)

Anyway main point is not let her be romanticly involved with our hero for long.
Old 2013-06-08, 11:24   Link #552
Puu

Quote:

But Izuru and Lacus being blood related would make perfect sense even before mother specutaion appeared I came with sister one( I can find post where I said so)

If Theoria is Izuru's mom, it'd be like having... oedipus complex?

Or was that the term....?
Puu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 11:32   Link #553
cyberdemon

Quote:

both are farfetched and this episode proved that
Old 2013-06-08, 11:43   Link #554
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Who the hell first came up with the idea that Theoria is Izuru’s mom, anyway? If we look at the nature of anime OPs in general, there’s no way that Theoria is Izuru’s mother. I mean, since when anime OPs portray a mother and her son opposite each other and setting them up like a pair of lovers? (Unless this anime swings that Oedipus-way, which I doubt )
Old 2013-06-08, 13:16   Link #555
Puu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Who the hell first came up with the idea that Theoria is Izuru’s mom, anyway? If we look at the nature of anime OPs in general, there’s no way that Theoria is Izuru’s mother. I mean, since when anime OPs portray a mother and her son opposite each other and setting them up like a pair of lovers? (Unless this anime swings that Oedipus-way, which I doubt )
We know about the nature of anime OPs! But denial...
Puu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 13:26   Link #556
Tenzen12

It all depends how much anime want troll us. It's not first time they did something so outrageous (says ex Cagali x Kira shiper)
Old 2013-06-08, 13:36   Link #557
cyberdemon

Quote:
It all depends how much anime want troll us. It's not first time they did something so outrageous (says ex Cagali x Kira shiper)
They hinted back on episode 13 I think it was that the two of them were twins and that was before she made her appearance again. Cagalli was never considered a viable love interest. she was always paired with Athrun in Seed.
Old 2013-06-08, 18:00   Link #558
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
episode 13 I think it was
Episode 13 was the massive space fleet battle, they didn't actually meet (again) until episode 16.

I'm also very iffy on the idea on Izuru and Teoria being siblings, it just comes across as out of left field.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 19:30   Link #559
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Episode 13 was the massive space fleet battle, they didn't actually meet (again) until episode 16.

I'm also very iffy on the idea on Izuru and Teoria being siblings, it just comes across as out of left field.
It was at the end of the first recap episode which was episode 14 not 13. my mistake.

yeah it is pretty far fetched. Gundam seed hinted very early on about Kira and Cagalli but there are no such hints here. Mostly those who are hoping for him to end up with Kei.
Old 2013-06-08, 23:12   Link #560
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
It was at the end of the first recap episode which was episode 14 not 13. my mistake.

yeah it is pretty far fetched. Gundam seed hinted very early on about Kira and Cagalli but there are no such hints here. Mostly those who are hoping for him to end up with Kei.
That ship is sprouting a leak.

What if Izuru isn't really from Earth and is a Wulgaru who volunteered to be mindwiped? That would account for them (Izuru and Theora) looking similar in age, her knowing him and not divulging how she knows him.

Tags
action, actual mecha action, comedy, mecha, science fiction