AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-28, 07:10   Link #921
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
as the episode progress my love for this anime increases... definitely one of my favorite anime of all time!

now waiting for BDs and stuffs

gonna miss this show SO BAD
Old 2010-09-28, 08:38   Link #922
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Have to say, the ending was pretty bad. 2nd half of the episode were craps, though the first half was great. I think serenade hit the nails there on everything that i wanted to say. The ending could go better if it follows the manga, or at least make up a story, instead of reminiscing back the scenes from old episodes. Abit disappointed actually, but well, i kinda expect this thing to happen before hand. So no hard feelings about it.

But seeing that they stopped on the point where Kotomi graduated from her middle school, i think it makes up the possibility of having a 2nd season somewhere near in the future. The final episode marks the end of vol 2 of the manga, and if they're going to consider of making a new season, then they have alot of materials for that. Starting from vol 3 where the new semester starts, and Kotomi entering the same school as his bro, all the way to vol 4 where it gonna ends at somewhere around chapter 90 (i think). Since they made the first season consists of the first 30 chapters of the manga, i don't see why they cannot do the same for the 2nd season. The manga is still on going anyway (i believe the current chapter is 105 i think), so i don't see any point about lacks of material here.

Well, all in all, it was a fun ride with SYD. Despite of the bad ending for the final episode, but overall, the series as a whole is great. Could't say no to Shino and Aria's dirty jokes although it did gets boring over time, especially if its being repeated again and again. Suzu is always my favourite. Love her from the start till the end, and she's the only girl on SYD that didn't make me feel bored. Same goes to the other characters too especially Hata and the pervert sensei.

SYD is absolutely one of the best show for summer season, there's no denying in that. Just like Working!, i do hope that they will continue the series with a new season. GoHands did a great job in making SYD one of the most appealing show in this year. GJ there. Looking forward to more GoHands's anime in the future.

9/10
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 08:52   Link #923
Solafighter
Hige

I just got the 1st volume of the Seitokai Yakuindomo DVD and switched on audio from "Japanese (censored)" to "Japanese (uncesored)". Mh... Someone has simillar problems or do you hear all uncensored?
Old 2010-09-28, 09:44   Link #924
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Hata isn't leading material either.. great cameo characters rarely make great leads.
Hata's character would probably work something like Nayu's from Chu-bra. As the lead, her character would need to be developed a little more. She'd need to have moments of responsibility along side her craziness. It could work, though. It could definitely work. It really just depends on how it's handled.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 10:33   Link #925
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post

SYD is absolutely one of the best show for summer season, there's no denying in that. Just like Working!, i do hope that they will continue the series with a new season. GoHands did a great job in making SYD one of the most appealing show in this year. GJ there. Looking forward to more GoHands's anime in the future.

9/10
Agree... despite the tangential ending, SYD (and Working!!) are the highlight of the year to me for comedy series. Big focus on comedy, light sprinkles of humorous romance. A crime happens if there aren't sequels next year.

Bonus because both also provided enjoyable OP and ED music.
Old 2010-09-28, 11:14   Link #926
CWW
Lurker

I thought SYD's ending was better than Working. Working's ending can be described as fuuuuuuuuuuuu cockblock.

I really, really want a second season of Working, primarily to see Takanashi and Inami officially take off, whereas with SYD I can live without one, since it didn't try to focus on the romance at all.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 13:14   Link #927
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Hata isn't leading material either.. great cameo characters rarely make great leads.
Hata has presence. She commands the screen whenever she's shown. And she's not a one-trick pony unlike most of the cast (i.e. Suzu, we get it, she's short, move on).

Quote:
As the lead, her character would need to be developed a little more. She'd need to have moments of responsibility along side her craziness. It could work, though. It could definitely work. It really just depends on how it's handled.
Exactly. The potential is there, they just need to build on it and give her a solid cast. Seinfeld wouldn't have survived without Kramer and co.
Old 2010-09-28, 13:53   Link #928
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Exactly. The potential is there, they just need to build on it and give her a solid cast. Seinfeld wouldn't have survived without Kramer and co.
I like Hata as well, but I really don't think either she or the series is that popular to warrant a spin-off just for her. As long as they make a second season (and there's no reason for her to be dropped in the second season anyway) I'll be more than happy. Just put her in the limelight for an episode, if they handled it well it should be great and I'll be more than satisfied.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 14:08   Link #929
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Bonus because both also provided enjoyable OP and ED music.
Haven't seen Working, but yeah, I love Seitokai Yakuindomo's opening and ending song (Though I've worn them both out to the point where they're almost just sound now... I wish the brain didn't 'adjust' to music).

The last episode kind of sucked, but I did enjoy some of it, namely the Magical Mako part and the concluding scenes. My overall favorite by a fair amount is still the Christmas episode, though, and my favorite joke would probably be the ideas they have on the white board at the start of episode 9 for field day events. A dick-sucking competition...

Agreed with Enzo on Mitsuba being adorable. What episode it it that she says it's her dream to be a bride and everyone's blinded by her purity, again? Want to rewatch that scene.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 14:40   Link #930
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Can't say I was disappointed in the final episode, since I didn't mind revisiting those previous events, but good new material would have been better. More imouto, please. Talk about an obvious way of saving money. Oh well, maybe imouto is being saved for next season.

I'd rate this and Working about the same, a cut below Seitokai no Ichizon. But I do sometimes wonder how I can justify enjoying a show that's based almost entirely on girls talking dirty.

It's funny to read the praise for Hata, after so many anti-Arai Satomi posts when her character first showed up. And also to read praise for Mitsuba when most places you read people just hating on Omigawa Chiaki's voice. I enjoyed both of them, here.

And to say that the Suzu height joke was overworked ignores the fact that part the humor was in overworking it. I basically loved the character, how they played the humor ("Suzu's head around here"), and especially Yahagi Sayuri's perormance.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 15:38   Link #931
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Haven't seen Working, but yeah, I love Seitokai Yakuindomo's opening and ending song (Though I've worn them both out to the point where they're almost just sound now... I wish the brain didn't 'adjust' to music).

The last episode kind of sucked, but I did enjoy some of it, namely the Magical Mako part and the concluding scenes. My overall favorite by a fair amount is still the Christmas episode, though, and my favorite joke would probably be the ideas they have on the white board at the start of episode 9 for field day events. A dick-sucking competition...

Agreed with Enzo on Mitsuba being adorable. What episode it it that she says it's her dream to be a bride and everyone's blinded by her purity, again? Want to rewatch that scene.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that but I really love the music in this episode as well. The OP was fun, and I managed to get the full song of Aoi Haru, the ending. It's even better. I agree with you that the Christmas episode is the best for me, seems like everything works throughout the episode. I think Mitsuba blinding purity light is also from that episode, or perhaps the one before that? Sorry, I kinda forgot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
It's funny to read the praise for Hata, after so many anti-Arai Satomi posts when her character first showed up. And also to read praise for Mitsuba when most places you read people just hating on Omigawa Chiaki's voice. I enjoyed both of them, here.

And to say that the Suzu height joke was overworked ignores the fact that part the humor was in overworking it. I basically loved the character, how they played the humor ("Suzu's head around here"), and especially Yahagi Sayuri's perormance.
At least for me, my ears are not that sharp that I don't particularly care that much about the voice actor's voice. Of course, the fact that I haven't watched Railgun may help, but I find myself having a large tolerance for this stuff. In fact, I don't think I have ever successfully determined who the voice actor is just from their voice, except from the really obvious ones (like Rie Kugimiya Urusai!x3).

And yeah, I loved Suzu jokes as well. They're indeed just one-trick-pony of how short she is, but there's enough variation to keep me interested and I find it funnier than other characters, say, Aria.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 16:57   Link #932
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
...At least for me, my ears are not that sharp that I don't particularly care that much about the voice actor's voice....
My theory is that the voices affect your enjoyment even when you don't particularly pay attention to them. But since I do pay attention to them, naturally that would be my theory, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 23:20   Link #933
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
My theory is that the voices affect your enjoyment even when you don't particularly pay attention to them. But since I do pay attention to them, naturally that would be my theory, lol.
True, think about when someone asks you something, even if the sentance is not syntactically a question, because of the tone of his voice you understand it as one. Acting is a huge component of any show, thankfully for anime, the voice acting suffices, so it is more likely to get good acting.

Anyway, I also did not like the last episode, but otherwise loved the show, despite being quite hesitant in the beginning. I'm also surprised that there is an uncensored audio version ... what's next uncensored covers

Also, when the show started, I hated the ED ... but as time I passed by I got used to it ... it's rather good, though still far worse than what the band has made so far.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 11:44   Link #934
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I'm also surprised that there is an uncensored audio version ... what's next uncensored covers

Sry to (maybe) disappoint you, but i have the uncensored version of the first 4 episodes. Some beeps are erased, but some are still in. That makes it only around 50 % worth to get.
Old 2010-09-29, 12:32   Link #935
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I hate to keep repeating this... but many people find the "beeps and honks" funnier than actually just bluntly using language. If nothing else, it allows one's feverish imagination to come up with possibilities.

The source material is sometimes EXplicit and sometimes IMplicit - depending on the double or triple entendre... or whether we're just seeing Shino being earnestly cluelessly frank
Old 2010-09-29, 19:10   Link #936
Soviet

I shouldn't have marathoned this. It's too much of a one-trick pony to be enjoyable in huge chunks.
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 19:28   Link #937
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I shouldn't have marathoned this. It's too much of a one-trick pony to be enjoyable in huge chunks.
never ever do this with 4koma adapations
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 19:42   Link #938
Soviet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
never ever do this with 4koma adapations
Duly noted.
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 20:53   Link #939
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye.... almost any 4-koma (or its adaptation) is meant for small periodic chunks... that goes for most American panel comics as well.
Old 2010-09-30, 11:05   Link #940
brocko

Hence, it's a one hell of a great show to follow weekly

Aria is pretty hard to marathon too imo, the pacing is just too slow for it

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen