AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-16, 02:25   Link #181
dragon132004

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelLuvsPnut View Post
I've been looking for some scans! Thanks!
It's weird that they're arn't any hi-res scans out, I'd love to see this one.
Thanks a lot for these scans
dragon132004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 03:43   Link #182
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But at that level, you'll know when they have one unless they're not seriously involved with one person. Yes, you can eat with female friends but more than likely the bf will also be around.

In this scenario, MC didn't have a clue and she doesn't act like a girl with a bf.
How does one act like a girl with bf? She is his classmate and a good friend and was concerned about him. Why should if or not she is in a relationship with someone matter there?

First off all, a girl doesn't have to tell anyone whether or not she has a bf. And there is no way to "act like a girl with bf" until someone specifically brings that topic up. Unless a girl is proposed to or asked about whether or not she is in a relationship, there is no reason, or method, for her to put a stamp on forehead that says "taken." That doesn't even make sense. What is she supposed to do? Not talk to any other boy? WTF? Women aren't only concerned with having a boyfriend you know. Its perfectly fine for them to be concerned about some boy they are acquainted with who has a history of not taking the best care of themselves.

Second, you only saw a late night exchange between them and you are assuming she has been keeping him out in the dark and off the loop and toying with him to feel good about herself or pass time or whatever. There was no indication in the show that the main character didn't already know that she had a boyfriend. The only thing confirmed by the show was that he is interested in her, is jealous of her boyfriend (this suggests he knew beforehand, btw, but doesn't confirm it) and he has some insecurities about his financial situation which is something Masakaki uses to lure him in. Given how normal the MC's reaction was to seeing her boyfriend, I am sure he knew beforehand that she had a bf, the only thing he didn't know was that he was around at that time too. Which isn't her fault, since she was just there to drop the notes.

And you don't even know if her BF goes to the same college or is acquainted with the MC. Even if he does, it'd be rude of him to stick around her always and try and monopolize all her actions. As the show portrayed him, he is the type who lets his GF go help a friend in need even late at night. And his GF is perfectly happy with him. Its not that couple's fault if the MC just so happens to like the girl and is jealous of the boy.

Quote:
She did it late at night which was unusual. He had 2 part-time jobs. She came at the latest one with her bf. Then she's texting someone else on her cellphone while talking to him. Her actions are different. They don't add up. (It's like temptation was subliminally being tossed at him via her. If he had money, he would have been able to get the girl. If he had money, he could go to the kegger. If he had money, he could get a cellphone.) It's only ep. 1 so we get to see how she develops later on. However, being how this title is all about money and the power of control, I wouldn't expect her to be a ray of hope.

People don't use malice nowadays as you can't predict how the other person will react.
??? She said it herself. The boy doesn't have anyway for her to contact her since he doesn't have a phone. There is a test tomorrow. You are pretty much the only person in the world who can help your friend. What's so wrong about going to meet him late at night when your schedule permits? Why is it wrong? It is wrong of you to imply that she had hidden intentions just because it so happened to be late at night.

Details such as "she came to his second job, not first; she is texting someone while talking to him" bla bla have no relevance here. Its amusing how you can scourge up those details but miss that she had no way to help the MC except by visiting him in person since he doesn't have a phone. And she is a college girl with a boyfriend. She has to be busy. She helped him out when she had time. The time happened to be during night (presumably it must have been towards the end of the day when classes ended anyway) and during his second job. The MC should be (and is) glad that she took her precious time to give him the notes. Would you rather have her never show up and let the guy fail because she already has a boyfriend?

As for the texting, it's perfectly natural for people to write a text while engaged in a casual chat. And she didn't walk in on him with her cell in hand, typing away the text, which would have been rather rude but still not morally wrong with the implications you are drawing. She got a text while talking to him and she replied to it. Big deal. There was nothing important enough during that conversation that called for her undivided attention on the MC.

What do you mean by her actions are different? Different from what?

Why do her actions not add up? Rather, why do they need to, and to what do they need to, add up? She helped a forgetful classmate who just so happens to be of opposite sex. What's wrong with that?

And the subliminal temptation stuff isn't her fault. She doesn't even know he sees her in romantic light. She has a boyfriend already anyway. It's the MC who is insecure and Masakaki is the one who vocalizes his dark inner thoughts to tempt him. That you attribute you to an innocent girl who risked putting her relationship in jeopardy to help out a classmate who doesn't take care of himself as much as he should is unforgivable.

Please stop making it sound like a girl shouldn't talk to a boy unless she is free to fuck.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 03:48   Link #183
Wakan Tanka

It could be that the guy with Hanabi is not her boyfriend, but just a decoy to get him into that world..
Old 2011-04-16, 03:53   Link #184
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakan Tanka View Post
It could be that the guy with Hanabi is not her boyfriend, but just a decoy to get him into that world..
If this turns out to be the case and if she has been working for the whatever bank that was is up to speculation. But just in this episode, she did nothing wrong. Heck, the only thing she did wrong, if we were to twist words, was to help a foolish, sociopath college boy who needs to be reminded to even thank her for the help. But you know, I'd help a classmate in that situation. Even a classmate I barely even know. And I am not a sweet person by any stretch of imagination and definitely not a girl .
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 07:56   Link #185
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

what wrong with your friend having boyfriend?

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 09:12   Link #186
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Whoa... so much discussion just because Hanabi has a boyfriend o_O I like her though, and she's a very good friend to Kimimaro.

The first episode was even better than I anticipated, I'm so happy~ Masakaki was the most fabulous character but Kimimaro stole my heart, teehee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
Oh this is wonderful!! Thank you!!! I think I'm gonna love the chemistry between Kimimaro and Mashu =3

I already learned a lot of new things from the OP alone. I'm excited to know more economics trivia in later episodes xD
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 09:39   Link #187
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire-pyro View Post
Whoa... so much discussion just because Hanabi has a boyfriend
I'm struck by that, too. Perhaps it's because it's hard to discuss the main aspects of the show since we've seen so little of the main plot yet? But if I knew nothing about [C] and started reading this thread, I'd think it's a show about romantic triangles rather than a show which is supposedly about money and power.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 10:39   Link #188
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'm struck by that, too.
No surprise here. For most anime fans female characters are basically either pure, innocent, super smart, angelic virgins, who haven’t kissed anyone in their life and fall in love with the first dumbass at first sight, OR, they are witches, sluts, etc, who need to be burned alive. It’s kind of sickening how the anime otaku mind works; even more so when you consider it’s only female characters, male characters can act like total shitheads for all anyone cares and people applaud it.

The irony of it all is everyone usually complains how every girl in anime just has to fall head over heals for the male lead. But as you’ve seen here any dose of realism, meaning breaking one of the nonsense rules like the girl isn’t just stupid-in-love with the male lead but just shows affection, is likely to grow into death threats towards the writer, given enough fuel. Eri Takenashi got death threads for Kannagi. Guess what, supposedly Nagi had a boyfriend, and… that was the whole reason really. To make matters worse, on forums and such, there are always a few people that fool around or make some sadistic jokes, and, there are few more people stupid enough not to realize they are just fooling around. Let’s just say stupidity and profanity tends to spreads like wildfire; especially when otaku pride is involved.
Old 2011-04-16, 11:38   Link #189
Jarmel

Best show I've seen this season. The CG was a little heavy but otherwise this was absolutely fantastic. He pretty much gets dragged into this kicking and screaming. I liked how everyone didn't look like bishounens and looked rather realistic in certain shots.

The whole money aspect should be highly interesting especially in the current economic times. The future as collateral also gives it a real tension point from the get-go.

Some much of this is good.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 11:51   Link #190
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
No surprise here. For most anime fans female characters are basically either pure, innocent, super smart, angelic virgins, who haven’t kissed anyone in their life and fall in love with the first dumbass at first sight, OR, they are witches, sluts, etc, who need to be burned alive. It’s kind of sickening how the anime otaku mind works; even more so when you consider it’s only female characters, male characters can act like total shitheads for all anyone cares and people applaud it.
Although I agree that it's totally stupid that theres double standards for female characters in otaku's minds, if a male character acts either obliviously or like a dickhead (two most common form of way that a male character will act), he will be criticized as well.

I would also like to add that there's also the irony that even if a female character is portrayed as pure, innocent, angelic virgin etc in an anime, said character is almost always going to be subject to "deflowerication" for a lack of a better word in fanart or doujinshi.

I guess it's the nature of anime being primarily an escapist form of entertainment that cause people to focus too much on the ideal rather than the reality. Kinda sucks, but what can you do...

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2011-04-16 at 12:14.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 11:54   Link #191
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

I think this series will need a 3 or 4 episode test before any of us know where it's really going.

Certainly the psychological games the hat dude played with the kimimaro are a step in the right direction, but how the financial district works will be key. If it's just Pokemon Battles it will be bad.

I have to say I'm also surprised at the level of discussion over Hanabi having a girlfriend. I guess it's unconventional considering she seems to be the heroine. However I think it's good element as it gives Kimimaro a sense of Jealousy and a more driving (and somewhat unsavoury) reason to get lots of money. In this kind of show it's important to give a sense of greed or desperation to all the characters. Idealistic heroes don't work.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 12:05   Link #192
Johnny
Working the bags...

First episode left the same impression I had when I first watched Pink Floyd the Wall........

Ah, not really caring so much about the girl. She probably got tired of waiting on him to do something. That or those purple shoes and Care Bear backpack turned her off...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 12:20   Link #193
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
I tried to scan it some months ago but I suck so much at scanning...
So awesome!!! Thanks!
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 12:47   Link #194
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Personally, I don't dislike Hanabi at all based on what we've seen of her so far. However, if what Masakaki said about her turns out to be true (that she's only with her boyfriend for the money, and would jump on Kimimaro in a heartbeat if he had more money), then I'll most likely start hating her as well. I can't help but feel the people hating on Hanabi know have been influenced by Masakaki's words to some extent. If that's the case, then I understand where they're coming from, although I think it's way too early to judge her. We basically know nothing about her.

Despite what some people are (jokingly) claiming, true sluts in anime are rare, so it'll be actually kind of cool if the otaku rage was actually deserved for once.
Old 2011-04-16, 12:56   Link #195
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
How does one act like a girl with bf? She is his classmate and a good friend and was concerned about him. Why should if or not she is in a relationship with someone matter there?
Friendly but maintaining a distance. She's more trying to draw him in. Like I said before ymmv.
Old 2011-04-16, 13:40   Link #196
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Personally, I don't dislike Hanabi at all based on what we've seen of her so far. However, if what Masakaki said about her turns out to be true (that she's only with her boyfriend for the money, and would jump on Kimimaro in a heartbeat if he had more money), then I'll most likely start hating her as well. I can't help but feel the people hating on Hanabi know have been influenced by Masakaki's words to some extent. If that's the case, then I understand where they're coming from, although I think it's way too early to judge her. We basically know nothing about her.

Despite what some people are (jokingly) claiming, true sluts in anime are rare, so it'll be actually kind of cool if the otaku rage was actually deserved for once.
I agree. I think it's all just Masakaki playing the Mephistopheles angle.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 14:23   Link #197
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Friendly but maintaining a distance. She's more trying to draw him in. Like I said before ymmv.
That's the impression I got, also. Which made the whole boyfriend thing kind of come out of left field. Doesn't seem like he knew, either.

Quote:
Well where I'm at, the bfs are usually with their gfs. If they are not around, they call each other. Both sexes get territorial. This is prob a ymmv thing.
I see this to some extent in teenagers, but not nearly as much among my friends (we're entering thirties now so maybe that's why lol). Maybe it simply depends on the couple, also.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 17:03   Link #198
Jarmel

I wonder if the Pokemon battles are metaphorical to the idea that for people with money, everything is a game like war and politics. They're just using it literally.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 18:14   Link #199
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Hello, Madoka replacement!

This was a fascinating first episode. The overarching theme of money was introduced quite cogently, the framework all set up for the rest of the season to come. At first, all the surrealism made me confused. I was looking for some explanations... and then I got some. The idea of having Pokemon battles to make money might be a little far-fetched (ha!) but I'm too intrigued to really care. A fresh, new setting is just what I needed in my anime. And the great visuals make the experience even better.

C has the personal distinction of being the anime with the highest rated first episode.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 18:17   Link #200
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post

I see this to some extent in teenagers, but not nearly as much among my friends (we're entering thirties now so maybe that's why lol). Maybe it simply depends on the couple, also.

Well they're both 19 yo. I've seen it in 25 yo college couples. Definitely depends on the couple.

So are the assets considered demons?

Tags
action, finance, noitamina