AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-20, 06:08   Link #321
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I hope the love triangle match between Yuki, Chisato and Satsuki will start so soon, but I couldn't spoil it more.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 06:12   Link #322
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Spoiler for Episode 3:

I wrote a lot more than I thought I would for this episode. I'm really liking it a lot more than I expected to. It's not technically amazing, nor does it have an interesting gimmick, but I already really like the characters a lot. I also love how energetic the OP is. This show and its characters are just a lot of fun .

Edit: Well, now that I think about it, the protagonist trying to participate in an election to become part of the Legendary Student Council is a pretty good hook .
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 07:33   Link #323
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Episode 3.

That teacher is really chugging down those beers. How is she still sobar?

That was a smart plan they came up with to gain the support of the other clubs that are being threatened with budget cuts of disbandment. It's just too bad the actual club couldn't come up with it themselves But I guess everyone needs help with something every once in a while. Also, using the female club members to make the request to male clubs to vote for them and get signatures? Such deviousness, yet brilliant

However, this anime gave many hints that we should be suspicious of President Mouri, so things aren't going to end well one way or another

Ahh! That was quite the tease they gave me. I seriously thought Chisato was giving him a kiss when they were resting on the bench. Gah, don't tease me!

Speaking of Chisato, still no clues to why she hates cohoclate. I'm expecting something like "Chocolate killed my parents" which would cause me to facepalm Nah, i'm expecting some sort of suitable reason soon enough
Old 2012-07-20, 07:39   Link #324
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.3

ok then now got tomoya 2.0 in run for pres but what to do?

here close eyes pres coming in to help give teacher & some has feeling he up to something give hmm for now with let him help in.

while drunk teacher ask her sister who challenge tomoya 2.0 in pres race is for personal or school reasons give answer for school yet also aim higher than her sister teacher.

yep also chisato went coffee can wild on it about tomoya's other girls & seem more going on it hmm what next?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 07:41   Link #325
ookamigirl

Campaign mode on!
It's cool how even Yakkun is helping out the campaign.
Seems like Yuuki has a pretty strong support so far.
Their elections seems to be on a pretty high level.
The way they were talking about it was like it was real politics.
These elections and Yukki running for president is more like he's doing Yakkun a favor by not letting the competition win and at the same time saving his club.
Yakkun sure is a smooth guy who knows exactly how to turn things into an advantage.
Looks like Yuuki has a thing for Shinonome. Wonder how that's gonna effect the elections later on..

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 07:57   Link #326
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

WTF, protagonist is THAT close to sensei? Is there something you're not telling us.... >_>

Speaking of Sensei, colour me surprised that her and Ms. Rival have different mothers considering they look like a person and their younger self.

And oh yeah, Ms. Rival rears her ugly head again. Yuuki, you must not fall into the dark side!

All that said, I think the Senkyo part was the strongest part of this episode. It's really interesting how these people are putting in effort on the campaign, though what's the purpose of the other male in the club, I can not say.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 09:47   Link #327
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Wow...he just totally buried his face in his teacher's chest didn't he? Narmiest moment of the series right there...

No Matsuri cameo made this episode crap for me. If there's none next episode then I might as well drop the show already.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 10:05   Link #328
novalysis

I don't see that hug as narm, but yet another hint that there's something under the surface that we , the viewers are not privileged to. The sudden tonal shift at the end, from light-heartedly domestic to melancholic does not seem so much clumsy writing, but rather, a deliberate choice to flag that there's something up about their relationship, and there's backstory we'd like to know more.

It's the same with Chisato and the Chocolates. Infact, it seems that a good proportion of the food club members have interesting backstories. In part, it's because this anime makes it blatantly clear that we are dropped In Media Res, and NONE of the characters are Blank Slates with sketchy pasts, which would be what we expect to see from a.. more generic harem. In-fact, I am hesitant to call this Harem, to be honest - the MC's relations with the Food Club, with the exception of Chisato seem to be at the Platonic Level, at most.

And President Mouri.... yes. The fact that we SHOULD feel suspicious of him indeed adds to the political angle of the show. Of course, we don't have a full picture what's exactly going on behind the scenes, but the VERY opening scene of the anime again hints.

Finally, I'm glad that Chocolate chooses to focus more on politics this time round. What Chocolate needs to be more than average would be a very close focus on characterization (Sensei got quite a good deal, so did Chisato ), and above all, a focus on the political angle. If the gender balance in the Food Club was more even, I think people would be taking this anime more seriously- unfortunately, the sheer number of females throws this into the unfortunate "harem" box. The problem is, with a One Cour count, and the number of hints they are throwing, I fear Chocolate would remain just that: a mass of tantalizing hints, but no denouement.

If Chocolate was treated as a harem it'd be a rather boring one. If it was treated as Political Commentary warped around in a Significant Slice of (Unusual) Elite School Life, that's where it starts getting more interesting. I'd say the same for the other milder Harem airing, Imouto too- if one looks at both animes beyond their Harem aspects, it becomes much more enjoyable, and interesting to watch.

Rather than simply condemning certain sections as Narm, I think scenes like the Hug do happen for reasons we the viewers have not yet and may never see because of the In Media Res manner where we are dropped ontop of ongoing character development whose origins were not shown. Is it frustrating? Maybe, but what do you expect out of a One Cour anyway?

Last edited by novalysis; 2012-07-20 at 10:26.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 11:05   Link #329
Avaricia
My Lord

Why did Yuuki said Mom when Chisato emailed him on where he is atm?
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 11:22   Link #330
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Interesting that the Yakumo is helping the club out to get Yuuki elected. Satsuki really dislikes her sister for some reason. Wonder why Yuuki was at Hazuki's place at the end, but it certainly changed the tone again like with Chisato and the chocolate last ep. Also Michiru with the harmonica looked sad.
Old 2012-07-20, 11:23   Link #331
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I don't see that hug as narm, but yet another hint that there's something under the surface that we , the viewers are not privileged to. The sudden tonal shift at the end, from light-heartedly domestic to melancholic does not seem so much clumsy writing, but rather, a deliberate choice to flag that there's something up about their relationship, and there's backstory we'd like to know more.

Rather than simply condemning certain sections as Narm, I think scenes like the Hug do happen for reasons we the viewers have not yet and may never see because of the In Media Res manner where we are dropped ontop of ongoing character development whose origins were not shown. Is it frustrating? Maybe, but what do you expect out of a One Cour anyway?
No, I understood that perfectly. It's just the fact that he's putting his face in her breasts that makes it a bit narmish. It has nothing to do with clumsy writing.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 11:31   Link #332
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlystrike View Post
Why did Yuuki said Mom when Chisato emailed him on where he is atm?
Haven't you seen how Chisato reacted when Yuuki was with Satsuki? Try to imagine how he could ever explain this to her.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 12:21   Link #333
flack

That breast hugging scene was just not normal same as the bloody incident at the beginning of this anime. There is something going on, something darker probably...
flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 13:28   Link #334
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

Dude, he has the opportunity to shack it up with the hot teacher? Fuck yes, Okazaki 2.0 is rockin it.
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 14:04   Link #335
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddyofAus View Post
Dude, he has the opportunity to shack it up with the hot teacher? Fuck yes, Okazaki 2.0 is rockin it.
However he does not seem to be interested at all because no matter the teasing from Hadzuki, he was not shocked or flustered at all and easily brushed it off. Hadzuki sighing after he left was also interesting. That whole scene between Yukki and Hadzuki is just rather surprising though.

Satsuki... lol I did not really expect her to get so close to Yuuki so quickly. She definitely seems to be enjoying talking with Yuuki even though he's the opponent. I'm definitely liking her more and more. What I love about this episode so far is the details of the scenes. If we were not shown Satsuki all happy and giggling right after she saw Yukki a ways off, I would have started to be suspicious of her motives of getting closer to Yuuki. However since we were shown that, it shows that she genuinely enjoys Yuuki's company as well.

Satsuki's relationship with Hadzuki is interesting as well. During that scene, I did not feel any hatred really. There's something else to it and not only that, they looked rather sad than angry or hate. Might be more of a family issue rather than just a thing between those two.

Chisato! That "monster" scene of hers was so funny! Love how Yukki tossed the coffee can and she ran after that as well. Also love the fact that she said that Yukki really is precious to her hehe.

The whole politics angle in the first half of the show is also pretty cool. I already liked President Mouri and now like him more because he seems to be really smooth about it (and of course we still don't fully understand his motive yet).
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 14:26   Link #336
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
I was (pleasantly) surprised with the series story becoming a bit more serious in ep 3. Hmm. Am looking forward to the next ep....
Old 2012-07-20, 16:29   Link #337
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

After taking AP Gov't and Politics, I definitely appreciate the politics portion that this series has. The whole student gov't stuff is really taken seriously; and it's just not some student council either. Hazuki also mentioned how the teachers are hired by students themselves. I find that pretty interesting. Speaking of Hazuki...GODDAMN.

Shinonome Sisters = the best sisters.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 17:07   Link #338
Pen3

Now that i think about it. In episode 1 only Yuuki knew that Hazuki and Satsuki were sisters. That should be the first clue in Yuuki and Hazuki knowing each other pretty good and maybe before even the club was formed.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 17:13   Link #339
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Think I'll have to drop this series.

OP's good, that's about it.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 17:20   Link #340
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Think I'll have to drop this series.