AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2007-04-20, 11:18   Link #1101
-Nyu-
Yozora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Pardon me for going off topic, but does anyone here know if there's any good alternatives besides Himeya in shipping bishoujo games internationally in terms of prices? As Himeya's a tad bid high on the price range of some of these games (even with shipping excluded, they charge insanely higher than the original sale price in Akiba stores). If I live any further away from Japan (i.e. Europe or North America), I'll be going bankrupt any moment.
Hmm, as for PS2 games I recommend www.yesasia.com
Also always worth try: Paletweb

Hmm, and if you want to order something from Amazon.co.jp or the Japanese Yahoo auctions: Crescent Shop

Hope that helps you a bit. Unfortunately pc versions of visual novels will always be expensive..
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 13:44   Link #1102
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Pardon me for going off topic, but does anyone here know if there's any good alternatives besides Himeya in shipping bishoujo games internationally in terms of prices? As Himeya's a tad bid high on the price range of some of these games (even with shipping excluded, they charge insanely higher than the original sale price in Akiba stores). If I live any further away from Japan (i.e. Europe or North America), I'll be going bankrupt any moment.
I've been posting about Paletweb all the time, so it feels like I'm repeating myself, but yeah, I prefer to use them over Himeya.

I've been using this as my sig in Aquastar for a couple of months now, but I think I'll try to give it a little more publicity here too

A doujin novel game with a rather interesting premise and atmosphere. The OP movie attracted my attention, so I played through the first chapter of the game (the only one out right now).
The language at times can go way beyond "heavy handedness" all the way into the realm of denpa talk, but overall I liked it for a mere prologue.

The next Higurashi? Don't know yet, but it's one game I'm keeping my eyes on.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 13:50   Link #1103
-Nyu-
Yozora

Well, Paletweb has definetely cheaper prices than Himeya, however Himeya offer just more.
Hmm, since I tend to hunt limited editions I mostly end up at Crescent so or so.
However I'm most angry not about the high price I already pay for each visual novel I import but about the German customs. They charge you the full 19% tax on the article plus shipping, yay >.<

On a side note, we have published a review of Air if someone is interested.
Old 2007-04-20, 17:32   Link #1104
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Nyu- View Post
Well, Paletweb has definetely cheaper prices than Himeya, however Himeya offer just more.
Actually, the only difference is that Himeya's web catalogue is more complete. If you took the time to send a request mail to the guys at paletweb, they'll most likely be able to provide you with the same items that Himeya does. I have been able to request some pretty rare doujin items off of them that even Himeya does not have.

Of course, Himeya also has a request system, but then it all goes back to price again...
Old 2007-04-22, 12:15   Link #1105
Acseru

Send a message via MSN to Acseru
I was wondering what translated ero-games there are, or games in english? Could someone PM me some translated ero-game pages for some starters. I dont know japanese so.. Thanks
Acseru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 12:34   Link #1106
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukyuu View Post
I was wondering what translated ero-games there are, or games in english? Could someone PM me some translated ero-game pages for some starters. I dont know japanese so.. Thanks
Try www.shii.org/translate/ it should pretty much show most stuffs that are more or less known.
Old 2007-04-22, 13:03   Link #1107
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
How many of you played an entirely different game from a H-game, before playing a H-game on a row?

I don't know, playing an FPS AND then a H-game right after that does affect my mental judgment, I feel like actually killing the male lead in Teninai with a M4A1 (Beta-C'd, not to mention it got a VERY SCARY sound when fired in bursts) after what he did to Shin-chan >.> .

Last edited by kct; 2007-04-22 at 13:15.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 17:28   Link #1108
Dark Lord Zenigame
ロリコン

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lord Zenigame
Heh.

I've gone from things like suparobo games to an erogame. Not too jarring, and I suppose it would even fit pretty well if you went to something like Muv-Luv Alternative or Zwei Worter from one. ^_^;;

I don't play FPS, so I can't really say anything about that.
Dark Lord Zenigame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 17:50   Link #1109
Vikitehwaffu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
How many of you played an entirely different game from a H-game, before playing a H-game on a row?

I don't know, playing an FPS AND then a H-game right after that does affect my mental judgment, I feel like actually killing the male lead in Teninai with a M4A1 (Beta-C'd, not to mention it got a VERY SCARY sound when fired in bursts) after what he did to Shin-chan >.> .
I played Grand Theft Auto and Dead Rising a bit before starting Da Capo.
Vikitehwaffu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 21:47   Link #1110
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Finished with the Shinobu path in Teninai (hence my violent remarks above)...if there is anything I'll say, it's a bit on the crazy side of things (cutting the wrist, 'selling' herself to the guy, and everything).

Looks like I'm going to have a look at the other paths (especially Yukio, only if my IRC channel mate won't kill me), given the time and the fact that I cancelled the MG IWSP project...probably a Mark II 2.0, but not soon.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 22:54   Link #1111
Bloodseeker

Only ero game that I've ever played is Thunder Warrior Raidy remake, and that was because I accidentally downloaded it while looking for the CG set.

Crappy game. Everyplace looked the same, the combat was plain, the leveling was unbalanced (like three levels could make the difference between getting killed in a few hits and completely overpowering that enemy)... yeah, you're better off just sticking to looking at the CG sets with that game.

I do plan on buying Tsukihime once I get the money, though, and F/SN once mirrormoon finishes the translation patch. (which doesn't look like its going to be anytime soon)
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 11:17   Link #1112
Spuffy
オウカ~

Altered Fable teaser available: http://www.age-soft.jp/special/special.html
2/3 of it showing Takerus worst moments and the rest showing some things I really liked. Advance Wars styled strategy game and few really nice CGs.
Summer looks indeed promising.
Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 17:27   Link #1113
Kisuke06
I see...

So, just a curiosity:

Top 5 games sold in Japan(2007-04-16/ 2007-04-22):

Super Paper Mario: about 150k
Fate/Stay Night Realta Nua: about 140k
Persona 3 Fes: about 100k
Phoenix Wright 4: about 50k
Final Fantasy: about 50k

Source.
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 22:15   Link #1114
Dark Lord Zenigame
ロリコン

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lord Zenigame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuffy View Post
2/3 of it showing Takerus worst moments and the rest showing some things I really liked. Advance Wars styled strategy game and few really nice CGs.
Heh, I noticed that earlier today.

That video is funny as hell. XD

ファンディスクに死人無用!!
Dark Lord Zenigame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 10:19   Link #1115
-Nyu-
Yozora

Hmm, I shoud think oof getting one Realta Nua limited edition before they are sold out. Type Moon games are horribly expensive later if you want limited editions..
However the extra is a PSP game (I don't have a PSP) so I think Normal should be fine. Ahh, soundtrack limited edition, at least
Didn't know that Fate/ stay night is THAT popular in Japan, 140k copies in one week, wow..
Old 2007-04-26, 11:09   Link #1116
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuffy View Post
Is this supposed to be like the Xenoglossia of Rumbling Hearts, the idea that since every show is mecha this year, why not make a Mecha spin-off game out of Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien. Weird and crazy, crazy AND weird. It's Akane Maniax the game.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 13:38   Link #1117
rg4619

Quote:
Is this supposed to be like the Xenoglossia of Rumbling Hearts, the idea that since every show is mecha this year, why not make a Mecha spin-off game out of Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien. Weird and crazy, crazy AND weird. It's Akane Maniax the game.
This is a Muvluv fandisc (the main games in the series were released in 2003 and 2006, respectively), so it isn't directly related to KGNE.

Nonetheless, the Muvluv franchise is a KGNE spin-off of sorts, although these are non-canonical links that age undoubtedly incorporated to lure in existing fans. The Akane Maniax fandisc (later adapted into anime form) further served to solidify this bridge.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 11:40   Link #1118
hiro01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
The MuvLuv series has had mecha in it long before this when Unlimited was released.
hiro01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 15:03   Link #1119
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Looks like a demo for Little Busters! has begun to circulate the stores of Akihabara and Nihonbashi
http://www.senakablog.com/archives/2.../post_904.html

I'm sure it'll get uploaded online in some form soon.

Meanwhile, the cast...
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20070426#p7

Ooh...
Old 2007-04-29, 22:49   Link #1120
velocity7

Sushi-Y: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm219069

Direct-feed of OP movie. As clean as it gets until Key releases an MPG.

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel