Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-03-07, 09:27   Link #11221
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
This shit happens in most entertainment media and there's really nothing you can do about it.
Yeah, like they say: everything has its haters. Even the almighty God (whoever He is) has his haters .
Old 2014-03-07, 09:57   Link #11222
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Yeah, like they say: everything has its haters. Even the almighty God (whoever He is) has his haters .
You can't say that, There is no god - Atheists
IS TOO, We just don't like, Know anything about him! - Agnostics
Kira went easy on Shinn. - Yamato Church

And so it begins all over again. With the remaster over, let's start bickering about the old good ones again. Stella's cause of death or .. lets see, Who would beat who in a 1 on 1 battle? Kira vs Shinn? Athrun vs Kira? Mwu vs Cagalli?

o, wait. Shit.

/sarcasm off

Loved the new scenes they animated with the Ootori pack. God that pack is sexy.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 10:03   Link #11223
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
Nor did I really understand why Talia decided to die with Durandal. I get they where old flames and all. But wouldn't a better way to atone for supporting him be to help Kira/Lacus build a peaceful world?
Plus, she left her son alone. I guess she loved Durandal more than the kid... Even though the reason she broke up him in the first place was to become a mother...
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 11:11   Link #11224
Deadpool2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
Meh, it was ok I suppose....

I kinda wish they had Kira/Lacus kiss instead of hug but whatever. Otherwise I wish they stuck to the original where Kira faced Durandal alone. I never really got why they changed it to have Athrun follow him in.
I like them hugging. I feel like just making out in front of everybody would have been far too rude a breach in protocol for either of them to do. The hugging gives you a big "Awww, they really love each other" moment without being rude to everyone around.

I agree with the Athrun thing. Would have made more sense to have him go look for Shinn while Kira did his thing. The meeting between Durandal and Ultimate Coordinator is thematically strong, Athrun's place there is empty...

Not as empty as the Stella nonsense, but empty nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Also, they never broke up.
They kinda did...

In The Place of Sin, as Athrun is leaving, he sees the ring, remembers giving her the ring and says something along the lines of "There are things I can understand, but never accept."
Deadpool2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 11:42   Link #11225
weirdguy

Quote:
Ehh, i don't think all the complaints are ridiculous. But they are grossly over exaggerated to such a point that i wonder whether they even watched or payed attention to most of the show. This isn't really a problem with gundam seed though. This shit happens in most entertainment media and there's really nothing you can do about it.
That is what I have been wondering too. Destiny isn't one of those shows where you understand everything by just watching it once. But it has its flaws. Nothing is perfect. Anyways, everything will recieve hate and there is nothing we can do about it. But Gundam in particular, Destiny is the one that recieves the most hate, even more so than Age.
weirdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 11:51   Link #11226
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool2000 View Post
I like them hugging. I feel like just making out in front of everybody would have been far too rude a breach in protocol for either of them to do. The hugging gives you a big "Awww, they really love each other" moment without being rude to everyone around.

I agree with the Athrun thing. Would have made more sense to have him go look for Shinn while Kira did his thing. The meeting between Durandal and Ultimate Coordinator is thematically strong, Athrun's place there is empty...

Not as empty as the Stella nonsense, but empty nonetheless.
Yeah, gives you the idea that being a couple isn't all about kissing. I wish they kept him in a Orb Uniform too. Like many, I thought the Captain thing in Zaft was kind off a out of place. I know the point was to say he fully registered into the military, but staying in Orb would have made more sense than going to Zaft.

He was worried about his friend. Nothing wrong with that.

You mean near the end?

Quote:
They kinda did...

In The Place of Sin, as Athrun is leaving, he sees the ring, remembers giving her the ring and says something along the lines of "There are things I can understand, but never accept."
The whole thing is pretty complicated. They had the most problems as a couple during Seed Destiny, but overcame them, and reconciled.
Old 2014-03-07, 12:52   Link #11227
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So did the final episode of Destiny HD not have a mobile suit fight?

Also, I think Athrun's inclusion in the final confrontation was based on the Destiny spinoff manga where Athrun talks with Durandal too. However, here he doesn't say anything.
Old 2014-03-07, 13:09   Link #11228
Death Usagi
Banned

Seriously wish they make a sequel for cosmic era, but that movie that was announced 8 years ago being cancelled and all...
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 16:12   Link #11229
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
You can't say that, There is no god - Atheists
IS TOO, We just don't like, Know anything about him! - Agnostics
Kira went easy on Shinn. - Yamato Church
"God is dead: of his pity for man hath God died." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

As for Kira not kissing Lacus, I think Fukuda is trying to emulate Loran's relationship with Dianna (i.e., a platonic couple).

Also, Athrun X Cagalli, as well as Dearka X Milly, I would describe as UST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
So did the final episode of Destiny HD not have a mobile suit fight?

Also, I think Athrun's inclusion in the final confrontation was based on the Destiny spinoff manga where Athrun talks with Durandal too. However, here he doesn't say anything.
They used the TV Movie 4 ending, which was based on Final Plus.
Old 2014-03-07, 16:43   Link #11230
weirdguy

Now that this is over, who knows what's going to happen to this thread in the future... I mean, I literally read every single posts on this thread. This is probably the best place I have found to talk about SEED related things.
Old 2014-03-07, 16:48   Link #11231
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
Now that this is over, who knows what's going to happen to this thread in the future... I mean, I literally read every single posts on this thread. This is probably the best place I have found to talk about SEED related things.
If there is a big announcement, I bet this thread will reach its 600th page in a short time.
Old 2014-03-07, 16:51   Link #11232
kakakka

Maybe they're waiting for the BD remasters to come out to announce something, i dunno.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 18:37   Link #11233
IceHism

Quote:
That is what I have been wondering too. Destiny isn't one of those shows where you understand everything by just watching it once. But it has its flaws. Nothing is perfect. Anyways, everything will recieve hate and there is nothing we can do about it. But Gundam in particular, Destiny is the one that recieves the most hate, even more so than Age.

I don't think destiny gets more hate than Age. There's a reason why seed and seed destiny are probably the most popular gundam series in asia. Destiny and seed really only gets hate from western fans.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 18:49   Link #11234
Raso

Quote:
I don't think destiny gets more hate than Age. There's a reason why seed and seed destiny are probably the most popular gundam series in asia. Destiny and seed really only gets hate from western fans.
Yep and even when Seed first aired only Zeta had gotten higher ratings than it and Seed sold more DVDs than any other series as well as 10 million kits in a year... Seed is loved over there... which is why they rushed Destiny into production ASAP (to its detriment which I think everyone agrees on.)

And Destiny sold better than average as well but not as stellar Seed did, which is a standard sequel decline for most animes. Which is why a season 3 or 4 are really rare among most animes and Long Runners are even rarer.
Raso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 20:33   Link #11235
weirdguy

Quote:
I'm sure we all know that SEED and Destiny are loved over there. It should be obvious that I was talking about the western fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso View Post
Yep and even when Seed first aired only Zeta had gotten higher ratings than it and Seed sold more DVDs than any other series as well as 10 million kits in a year... Seed is loved over there... which is why they rushed Destiny into production ASAP (to its detriment which I think everyone agrees on.)

And Destiny sold better than average as well but not as stellar Seed did, which is a standard sequel decline for most animes. Which is why a season 3 or 4 are really rare among most animes and Long Runners are even rarer.
You kidding right? Destiny did not just sell better than average. It sold bloody well, and surpassed SEED in terms of sales.
Old 2014-03-07, 21:22   Link #11236
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
You want this thread to be lively? Okay, I'll talk about something...err...let's see....oh I know!:

Now that SEED & Destiny Remasters are over, let us remember once again the fleeting moments where Shiho appear on-screen:

Images
straight from Wiki
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Shiho, we’ll always remember you as a good character who never got the chance to speak a word in SEED/Destiny series. Despite that, our beautiful “Housenka” will always be in the hearts of the fans. *salutes*
Old 2014-03-07, 21:35   Link #11237
quagmire

It's pretty easy to predict the plot of the Seed Movie if that project gets revived. A bunch of ZAFT and Orb generals, admirals, etc will be pissed off that Kira and Athrun outrank them despite their years of service and will break away and start a new war....

quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 21:36   Link #11238
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
"God is dead: of his pity for man hath God died." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

As for Kira not kissing Lacus, I think Fukuda is trying to emulate Loran's relationship with Dianna (i.e., a platonic couple).

Also, Athrun X Cagalli, as well as Dearka X Milly, I would describe as UST.

They used the TV Movie 4 ending, which was based on Final Plus.
Heck, I'd just call DearkazMilly a retcon. Of course, I disagree about Athrun and Cagalli.

Speaking of Rolan and Dianna, I know that's listed as an official couple on the it's TVtrope's page, but do you know the specific source for that? You couldn't really get anything from the series itself regarding them.
Old 2014-03-07, 21:54   Link #11239
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Heck, I'd just call DearkazMilly a retcon. Of course, I disagree about Athrun and Cagalli.

Speaking of Rolan and Dianna, I know that's listed as an official couple on the it's TVtrope's page, but do you know the specific source for that? You couldn't really get anything from the series itself regarding them.
Actually, Kira and Lacus do kiss in this special

Luna's reaction must be some inside joke to the sudden tension.
Old 2014-03-07, 22:01   Link #11240
Raso

Quote:
You kidding right? Destiny did not just sell better than average. It sold bloody well, and surpassed SEED in terms of sales.
Show ratings were worse than Seed but ahead of most other Gundam series is what I meant
Raso is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep