Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-08-05, 22:17   Link #5501
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
@ Requiem-x

I wonder if the circumstances will allow for another level of ascendency/unlocking? Sometimes it takes serious situations to bring that sorta stuff out of her....
It's time for the anime prophecy to be fulfilled...

Spoiler for Treatment:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-05, 22:42   Link #5502
Chitanda Eru

It's quite clearly that Saki can't do anything in this Hanchan because after Sawaya, it's time for Nelly and Kyouko to shine up. We still don't know what exactly Nelly's ability and Kyouko may show some of her Coach's style, Zenno. It's fine, but I still don't like the concept of Nodoka's love will unleash Saki's power.
However, the issue I care about is can Sawaya take the lead? She's really awesome and her Clouds and Kamui haven't run out yet. Besides, some of them can come back in next hanchan
Chitanda Eru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-05, 23:41   Link #5503
Narumin

Oh! No! It's unacceptable for me! Why does Ritz try to improve her opponents too much and drops Saki more and more!? Saki should be developed by more matches and story. I want Saki to make a comeback with Chihou/Tenhou or Kazoe Yakuman before break! I don't want Saki to recover by Nodoka.

In addition, I want Saki to show her secret ability for comeback or Ritz creates an ability to get higher-qualified starting hand and drawing for Saki when she loses some of her points or led by others. I will be so glad if Ritz create it for her.

From the current score, Saki has to get Yakuman in her dealer turn (I hope Suukantsu) and if she gets two Yakuman , she will be the first place.

I don't want Kiyosumi to finish with the second place because of these reasons.
1.Kiyosumi will be considered as an underdog in the final.
-Achiga could beat Shiraitodai in the semi-final.
-Shiraitodai has Teru who is the inter-high champion and they are two consecutive years champion in the team tournament.
-If Rinkai can pass to the final , they are considered to be more hopeful to win because of the members.
-For Usuzan, they are considered as one of dark horses to become champion.
-For Himematsu, they are veteran and fifth place in the previous year.
-But Kiyosumi is an unknown school.
2.Every teams in the final should be an equal candidate ,and Kiyosumi shouldn't be underestimated.

Last edited by Narumin; 2015-08-06 at 06:43.
Narumin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 05:46   Link #5504
AP24

Wow, she got a Kazoe Yakuman during her dealer turn (which is worth 48k) and so as a result Usuzan's score is now almost 100k at 2nd place. Kiyosumi is now at last place with 60k. A break next issue.

Saki may have to keep winning during her dealer turn or get a Yakuman.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 07:50   Link #5505
Chitanda Eru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narumin View Post
Oh! No! It's unacceptable for me! Why does Ritz try to improve her opponents too much and drops Saki more and more!? Saki should be developed by more matches and story. I want Saki to make a comeback with Chihou/Tenhou or Kazoe Yakuman before break! I don't want Saki to recover by Nodoka.

In addition, I want Saki to show her secret ability for comeback or Ritz creates an ability to get higher-qualified starting hand and drawing for Saki when she loses some of her points or led by others. I will be so glad if Ritz create it for her.

From the current score, Saki has to get Yakuman in her dealer turn (I hope Suukantsu) and if she gets two Yakuman , she will be the first place.

I don't want Kiyosumi to finish with the second place because of these reasons.
1.Kiyosumi will be considered as an underdog in the final.
-Achiga could beat Shiraitodai in the semi-final.
-Shiraitodai has Teru who is the inter-high champion and they are two consecutive years champion in the team tournament.
-If Rinkai can pass to the final , they are considered to be more hopeful to win because of the members.
-For Usuzan, they are considered as one of dark horses to become champion.
-For Himematsu, they are veteran and fifth place in the previous year.
-But Kiyosumi is an unknown school.
2.Every teams in the final should be an equal candidate ,and Kiyosumi shouldn't be underestimated.
Well, there's still in the first half of the first Hanchan. So Saki don't need to have 2 Yakuman to take the lead. Moreover, I think the Yakuman of 4 kan should be in the final, not now.

Sawaya seems not to stop right now, she's using another Kamui. I hope she will got another dealer win and this time she may take down Nelly, it will be incredible and very interesting.

After that maybe Nelly or Kyouko will stop Sawaya. I think it could be Nelly because she hasn't shown her ability yet. Then the next match is Saki's dealer. Hope that she can do something before Kyouko will show up some styles. Kyouko hasn't done so much without using speed and blocking Saki. The best hope for Saki now is at least, she can end up the first hanchan with +/-0 ^^.

I expect Saki will have a secret ability, too. It could be "Mirror" as Teru, :") because they are sister.

According to the end of anime order of shining time is Sawaya--> Nelly--> Kyouko ---> Nodoka embraces Saki with love --> Saki smile and shine ^_^

Finally, I still want Kiyosumi to end up with the first place because that stupid Achiga beat Shiraitodai thanks to the over buff. And Usuzan should go to the final too, I really love Sawaya now, she is cool and has amazing skill.
Old 2015-08-06, 08:16   Link #5506
Narumin

^
^
^
Oh! You're right! Saki should get Suukantsu in the final or face Teru. If Saki has "The Mirror" like Teru, she should have an ability to win consecutively. Hahaha
I want Saki to win one or two hand at least in the first Hanchan. It's so bad and cruel if she doesn't win and becomes "Yakitori" status. Otherwise, I will be angry on Ritz.

Last edited by Narumin; 2015-08-06 at 08:32.
Old 2015-08-06, 11:08   Link #5507
night_sentinel

Hmmm... so Uzusan got a dealer yakuman?

Well, considering Sawaya is literally using her last shots there, she better get an awesome hand.

Let's see... At the beginning, Sawaya has 3 clouds and Kamui (if I count the silhouette) . She used the red and the white one in the last chapter. As for the kamui, Sawaya also used 1 to curse Kyouko. And then in end of the last chapter, she called 2 kamui. .... Meaning Sawaya only has 1 cloud to be used for the rest of the match. And I'm not sure if Sawaya burned that in the latest chapter getting that dealer yakuman.

As for Saki, considering her Rinshan got copied. Let's just be happy that she isn't falling to pieces. As I've said in the earlier rounds, Ritz has set the semi-final to be bad for Kiyosumi considering all the match-up their having. So this is par on course.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 11:58   Link #5508
Chitanda Eru

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Hmmm... so Uzusan got a dealer yakuman?

Well, considering Sawaya is literally using her last shots there, she better get an awesome hand.

Let's see... At the beginning, Sawaya has 3 clouds and Kamui (if I count the silhouette) . She used the red and the white one in the last chapter. As for the kamui, Sawaya also used 1 to curse Kyouko. And then in end of the last chapter, she called 2 kamui. .... Meaning Sawaya only has 1 cloud to be used for the rest of the match. And I'm not sure if Sawaya burned that in the latest chapter getting that dealer yakuman.

As for Saki, considering her Rinshan got copied. Let's just be happy that she isn't falling to pieces. As I've said in the earlier rounds, Ritz has set the semi-final to be bad for Kiyosumi considering all the match-up their having. So this is par on course.
Maybe the clouds and Kamui that she used in the quarter will comeback in the second Hanchan. And I'm not sure but It seems that she only used 1 Kamui for that dealer Yakuman
Old 2015-08-06, 20:13   Link #5509
Peanutbutter

The stage is set, now we wanna see Saki strutting her stuff.

If not, I'll flip some tables.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 20:15   Link #5510
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post

Yes indeed ... I want to see Saki go into inhuman mode again.
Old 2015-08-06, 21:08   Link #5511
night_sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitanda Eru View Post
Maybe the clouds and Kamui that she used in the quarter will comeback in the second Hanchan. And I'm not sure but It seems that she only used 1 Kamui for that dealer Yakuman
I don't think so... there's some implication that it takes a while for the cloud and Kamui to come back when Sawaya said if she used it, she would have nothing for the finals. Her power might be like Megan who also have a long cooldown, so its once per tournament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post

Quote:
Yes indeed ... I want to see Saki go into inhuman mode again.
I'm betting on the 2nd half once Nodoka/Hisa or anyone managed to stabilize Saki. She's a bit out of her zone right now.
Ritz-sensei after all need to stack the deck a little.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 22:10   Link #5512
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
I'm betting on the 2nd half once Nodoka/Hisa or anyone managed to stabilize Saki. She's a bit out of her zone right now.

Ritz-sensei after all need to stack the deck a little.
No doubt, no doubt. Am just looking forward to Saki going into monster mode again is all. ^^
Old 2015-08-06, 22:30   Link #5513
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
No doubt, no doubt. Am just looking forward to Saki going into monster mode again is all. ^^
How could she beat her play at the semifinals, though? I doubt she'll go digital with one hug from Nodoka.
Old 2015-08-06, 22:41   Link #5514
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
How could she beat her play at the semifinals, though? I doubt she'll go digital with one hug from Nodoka.
Regardless of how the actual catalyst takes place I am confident in the result - and am very confident in her ability to surpass what she did in the semifinals several levels of ability more, actually.

To be honest though, what I am really waiting for mahjong wise is for Saki to fully bloom against her older sister ... of course, given the pace of things that may be a while. *cough cough* But I am waiting patiently.

And then above all I am waiting for some sort of reconciliation between Saki and Teru to finally take place.
Old 2015-08-07, 02:08   Link #5515
Narumin

I think about Saki's secret ability. I want her to have an ability in concept of "Flower of the heaven". It works when she falls into the last place , she will gain the most powerful starting hand and drawing. She will draw all of useful tiles and Kan tiles in every turns for obtaining the highest score hand. Her opponents can't obstruct or block her drawing and it's useless to do. After that, she will call on Ankan and win by Rinshan Kaihou with Kazoe Yakuman. This ability will work better in her dealer turn. Its effect is flower blooming on the heaven and white winged on her back.
What do you think about this ability?
Old 2015-08-07, 03:03   Link #5516
Chitanda Eru

We have some summoners in this Series Jindai, Sawaya and Kanou-pro. So about Saki's scecret skill is may be she can summon something like Angel Nodochi to help her. Then this match will become a battle of Summoners :")

However, I prefer Saki is a God or Demon Hunter ) not a Summoner. And her secret ability should be something that related to Teru such as "the mirror" but Saki's Mirror is activated in a different way. Then the national tournament is not only all about mahjong and monster but also the story of Miyagana sisters ^^

Last edited by Chitanda Eru; 2015-08-07 at 03:14.
Old 2015-08-07, 07:23   Link #5517
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

^ wat just happened?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-07, 09:03   Link #5518
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Regardless of how the actual catalyst takes place I am confident in the result - and am very confident in her ability to surpass what she did in the semifinals several levels of ability more, actually.

To be honest though, what I am really waiting for mahjong wise is for Saki to fully bloom against her older sister ... of course, given the pace of things that may be a while. *cough cough* But I am waiting patiently.

And then above all I am waiting for some sort of reconciliation between Saki and Teru to finally take place.
Abilty wise, she has to go further, this is a much bleaker situation for her. Maybe I should have said flair wise instead, by which I mean, will her opponents still look horrified when she makes a move? That is very important That said, ability and spectacle don't always go hand in hand, Nodoka is a good example. Maybe Miyanaga-san learns to be more flexible at the expense of less insanity.

You're thinking in the very long term there.

We don't even know why they're apart in the first place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
^ wat just happened?
Discussion about summoning powers and demon killing. Normal stuff in the saki fanbase.
Old 2015-08-07, 09:51   Link #5519
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
We have some summoners in this Series Jindai, Sawaya and Kainou-pro. So about Saki's scecret skill is may be she can summon something like Angel Nodochi to help her. Then this match will become a battle of Summoners :")

However, I prefer Saki is a God or Demon Hunter ) not a Summoner. And her secret ability should be something that related to Teru such as "the mirror" but Saki's Mirror is activated in a different way. Then the national tournament is not only all about mahjong and monster but also the story of Miyagana sisters ^^
I don't know if I would call them "summoners" per se so much as "channellers", though I may be thinking of the word summoner more in an rpg sense and a channeller in its contemporary use.

A summoner actually "teleports" something already in existence (whether in the physical world or a spiritual type world) to do things for them, whereas a channeller themselves becomes the vessel of a spiritual being's power. In this case Jindai is the classic example of a channeller - she literally becomes a vessel of those "9 gods". Both summoning and channelling have a specific beginning and end point.

What Sawaya is doing somehow reminds me neither of channelling nor of summoning, but actually using divine power as a shaman or a cleric (in rpg terms) might - i.e. casting spells directly tied into deities of some sort (as others have pointed out, related to the Ainu). There seems a slight difference in her case regarding the use of her mahjong related "powers".

But then there is another possibility, and that is that some people are "favored" or "chosen" by deities and are sort of granted power for some reason. And I think Saki is on this level. There are those granted power (one could call it an unnatural talent as opposed to a natural talent - though perhaps it could be argued either could be the result of direct intervention of some kind of spiritual being or something or other) as a result of effort and those who are given it from the time they were born.

And a grandiose as it may sound, I think Saki (and Koromo) is one of those who has been chosen by something or other from their birth. Such people "unlock" what is already inside them through emotional conflict, maturity, suffering, etc.

What sort Teru is is not clear at the moment - though her motivation and personality we do get glimpses into some - and we know Koromo's' ability remains regardless of her emotional state. But Saki ... Saki we have only caught glimpses of her ability, I think. More than that, as some have speculated, Saki's choseness seems to be related to ... a death god. And in other arcs (like the Achiga Hen side story) she is presented precisely as an outrightly terrifying opponent ability wise, almost even on the level of a "final boss". And I believe it. Remember in her semifinals match when she "abandoned" Miyamori and instead let Himematsu advance to the next round with her? Those last few rounds were the clearest glimpse we have had of what she can do.

As is well known, though, Saki's greatest weakness is her personality, life experiences and maturity, and that is what is being played upon now, and which she has had to overcome to differing degrees in other matches as well.

Well ... a lot of that is speculation, of course. Sorry for carrying on like that. But I do think there are more distinct differences in the origins and/or defining aspects of the abilities of various characters in the Saki-verse.
Old 2015-08-08, 13:30   Link #5520
Marina2

Quote:
We have some summoners in this Series Jindai, Sawaya and Kanou-pro. So about Saki's scecret skill is may be she can summon something like Angel Nodochi to help her. Then this match will become a battle of Summoners :")

Shizuno's ability already granted her the unofficial "Demon killer/hunter" title ,so I guess Saki will have to take 'Goddess' title.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri