AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-15, 00:09   Link #1041
molitar

Misa calls gives warning than suddenly cut off.. He knows Mizuka dying was a warning to him but he finally gets some balls and goes for the report. Kimijima wanted to make sure the report got out so upon the final report it appears to be auto sent the entire report all over the world.

Kimijima probably figured that whoever found the report would maybe be threatened or too scared to release so once entire report found and compiled back together it triggered and event to be sent to the entire world.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 06:10   Link #1042
Gundamx

lol... it become same as Ingress game...
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 06:27   Link #1043
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

now I started to think that Kimijima Kou is the mastermind behind all of these mess and tried to blame it to exoskeleton due to some plot of revenge

first he made robot malfunction all over the world and finished with spreading conspiracy theory all over the world to cause mass-panic/hysteria
Old 2013-02-15, 11:49   Link #1044
ookamigirl

Their club got disbanded.
Well, not wonder considering what happened to Subaru.
The worst was that they have to dismantle all their robots.
Aki took it the hardest of them all, but put on a brave face.
Kai vs Aki on Kill Ballad. I was nice since he probably let her win.
The dream of expo almost got extinguished, but luckily hope arrived at the last moment.
Seems like Kai unleashed Kimijima Reports all over the world unintentionally.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 12:42   Link #1045
Midonin
Last Engage

R;N 17 - Dreaming of Adventure, Dreaming of Passion

The episode started off so dark-tinted that I thought something was wrong with my computer. I do have to give Akiho some credit for keeping with her dream, even in circumstances where it seems unattainable. Poor Junna. Having to confront Subaru's dad again isn't easy for anyone, much less her. While the end of the episode hinted towards things being somewhat hopeful, whatever Report #7 did... I can't tell if that's something to be hopeful about. While there has seemingly been some merit to them, having the entire world receive them at this point will just cause a whole lot of confusion. Not to mention that Airi still hasn't come back, and all the other complications on top of things here. It's going to take some sort of miracle for this to be overridden. But maybe, just maybe, Aki can get the kind of Gunvarrel ending she desires. She already beat Kai in a game, so her skill is greater than I've been guessing.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 15:31   Link #1046
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So all the people that knew about Kimijima never accessed the last report? Nice that Kai encouraged Akiho a little. Glad that doc and even Mitchie decided to help out regardless. Good thing Subaru isn't dead, also doubt he'll turn his back on the club, he just has to deal with his dad.
Old 2013-02-15, 17:09   Link #1047
LKK

Does anyone else think that the giant robot was sabotaged? I thought it might be last week. After this week's flashback showing Kona being blown over in 1 direction immediately followed by the robot falling in the opposite direction, I'm more convinced that there's sabotage behind the glitch in its leg movement. With Doc on the scene to do a postmortem, I wouldn't be surprised if he discovered some tampering. And I hate to say this, but my prime suspect is Subaru's father in a mistaken attempt to drive Subaru away from his robot obsession.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 17:21   Link #1048
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
She already beat Kai in a game, so her skill is greater than I've been guessing.
I'm pretty sure he let her win to cheer her up. He acted as an outlet for her frustration.
Old 2013-02-15, 22:17   Link #1049
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Poor some sake out for your homies
Old 2013-02-16, 08:18   Link #1050
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
"you must not give Kimijima's report to anywone else, protect it"

and it was distributed throughout the world 10min later

- - - - -

Kagome Kagome, now I really want to use it as my phone ringtone

- - - - -

sad that anime this good (despite many stupidity going on in the last episode) wasn't doing good in term of BD/DVD sales
Keep it a secret she said
Don't let anyone know she said
*downloads Kimijima Report No. 7 and it distributed the reports around the globe*
...What...

Overall, looks like mass panic around the globe while Aki and co. goes to the Expo.

Why do I get the feeling Kimijima is not what he seems? Everything seems to fall into place way too perfectly. Now, that I think about it. Why there is no group opposing the Committee 300? Surely, there should be one. Something similar to Assassin vs Templar from Assassin's Creed.

Last edited by orpheus2; 2013-02-16 at 08:29.
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 10:00   Link #1051
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
Why there is no group opposing the Committee 300? Surely, there should be one.
If such a group exists, you have to think if they can even be a hindrance to the Committee. I mean if they don't have the resources to utilize in doing a fair amount of damage to their plans then well...

There's also the possibility that if such a group existed, they may have already been eliminated of. Whether by assassination, spies destroying them from within, or all being brainwashed.

Well I do hope that there is a group capable of resisting the Committee with a good amount of experience. If they do exist it's a shame they haven't been successful in taking down the Committee 300 so far. Maybe the next ; sci-fi show/vn may portray such a group?

Another good episode, though how it ended wow poor Kai way to go. I can't wait to see the reactions of more people next ep.
Old 2013-02-16, 10:35   Link #1052
CJ_Walker

A friend was telling me something interesting to me when I told him that I wasn't too keen on this show, and was just watching it off and on. He watches the show and is kinda "meh" on it but explained to me why I have a problem with it:

"Mizuka didn't have to die. Silly death method aside, if she had just told Kai the truth about everything to do with Kimijima Kou when Kai first asked, and THEN told him not to mess with the reports any further. . .she wouldn't have died. Same thing with Misa

MOST IMPORTANTLY same thing with the exoskeleton boss dude who visited Kai (yeah Mizuka was already dead then) As I don't think he's entirely a bad guy, but is more like a "save my own ass" kind of guy.

Of course, if the adults around him told him the truth before he did something stupid and dangerous, there would be no story.

And hence the problem. A lot of anime tends to do this, withholding pertinent information from a character who is obviously searching for it. . . who's search could endanger themselves and those they love. Just because the person searching for answers is a "kid" (which = a perfect reason to keep the plot going) of course because the whole plot is built around this gigantic gap in logic. . .a large "plot hole" if you will, which in the back of many viewer's minds disables their suspension of disbelief. Although usually, even with the big plot holes, they can be covered by having other emotional events that make the viewers emotionally attached to the characters.

However the reason why that fell apart is the silly manner in which Mizuka died(also the silly Subaru incident which was really forced, knowing how smart he is supposedly portrayed), which causes many viewers to snap out of their emotional attachment to the characters just enough to think "hey that's b.s." which becomes like a seed that causes the viewers to look at the story and say "hey this SHOW is BUILT on b.s" i.e. the problem I mentioned above with the withholding of information for the sake of the plot. . . .this is a soft breach of the 4th wall, in which the characters hide information for the sake of the viewer (to build tension) instead of the logical thing to do which was to tell the character searching for the info the truth and why he should stay away from it.

Stains gate is similar but because the writers made sure you invested a lot of "emotional face time" with the characters that were very interesting to the viewrs(okabe's antics/interactions with makise/suzuha and her quirks/the cat maid girl/mayuri's "cute" weirdness etc etc. . .) followed by somewhat plausible scientific theories that have been heard before (i.e. parallel realities/quantum physics "observer effect" type stuff) Any plot holes or "hey, that's b.s." moments are covered up and forgotten about by the viewer (yes there were a few of those in stains gate too) also, there was no "adult who knows everything but won't tell the main characters because they are children" tool authors use as a flimsy string to hold the plot together, which comes undone rather quickly, when said character has something bad happen to them because of this with holding of information. It feels to the viewer that the story is more of "The hand of god" (i.e. the author messing with the story) rather than the characters having the effect on the story. Kind of like a reverse deus ex machina."
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 11:17   Link #1053
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
A friend was telling me something interesting to me when I told him that I wasn't too keen on this show, and was just watching it off and on. He watches the show and is kinda "meh" on it but explained to me why I have a problem with it:

"Mizuka didn't have to die. Silly death method aside, if she had just told Kai the truth about everything to do with Kimijima Kou when Kai first asked, and THEN told him not to mess with the reports any further. . .she wouldn't have died. Same thing with Misa
How did you and your friend arrive at that conclusion? I certainly haven't seen anything so far that actually tells us why Mizuka was killed. Do you and your friend know something the rest of us don't?

Quote:
Of course, if the adults around him told him the truth before he did something stupid and dangerous, there would be no story.
And what, turn R;N into a 30 second rolling text saying "the committee of 300's nefarious plan to roast the vast majority of humanity so it can rule over the rest with a iron fist went off without a hitch, the end." ? to fight against the 300s is dangerous, but doing nothing is even more so.

Quote:
Stains gate is similar...
STEINS, stains...

Last edited by kyp275; 2013-02-16 at 14:50.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 16:29   Link #1054
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Maybe it's the unlocking of the reports that triggers the next phase. (Why do it yourself when you can convince teens to believe that they are saving the world to do your dirty work for you?) Mizuka tried to stop him from downloading #7 and that's when all heck broke lose. #7 is suspicious from the start as it wasn't there on the first scan of the area. Kagome Kagome was to remove the obstacle from Kai downloading #7, Mizuka. This could imply that they are being observed by someone in realtime that can send Kagome Kagome whenever it's needed as it faxed steering directions to Mizuka's unit.(She had to turn 90 degrees to head towards that cliff.)
I agree with your point that someone might be keeping a close watch on Kou. That said, episode 17 makes everything even more confusing. Why was Mizuka killed? If it was to inflame Kou's drive to get to the remaining report, then the act of killing Mizuka is kind of redundant, isn't it? Time and time again it has showed Kou's curiosity is resilient. This isn't the first time Kou was told not to look for those report, but he did anyway. So why kill her there? I want episode 18 now.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 17:31   Link #1055
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
Silly death method aside, if she had just told Kai the truth about everything to do with Kimijima Kou when Kai first asked, and THEN told him not to mess with the reports any further.
Not so sure about the reasoning, here. It depends on a lot of things, but just consider this scenario:

In the past, you've been involved with very dangerous people. You're lucky to come out of this alive, but you know you're not exactly off the hook, so you try to live a normal life as best you can. The stuff you know endangers you, but as long as you keep a low profile, they're probably not worrying about you.

And then your friend's sister's friend stumbles onto knowledge that could endanger him. You're trying to stop him, but you doubt it'll work. So you have the option to tell him everything you know. Are you going to do that?

They may be watching you. If you tell him, not only do you endager yourself (not reliable to keep silent), but you also pass on the danger onto him. In chess terms, it's a gambit. It might work out, but if the sacrifice doesn't pay off, you're actually worse off. And then it's quite clearly your fault.

Summary: She might be seeing telling him everything as the very thing she's trying to avoid him to find out. The only way to keep him from acquiring dangerous knowledge is giving him other dangerous knowledge.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 19:47   Link #1056
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I agree with your point that someone might be keeping a close watch on Kou. That said, episode 17 makes everything even more confusing. Why was Mizuka killed? If it was to inflame Kou's drive to get to the remaining report, then the act of killing Mizuka is kind of redundant, isn't it? Time and time again it has showed Kou's curiosity is resilient. This isn't the first time Kou was told not to look for those report, but he did anyway. So why kill her there? I want episode 18 now.
The only reason to kill Mizuka was to keep her mouth shut about Kimijima.Since killing her to keep Kou away from the reports is useless especially since she was trying to do that on her own.And he was going to go after the last report on his own so killing her for that reason would just be crazy.

I think that she was going to talk about the connection between Kimijima and Misa whatever that is.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 23:11   Link #1057
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Dang. I wonder when Nae started working for Jaxa.
Old 2013-02-19, 21:49   Link #1058
Tougarashi
zutto soba ni ite ne

Due to Subaru's and Mizuka's unfortunate events, everyone including Kai might need to think more about the robot that they were building. Society was already disappointed with robots. This time, its for the Robotics club. Kai might lose faith in robots or hate them.

Current Season animes: Listeners, Tower of God
Tougarashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 02:24   Link #1059
Unknown Soldier
:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquifina View Post
A lot of the inherent scientific/technological implausibility in this series I can live with--this is anime, after all--what I was more annoyed by was the extremely sudden introduction of an extremely traumatic death, in a series whose general emotional tone has been so different up to now. Yes, dramatic power can come from unexpectedness, but there's a fine balance between a good dramatic twist and emotional inconsistency, and I saw the latter rather than the former. I'm not saying R;N can't possibly do a death at this point after the episodes and story we've previously seen, but if they want to go there, they have to craft a situation where the circumstances require such a drastic outcome. This was just so... out of left field.
It's exactly the same as the way that the story of Steins;Gate suddenly shifted. Chaos;Head was a little different, but you shouldn't be surprised from what you saw in R;N if you watched S;G.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 15:07   Link #1060
Algent

Spoiler for episode 18:
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction