Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-17, 21:37   Link #2981
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulik View Post
Oorai wins with speed not with armor, maus and E-100 are to slow.
maby panter II would be better?
A Maus pack with 5~6 is no joke despite they're slow, and they are for deal with JagdPanther, JagdTiger, and E-100 is planned with powerful engine to move as same as Tiger's speed, it's not too slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Yes, the Student Council's pz38 (t) was upgraded into a Hetzer. You can see it prominently when Ooarai's tanks lines up. Was I mistaken, or has it equipped the 105 mm howitzer? That's... certainly an odd choice, I think, for a TD, as it's essentially turned it into a close-range fighter.
Finally, the Student Council has better tank by upgraded their pz38 to Hetzer. But where they get resource to upgrade that?

Hetzer gonna Hetz .

Last edited by Panzerklein; 2012-12-17 at 21:48.
Panzerklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 21:53   Link #2982
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Huh. Didn't find that particular image during my search, which all turned up the G13 with muzzle brakes.

Still, this looks to be one of those times when the variations of the Senshado rules are in place: from what I know, there were already plans for the Hetzer to get the StuK 40 before the war ended, so it technically would still be within the rules for the Hetzer to get the gun, even if in reality only the post-war G-13 got it.
I just find it amusing that they're using the StuK 40 rather than the Pak 39. Not sure if this is the L/43 or L/48, but if it is the L/48, then it would have better penetration than the Pak 39.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 22:24   Link #2983
florallia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
Finally, the Student Council has better tank by upgraded their pz38 to Hetzer. But where they get resource to upgrade that?
Simple. School council gets some small donation from School's other club activity group, so they bought conversion kit from Tank shop by all that money (but too small amount for buy whole tank). In G&P world, this is usual. Did you remember Yukari's favolite 「せんしゃ倶楽部」? That shop sells parts and supply like automobile shop, I think that shop is more than military goods shop but sports goods shop in that world.

Last edited by florallia; 2012-12-17 at 22:52. Reason: additional facts.
florallia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 22:34   Link #2984
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

A strange world were a High School can buy a Hetzer kit from a sporting goods store.

The International circuit most be awesome.
Old 2012-12-17, 22:41   Link #2985
florallia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
BUT....People seems to predict that Oarai will lose more than they will win so, to make it unpredictable, Oarai must win!
Of course! Nobody wants to see Ooarai loose, and Director Mizushima always answer for our hope, in a good way. No problem.

I didn't miss what Commander-Miho says about some plan at game beforehand. She clearly says to mates "It will gonna be long battle" . I think it means they planning long-term guerilla tactics, which annoy diecipline hard unit by small unit, with hit-and-run. That battlefield, outskirt of Mt.Fuji is contains vast forest, difficult terrain, local cities and village. It should be take some days to search & destroy if entire Ooarai team will scattered in that nature, I think. Black Forrest may be divided, and down one by one.
Old 2012-12-17, 23:19   Link #2986
florallia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
A strange world were a High School can buy a Hetzer kit from a sporting goods store.

The International circuit most be awesome.
In UK, there should be TV program with host curley-haired fat tall hug & Small hamster-like lass & Miss No-Direction, challenging to buy cheap second-hand tanks within 1000 pound and cross-country arctic circle, or build DIY amphibious tank for crossing Dover, or testing latest Sensha-Do type reproduction tank in the hand of White Tanker-overalled mystery faceless driver, I think.
Old 2012-12-18, 01:20   Link #2987
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

By the way, Black Forest Peak's armory is really deep.

Confirming a count by an anon in Komica, we are looking at 6 Panzer IIIs, 6 Jagdpanzer IV aside from the Tiger, Tiger II and the Panther.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 01:22   Link #2988
gaiar31

gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 01:25   Link #2989
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

2 girls with name "Momo" ?
Old 2012-12-18, 01:29   Link #2990
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I wonder why "Tapir", when it's clearly an Anteater having a much longer nose.

Also, this scene was

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 01:53   Link #2991
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

As I though, Panzer IV also upgrade skirt-armor. And holycrap, Black Forest use strongest tanks to secure their victory, JagdPanzer IV, JagdPanther, Ferdinand, JagdTiger, Panther, Tiger, King Tiger and Panthers not just a Tiger and bunch of Panzer III like previous matches.
Old 2012-12-18, 02:01   Link #2992
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
As I though, Panzer IV also upgrade skirt-armor. And holycrap, Black Forest use strongest tanks to secure their victory, JagdPanzer IV, JagdPanther, Ferdinand, JagdTiger, Panther, Tiger, King Tiger and Panthers not just a Tiger and bunch of Panzer III like previous matches.
Sheesh, well, as they say, "there is no kill like overkill." But seriously, I wonder if the only way to defeat them is through the weakest armor and engines...
Old 2012-12-18, 02:05   Link #2993
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Sheesh, well, as they say, "there is no kill like overkill." But seriously, I wonder if the only way to defeat them is through the weakest armor and engines...
There is something else that can kill Black Forest Peak real fast:
Fire Support.

So long as Saori can radio in fire support from either artillery, CAS or SPGs, Black Forest Peak will be facing a repeat of the Scheldt pocket... but that's not happening here.

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2012-12-18, 02:54   Link #2994
SatelliteCannon

Quote:
Also, this scene was
While it was incredibly cool that they put in that Kelly's Heroes cameo, that scene was supposed to be a somewhat funny one during the middle of an epic action sequence.
Spoiler for Kelly's Heroes:
For those who haven't watched it yet, I highly recommend watching the movie. Might be a good way to kill the next few months. It's kinda like GuP in that its a fun action flick that doesn't really take itself too seriously (its almost a parody of Dirty Dozen).

As for one of the other movies cameo-ed, Battle of the Bulge...its not bad. It has more tanks (you will have to ignore the Patton-ness of the "King Tigers") and it has more Telly Savalas being a Sarge. It also does have Panzerlied, and I always thought Hans Christian Blech was a cool old German fogey.
Spoiler for The Anime Will Go On:
SatelliteCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 03:01   Link #2995
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Spoiler for :

Old 2012-12-18, 03:35   Link #2996
chupiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket View Post
I'd never heard of these... but it looks like at least the KP-42 field kitchen did exist. What's the story with the PK-43? Looks like there are model kits of it at least...
I'm not too familiar with this myself, but I think the model company made it up... Either that or perhaps there were blueprints for a prototype. I'm sure Mizushima is aware of this and wonder why he chose the fictitious 43 over the real 42.
chupiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 03:48   Link #2997
chupiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaiar31 View Post
Actually, the middle's Momonga (flying squirrel). The eyepatch probably threw you off; she probably wears it as a play on her name. Of course, if doesn't help that we already have a Momo, though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatelliteCannon
While it was incredibly cool that they put in that Kelly's Heroes cameo, that scene was supposed to be a somewhat funny one during the middle of an epic action sequence.
Which is why I found the scene of them watching hilarious. It's an inside joke that only those who know the movie could get

Noticed that everyone but Oryo in the history team is left-handed. And man, I could use some good tonkatsu right now. Watching this show makes me hungry...
chupiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 03:54   Link #2998
Sumeragi
Banned

Images
Purpose
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 04:12   Link #2999
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

The Hetzer upgrade got me looking into what were proposed for the 38(t) chassis, and I came across this gem of an idea:

The 8cm gun PAW 600 is actually light enough to be fitted onto the 38 (t) chassis without overloading the suspension (some 200 of these smoothbore guns were made before the end of the war), and it would've fired HEAT rounds. This would've been effective in engagements at around 700m or so. Marrying this gun with a very reliable chassis was immediately on the drafting table, but the war ended before it can come into fruition. That gun has enough penetration to be equal to that the Panzer IV with the L48 75mm, firing Tungsten rounds.

Old 2012-12-18, 04:19   Link #3000
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by florallia View Post
In UK, there should be TV program with host curley-haired fat tall hug & Small hamster-like lass & Miss No-Direction, challenging to buy cheap second-hand tanks within 1000 pound and cross-country arctic circle, or build DIY amphibious tank for crossing Dover, or testing latest Sensha-Do type reproduction tank in the hand of White Tanker-overalled mystery faceless driver, I think.
Some say his bones are made of depleted uranium or that he can spit HE shells out of his mouth, all we know he is The Stug.

I'd definitely watch that show just like how I watch it in our world lol

Quote:
I wonder why "Tapir", when it's clearly an Anteater having a much longer nose.
Also the long sticky tongue characteristic of anteaters and that long tail. So who could confuse those with a Tapir?
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks