AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-03, 07:09   Link #801
SQA

Okay, after watching Episode 3, I went about rewatching the entire Eureka 7 TV series. I need to give some spoilers, so I'm tagging this. But, with a look back, the connection is pretty obvious with some careful attention to Episode 50.

Spoiler for Tie in setup:

One point on the ring. I'm fairly certain it has nothing to do with this sequel. It was a specific copy of the ring that Charles had, just the C changed to an E. It, contained in amber, goes along with the huge, mostly unexplained, mountain of amber in the next episode. This is likely the Scub Coral's way of communicating.

It also goes in with the disc 12 cover art. I couldn't find a large image of it, but here's what it looks like:

It's 2 children that look like 10 year old Eureka & Renton. However, they have surf boards and Renton has the wings. These would be the ones that made the amber pile. I've never seen a good discussion about them, but I assume they'd be Scub coral reflections of Eureka & Renton. And a way of communicating the direction for where to go. Plus they give the Nirvash the power to fly again.

So, the ring, while interesting in and of itself, is not really important to this.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 14:20   Link #802
konart

Spoiler for ep4:
Old 2012-05-03, 14:21   Link #803
EagleBlue

Can't wait for the next episode, we might get the Nirvash in it's original paint scheme.
EagleBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 18:56   Link #804
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Episode 4:

Action was okay, I had unrealistic expectations anyway so I was bound to be disappointed. But the explosions were very nice. I like the way the mechs work in the show, they're sorta modular (especially Nirvash), and the show is doing a good job of showing how the interface and weapons work instead of just using robo-magic. Story-wise, they're finally moving on with the prologue story, and it looks like from next week they're going into the next phase with Generation Bleu being properly introduced.

I don't like the anime/manga self-referencing stuff in the script though. It's kinda silly when characters in an anime comment that something is like an anime. I don't dig the heavy handed and comically presented "political" stuff in the story either. It really feels as if Aikawa hasn't had enough of that in Un-Go and wants to do as much of it as possible in E7AO too. Tone feels all over the place whenever they try that. Hope it gets toned down.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 19:42   Link #805
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

america, fuck yeah
SolarAquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 21:32   Link #806
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So the original Nirvash was lost with Eureka. So how is there another mark 1? Was that a gecko state logo behind the dj during the protest? That guy was nice for helping out Ao since Eureka saved him when he was younger. How do you bring Noah along and not Naru? I hope we see her soon. Lol the 3 stooges snuck onboard.
Old 2012-05-03, 22:18   Link #807
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
Okay, after watching Episode 3, I went about rewatching the entire Eureka 7 TV series. I need to give some spoilers, so I'm tagging this. But, with a look back, the connection is pretty obvious with some careful attention to Episode 50.

Spoiler for Tie in setup:

One point on the ring. I'm fairly certain it has nothing to do with this sequel. It was a specific copy of the ring that Charles had, just the C changed to an E. It, contained in amber, goes along with the huge, mostly unexplained, mountain of amber in the next episode. This is likely the Scub Coral's way of communicating.
Thank you very much, I needed to reconnect back to the series since I last concluded about 5 and 1/2 years ago.

So, in this sequel we have the possibility that the Scub Coral are attempting to make contact, but this is hindered by the G-Monsters hunting them down or doing their worst to wipe out the point of contact being Okinawa.

Ao's mother was a foreigner attributed by the local residents to have brought a same tragic event from 10 years ago before this storyline started.

Spoiler:

We have that the political landscape between Okinawa and Japan is pretty tense, as the Okinawans are striving to retain their Sovereignity from the Japanese, and the G-Monster's attck on the island, which they mistake as Ao's doing, has pretty much shaken them up.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 23:04   Link #808
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Spoiler for Speculah:

Not to question your expertise of Coralian biology, but outside of the lack of wings nothing really says "This is not the same Eureka". She still has the forehead gem for one. We're only on episode 4, explanation may follow. Entire first cour of the original show was all vague setups and random terminology that you couldn't possibly make sense of at that time. The Zelda setup would be really dumb anyway.
Also I don't believe the cover art has anything to do with anything. It's just that, a cover art for DVD. I mean, don't you think it's weird that we should prioritize artwork over what actually happens in the show as canon?

Gotta agree about hamfisted kicks at the 4th wall, they look out of place. If you point that your crappy joke is ironic it's still a crappy joke!

Quote:
Tags: harem
But that's wrong.

Last edited by Daniel Lind; 2012-05-03 at 23:15.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 23:26   Link #809
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Dang it, Naru gets left behind. I want her to have more screen time, but looks like she's a no show next episode. Hoping she back the episode after.

That said, that mecha battle was kickass.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 23:29   Link #810
Jerseykid

she could have at least given him a kiss before he left
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 01:08   Link #811
SQA

I liked episode 4. Setting up the ZOA makes for a very interesting question about what the G-monsters are and how they operate. Questions I'm sure we'll get answered later. I think Blonde haired guy with strange eyes is somehow working for the G-monsters.

On the tie-in to the TV Series:

Spoiler for Hints:

I do want to point out that Eureka is going to be our Adroc & Diane stand in for this series. Right down to a Seven Swells "leaving". I guess the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" maxim holds true a bit for that, haha.

Oh, and the GekkoState logo at the concert/rally was a nice touch. Though it was pretty obvious place to put it. It also sets up a rather interesting set of possibilities for how Trapars are used in this world. It obviously isn't covered in them. Which is probably why the IFOs operate as normal planes so much.

If F-22s are "export model" fighters, the American Military IFOs must be something else. Though I doubt it's a point that'll be expounded on too much.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 01:11   Link #812
Jarmel

Rather decent episode. Looking forward to them establishing Gen Bleu in the next episode. Animation quality was fairly decent and the music pieces for the most part are pretty oustanding.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 02:11   Link #813
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
And I don't have time to go frame-by-frame on episode 3, but she didn't have the jewel in the shots we got that episode.
That's really obvious. In all the shots before the one in Ep4 OP she had a strategically placed forelock covering it.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 02:14   Link #814
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That G-monster blowed up real good.

Another rock-solid effort. Well-animated, well-acted and beautifully written - an action-packed first half giving way to a thoughtful and emotionally true second. The ep felt like it lasted about five minutes.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 02:57   Link #815
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Think Ao needs to look into a way to lock the doors on Nirvash. Besides having Fleur just open up to have a chat with him he seems to be found unconscious outside of it a little too often.

Is still an interesting thing how all the IFO designs were based off the Mark I. So guess the best question is where this Nirvash came from. After all the creation of it lead to the creation of the other IFOs and so on.

The forehead jewel definitely adds to the speculation. I swear each episode's OP is going to need to be closely examined every week so we don't miss anything .
Old 2012-05-04, 03:53   Link #816
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Yeah the OP changing every week is kinda funky. I wonder if how different the OP will be by ep12, or if there isn't a second OP, by ep24. Lol.
Old 2012-05-04, 04:21   Link #817
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Dang it, Naru gets left behind. I want her to have more screen time, but looks like she's a no show next episode. Hoping she back the episode after.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
she could have at least given him a kiss before he left
It's something to go home to
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 07:43   Link #818
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I thought they'd have a harder time taking down that giant monster. Ao made it look easy as hell (you're definitely in an anime, bro).

I'm also disappointed Naru got left behind. When Ao brought up the idea Generation Bleu might know how to cure her illness, I thought she had just gotten her free ticket, but nope. Ah well, I'm sure it won't be long before they're reunited.
Old 2012-05-04, 08:01   Link #819
duckroll
綺羅星★!

It'll probably be like the OP/ED, where Naru is always watching him from a distance or trying to catch up with him. They'll always meet up again, but she's never with him when he's actually doing something. Symbolism! (lol)
Old 2012-05-04, 08:14   Link #820
miketyson

I'm not a huge fan of the anime self-referencing that's going on, but for now it seems included at least in part to make it even clearer that this really is "this very earth, right here, in the near future" (same as the Smithsonian reference, etc.). If they keep it up it'll eventually undermine some of the show's feel, but I can see why they'd put it in.

Naru's illness is growing on me. At first I thought it was just a weird move, but now I'm liking how it works in the story a lot more than before. It lets her be a something of the "damsel in distress" for purpose of the plot (I'm assuming) without her actually having the personality usually associated with that plot role.

Otherwise this continues to be fantastic for me (almost to the level of "other studios, are you even trying?"). Solid writing, solid action sequences, interesting characters, good art style, maybe a bit clunky on the world politics but not to the point it's unwatchable. What's not to like?
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen