AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-01-22, 15:53   Link #2461
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubaki_Nakatsukasa View Post
Now I have other silly question that has simmilarity,
what is credits and what is that for ?
You should be more specific when asking them. Since the context of your question is something we don't know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Credit

A nice list of some of the meanings of it, though Cats covered most of them.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 22:13   Link #2462
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Right now I don't know if I have a cold or if it's just my allergies, but only 1 of my nostrils is stuffed...All day, just the right nostril is stuffed...I'm wondering why the heck I can't get this nostril to clear-up? Hell I'd welcome the other one getting stuffed for a while...I think 1 nostril = allergy, but I never had allergies growing up...Only a couple years ago did I start to develop them, but can't recall just 1 nostril being effected...Any thoughts?
Old 2009-01-22, 23:06   Link #2463
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Right now I don't know if I have a cold or if it's just my allergies, but only 1 of my nostrils is stuffed...All day, just the right nostril is stuffed...I'm wondering why the heck I can't get this nostril to clear-up? Hell I'd welcome the other one getting stuffed for a while...I think 1 nostril = allergy, but I never had allergies growing up...Only a couple years ago did I start to develop them, but can't recall just 1 nostril being effected...Any thoughts?
As one ages you become more supectble to such things, altho others have allergies and sinus issues all their life....my sinus suck always messed up ><

You might want to try Allegra,Clarinex,Zertx I get generic brand Loratadine 10MG tablets take 1 every other day they seem to stave off most of my allergies sometimes I need one a day sometimes I need a benadryl and go into zombie mode to fight back a bad reaction.

For sinus that's tricky I seem to soak in every bit of cold breeze that hits my ears and all that dose is screw with my head and nose I don't have much trouble with my throat thank goodness, but keeping warm and not letting your self get to cold or letting wind find its way into your ear canals, decongestants will help, I also take Mucus relief with nasal decongestant its rite aid brand, guaifenesin 400mg/phenylephrine HCI 10MG when I am badly blocked up or have a heavy chest.

Staying warm and active is the best way to keep the lungs/nose clean so I hear.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 23:58   Link #2464
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

LMAO, so that's why some people wear those earmuffs to bed..I thought it was just for light-sleepers^^...If it persists I'll definitely put your advice into action...Using a Saline-drip right now...If I feel like $hit in the morning I'll go hardcore off of your list...I refuse to go to the club snotted-up tomorrow night...Thanx Zippy...
Old 2009-01-23, 05:09   Link #2465
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
silly question, is it really bad if you sneeze and squeeze your nose shut when you do it?
I've sneezed like that all my life cause I hate having whatever is inside hanging down from my nostril afterwards that or it gives me a bit of a soar throat (I sometimes sneeze over 8 times in a row and then multiple times a day if there's a lot of different scents), my sister always complains that I should sneeze normally but she never states why nor can she clearly defend her statement and over the years I have developed automatism so it is quite hard to not do it cause my hands fly up automatically lol
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 05:32   Link #2466
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
silly question, is it really bad if you sneeze and squeeze your nose shut when you do it?
I've sneezed like that all my life cause I hate having whatever is inside hanging down from my nostril afterwards that or it gives me a bit of a soar throat (I sometimes sneeze over 8 times in a row and then multiple times a day if there's a lot of different scents), my sister always complains that I should sneeze normally but she never states why nor can she clearly defend her statement and over the years I have developed automatism so it is quite hard to not do it cause my hands fly up automatically lol
Yeah, I tried it and I wound up earning an earache, and an earache results from nearly damaging the drum from so much air pressure, and infection caused by germs from the nose, as they're connected by a canal. It seems that a medical mask should be appropriate in this case.
Old 2009-01-23, 16:04   Link #2467
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
soulassassin547 covered the basics of it, but for anyone who's interested I'll give a bit more information because I find it quite interesting.

Sneezing was likely a reflex evolved to clear the nasal passage. If you examine most animals (you can visualize a dog as an example), the pathway leading from the lungs to the nose is relatively straight. A sudden gust outward (the sneeze) would likely clear out the nostrils and blow away the built up mucus. However, this mechanism is broken in humans and apes. If you examine our air pathway there's a "hook" in the region between the mouth and nose. Because of this the air doesn't travel very nicely and a lot of the air's energy is lost at that point. Typically it goes out through a person's mouth, but there are times (for some people more often than others) where at least a bit of air does make it to the nasal passage and clears some of the mucus out.

The problem with keeping your nose closed is that any air that successfully travels to the nose has nowhere to go. There's a lot of pressure generated in a sneeze, and you can't keep it contained within yourself. If you were to clamp down on your mouth and nose it would likely travel further to wherever it could. Your ears are connected along the nasal/throat pathway, so it's possible and likely that some of the air could travel into there. As you know, your ears are sensitive to pressure and aren't really designed to let air in or out. It's best to let the sneeze out through your mouth and/or nose, pathways that are better designed to handle air of that pressure.

If you're having trouble with your hands coming up, don't fight that entirely. Instead of using your hands to pinch your nose closed, simply cup your hands over your mouth and nose. You may find it easier to stop pinching your nose closed that way, and it's also more sanitary to those around you. (Just make sure to wash your hands afterward.)
Old 2009-01-23, 17:15   Link #2468
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
A sneeze is basically a violent reaction to some dust, allergen, etc to nasal cavity. It's really meant to get rid of irritants in the nose by sending very fast moving air out of the body along with the irritants. I would assume that holding a sneeze in is bad. One of my friends is able to actually hold the sneeze to a "ah ch-". Its wierd....

Apparently, the air from a sneeze can travel up to 200 mph... not sure how true it is.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 18:47   Link #2469
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4dudes View Post
One of my friends is able to actually hold the sneeze to a "ah ch-". Its wierd....
that is what I do as well and that is why my sister always glares why I sneeze lol
I'll try the cup technique, in fact I'll do it lol nothing bad has happened to me so far but I wouldn't want it happening anyway =P

and for Drag, yes it travels with such speed because of the pressure and if you keep your eyes open when sneezing your eyes will go pop!
Old 2009-01-23, 22:06   Link #2470
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
If I may inject, that your eyes will pop out if you don't close them during a sneeze is a myth. Check it out:

http://ask.yahoo.com/20050721.html
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=6D5fJYHbK7k
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 21:23   Link #2471
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
As one ages you become more supectble to such things, altho others have allergies and sinus issues all their life....my sinus suck always messed up ><

You might want to try Allegra,Clarinex,Zertx I get generic brand Loratadine 10MG tablets take 1 every other day they seem to stave off most of my allergies sometimes I need one a day sometimes I need a benadryl and go into zombie mode to fight back a bad reaction.

For sinus that's tricky I seem to soak in every bit of cold breeze that hits my ears and all that dose is screw with my head and nose I don't have much trouble with my throat thank goodness, but keeping warm and not letting your self get to cold or letting wind find its way into your ear canals, decongestants will help, I also take Mucus relief with nasal decongestant its rite aid brand, guaifenesin 400mg/phenylephrine HCI 10MG when I am badly blocked up or have a heavy chest.

Staying warm and active is the best way to keep the lungs/nose clean so I hear.
Claritin didn't do anything for me, but that ZertX opened me up like 12 gauge shotty...Only lasts for 12 hrs at a time, but Zertx is the $hit...It had me breathing good again...
Old 2009-01-25, 00:09   Link #2472
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Claritin didn't do anything for me, but that ZertX opened me up like 12 gauge shotty...Only lasts for 12 hrs at a time, but Zertx is the $hit...It had me breathing good again...
Medication is funny like that some work some don't some have better/worse effects always be on the look out for rashes, hives,swelling, swallowing or breathing issues when taking new meds sometimes you never know if you are fully immune to them or not.

If I have a bad reaction to something its either hives or swelling of the soft tissue(lips,eye lids,ect) I don;t take many new meds so when I ahve the random break out of hives thigns can be interesting....then again my allergies have a mind of their own and like to paly double dare with my sinus's >>
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 09:19   Link #2473
klowny
OH NO

Silly Question: is it safe to eat an animal that you found dead in the woods?
klowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 09:44   Link #2474
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by klowny View Post
Silly Question: is it safe to eat an animal that you found dead in the woods?
depends on how long it has been dead, what might have killed it and the kind of animal ofc =P
you wouldn't want to eat anything that is already rotting, you wouldn't want to eat anything that might have bacteria from another animal on it cause then you'll get those things inside you as well lol if the animal is quite old then the meat is very juckie lol old meat never tastes good

overall i wouldn't recommend eating anything found dead even if it may look as if there is nothing wrong with the beast when you found it, cause it might have died of sickness and if you were to eat it you'd get sick yourself
Old 2009-01-25, 09:50   Link #2475
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Why do headaches cause nausea?
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 10:05   Link #2476
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

They cause nausea?
Old 2009-01-25, 17:55   Link #2477
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Severe pain of any kind can cause nausea. The body is trying to figure out whats wrong and the gut's contribution is to get rid of anything that might be poison.

Migraine headaches are particularly noted for nausea amongst other symptoms.
Old 2009-01-26, 04:44   Link #2478
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Severe pain of any kind can cause nausea. The body is trying to figure out whats wrong and the gut's contribution is to get rid of anything that might be poison.

Migraine headaches are particularly noted for nausea amongst other symptoms.
Well that sucks
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 13:22   Link #2479
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Well that sucks
Or you could say it blows.... but that would be a terrible joke...
Old 2009-01-26, 15:55   Link #2480
devil may cry
owner of ebony and ivory

is their a way to have an avitar that isnt in the pree chosen ones?
devil may cry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious