AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-27, 13:24   Link #221
heebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Blackbeard actually takes more damage from attacks than others, that is what makes him so impressive, Yomi yomi no mi grants wielder fantastic powers but it has pretty drastic drawback too.

If normal human would get yomi yomi no mi he would get himself killed probly in his first battle.

Having this fruit and enduring it truely speaks how great Blackbeards endurance really is. If enemy attacks with devil fruit he just have to take it and bear the pain before he can retaliate, it may hurt as hell and be very dangerous but it allows Blackbeard to have chance to counter every devil fruit user in world.
When was this stated? I don't remember anything like that ever mentioned in the series.
Old 2009-09-27, 13:30   Link #222
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by heebo View Post
When was this stated? I don't remember anything like that ever mentioned in the series.
It was mentioned by Blackbeard during his fight with Ace... he pointed out that due to the nature of the darkness logia, he can't phase through attacks like other logias and that he may take even more damage because it... He's a walking blackhole, and as such he takes in everything that's thrown at him
Old 2009-09-27, 13:40   Link #223
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
My guess is that Blackbeard just has a lot of physical endurance, so he takes every attack that comes at him. Sort of like how the CP9 guys often defended themselves with Tekkai, despite the fact that they're fast enough to evade every attack thrown at them. Personally, I think Teach is more badass because he doesn't rely on some fancy martial arts technique to endure huge blows.
Yeah I agree he's a badass with an incredible physical endurance but with the yomi yomi no mi even taking more damage then normal I just don't understand why he just takes every punch everyone throws out of him. I love it cause it really makes him look a badass who says whatever you dish out I can brush of and laugh at you but I just don't find it the most intelligent way of fighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
It was mentioned by Blackbeard during his fight with Ace... he pointed out that due to the nature of the darkness logia, he can't phase through attacks like other logias and that he may take even more damage because it... He's a walking blackhole, and as such he takes in everything that's thrown at him
You mean you think he can't dodge? His powers are like a magnet that makes every attack connect even if he wanted to dodge? If that would be the case it would at least explain why he never dodges.
Old 2009-09-27, 13:43   Link #224
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
Yeah I agree he's a badass with an incredible physical endurance but with the yomi yomi no mi even taking more damage then normal I just don't understand why he just takes every punch everyone throws out of him. I love it cause it really makes him look a badass who says whatever you dish out I can brush of and laugh at you but I just don't find it the most intelligent way of fighting.
Which is probably why Blackbeard sought to use the WG to kill Whitebeard . Fighting someone like Ace or even potentially an Admiral while having a negative stat modifier would be hard enough, but fighting someone like Whitebeard while taking more damage...that's a coffin waiting to be filled...

Quote:
You mean you think he can't dodge? His powers are like a magnet that makes every attack connect even if he wanted to dodge? If that would be the case it would at least explain why he never dodges.
I though his big round belly would be a sufficient excuse, but this is pretty good as well .
Old 2009-09-27, 14:00   Link #225
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I don't really see why that part is important. What he said only emphasizes the type of his ability, and it being similar to other non-logia, like Luffy or others. He can still be as durable as Garp, Roger, Rayleigh, or others. That does not mean his ability is the reason he takes more damage. He may be taking as much damage as he was taking before he obtained the ability. I only considered his statements as his new ability does not come with the advantage of avoiding direct hits by separating into his element particles, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Which is probably why Blackbeard sought to use the WG to kill Whitebeard . Fighting someone like Ace or even potentially an Admiral while having a negative stat modifier would be hard enough, but fighting someone like Whitebeard while taking more damage...that's a coffin waiting to be filled...
It still looks like a choice to me. And that means he can decide not to take the damage if he really wants. Also, the negative stat modifier you mentioned, does this count in his ability or not. Cause, with the ability added to his original self, he has only plus stat update compared to before.
Old 2009-09-27, 14:12   Link #226
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Yeah I agree he's a badass with an incredible physical endurance but with the yomi yomi no mi even taking more damage then normal I just don't understand why he just takes every punch everyone throws out of him.
His fruit is called the Yami Yami no mi. Get it right guys. Just kidding .

Quote:
Quote:
I though his big round belly would be a sufficient excuse, but this is pretty good as well .
You guys are crazy. He just hasn't felt like showcasing his incredible speed just yet.
Old 2009-09-27, 18:19   Link #227
Cinocard

Quote:
You guys are crazy. He just hasn't felt like showcasing his incredible speed just yet.
Doesn't it mean that he believed he could win against Ace without utilizing his full power, that he never really had had a chance to test how good it is before? That's quite a confidence.

Isn't that giving Blackbeard a little too much credit?
Old 2009-09-27, 20:12   Link #228
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

that battle was a while ago. he must me stronger now just like Luffy is growing so is he. learning some new tricks as a Suchibukia(can't spell).
Old 2009-09-27, 21:03   Link #229
SMASHERJACKSON

are we getting 559 this week?
Old 2009-09-27, 21:36   Link #230
Lightmgl

Seeing as BB's power is specifically to absorb into his body, isn't it very likely that absorbing attacks is his way of progressing his powers?

Those attacks are going into what constitutes "his body" but are not coming back out as we have not really seen him expel anything except what hes absorbed on his own. Its not too farfetched to imagine that every single time he absorbs damage he drastically increases his own power in some form. Perhaps this is even a clue to his future abilities, the ability to absorb and retaliate with the attacker's own powers? Or at least certainly convert the magnitude of their attacks into power for his own attacks. All of that energy is going somewhere, it isn't just vanishing.

If hes purposely eating attacks from the strongest people he runs into then there is definitely some motive for doing it. Whether it is simply normal human practice and pain tolerance or his body's resilience progresses much much more rapidly. I would love to see if Magellan splashed BB again if he would have some resistance to the poison the second time.

This concept also gives BB a workaround for "haki". While logia users cannot allow Haki to pass through them, BB would simply build up enough tolerance and resilience to become immune to the attacks outright. They just wouldn't hurt him because he'd absorb them with no damage.

Theres one other aspect of BB we are yet to see that I think will be key to his powers. What happens if he absorbs a person? Particularly a DF user or a Logia type. Theres no logical reason that he can't absorb a person, we've seem him absorb everything else and his crew certainly have a fear of being caught up in his attacks.
Old 2009-09-27, 22:02   Link #231
james0246

^Interesting idea, but I do not think there has been any real evidence to support it, and a little too Saiyajin for my taste (your theory, more or less, is that Blackbeard becomes stronger with the more damage he takes, similar to a Saiyajin's ability to evolve after a battle).

A fast and easy way to gain evidence for such a theory is for Blackbeard to fight an opponent a second time, and since he is currently in Impel Down, if Blackbeard now has an immunity (or some sort of resistance) to Magellan's poison, then that could show that Blackbeard abosrbs attacks.
Old 2009-09-27, 22:35   Link #232
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
^Interesting idea, but I do not think there has been any real evidence to support it, and a little too Saiyajin for my taste (your theory, more or less, is that Blackbeard becomes stronger with the more damage he takes, similar to a Saiyajin's ability to evolve after a battle).

A fast and easy way to gain evidence for such a theory is for Blackbeard to fight an opponent a second time, and since he is currently in Impel Down, if Blackbeard now has an immunity (or some sort of resistance) to Magellan's poison, then that could show that Blackbeard abosrbs attacks.
I think he was referring to that absorption ability, like when Blackbeard grabbed Ace and sucked up his energy so he and cancelled out his logia ability.

I'm not too sure about his theory, however I do think he's on to something. When I saw Blackbeard's ability to absorb logia users powers it didn't seem that impressive considering many people who can use haki can do the same thing. Other than the fact it saves you time and effort learning Haki I don't really see the advantage of being able to absorb the fruits energy. But if there is some kind of additional advantage to that technique such as the one's he mentioned I certainly see the use in using it.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2009-09-28, 00:13   Link #233
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
I think he was referring to that absorption ability, like when Blackbeard grabbed Ace and sucked up his energy so he and cancelled out his logia ability.

I'm not too sure about his theory, however I do think he's on to something. When I saw Blackbeard's ability to absorb logia users powers it didn't seem that impressive considering many people who can use haki can do the same thing. Other than the fact it saves you time and effort learning Haki I don't really see the advantage of being able to absorb the fruits energy. But if there is some kind of additional advantage to that technique such as the one's he mentioned I certainly see the use in using it.
actually last I checked, Haki appears only to enable a person to harm/touch a logia (and even this is not a confirmed fact). It doesn't absorb logia powers nor render the DF user without his DF abilities.

So in a sense, this fruit is still better. Not to mention the blackhole opening skills that could potentially be a 1hko.
Old 2009-09-28, 08:46   Link #234
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:

Yeah I agree, that would turn me off from Blackbeard even more. Especially if it applies to Haki as well, like he had said. Blackbeard's DF is very powerful, but the fact that it has a major drawback is why I like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
It still looks like a choice to me. And that means he can decide not to take the damage if he really wants. Also, the negative stat modifier you mentioned, does this count in his ability or not. Cause, with the ability added to his original self, he has only plus stat update compared to before.
I think he's talking about the fact that he's not intangible like other Logia's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Hey if Lucky Roux (the Fat dude in Red-Haired Shanks crew that's always eating) can be the fastest man in the seas, I don't see why Blackbeard can't do it. Though in all fairness, Blackbeard does seem more out of shape. But this is One Piece, anything is possible knowing Oda, he probably have Blackbeard absorb and expel himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
I don't really see why that part is important. What he said only emphasizes the type of his ability, and it being similar to other non-logia, like Luffy or others. He can still be as durable as Garp, Roger, Rayleigh, or others. That does not mean his ability is the reason he takes more damage. He may be taking as much damage as he was taking before he obtained the ability. I only considered his statements as his new ability does not come with the advantage of avoiding direct hits by separating into his element particles, etc.
Yeah I agree, was it ever verified that Blackbeard's ability was a Logia??? Because it seems more like a Paramecia to me.
Old 2009-09-28, 09:21   Link #235
heebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
Yeah I agree, was it ever verified that Blackbeard's ability was a Logia??? Because it seems more like a Paramecia to me.
Chapter 441 page 3 Black beard introduces his fruit "Logia 'Yami yami no mi."
Old 2009-09-28, 10:04   Link #236
cheese4u
da big boss

[QUOTE=Hisoka??;2669839]

Quote:
It doesn't absorb logia powers nor render the DF user without his DF abilities.
Neither does Blackbeard's ability, sure they lose their power when he touches them, but they get it right back after he lets them go.

What I was saying was how is that doing anymore than a regular haki attack:

Black hole: absorbs Ability, which enables you to touch your logia opponent

Haki: enables you to touch your logia opponent

How is that any different from Haki?
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2009-09-28, 10:17   Link #237
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMASHERJACKSON View Post
are we getting 559 this week?
If you're talking about the new chapter, I should hope so.
Old 2009-09-28, 10:20   Link #238
zaner

[QUOTE=cheese4u;2670503]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post

Neither does Blackbeard's ability, sure they lose their power when he touches them, but they get it right back after he lets them go.

Auctally it dose render then unuseable as long as he is touching them thats what BB was saying at least and what Ace was thinking
Old 2009-09-28, 10:21   Link #239
noktown

[QUOTE=cheese4u;2670503]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post

Well that's the point,as long as he touches them their ability is disabled,which means in Ace's case he couldn't just turn into fire and escape from his hand,while if he used Haki,he could still use his DF abilities to the fullest,Haki only enables the ability to touch DF's.

I'm sure Black Hole has more purpose in it than just disabling the DF ability,otherwise i don't see it being such of a threat.
Old 2009-09-28, 11:00   Link #240
shankss
CP10

Many people think of Blackbeard as an idiot for trading a full vortex logia body with logia drain powers.Im happy as he is.A full darkness logia would be impossible to deal with even for the author lol.I dont think anyone can materialize/haki-kick him to death while he is drowning into a black hole.
Closed Thread