AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-25, 21:47   Link #381
Sweetchinmusic

Man i love Prince Of Tennis toooooo much!!! lol. Spent the whole day well late night kinda playing FTST with my friends. It was soo exciting lol, but i realised that they left out a lot of characters, a lot of good characters as well, which kinda annoyed me!!! I wish they release another one soon with newer characters and stuff, maybe even the americans lol.
Sweetchinmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 05:08   Link #382
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetchinmusic
Man i love Prince Of Tennis toooooo much!!! lol. Spent the whole day well late night kinda playing FTST with my friends. It was soo exciting lol, but i realised that they left out a lot of characters, a lot of good characters as well, which kinda annoyed me!!! I wish they release another one soon with newer characters and stuff, maybe even the americans lol.
Which characters did they leave out? :O Other than Jyousei Shounan and the American team... they were probably left out because they're not "real" teams (they're not in the manga). And there are unlockable characters, but they're hard to get. ^_^ I've only unlocked Yukimura... but there are others like Ann and blonde-version Tachibana. I'm pretty sure you can play AGAINST Nanjiroh somehow, but I don't know if he's unlockable too... hmm....

Anyway, new Prince of Tennis things for March:

* Prince of Tennis musical "Dream Live 3rd" will be March 28~29. I wish I could go! But tickets sell so fast... tickets to Prince of Tennis musicals usually sell out in less than 30 minutes. It's insane... anyway, this one will feature Seigaku and Hyoutei. On a side note, it will be performed at Zepp Tokyo, which is the place often featured in the anime "Gravitation" ^_^; (the final scene of that anime was at Zepp Tokyo... )

* Two new CD singles:

Title: Kiichi no Hayakuchi Kotoba (Kiichi's quickly-spoken words)
Artist: Kuki Kiichi (a barely-known PoT character featured in a January PoT single, in which there was a joke around his name being hard to pronounce... same voice actor as Rikkaidai's Yanagi Renji, I think)
Release Date: March 15, 2006 (wednesday)
Price: 777 yen

Title: Start ~ Boku no Yukue~ (Start ~ The Place where I am)
Artist: Ibu Shinji (from Fudomine ^^)
Release date: March 15, 2006 (wednesday)
Price: 777 yen

* Volume 1 of "National Tournament" OVA comes out on DVD March 24. A cool-looking poster (possibly DVD cover) is on the official tenipuri site... as well as interesting pictures from the live-action PoT movie... (I can't believe how bad the Hyoutei in the movie looks!! Especially compared to the perfect Hyoutei from the musicals... I guess they want them to look more real and less anime-style so they can attract a wider audience or something?)

Yay, Prince of Tennis. ^_^ Always something new to keep the fans happy...
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 16:36   Link #383
Sweetchinmusic

Well those two teams i guess lol. But i loved the guy that says Change Over!!! and i cant remember any other characters lol. Also they left out the guy with the cap in Fudomine but i guess hes not that important lol. I havent properly played one player yet, but im going to start to soon.

I live in the UK, is it possible for me to get the OVAS on dvd? i would really buy them, but only if they came in subtitles. Also whats this live-action movie? If anyone knows of a place in New York (my bro is going there on wednesday) For anime and stuff id kindly appreciate it.

Thanks

And thanks for all the updates Domino!!!!!
Old 2006-02-26, 22:16   Link #384
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Well those two teams i guess lol. But i loved the guy that says Change Over!!! and i cant remember any other characters lol. Also they left out the guy with the cap in Fudomine but i guess hes not that important lol. I havent properly played one player yet, but im going to start to soon.

I live in the UK, is it possible for me to get the OVAS on dvd? i would really buy them, but only if they came in subtitles. Also whats this live-action movie? If anyone knows of a place in New York (my bro is going there on wednesday) For anime and stuff id kindly appreciate it.

Thanks

And thanks for all the updates Domino!!!!!

You can't get English subtitled PoT DVDs of any part of the series anywhere in the world. If you see English subbed DVDs, they are bootlegs, so don't buy them. ^_^ Prince of Tennis has not been licensed in any English-speaking countries (including the US and UK). You can buy the Japanese DVD, but it won't be subtitled. Hopefully someone will fansub it. It will take years and years for English DVDs to get to that point in the anime even if PoT gets licensed...

The live-action movie is coming to theaters this year in Japan. It at least includes Seigaku and Hyoutei. The Seigaku members will be the same cast as in the most recent PoT musicals. The rest will be different... which is upsetting, since the musical-version Hyoutei was SO perfect (Click here to see a video of their intro... you can watch this and many more Tenimyu videos on this site by searching for "Tenimyu"). Ryoma will be played by the person who played young version of Sho (Gackt's character) in the movie "Moonchild". Rest of cast includes random former Tenimyu cast members, random J-pop girls, and a creepy-looking new character rumored to be a Hyoutei member...
Old 2006-02-27, 16:40   Link #385
Sweetchinmusic

Hey Domino you know about Gackt? I started listening to his stuff recently lol, hes quite good!!! Hmm i know they dont have it fansubbed, means im just gonna have to buy the original in japanese lol, and then not watch it!!!! Just keep it as display on my shelf or something lol.

The Live-Action movie is basically a musical? Thats what i got from your description lol. Im starting to fall in love with PoT all over again lol, i really wish that they did fansub the stuff though! Or the other option is to learn Japanese lol which by the time i did that they would probably all be fansubbed lol.

Can you recommend a decent website with which i can order part 1 of the OVAS?

Thanks
Old 2006-02-27, 18:28   Link #386
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Hey Domino you know about Gackt? I started listening to his stuff recently lol, hes quite good!!! Hmm i know they dont have it fansubbed, means im just gonna have to buy the original in japanese lol, and then not watch it!!!! Just keep it as display on my shelf or something lol.

The Live-Action movie is basically a musical? Thats what i got from your description lol. Im starting to fall in love with PoT all over again lol, i really wish that they did fansub the stuff though! Or the other option is to learn Japanese lol which by the time i did that they would probably all be fansubbed lol.

Can you recommend a decent website with which i can order part 1 of the OVAS?

Thanks
The Live-Action movie will NOT be a musical, but will have the same ACTORS from the PoT musicals. ^_^

And of course there is no fansub yet since these things aren't even out in Japan yet. There will probably be a fansub eventually, but if you don't want to wait you can buy the Japanese DVDs. ^_^

I found one English website that has the OVA listed for pre-order... they sell it on this website, along with LOTS of other Prince of Tennis CDs/DVDs... ^_^
Old 2006-02-27, 21:00   Link #387
reflection
gyabo!~

Send a message via MSN to reflection
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
The Live-Action movie will NOT be a musical, but will have the same ACTORS from the PoT musicals. ^_^
That sort of suggests that all the tennis may end up being special effects more than anything, unless they can actually play. -o- Although it'd look great, nonetheless, if they can pull off the type of action- shots(in the filming sense) they had in the animated movie. Hoping for something good. Looking forward to it.
Old 2006-02-27, 21:12   Link #388
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflection
That sort of suggests that all the tennis may end up being special effects more than anything, unless they can actually play. -o- Although it'd look great, nonetheless, if they can pull off the type of action- shots(in the filming sense) they had in the animated movie. Hoping for something good. Looking forward to it.

They manage to make it look cool when they "play tennis" in the musicals (even if they arent really using a ball), so I have faith in them. ^_^ And a lot of the cast members have previous tennis experience, plus lots of training for the musicals/movie. One of the actors was a national-level player. ^_^ They're surprisingly skilled.

And I'm happy to hear that the Prince of Tennis musicals' popularity has sprouted good acting careers for its cast members. A lot have been starring in Japanese TV dramas lately. The actors who will play Tezuka, Oishi, and Kikumaru in the live action movie will be starring in another movie coming out in Japan this summer. Oh yeah... and the guy who played Inui in the first cast will be in this summer's Death Note live action movie. ^^ Yay~
Old 2006-02-28, 16:00   Link #389
Sweetchinmusic

Hang on lol, went on the site and it said that the total running time was 25 minutes!!! dont tell me that they releasing each episode seperately???? please dont say that lol.

I have to admit the way they make matches look in the musicals are good, even when they dont have a tennis ball there lol. On the Seigaku vs Hyotei one they used a light acting as the ball. Was pretty good, and looked okay.
Old 2006-02-28, 21:23   Link #390
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Hang on lol, went on the site and it said that the total running time was 25 minutes!!! dont tell me that they releasing each episode seperately???? please dont say that lol.

I have to admit the way they make matches look in the musicals are good, even when they dont have a tennis ball there lol. On the Seigaku vs Hyotei one they used a light acting as the ball. Was pretty good, and looked okay.
Yep, 1 episode per OVA DVD. ^_^ Japanese DVDs are always like that.... expensive, have a short running time, and few extras. o_x In fact, they release the Prince of Tennis DVD extras on SEPARATE DVDs instead of including them with the TV anime DVDs. T__T Stingy jerks.

So we'll have to wait very slowly for the rest of the anime to come out. ~_~ Episode by episode... I think they'll release 1 DVD every other month...

All of the musicals use light as the "ball" ^^ Or sometimes a picture of a ball moving on a screen behind everyone, which is how they did Tsubame Gaeshi... it looked really cool.
Old 2006-03-01, 06:52   Link #391
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

how well did prince of tennis movie do in japan? i found it to be horrible. why did they even think about giving ryoma a brother or cousin or whatever he really is. were they trying to appeal to women? normally konami has their ducks in a row, but this was.... i dont know what this was.... seems to me a bad attempt to milk the franchise.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 19:12   Link #392
Sweetchinmusic

Still havent seen the movie yet lol, Dont really want to now though after all the bad reviews its recieved!! lol. Are they going to sub the mini movie after it?
Old 2006-03-01, 19:16   Link #393
Sweetchinmusic

Cant believe one episode per DVD lol. Its 22 pounds for me to get one episode!!! that is too expensive, but i may just have to do it lol for PoT sake. There are 7 episodes yeah? Isnt that a bit small if they are going to show all of the Nationals? And i saw some new characters on the Covers i think.

I really dont understand why they just dont do another season lol. Do you know anywhere where i can buy Memorabilia? Like keyrings and stuff like that?
Old 2006-03-02, 06:59   Link #394
virgopalz

haha..they are NOT 7 episodes but 7 SEASONS..which means there should be 100++ episodes..haha..7 episodes is definitely TOO short..and by reading the manga i think it has already taken up more than 7 episodes..haha..well..i cant seem to get much of POT except to wait for book 32 to reach spore so i can read..haha..
virgopalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 07:00   Link #395
Eclipze

If you're talking about OVA's (nationals), its 7 episodes.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 18:57   Link #396
Sweetchinmusic

It is only 7 episodes right?? Virgopals getting me all excited lol. Well i havent even read the first manga yet, so i guess ive still got that aspect to look forward to. Why is there so little episodes for the OVAs anyway? (secretly praying Virgopals is right lol)
Old 2006-03-04, 16:47   Link #397
firstdayofwinter
kenken icon by athena8

the new cast of live action POT3 something looks good to me

http://www.mmv.co.jp/products/flyer/...cal/index.html
(it's ok to link right?)

i think that tezuka and atobe look edible *drools*

and *does* anybody know whether atobe no okurimono's going to be subbed/being subbed?
firstdayofwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 08:49   Link #398
Sweetchinmusic

I wish they would sub all the movies and musicals etc lol.

Has anyone preordered the 1st Episode of the OVA?
Old 2006-03-17, 15:12   Link #399
domino
デレデレ

PoT (Tenipuri, for those who haven't caught on to its Japanese abbreviation yet...) news of the month~

* Tenipuri OVA volume 1 (of 7, I think) comes out March 24. You can view the front and back covers on the link, or order it. 37 minutes, $33.

* New DVD announced! There will be a "making of" DVD for the live action Tenipuri movie with behind-the-scenes info and stuff on the special effects, etc. They must've put a lot of work into this movie if they're releasing the extras on its own special DVD. This makes me want the movie even more!! ^_^ This DVD is called Tennis no Oujisama: Navigate. It's about $21. I want ~

* The next album released was announced! The next character to get his own full album is Rikkaidai's vice captain, Sanada Genichirou. ^_^

Not quite related to Prince of Tennis:

* some of the Prince of Tennis musical cast will be playing major voice roles in the upcoming Air Gear anime

Edit: OVA series now has a website. Volume 1 is just one episode with extras. First press comes with event ticket, photo set, and collectable stub (collect stubs from every volume of OVA for a reward~). Also contains seiyuu commentary and character commentary.

OVA volume 2 comes out May 26 and will contain 2 episodes. Looks like all volumes except vol 1 will be 2 episodes. Meaning the OVA series will be like 13 episodes! The length of a small TV anime! ^_^

Last edited by domino; 2006-03-17 at 19:35.
Old 2006-03-20, 15:21   Link #400
Sweetchinmusic

So it is really going to be that small??!!! Ahhh i want it to be longer lol.

What are these things you get with the first volume? So if i get it a bit later will i not get these things? Also if i order from CD Japan will i get these promotional things?

Soz for all the questions lol.

Oh also they wont have subtitles will they? Or will they???

Tags
tennis