AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-12-06, 13:11   Link #2361
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Well .. I tend to favor the less fan-servicey ones .. Of course with dakis that's usually not the case but I was hoping for one where Nanoha got her clothes on

In ebay I searched with '' Nanoha Dakimakura '' and the only ones that came up that had Adult ver. in them were that one that you linked me to and another one ... But both fan-service type. That's why maybe custom made would be best with the same seller you linked me to, it says in the description I can send him an image of what I want but it would need to be high res and actually a fitting for daki .. If you find any good looking ones on image boards then please do post. Or if you can find some of the official Nanoha dakis that are already sold out, but the image used in them from somewhere then that would be great.
Old 2010-12-06, 13:17   Link #2362
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
The pic I was talking about: http://oreno.imouto.org/post/show/8460/

Pretty sure it's from an official daki, and as such it's scanned to that size (15 megs should be big enough!). She's fully clothed, too, just showing off some leg, so I think it's perfect for you.

Last edited by 00-Raiser; 2010-12-06 at 13:38.
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 23:04   Link #2363
motaku96
もたく

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Well .. I tend to favor the less fan-servicey ones .. Of course with dakis that's usually not the case but I was hoping for one where Nanoha got her clothes on

In ebay I searched with '' Nanoha Dakimakura '' and the only ones that came up that had Adult ver. in them were that one that you linked me to and another one ... But both fan-service type. That's why maybe custom made would be best with the same seller you linked me to, it says in the description I can send him an image of what I want but it would need to be high res and actually a fitting for daki .. If you find any good looking ones on image boards then please do post. Or if you can find some of the official Nanoha dakis that are already sold out, but the image used in them from somewhere then that would be great.
*ahem* Depending on how much of a stickler you are for official products, I think this one might be to your liking. Do keep in mind that most dakis on ebay are not official(eg bootleg), but that shouldn't stop you from checking them out. I have 3 Nanoha dakis that I bought off ebay myself. If you want official, you should expect it to be upwards of $200. In the end, it's just a piece of cloth with a character printed on it. If I ever buy an official daki, I sure as hell am not going to use it. That stuff goes in a safe.

Protip: Satin is great, but Peach skin is more durable and feels almost as good between your bare loins. Also cheaper.

EDIT: Okay, so maybe I didn't see your first post. So it seems you actually want adult Nanoha, non-ero, and you don't mind unofficial.

This one might be alright for what you're looking for. Not too ecchi.
Ebay link 1
Ebay link 2
Ebay link 3
Ebay link 4

Btw, keep in mind that since you're buying unofficial dakis, you shouldn't be paying more than $30~$40 a piece.
Lemme know if I can be of anymore service. Kamen Daki is always here to help~!

Also,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
I have this one. It's my favorite so far. XD

Last edited by motaku96; 2010-12-06 at 23:24.
motaku96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 23:09   Link #2364
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

@Motaku96.

He only wants the StrikerS version.

Edit: well, the bottom 4 are fine.
Old 2010-12-07, 03:30   Link #2365
Dist

$200

There goes down my dreams of buying an official daki .. Too expensive for my wallet until I get a job ... and even then I don't know ..

Well the bottom 4 are StrikerS alright but ... Maybe it's the pose or something, none of them look good to my eye. Well the first one is so-so but still .. Why is Fate clearly so much more popular that she has much more of merchandise related to her ;<

I found one image though that I could ask to be made to a custom daki .. It was from the S1 though so not StrikerS ver. but it looks good enough... Only, I still live at home ... I swear my mum is gonna think there's something seriously wrong with me if my next daki has 3rd graders in it

Edit : Only now I noticed what 00-raiser posted .. That doesn't look too bad, might see if I can request custom image with the one I found on one side, and that one on the other side so it has both young and adult ver. in it.
Old 2010-12-07, 09:56   Link #2366
motaku96
もたく

Quote:
$200

There goes down my dreams of buying an official daki .. Too expensive for my wallet until I get a job ... and even then I don't know ..

Well the bottom 4 are StrikerS alright but ... Maybe it's the pose or something, none of them look good to my eye. Well the first one is so-so but still .. Why is Fate clearly so much more popular that she has much more of merchandise related to her ;<

I found one image though that I could ask to be made to a custom daki .. It was from the S1 though so not StrikerS ver. but it looks good enough... Only, I still live at home ... I swear my mum is gonna think there's something seriously wrong with me if my next daki has 3rd graders in it

Edit : Only now I noticed what 00-raiser posted .. That doesn't look too bad, might see if I can request custom image with the one I found on one side, and that one on the other side so it has both young and adult ver. in it.
Well, I'm taking into account that they'd be out of print. Retail for official dakimakuras is around $100~$150. It will almost never be below $100 though.

Anyway, I agree with you that the ones I posted don't look all that appetizing.
And Fate does tend to get more lovin'. Fate products tend to get re-releases too.
'Tis a shame.

Anyway, depending on how cool your mum is, you should be fine. My mom actually helped me tuck in my dakimakura. It was priceless. XD

Good luck with your thing. Hope it turns out great.
Old 2010-12-09, 07:57   Link #2367
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Guys... can anyone tell me what's on the second Bluray of the Limited Edition? I bought it, but I don't own a Bluray player yet.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 12:52   Link #2368
lightl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Guys... can anyone tell me what's on the second Bluray of the Limited Edition? I bought it, but I don't own a Bluray player yet.
basically promo vids etc, like interview with Va and some stuff from japan expo in paris
lightl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 12:58   Link #2369
motaku96
もたく

Can I say it here? My package arrived
It's like heaven all over again~

Old 2010-12-13, 08:12   Link #2370
fool348

Quote:
Originally Posted by motaku96 View Post
Can I say it here? My package arrived
It's like heaven all over again~

Would that order happen to be from cdjapan, and including the "CDJapan Exclusive Photo Prints" and clear file bonus items?

I got my order two weeks ago and it only included the clear file as a bonus.
fool348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 18:22   Link #2371
motaku96
もたく

Quote:
Originally Posted by fool348 View Post
Would that order happen to be from cdjapan, and including the "CDJapan Exclusive Photo Prints" and clear file bonus items?

I got my order two weeks ago and it only included the clear file as a bonus.
Yup it is. Are you sure the print wasn't in there? I had trouble finding mine at first too since it was pretty small. If it was missing from your package, you could've emailed cdjapan to let them know, and they might send you a replacement. This is the first time I bought from cdjapan so I'm not sure how nice they are, but one time I bought a Nyan Type from HobbySearch, and it was missing the extra Nanoha insert bonus item. So I emailed them, saying so, and they sent the bonus to me through ems free of charge.
Old 2010-12-15, 06:36   Link #2372
Dist

Some of the Nanoha merchandise I bought just arrived. Has anyone else ever bought mousepads off HLJ ? I really gotta question what their purpose is supposed to be ? I bought two, Nanoha themed, and they're so thin that there's no way you can use them. Since they're thin and lightweight, they will move around as you move your mouse ._.
Old 2010-12-15, 14:14   Link #2373
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Some of the Nanoha merchandise I bought just arrived. Has anyone else ever bought mousepads off HLJ ? I really gotta question what their purpose is supposed to be ? I bought two, Nanoha themed, and they're so thin that there's no way you can use them. Since they're thin and lightweight, they will move around as you move your mouse ._.
I bought those myself. Hasn't arrived yet, but I imagine taping them to your desk will work if you really want to use them. I bought mine for collection sake.
Old 2010-12-15, 15:31   Link #2374
Dist

Nah likely will be the start of my collection along with the other merchandise I got, but I had to of course try them after seeing how thin they are.. They really can't be called mouse pads .. Well you'll see when you get yours.

On the picture that motaku96 posted .. What is that Nanoha magazine that says Type ? Also are there any Nanoha artbooks available ? I'm aware of those two that are in HLJ for example, but they are just .. Well, collection of illustrations from Megami Magazine if I recall correctly. Since I have nearly all Nanoha posters from Megami Magazines, I don't want those.
Old 2010-12-16, 18:23   Link #2375
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Just pre-ordered the Caro figma. I used Amiami this time since the preorder discount was 20% while HLJ's was only 10%.

Also, I noticed that Beach Queen Subaru is on sale for 57% off. Now this is the sort of price I'd be willing to pay for such a figure, but I don't think I'll get it. I just don't like how the head looks...
Old 2010-12-16, 23:59   Link #2376
motaku96
もたく

Quote:
On the picture that motaku96 posted .. What is that Nanoha magazine that says Type ? Also are there any Nanoha artbooks available ? I'm aware of those two that are in HLJ for example, but they are just .. Well, collection of illustrations from Megami Magazine if I recall correctly. Since I have nearly all Nanoha posters from Megami Magazines, I don't want those.
It's Nanoha Type, a special magazine that was released in November to go with the movie. It's like a Nyan Type only thicker and featuring nothing but Nanoha. Information on the movie, the new game, merchandise, etc. I'm afraid it's sold out almost everywhere now. It got sold out at HS and I bought the last one at CDJapan.

Well, there's the StrikerS sketch books. I have them both. Cool stuff, but if you're looking for full color poster material, then it's not for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Also, I noticed that Beach Queen Subaru is on sale for 57% off. Now this is the sort of price I'd be willing to pay for such a figure, but I don't think I'll get it. I just don't like how the head looks...
I actually like Wave's Subaru quite a bit. My favorite out of their set. Not gonna buy it myself though.
Old 2010-12-17, 00:04   Link #2377
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I checked out the Beach Queens image with all five girls... I think they should've given Fate a unique swimsuit design. From what I can see, it's just a blue version of Nanoha's bikini. Kind of a cop-out if you ask me.
Old 2010-12-17, 00:46   Link #2378
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

They were released at the same time.
Old 2010-12-17, 00:57   Link #2379
Dist

Quote:
Originally Posted by motaku96 View Post
It's Nanoha Type, a special magazine that was released in November to go with the movie. It's like a Nyan Type only thicker and featuring nothing but Nanoha. Information on the movie, the new game, merchandise, etc. I'm afraid it's sold out almost everywhere now. It got sold out at HS and I bought the last one at CDJapan.
Ah thanks. And no problem regarding availability, it's up on Amazon where I buy all my anime related magazines anyway. I guess I'll grab it with my next order as it sounds good enough. NyanType comes typically with 18 posters though, does this one have any merchandise at all with it ?

And as for the sketches, I guess they're not for me then. Kinda weird that there's no artbooks for as popular series as this, only compilations of already released images on magazines ;<
Old 2010-12-17, 01:06   Link #2380
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Kinda weird that there's no artbooks for as popular series as this, only compilations of already released images on magazines ;<
That's generally what an artbook is. A compilation of previously released art.

Not always, but it's rare for a company to make an art book with entirely new artwork.