AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 59 Rating
Perfect 10 27 52.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 27.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 9.80%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 9.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-31, 21:06   Link #21
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Way, I did not see Mustang losing his eyesight at all. I thought it was always organs and alike. Guess they took his ocular nerves and all. I also didn't know what they took from Izumi either. Truth sure is a frakker.

Okay, how can someone be forced to do a transmutation like that? This makes no sense.
Old 2010-05-31, 21:59   Link #22
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Way, I did not see Mustang losing his eyesight at all. I thought it was always organs and alike. Guess they took his ocular nerves and all. I also didn't know what they took from Izumi either. Truth sure is a frakker.

Okay, how can someone be forced to do a transmutation like that? This makes no sense.
Pride, having swallowed Kimblee, has an alchemist's knowledge and thus was able to activate the transmutation circle. They used Goldtooth as the, er, subject of human transmutation, I guess you could say? Roy was in the circle so he was the one who went through the gate and paid the toll.
Old 2010-05-31, 23:24   Link #23
Vicious108

Basically Pride was the one who did the transmutation (and thus has also suffered some consequences as seen by his decaying flesh in this episode) but since Mustang was in the center of the transmutation circle with his hands pinned down against it and thus in contact with it, he was also a part of it and Pride and Mustang did it together, even if with the latter it was forcibly. Kinda like how Ed and Al both did their human transmutation together.

At least, that's my interpretation of it. I don't think it was ever fully explained how the process truly worked.

Also, I'm pretty sure it wasn't Kimblee Wrath was refering to when he said Pride had assimilated an alchemist who possessed the knowledge of human transmutation. First of all because I can't see Kimblee having that kind of knowledge or any interest in acquiring it. Second because Wrath had absolutely no way of knowing Pride had swallowed Kimblee, since that was the first time they talked after it happened.

The alchemist Wrath's refering to is Goldtooth himself I think. Much like Pride could enter Al's mind by wrapping his shadowy "tentacles" around, doing it with Goldtooth must've given him his knowledge.
Old 2010-05-31, 23:32   Link #24
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

AW DAM! Memorial day (in the US) felt so much like Sunday I totally forgot that a new EP of FMA was out today.... lol... watching now
Old 2010-06-01, 00:48   Link #25
Rika24
EdWin, Royai, & RoyEd Fan

Send a message via AIM to Rika24 Send a message via MSN to Rika24 Send a message via Yahoo to Rika24
loved the ep, just as much as i loved the chapter
Old 2010-06-01, 01:22   Link #26
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
@Haladflire65: This isn't fair & doesn't make sense. To me that how could that Pride killed Dr evil goldtooth for good until both pride & Wrath takes over his place & make Mustang gone blind?

Is this exactly what Pride is all about right?

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2010-06-01 at 02:24. Reason: Why should i need to double post IF there somebody didn't replied my comments, i'll be paranoid.
Old 2010-06-01, 02:30   Link #27
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
@Haladflire65: This isn't fair & doesn't make sense. To me that how could that Pride killed Dr evil goldtooth for good until both pride & Wrath takes over his place & make Mustang gone blind?

Is this exactly what Pride is all about right?
Yeah it IS quite unfair, that's what Ed was ranting about.
And Pride also paid his price.
Old 2010-06-01, 03:51   Link #28
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Aw man that sucks so much, Mustang went blind. Oh well, at least he still has the ever sweet Riza right?
Old 2010-06-01, 04:12   Link #29
LMN

I have a question. I'm a bit confuse on one part. with Al went through the gate, he got the chance to reunite with his body to get back what he lost, but then what about Izumi & Ed.
Old 2010-06-01, 04:34   Link #30
Dead Cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Basically Pride was the one who did the transmutation (and thus has also suffered some consequences as seen by his decaying flesh in this episode) but since Mustang was in the center of the transmutation circle with his hands pinned down against it and thus in contact with it, he was also a part of it and Pride and Mustang did it together, even if with the latter it was forcibly. Kinda like how Ed and Al both did their human transmutation together.
Also Lin and Envy didn't transmutate anything when they went through the gate in the Gluttony arc. And Mei said that if Hawkeye tried to save Mustang she'd get sucked in. So in this case Pride was the one who transmutated but since they didn't use the philosopher's stone, Mustang had to pay the toll.
Old 2010-06-01, 09:11   Link #31
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Ah...I see. They made it sound like Mustand was forced to do it, but he didn't. They just used him as the toll. Didn't think a homunculus could transmutate, must be the original series clouding my judgment.
Old 2010-06-01, 11:27   Link #32
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I now see how Mustang was going to be used in the first place, I figured Father had a back up plan since like I said in epi 58, it didnt seem like this plan would work. Damn poor Mustang

"Something bad is coming"

Me: what the hell could be worse then Bradley???

*Pride drops in*

Me: Oh, him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009
Since when has anything in this series been fair? Thats what makes it great.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-06-01, 12:01   Link #33
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
"Something bad is coming"

Me: what the hell could be worse then Bradley???

*Pride drops in*

Me: Oh, him.
I completely forgot about Pride at this point in the manga (i was a bit focused on the current events at hand), so i'm glad that effect is still there for the adaptation.
Old 2010-06-01, 12:32   Link #34
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Since when has anything in this series been fair? Thats what makes it great.
I just meant that How could that Pride killed his own partner like when was the last time we saw Gluttony & Kimblee being eaten by Pride? Like Dec4Rhapsody said,

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
Yeah it IS quite unfair, that's what Ed was ranting about.
And Pride also paid his price.
And I think the Homonculus set Dr goldtooth's up. No wonder Pride killed his own enemy.
Old 2010-06-01, 12:35   Link #35
kitten320

I thought the title of this episode made it kinda clear of what was about to happen.
Old 2010-06-01, 13:07   Link #36
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
I just meant that How could that Pride killed his own partner like when was the last time we saw Gluttony & Kimblee being eaten by Pride? Like Dec4Rhapsody said,

And I think the Homonculus set Dr goldtooth's up. No wonder Pride killed his own enemy.
I see, I didnt read all the way up, thanks for the explanation. Yeah it was obvious he was set up, since I didnt know that watching 58 thats why I originally questioned Father's plan. I kinda forgot about Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I completely forgot about Pride at this point in the manga (i was a bit focused on the current events at hand), so i'm glad that effect is still there for the adaptation.
Id totally forgotten about him! Actually when I saw the eyes and I thought maybe it was Father til you see the legs drop and its obviously Pride and then I was like...theyre screwed
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-06-01, 13:16   Link #37
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Didn't think a homunculus could transmutate, must be the original series clouding my judgment.
Yes that was a first series thing but I should clarify that none of the homunculus are alchemists. Pride was only able to do it after he absorbed Kimbley (and I am assuming he has to absorb Goldtooth to know how to do a human transmutation).

If you remember when we first met Selim (before we know he is Pride) he says he wants to learn alchemy to help father. A little bit of foreshadowing there.
Old 2010-06-01, 15:10   Link #38
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I hadn't forgotten about Pride, but I didn't expect he'd show up right there. I'm with Ed it really is ridiculously unfair. Mustang keeps fighting and refuses to open the gate and still ends up like that. Of course as anyone knows life really isn't fair. How the heck is he going to run a country in that state? Olivier better survive now since she's pretty much got the new leader position in the bag. A pretty damn effective way to eliminate one of the most powerful threats.

A pretty tough situation now to deal with. Hohenheim is unable to do anything, Mustang can't see, and now Father has all the sacrifices needed to start his plan up. This is definitely not a good spot.
Old 2010-06-01, 18:08   Link #39
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Maybe the following statement will make me look old lol but was anyone here reminded of the opening scene of Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom in relation to the scene where Mei Ling was trying to catch the liquid philosopher stone and she couldn't cause it was kicked all over the place just as she got closer to it?

In temple of Doom it was this chick trying to get some sort of jewel or something like that if I recall correctly:

Spoiler for PICTURES:

The moment I saw that scene in this EP of FMA ...I was immediately reminded of T.O.D. ... maybe because it was one of the first movies I ever saw as a child and because that was the first time I fell in love with a hot movie actress.. I was like 4-5yo LOL

Last edited by CuXe; 2010-06-01 at 19:03.
Old 2010-06-01, 22:43   Link #40
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
Maybe the following statement will make me look old lol but was anyone here reminded of the opening scene of Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom in relation to the scene where Mei Ling was trying to catch the liquid philosopher stone and she couldn't cause it was kicked all over the place just as she got closer to it?

In temple of Doom it was this chick trying to get some sort of jewel or something like that if I recall correctly:

Spoiler for PICTURES:

The moment I saw that scene in this EP of FMA ...I was immediately reminded of T.O.D. ... maybe because it was one of the first movies I ever saw as a child and because that was the first time I fell in love with a hot movie actress.. I was like 4-5yo LOL
Temple of Doom sucked (although not as bad as Crystal Skull), so I hadn't thought of that scene, but there were certainly similarities. Of course, it's not that uncommon a trope. I'd be willing to bet it's got a decent sized entry over on TV Tropes.