AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

View Poll Results: Eden of the East - Episode 11 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 65 43.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 24.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 14.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 8.72%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 5.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.34%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.67%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.67%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-23, 21:08   Link #161
saravis

That was entertaining, but damn there are still way too many questions that need answered. Hopefully Production IG will answer them properly in the movies, otherwise this story could really fall flat from a lack of coherency. Still they should have done a better job of timing the release of the movie with the ending of the series. Leaving too much time in between one and the other could make connecting the dots more difficult. Unless, which is probably the case, they're timing the release of the movie with the release of the series on DVD.
Old 2009-06-24, 02:46   Link #162
klare

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
Still they should have done a better job of timing the release of the movie with the ending of the series. Leaving too much time in between one and the other could make connecting the dots more difficult. Unless, which is probably the case, they're timing the release of the movie with the release of the series on DVD.
i feel the same, but between now and November i think i will rewatch the series again, i think i missed some details here and there

to me the series is one of the best in 2009

Spoiler for as for eps 11:
Old 2009-06-24, 19:39   Link #163
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
That was entertaining, but damn there are still way too many questions that need answered. Hopefully Production IG will answer them properly in the movies, otherwise this story could really fall flat from a lack of coherency. Still they should have done a better job of timing the release of the movie with the ending of the series. Leaving too much time in between one and the other could make connecting the dots more difficult. Unless, which is probably the case, they're timing the release of the movie with the release of the series on DVD.
It has already been predicted/estimated that the last disc will come out either at the same time or close to the release of the first film.

As far as I know these are going to be full feature films so we have to wait for the DVD/Blueray of the movie before we can watch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
i feel the same, but between now and November i think i will rewatch the series again, i think i missed some details here and there

to me the series is one of the best in 2009

Spoiler for as for eps 11:
spoiler response:

I wasn't worried so much. As a matter-of-fact it seemed like the Neets were more afraid of the girls. And did you catch what Micchon said?

"They are only interested in 2d girls"
Old 2009-06-25, 06:58   Link #164
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

the "only interested in 2d girls" joke is running rampant. After "Hayate no gotoku" and "Zetsubo sensei": Higashi no Eden!

Old 2009-06-25, 19:11   Link #165
Jarmel

There are two questions really left. Why did he Takizawa wipe his memories again if he did? The other is who is XII? It seems any reason why he would wipe his memory again is pretty weak in of itself.
Old 2009-06-26, 07:48   Link #166
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

There are many unresolved questions imho, not just two. However I guess there wouldn't be any point on the two movies that are going to be released if everything was solved already.

My only hope is that the movie will actually provide a conclusion to the mystery and to the romance. I'm not 100% sure of that, but only time will give a definitive answer.

Old 2009-06-26, 08:09   Link #167
nimbus_andy

Pantsu, he lives!?!!!!!
Old 2009-06-27, 10:55   Link #168
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
There are many unresolved questions imho, not just two. However I guess there wouldn't be any point on the two movies that are going to be released if everything was solved already.

My only hope is that the movie will actually provide a conclusion to the mystery and to the romance. I'm not 100% sure of that, but only time will give a definitive answer.
One thing I've learned about watching TV and anime is that not every question is going to be answered. This is much less likely to happen in books but in a televised format I guess there are restrictions and stuff that go into the production that will cut out what the directors and producers feel are unnecessary. Do we need to know who Mr.Outside is? Mr.Outside at this point doesn't really influence the plot as say XII who it seems is most likely the Supporter. We also don't even know if the movies are a continuation yet. If the movies are just recap then I'm going with my original idea that he got his memories back but who knows.
Old 2009-06-27, 13:51   Link #169
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

That's true, but as my personal taste goes, my opinion of a show who involves mysteries is strictly connected with its ability to give a plausible explanation to all of them in the end.

Should such a lack of answers be an overlooked hole or a willed choice it really doesn't bother me the least, my judgment will be the same.

As for Mr Outside, it's been already said who he is, I'm not really looking for seeing a face. What I'm looking for is an explanations for events that do not really make sense as they are now.

Old 2009-06-28, 06:44   Link #170
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbus_andy View Post
Pantsu, he lives!?!!!!!
I think it was pretty weak to make him live. It was just too feel goody goody. When he died I was all "NOOoO! Pantsu!" And for them to bring him back is just cheesy writing.

This is the second time this series that the show has played the audience for a fool. The first time with Ooshugi which I think was understandable. Like I've said before the entire cast of characters also thought is was Ooshugi. So you were experiencing things from Takizawa's POV.

But to bring back a character left for dead? This series was better than that.
Old 2009-06-28, 11:44   Link #171
Rawr:3
Kabang. ★

Send a message via AIM to Rawr:3
Ack. One of the animes that I found very hard to follow and understand = = I know it was aiming for more of an political view of the whole plot, but it was quite miserable for me to do it.

...Thus, there will be a movie LOL. Anticipating it x3;;

But for now, a 7/10 for this whole series, although I give the ending a 9/10.
Old 2009-06-28, 11:46   Link #172
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
I think it was pretty weak to make him live. It was just too feel goody goody. When he died I was all "NOOoO! Pantsu!" And for them to bring him back is just cheesy writing.

This is the second time this series that the show has played the audience for a fool. The first time with Ooshugi which I think was understandable. Like I've said before the entire cast of characters also thought is was Ooshugi. So you were experiencing things from Takizawa's POV.

But to bring back a character left for dead? This series was better than that.
Have to agree with this, I hate hate hate it when death is used in this matter, and I too felt cheapened out when I found out Pantsu lived. One of the few things I didn't like about EotE.
Also, does this mean Pantsu's Society Computer is flawed after all?

Last edited by Tamad; 2009-06-28 at 19:24.
Old 2009-06-28, 11:50   Link #173
saravis

You have to wonder if the taxi driver has some sort of significance, with the way they showed him a couple of times. He looked like an old man, maybe he's Mr Outsider or 12 or both.
Old 2009-06-28, 12:25   Link #174
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
Perhaps that's meant to signify something...?
Old 2009-06-28, 14:00   Link #175
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Perhaps that's meant to signify something...?
Are you actually asking or are you just being snarky? Either way I figured that much was obvious at this point.
Old 2009-06-28, 14:36   Link #176
Raiga
tl;dr

Nono I was seriously just wondering out loud. You know, wondering if it meant to say something about the reliability of making predictions on society or something to that effect. And also whether than indicates anything about the repeated "NEET" predictions from the computer, earlier on (maybe he wasn't actually destined to be a NEET?).
Old 2009-06-28, 14:40   Link #177
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It turns out then that Tamad's the one being snarky
Old 2009-06-28, 15:05   Link #178
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Indeed, karma comes back to bite me in the ass. Sorry!

But I agree, it could quite possibly mean that the movement of society as a whole can't be predicted, no matter how great the technology claims to be. I really hope the society computer gets a little more focus during the movies, because it was a program that interested me and didn't really play a big part during the series. My curiosity and hopefulness has also increased now that Pantsu is alive and the computer has shown to have flaws...
Old 2009-06-28, 18:56   Link #179
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
Have to agree with this, I hate hate hate it when death is used in this matter, and I too felt cheapened out when I found out Pantsu lived. One of the few things I didn't like about EoTE.;;

Im glad that someone else shares my POV concerning pantsu. It was also one of the very, very few things I did not like about this show.

RE: Society Computer

No, that does not mean that the society computer is flawed. He is still a NEET. He has no job and is not undergoing training for one. The only difference is that instead of laying around at home he is laying in a hospital bed.

Was that what you were talking about?

Also did anyone else notice how shinny and smooth Pantsu's cheeks were? I kept thinking "like a baby bottom"

Haha look how it "Gleems"
Old 2009-06-28, 19:07   Link #180
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
RE: Society Computer

No, that does not mean that the society computer is flawed. He is still a NEET. He has no job and is not undergoing training for one. The only difference is that instead of laying around at home he is laying in a hospital bed.

Was that what you were talking about?
The computer predicted him dead, but he didn't die. That does mean it's flawed IMO.