AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-23, 03:28   Link #2521
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelion View Post
I think Eiji would have let them have the anime if he knew about the promise. Hattori did a 180 and really wanted to push things forward after learning about it. I really like Eiji as a character, but this last move is the first time he's done something I don't approve of. That said, he doesn't know about the promise, and maybe never will.
Eiji probably has reason to feel so threatened. Back in the party he realizes that he has an uphill battle for volume sales, and the anime can well fully seal his defeat. In fact, he might be thinking that an anime series is his only way to get ahead at all.

Besides, he's not the first one to suddenly toss a dozen chapters at the editors. :P
Old 2012-01-23, 07:13   Link #2522
Sixth
Hu Tao

Eiji do the right thing. The marriage after anime is just pure silly.I hope that Azuki will get snatched by some ugly old guy in the end, and Mashiro will be forever alone.
Old 2012-01-23, 07:16   Link #2523
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Eiji do the right thing. The marriage after anime is just pure silly.I hope that Azuki will get snatched by some ugly old guy in the end, and Mashiro will be forever alone.
Wow. Talk about being heartless.
Old 2012-01-23, 09:28   Link #2524
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Wow. Talk about being heartless.
Agreed. What was it that Hattori said?

"Any person who rejects a dream like that might as well have no dreams of their own."
Old 2012-01-27, 12:27   Link #2525
Farplaner

Spoiler for 164:
Old 2012-01-28, 23:05   Link #2526
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farplaner View Post
Spoiler for 164:
Nah, there are still plenty of loose ends. The voice actress they met at the New Year's party, Nakai being a loser, Hiramaru's marriage, Iwase's attitude, Kosugi's professional future, Shizuka (he's been missing), Nanamine hopefully turning around, etc.
Old 2012-01-29, 00:03   Link #2527
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farplaner View Post
Spoiler for 164:
Simple. Add more drama like Azuki now is not interested to marry with Mashiro, as she wants to pursuit her career or there is a better candidate out there.
Old 2012-01-29, 00:07   Link #2528
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Simple. Add more drama like Azuki now is not interested to marry with Mashiro.
Upon which the readers of this manga will proceed to...not care.

Miho wasn't even there for the heartwarming Mashiro/Takagi/Kaya New Years' stay (ménage à trois?). He's closer to Kaya than he is to Miho at this point, by far.
Old 2012-01-29, 01:07   Link #2529
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Upon which the readers of this manga will proceed to...not care.

Miho wasn't even there for the heartwarming Mashiro/Takagi/Kaya New Years' stay (ménage à trois?). He's closer to Kaya than he is to Miho at this point, by far.
I've seen that doujinshi, so I agree...
Old 2012-01-29, 16:22   Link #2530
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
It probably wont go as smoothly as we hope.

I'm guessing something along the lines of that voice actor they met at the party competing with Miho for the role of main heroine.
Old 2012-01-29, 19:19   Link #2531
Xagzan

I'd also like to see a little reality shock hit Mashiro and/or Miho.

They've had their fairy tale romance remain pretty static and comfortable for eight whole years or more. I may not find it completely realistic, but it's still believable enough.

However, suddenly getting married and living together for presumably the rest of your lives is a BIG effin change. And there is no way in hell I will be able to buy it if neither of them realize this and get nervous at this little wake up call. Even if it's brief, I won't buy it if there's not some freaking out. That's as far as my suspension of disbelief goes.
Old 2012-01-29, 19:24   Link #2532
ryuusei

I don't know about you guys, but it feels like the manga's just about hit the half way point now. Pretty excited. And I don't really see that newcomer voice actor will become much of a problem. She's always girl A isn't she? If any voice actor would have been a problem it would have been the girls who started out with Miho.

What if the later arcs of bakuman dealt with the voice actor side of the industry. That definitely sounds interesting.
Old 2012-01-29, 19:51   Link #2533
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I'd also like to see a little reality shock hit Mashiro and/or Miho.

They've had their fairy tale romance remain pretty static and comfortable for eight whole years or more. I may not find it completely realistic, but it's still believable enough.

However, suddenly getting married and living together for presumably the rest of your lives is a BIG effin change. And there is no way in hell I will be able to buy it if neither of them realize this and get nervous at this little wake up call. Even if it's brief, I won't buy it if there's not some freaking out. That's as far as my suspension of disbelief goes.
The real problem I have with the entire premise is that none of the characters have any say in putting Miho in Reversi. This is Mashiro's first anime, so as a newbie, he has no pull over the anime director. Azuki has zero decision-making power because it's all up to her manager. Nowhere is it mentioned that Azuki could even be considered.

So chances are while this will be their first anime, it will not be the one they dreamed for.
Old 2012-01-29, 23:09   Link #2534
blue_sora

Yay! Hopefully that Azuki and Mashiro finally got married. I have always support their romance even as little as it can. However I hope they can show how nervous Azuki and Mashiro getting married because they both after all are really shy.

So it's eight years that they have their little romance? Better than my friend, she married after merely knowing her husband for six months. (Yes, I'm one of those who feel that Mashiro and Azuki's romance is completely realistic because I have many friends in the same situation as them)
Old 2012-01-30, 00:13   Link #2535
Somnus
Eh?

Oh man, what a fun chapter! There's no cliffhanger to speak of, but we've finally reached the anime! I'm definitely impatiently waiting for the next chapter since I can't wait to see "what happens now?". This is one of the two moments in a manga story I was looking forward to the most. The other being what happens when Luffy gets/reaches One Piece.

Also, damn Shujin. Kaya rules. Can't get enough of this woman. She's using my love for ponytails to dominate me (well, that and awesomely short shorts).

EDIT: For those saying that girl might cause problems. I'll admit that the potential's there. Though the only thing I could see it being played would be if they pulled a "Uh oh, she's romantically involved with the writer. That's unfair bias. We can't have that." That being said, it's a weak plot at best.

For all you disbelievers, "Miho" is going to appear in the manga soon. I swear!! Ha ha.

Last edited by Somnus; 2012-01-30 at 00:42.
Old 2012-01-30, 02:50   Link #2536
blue_sora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
EDIT: For those saying that girl might cause problems. I'll admit that the potential's there. Though the only thing I could see it being played would be if they pulled a "Uh oh, she's romantically involved with the writer. That's unfair bias. We can't have that." That being said, it's a weak plot at best.
Yes, that will be kinda weak and never happen. After all even Eiji got the choice to reject and accept any voice actors when auditioning for Crow. Mangaka input is very welcomed for the anime. So it's actually pretty much easy sailing for now unless the anime staff objects that Miho is a bad voice actress or not suitable, both I don't see that happening as Miho now is popular and might be a good voice actress to play any range.

But then the fans might notice that Miho always play the main roles in Ashirogi Muto manga's adaptations and speculate their relationship. Nothing negative about that though.
Old 2012-01-30, 03:07   Link #2537
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_sora View Post
But then the fans might notice that Miho always play the main roles in Ashirogi Muto manga's adaptations and speculate their relationship. Nothing negative about that though.
Unless Bakuman wants to talk about crazy stalker fans who insist voice actress belong to them...
Old 2012-01-30, 04:03   Link #2538
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_sora View Post
Yes, that will be kinda weak and never happen. After all even Eiji got the choice to reject and accept any voice actors when auditioning for Crow. Mangaka input is very welcomed for the anime. So it's actually pretty much easy sailing for now unless the anime staff objects that Miho is a bad voice actress or not suitable, both I don't see that happening as Miho now is popular and might be a good voice actress to play any range.

Just a little correction, that was during the +Natural anime auditions that Eiji used his authority to get the staff to let Miho go.

I don't see why Miho would be rejected for the role either since she is apparently popular and will be recommended by the mangakas themselves, unless something stupid and/or unexpected happens. Nevertheless, I wouldn't mind seeing Miho struggle a bit to get that role.
Old 2012-01-30, 08:48   Link #2539
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

I hope this would finally make Miho and Mashiro married.
Old 2012-01-31, 22:32   Link #2540
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

I finally gave in and ended up reading the whole thing from chapter... 70 to 164 in like, two days? Good lord. Anyway, I've got to say it's been a fantastic ride up this far, and Obata's art really, really captures the great hot-blooded moments this series can provide. I wouldn't think it'd be possible to make me feel so excited over a guy like Eiji screaming about his determination to note lose against Ashirogi, but... there you go. It really complements the story well.

Also, upon discussing this with some people, I think these latest chapters where we got the whole debate over whether or not "Reversi" should be extended just for the sake of it was actually a pretty good way of making a parallel over with Death Note. You may or may not agree, but it seems the general consensus is that, after a certain point, a lot of people seem to think it would have been better to end the manga (DN) right there, instead of continuining it. They both work in a very similar way, and seeing Mashiro so against the idea of degrading the work's quality "just" for the sake of the anime was actually a really neat touch.

Of course, in the end it all sort of worked out for them, which is even better, since I can't find myself to go against Hattori's words of wisdom here. No matter how naive I might have found their promise to be back when the manga started, I actually took a liking to Mashiro, so, for me, it's rather hard to wish him not to get what he dreamt of. Miho ain't bad, either, although it's just a shame that she doesn't have a lot of screentime. Then again, that's how this story was set up, so it makes sense that this is the case. And personally speaking, at least, when she manages to appear, she's made good use of her chances, coming across as a likeable and very understanding girl.

Last but not least... I got so excited with the anime confirmation for them that just a while ago it occured to me that I have absolutely no clue who Miho would voice in Reversi. I mean, you could probably say she could do either of the protagonists, if they sound a bit "girl"-ish, but there hasn't been any clue of an actual heroine in it as far as I can remember, right?

Tags
manga, shounen