AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > AnoHana

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-10, 18:53   Link #41
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Has anyone considered that the existence of Menma in this anime can be quite analogous with how Beatrice or Kinzo existed in Umineko?
Old 2011-05-13, 18:03   Link #42
deadite

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forget-me-not

Legend has it that in medieval times, a knight and his lady were walking along the side of a river. He picked a posy of flowers, but because of the weight of his armour he fell into the river. As he was drowning he threw the posy to his loved one and shouted "Forget-me-not." It was often worn by ladies as a sign of faithfulness and enduring love.

Theory: Menma wished Jinta to get the flowers for her because they were on a dangerous place on the steep cliff. After Jinta ran out, she wanted to patch things up with him by getting some of the "forget-me-not flowers". She ends up as the knight in the legend.
Old 2011-05-13, 20:59   Link #43
ykf566

And thus the name of the anime...
Old 2011-05-15, 22:43   Link #44
Sebasu
~

Episode 6 preview is already up on the site: http://www.anohana.jp/story/06.html
Spoiler for image:

Great to see Jintan going back to school! But I'm wondering (and worried) for whom this note might be directed to, it's shown on the preview at the end of ep5. It says something on the lines of "Die!", I think.

Anaru? (girl fingers + might be from her nasty "friends")
Tsuruko? (no nail polish unlike Anaru + might be from a Yukiatsu admirer jealous of her always being with him? lol)
or Jintan? (though it's very unlikely)
Old 2011-05-16, 01:07   Link #45
darkmanure

Thanks for the preview update.
Old 2011-05-18, 05:45   Link #46
VentAileron

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
Theory: Menma wished Jinta to get the flowers for her because they were on a dangerous place on the steep cliff. After Jinta ran out, she wanted to patch things up with him by getting some of the "forget-me-not flowers". She ends up as the knight in the legend.
That ignores the 'it can only be fulfilled when everyone is together' part.
Old 2011-05-18, 11:16   Link #47
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

its a pink pen/pencil so it has to be a girl.
Old 2011-05-19, 11:28   Link #48
Sebasu
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebasu View Post

Anaru? (girl fingers + might be from her nasty "friends")
Tsuruko? (no nail polish unlike Anaru + might be from a Yukiatsu admirer jealous of her always being with him? lol)
or Jintan? (though it's very unlikely)
Oh nevermind this I'm watching the ep now
Spoiler:
Old 2011-05-20, 10:53   Link #49
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Other than the fact that the warning flag for Jintan to have a disease has gone up. This is my best guess at the ending.

Spoiler for Theory of life:
Old 2011-05-20, 10:55   Link #50
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
I think it's just a genuine nosebleed...
Old 2011-05-20, 11:11   Link #51
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I also think this is reading too much into it. The first one looked genuine, while the second was used for purely comedic purposes. As for Menma's "conversations" with Jintan's mother, I believe it's because being dead, she's the only one she can actually relate to.
Even if I find the theory that he's the only one who can see Menma becaue he's dying as fascinating, I believe that 5 remaining episodes are not enough to go that deep into it. For how I see things, there are other matters on their way, I'm still waiting for Tsuruko and Poppo's own memories of that day, and the diary might be a key for at least one of them. Plus the group shall totally reunite (as of now it's kind of split in a 3+2) , figure the mistery, solve it and then have the final resolution.
Old 2011-05-20, 11:39   Link #52
demonkevy666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
I also think this is reading too much into it. The first one looked genuine, while the second was used for purely comedic purposes. As for Menma's "conversations" with Jintan's mother, I believe it's because being dead, she's the only one she can actually relate to.
Even if I find the theory that he's the only one who can see Menma becaue he's dying as fascinating, I believe that 5 remaining episodes are not enough to go that deep into it. For how I see things, there are other matters on their way, I'm still waiting for Tsuruko and Poppo's own memories of that day, and the diary might be a key for at least one of them. Plus the group shall totally reunite (as of now it's kind of split in a 3+2) , figure the mistery, solve it and then have the final resolution.
5 episodes is only going to leave a lot of unanswered questions.
Old 2011-05-21, 10:58   Link #53
Sebasu
~

Spoiler:

Anime originals like this are so exciting to follow each week because it's fun to guess what will happen, and also there's no source material to "cheat" from.
Old 2011-05-21, 13:13   Link #54
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

As for me, I really don't think Jintan is suffering from some disease. His first nosebleed was probably due to his emotions taking control over him. When you get too tense/anxious/overwhelmed, things like that happen.

As for the second nosebleed....comic relief anyone? =.=
Old 2011-05-21, 17:44   Link #55
darkmanure

People are really over speculating on that one.
Old 2011-05-21, 18:38   Link #56
Shadow5YA

I really think they were just random nosebleeds to bring out Menma and Anaru's reactions. The first nosebleed was to show Menma's strong concern for others while the second one was for comedic purposes.
Old 2011-05-23, 01:57   Link #57
Sebasu
~

They seem to be talking about how scary Menma's dad is on the preview for episode 7. http://www.anohana.jp/story/07.html

Spoiler for pic:

For me, I just want more Tsuruko scenes ._.
Old 2011-05-23, 05:34   Link #58
Tu101uk
~ Episode of Side A ~

Quote:
They seem to be talking about how scary Menma's dad is on the preview for episode 7. http://www.anohana.jp/story/07.html

Spoiler for pic:

For me, I just want more Tsuruko scenes ._.
Some coincidence huh...
Spoiler for Episode 7 Preview...:

O-O~

~ Current Season Favourites... :: Ano Natsu de Matteru / Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! / Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou ~
Old 2011-05-23, 06:27   Link #59
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
They seem to be talking about how scary Menma's dad is on the preview for episode 7.
Yeah, sort of. The two who talk are kid Yukiatsu and kid Tsuruko. Rough translation (I'm a bit unsure about the second part of the fourth line):

Y: Ahhhh, ojisan took the ball away.
T: That's why I kept telling you we should stop going to play at Menma's house...
Y: Menma's father is scary, isn't he? He doesn't look like Menma at all.
T: I wonder about it? For example the sight is a bit... (Me no atari to ka wa chotto...)
Y: They're not alike!
T: It's not something to be so concerned about...
Old 2011-05-23, 07:52   Link #60
PzIVf3

I think the strict father must have lock her up inside her room so she cant play outside. Why do i got this feeling Poppo might be ......Nyah its not him.
Closed Thread