AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-07-25, 11:00   Link #281
DoomRavager

Well, I can't help but misinterpret it when you put it that way.
DoomRavager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 16:41   Link #282
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Africa seems to have fallen for the Space Filling Empire syndrome....

One wonders why the creators spared Africa.
They don't Africa is still besieged by BETA constantly.

Quoting the translated TSFIA off /m
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon 4chan/m/
#5 Burning Sand Grave
1989 June15. Suez Canal Egypt.
The sudden and unexpected arrival of a BETA horde erupting without warning from a sand dune have effectively split the Suez canal defense line. Within the Deserts of Egypt, humanity have finally learned that the current gen ground vibration sensor is useless in the desert for detecting underground BETA movement.
"CODE 991!!, Requesting immediate Artillery fire support!!"
"Request Denied!, There would be too much Friendly fire casualties."
In their attempt to defend against a predicted push by the BETA from Hive 09 The human defenders are well dug in and the sudden surprise arrival of the BETA in the middle of the Human defenders have thrown the entire line into a chaotic state of frenzied panic. Without the support of the Artillery, and the entire Communication net filled with screams of the dying and the urgent voices of various commanders requesting aid, confirmation and Orders. The additional arrival of several dozen Fort class disgorging their monstrous payload of Grapplers, Tanks and Laser classes. despair and terror spread like fire among the Human defender .In all sense of the word, the first Suez canal defense line have Collapsed on itself.
To the people of the Middle east who have already lost their Homeland during the early days of the BETA invasion., The defense of the Suez canal is of absolute importance and failure here of any kind cannot be allowed. The sanctuary offered by the land of Africa to the refugees of those who lost their land and the resource supplied to sustain the rest of the free world cannot be lost to the BETA. However even now When command have finally ordered the Artillery to fire, the arrival of laser classes have rendered those efforts ineffective at the most.
Now on this Death and despair filled battlefield, coming far from the rear, Reinforcement and relief forces have arrived. Several Battalions of TSFs from various nations have arrived via NOE flight. And for a little while a breath of relief can be taken by the besieged survivors.
"Horus 1 to all friendly forces in the area, fall back and rally at the final defense line. My battalion alone will stay as the rear guard."
"Horus 1 to all Horus battalion sub-units, split into Element pair movement, prioritize laser class for destruction, Conserve ammo, switch to knives, we will save our guns for the laser and Fort class."
"Roger!!"
The 331st "Horus" TSF battalion of the 3rd Egyptian army corp using their F-4E configured for desert warfare charged into the fray, where the BETA seemed to number more than the very Heated sand they stood upon. Using well rehearsed tactics and drills the TSFs began their relentless and implacable advance to close in on the Laser and fort class. Even during the chaotic nature of this battle, the 331st still maintained their unit cohesion with inhuman discipline and displayed example of gallantry and bravery that would later become legends among the defenders of the Suez canal.

"Command post this Horus 1! Laser classes suppressed in my area, Bring in the rain of cleansing Fire! Danger close!"

Even though the defenders suffered a 20% casualty during the retreat, thanks to the Noble sacrifice of the entire 331st battalion, the Line was Held.
Thus ended day 1 of the first defense of Suez canal. The battle would continue to rage For 4 more month. Even then it is only the first of many battles to be fought against the BETA at the suez canal. To this day the line is still Held and No BETA have set foot in Africa.
Manly tears are shed.......
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 16:46   Link #283
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

They did it with a bloody F-4E. They deserve every respect that they can get. Imagine killing numerous BETA strains with just a knife to save ammo, and with that walking coffin nonetheless. I shiver just from the thought.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 16:55   Link #284
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
They don't Africa is still besieged by BETA constantly.

Quoting the translated TSFIA off /m

They broke through the BETA lines, disabled the Laser-class BETA, then called down artillery fire right on top of themselves. A brave sacrifice indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyat View Post
That "ruling the world" thing was a exaggeration. All nations have their own interests and all want to dominate other nations. Im not talking about some Jewish-freemasonry conspiracy.
This is also partly the reason the BETA have been so effective, everyone's so concerned with watching their backs, they're unable to have a completely united front against the BETA. "A house divided against itself cannot stand", as Abe Lincoln once said.
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 20:31   Link #285
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
This is what I like about Muv-Luv verse, this subversion of a trope found in many scifi stories, which is the establishment of a worldwide democracy/empire/federation. This being very naive because every countries of the world have their own agenda. A rl example right now is Europe.
Old 2012-07-26, 12:12   Link #286
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Just wanted to check something about TSF capabilities,
Spoiler for MLA Type-94 vs F-22:

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 12:32   Link #287
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
This is what I like about Muv-Luv verse, this subversion of a trope found in many scifi stories, which is the establishment of a worldwide democracy/empire/federation. This being very naive because every countries of the world have their own agenda. A rl example right now is Europe.
Not really. Note that the war against BETA in the Muv Luv universe was quite 'new' - about 40 ~ 60 years? I don't quite remember - and that despite their difference the world did attempt to marshal their forces together, as seen in Total Eclipse. The BETA's presence helped facilitated that, and it will continue to become the major, eventual factor for the world to become united in the future.

Though it'll probably take a hundred years given how racial people are.
Old 2012-07-26, 13:26   Link #288
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Just wanted to check something about TSF capabilities,
Spoiler for MLA Type-94 vs F-22:
it was rectoned in the manga.
Spoiler:

Since in the VN it was completely from Takeru's POV it had the hilarious knock on effect of making Takeru believe you can "row row fight the power "with pilot skill and banzai spirit for the rest of Alternative
Also Kouki himself made it very clear that The rafale is far superior compared to a type 94 and yet when Sagari was piloting the Rafale he could not defeat Walken in a F22 as shown in TDA.

Last edited by Angrypokstick; 2012-07-26 at 16:44.
Old 2012-07-26, 15:50   Link #289
LystAP

Quote:
Spoiler:

Since in the VN it was completely from Takeru's POV it had the hilarious knock on effect of making Takeru believe you can "row row fight the power "with pilot skill and banzai spirit for the rest of Alternative
Also Kouki himself made it very clear that The rafale is far superior compared to a type 94 and yet when Sagari was piloting the Rafale he could not defeat Walken in a F22 as shown in TDA.
I've always wondered, why did Sagari fight Walken in TDA?

Spoiler for TDA:
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 16:15   Link #290
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Hahahaha...that is one twist of fate. Super-Takeru-chan really did need a ton of luck and miracles just to get Alternative IV to work...and even then just barely. XD

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 16:57   Link #291
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Considering the state Africa is right now.. one could imagine the amount of sacrifice and effort that they made to make that happen. ;_;

Quote:
They did it with a bloody F-4E. They deserve every respect that they can get. Imagine killing numerous BETA strains with just a knife to save ammo, and with that walking coffin nonetheless. I shiver just from the thought.
I thought they were from the second generation till I read the wiki. I couldn't believe that they guard the defense line like that with only a bunch of first-generation TSF...

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 17:13   Link #292
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
I've always wondered, why did Sagari fight Walken in TDA?

Spoiler for TDA:
In TDA. Canada, France ,surviving European union forces and probably the Russians too,have declared war on the United states. Sagari left the Japanese army to join something akin to the Muvluv verse of the french foreign legion. In TDA 02 He piloted a french Rafael and fought against Walken who was in a F22. There were no clear winner after several minutes of fighting, as both side had to fall back eventually for their own reasons.

Spoiler for cybreed:
Old 2012-07-27, 00:15   Link #293
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Spoiler:

Ahh, sucks.
Spoiler for MLA:

Quote:
In TDA. Canada, France ,surviving European union forces and probably the Russians too,have declared war on the United states. Sagari left the Japanese army to join something akin to the Muvluv verse of the french foreign legion. In TDA 02 He piloted a french Rafael and fought against Walken who was in a F22. There were no clear winner after several minutes of fighting, as both side had to fall back eventually for their own reasons.

Spoiler for cybreed:
So are they still able to pilot TSFs effectively?
Spoiler for cybreed:

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.

Last edited by grevierr; 2012-07-27 at 00:42.
Old 2012-07-27, 04:35   Link #294
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Spoiler for cybreed:
Spoiler for Cybreed:

Quote:

Spoiler for cybreed:
It should be possible. They can even use the exoskeleton, but like you said, it could only apply to the highly advanced cybreeds. Those guys are quite expensive too.

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-07-27 at 04:49. Reason: seems like I'm also bad at mathematics.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 04:36   Link #295
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
A

Spoiler for cybreed:
Yes the low tech ones are not sensitive or responsive enough to pilot TSFs.
But you can bet you ass that for 6 billion euros he better be able to do some piloting. Its just that the advantage of him having those enhancements are pretty nonexistent in a TSF. So for that much investment , someone like Slyvio is better off taking advantage of his new limbs and Eyes to do some "field" work behind the scene.
Old 2012-07-27, 07:00   Link #296
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Yes the low tech ones are not sensitive or responsive enough to pilot TSFs.
But you can bet you ass that for 6 billion euros he better be able to do some piloting. Its just that the advantage of him having those enhancements are pretty nonexistent in a TSF. So for that much investment , someone like Slyvio is better off taking advantage of his new limbs and Eyes to do some "field" work behind the scene.
Hmm i see. So hopefully he won't crush the controls in the TSF if he pilots one. Of course, the enhanced endoskeletal musculature would allow for more high G maneuvers, so he would not need a reinforced suit. Would be interesting to see him go Tohofuhai against TSFs and BETA... then again, we see enough of that in AyumayuAlt.

Old 2012-07-27, 13:28   Link #297
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Hmm i see. So hopefully he won't crush the controls in the TSF if he pilots one. Of course, the enhanced endoskeletal musculature would allow for more high G maneuvers, so he would not need a reinforced suit. Would be interesting to see him go Tohofuhai against TSFs and BETA... then again, we see enough of that in AyumayuAlt.
Sylvio only has his right hand/forearm. Both his feet/calf plus his eyes and some minor brain implants added to him. I don't see how that would affect his resistance to high G that greatly.
Old 2012-07-27, 21:51   Link #298
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Sylvio only has his right hand/forearm. Both his feet/calf plus his eyes and some minor brain implants added to him. I don't see how that would affect his resistance to high G that greatly.
Oh... I thought they would enhance his internal skeleton and musculature around those parts as well. If not, the stress of the parts on the rest of the body would be enough to tear them off if they have no support. If not nevermind, its kinda a joke story anyway, though i'm disapppointed.

Old 2012-07-27, 23:06   Link #299
jin jin5000

jin jin5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 00:09   Link #300
novalysis

This poster for MST3K Mantra.

Seriously, the tech gap seems quite hopeless for humanity. Lasers break everything.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
military science fiction, visual novel