AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 16 23.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 26.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 13.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.94%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.47%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.94%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-30, 15:00   Link #21
konart

Never fails to amuse me:

Spoiler for Heroes...:

^Who gave what?
Old 2012-09-30, 15:17   Link #22
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Latrova was killed because she knew about the conspiracy, but as the episode shown she didn't tell Yuuya about it. This is probably the reason why he wasn't killed.

Zhar flight either died from BETA attacks as they said, or they were all murdered too as part of clean up.

As this and previous episode has shown, Scarlet Twins is actually powerful enough to face an entire flank of BETA by itself. They don't need the Zhar flight.
most likly senario has idar-1 after killing zhar-1 killing every beta in thier way untill they reached where more targets where then wipeing out everything their including zhar who are now exausted from numerous fight before
in other words zhar batallian was rapped by idar 1 aka
Spoiler for jk:
but zhar battalian was silanced
Old 2012-09-30, 15:22   Link #23
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

So does this mean the Scarlet Twins manage to obtain the EM Radiation Module in the end? Anyone confirm through novels?

Also, how do the Russian Elites know that Zhar Battalion knows of the conspiracy? Did they spread rumors in that short amount of time?
Old 2012-09-30, 15:24   Link #24
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Heavy handed character progression aside, I'm glad that we seem to finally be turning the leaf on martyr victim Yuya.

Zhar batallion was doomed from the start. I wonder if Yuya will ever realize it was the Scarlet Twins. That said, this being anime, the smart money is that he does realize it, but frees them from their personality control/whatever and they continue to be "nakama".

I like to believe the Zhar batallion at least really did take out the Laser Class. They deserve to have had their heroic last stand, as opposed to the alternative of the Scarlet Twins killing them all and then taking care of the Laser Class themselves.

Am I the only one that dislikes the color scheme on the new TSF?
Also, cake.
Old 2012-09-30, 15:33   Link #25
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
So does this mean the Scarlet Twins manage to obtain the EM Radiation Module in the end? Anyone confirm through novels?

Also, how do the Russian Elites know that Zhar Battalion knows of the conspiracy? Did they spread rumors in that short amount of time?
Latrova knows about the conspiracy. I don't think the rest know.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2012-09-30, 15:53   Link #26
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Can anyone confirm rather or not the Russian Elite managed to obtain the EM Radiation Cannon Module that Yuuya dropped?
Old 2012-09-30, 16:27   Link #27
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

RIP Mama Russia
Old 2012-09-30, 16:56   Link #28
tsunade666

Darn! got to love that ED song when it start playing on the part when Yuuya's Shiranui walking in the sunset. Also bullsh8t politics always and darn russian leaders. RIP Zhar Battalion. Its really scary if you put an esper who can read minds in the tsf.

Am I the only one who didn't quite like the color red for shiranui 2nd phase 2? I still like the color blue.

Total Eclipse sure is nice with lots of mecha in it and all those powerful tsf that shows up. poor Takeru. Only got mass produce Fubuki and Shiranui.
Old 2012-09-30, 16:58   Link #29
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Darn! got to love that ED song when it start playing on the part when Yuuya's Shiranui walking in the sunset. Also bullsh8t politics always and darn russian leaders. RIP Zhar Battalion. Its really scary if you put an esper who can read minds in the tsf.

Am I the only one who didn't quite like the color red for shiranui 2nd phase 2? I still like the color blue.

Total Eclipse sure is nice with lots of mecha in it and all those powerful tsf that shows up. poor Takeru. Only got mass produce Fubuki and Shiranui.
Didn't exactly stop Takeru from kicking utter BETA ass
Old 2012-09-30, 16:59   Link #30
DoomRavager

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Never fails to amuse me:

Spoiler for Heroes...:

^Who gave what?
I assume you mean it's supposed to be Hero of the Soviet Union as opposed to Hero of the Russian Federation, going by how the Soviet Union didn't fall so the former award didn't get replaced with the latter.
Old 2012-09-30, 17:13   Link #31
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Man how low is the budget for this series that they can't even show us any full scale battles?

On that matter the stupidity of the Soviet Union continues. I hope that the commander (the old guy) got executed since it was his plan that caused the mess in the first place.

I mean because of him,

1. They lost the supply base
2. Lost their entire bomber force
3. Had to sacrifice an entire battalion of veterans
4. Put into danger their defence line

All so they could spite Japan's testing of its new weapon and try to take its weapon...I mean it's just stupid *end rant*
Old 2012-09-30, 17:27   Link #32
erakk
Damned Basterd

Well, I haven't read the novels, but from what i "heard" the director saying, this "spinoff" is not focused on the battles itself, but on character interaction and development. The plot is not saving humanity from the beta, thats a subplot that fuels the main plot (Yuuya and Yui).
Some people watched the first 2 episodes thinking "Woah, this shows going to be bloody!!" The director did that because he needed to show Yui's backstory and give a reason for her behaviour in the main part of the series.
(I'm not gonna lie though, i want battles too)

EDIT: @SoldierOfDarkness:
He sent idar-1 to silence Zhar battallion, so i think noone (beside from yuuya and friends's suspicion) knows what really went there. (As black_knight_just said above)

A question:
Since the first main arc is done and next week we have a recap (in ep15), is it safe to assume that ths show will have about 28+ episodes?
Old 2012-09-30, 17:30   Link #33
ryan55

Just a question but is recap episode last episode of series or will it be like guilty crown with second part starting after a while from recap?
Old 2012-09-30, 17:35   Link #34
erakk
Damned Basterd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan55 View Post
Just a question but is recap episode last episode of series or will it be like guilty crown with second part starting after a while from recap?
I don't see a reason to do a recap after ending an anime...
So thats not the last. But i dont know if they will take some time to restart or not.

By the way...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvnC4...source=message
Stella Brehmer and her "ara ara", i never get enough of it.
Old 2012-09-30, 17:38   Link #35
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

It's *probably* going to be a recap episode, but I'm not 100% certain.

Also, since we're roughly halfway through Total Eclipse plot, I'd figure another 14 episodes are in order.

On Episode itself:
Spoiler for Episode 14:
Old 2012-09-30, 17:52   Link #36
ryan55

It might just be me but wasn't one of the zhar bahtallion using a tsundere-like expression when they landed him on ground. Does that mean they were maybe in a 1/10000 chance going to warmup to him?
And off topic but I personally hope that yuuya becomes something like Jim raynor.
Old 2012-09-30, 17:56   Link #37
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by erakk View Post
Well, I haven't read the novels, but from what i "heard" the director saying, this "spinoff" is not focused on the battles itself, but on character interaction and development. The plot is not saving humanity from the beta, thats a subplot that fuels the main plot (Yuuya and Yui).
Some people watched the first 2 episodes thinking "Woah, this shows going to be bloody!!" The director did that because he needed to show Yui's backstory and give a reason for her behaviour in the main part of the series.
(I'm not gonna lie though, i want battles too)

Yes, but when it finally comes to the battles it doesn't mean they should only put in the minimal amount of screentime -_-
Old 2012-09-30, 18:09   Link #38
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan55 View Post
It might just be me but wasn't one of the zhar bahtallion using a tsundere-like expression when they landed him on ground. Does that mean they were maybe in a 1/10000 chance going to warmup to him?
And off topic but I personally hope that yuuya becomes something like Jim raynor.
They are wipe out nad use as sacrifice to make Scarlet Twins looks more badass and approving and also to silence them from possible leaking of information.

So there is no next time for them since they are either nomed or get sliced by crazy twins.
Old 2012-09-30, 18:10   Link #39
LeoXiao
思想工作

Hm... kind of sad that Zhar Battalion went down so easily, without us even being able to see the battle. I guess that they died prety fast tho, so there's nothing the audience would've really missed anyhow. I take it their killer was probably the lab-mice twins? They were killing the BETA at ridiculous speed as well. The other Eishi should have a bit of what they're smoking.
Old 2012-09-30, 18:23   Link #40
Sendou
Forever Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
I take it their killer was probably the lab-mice twins? They were killing the BETA at ridiculous speed as well. .
Yes. It was the Scarlet Twins who killed them. Those two are extremely broken and will easily rip apart their human targets. When they were introduced to the Argos flight, I am certain that it was revealed that they are espers. With that revelation, its already obvious why they're effective against people.

Spoiler for minimal spoiler about Yui and ST later:

Last edited by Sendou; 2012-09-30 at 18:46.
Closed Thread