AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-01-02, 06:15   Link #461
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post

Clannad didn't make it because I finished the VN first.
But the VN made me cry as well....

Spoiler for Clannad CG Spoiler: Nagisa route:
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 06:28   Link #462
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
But the VN made me cry as well....

Spoiler for Clannad CG Spoiler: Nagisa route:
Of course, the VN did that to me as well. I was already crying my hearts out of the VN before watching the After Story, so it didn't make it into my "anime" list (and into the "VN" list instead). Same thing with Little Busters.
Old 2013-01-02, 06:32   Link #463
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Of course, the VN did that to me as well. I was already crying my hearts out of the VN before watching the After Story, so it didn't make it into my "anime" list (and into the "VN" list instead). Same thing with Little Busters.
Little Buster? Ehhhh..... ok. I thought its comedy..
Old 2013-01-02, 06:41   Link #464
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Chouji’s “dying” scene after he fought Jiroubo in Naruto (when it was still a very great show).

I’ve never felt that moved and shed manly tear watching a shounen before. At that point, I haven’t read the manga so it kinda surprised me. The execution of that scene is just superb (if not perfect) and with great score too. Not even a certain character’s death in Gurren Lagann (big fan here) is able to move me as much. On the other hand, sad scenes in mellow anime shows (Clannad and its kin) didn’t hit me as hard since I can already see some tragic/sad/heartwrenching scenes coming a mile away from feeling the tone of the anime alone. I guess the “element of surprise” also plays important role in order to make me moved.
Old 2013-01-02, 06:54   Link #465
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Little Buster? Ehhhh..... ok. I thought its comedy..
I take it you haven't played it then? It's a mix of everything really, though I wonder if I may have spoiled it by mentioning it here. But really, it's Key and in Key you can expect a tear-jerker or two

Regarding TTGL...
I'm not very sure, cause I only watched this after somewhat heavily spoiled. And most of the tears I shed there were "manly tears". I'm not sure how to describe it, but it's different kind of sad than what I get from the likes of Air or Clannad.
Old 2013-01-02, 07:00   Link #466
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
On the other hand, sad scenes in mellow anime shows (Clannad and its kin) didn’t hit me as hard since I can already see some tragic/sad/heartwrenching scenes coming a mile away from feeling the tone of the anime alone. I guess the “element of surprise” also plays important role in order to make me moved.
I'm glad you said it, because I wanted to say it too.

Clannad did not make me sad. I wanted to be sad, but it was so predictable and they were so clearly trying very hard to make it sad that I just couldn't do it. They just kept piling it on the MC and almost immediately I stopped caring because it was so distracting to me. When I saw what was happening I just couldn't stop seeing the clear intention to make the audience cry. I acknowledge that it was depressing and that people get that lot in life sometimes, but it just wasn't working for me.

Angel Beats did have some sad stuff in it, but mostly with the side characters. The backstories were sad, but beyond that there's not much to be sad about. I felt like most of it was wish fulfillment and thus happy. I think the one that got me more was Yui. There was just something very sad about all of that, and I suspect it was the contrast in her character that really sold it.
Old 2013-01-02, 07:34   Link #467
NoemiChan
Banned

That may make me an emotional person....
Old 2013-01-02, 07:52   Link #468
Qilin
Romanticist

Last two episodes of Aria the Origination:

Spoiler for ending:

It was the good kind of sadness though. It made the journey to get to that point all the more meaningful. The wistful beauty of the moment is precisely because it is such a fleeting, temporary thing. This is the one show I've seen that perfectly reflected that aesthetic in its entirety.
Old 2013-01-02, 09:34   Link #469
Arya

Quote:
It's been a long time since I last felt this feeling from an anime, because I have this feeling from a VN more often (and manga for a time). But, I do have saddest moments I can still remember. The Big 3 of sad moments in anime for me:
2. Saikano.
Akemi. And the rest of the anime after the elope.

3. KimiNozo
"The Gift of Mayauru."
Ok, I have to admit that Akemi hit me so hard that nothing I watched later came near to her. (I never watched Saikano even again, well ever because it was a really slow show).
The thing that came closer was actually Kiminozo. Another very sad moment.

Don't know if later on I got used to it, in the sense that becoming more aware of the anime standards, I could foresee them, loosing in that way the impact, or those were really something else. Not that I didn't find anything sad later, simply not at the same level of.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 14:29   Link #470
Cryonosis
~Desu

Deaths are always sad, especially when it's a dominant and lovable character. So I'll try and pick something out that doesn't involve death:

Simoun, episode 2 hit me hard when Elly had to basically determine her entire life in a single choice that can't be undone. Due to her very understandable indecision, the choice is basically made for her. . . Seeing her crying afterwards from the pressure and uncertanties of what may come and if it was truly alright to let such a monumental choice be made for her definitely got my symphathy and had my emotions going.
Cryonosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 16:00   Link #471
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I think the three saddest scenes for me were

Spoiler for Fullmetal Alchemist:

and

Spoiler for Kara no Kyoukai Film 3:

and

Spoiler for Clannad After Story:
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 00:38   Link #472
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Measuring by how much I cried, I'd say Saikano. One of the later episodes, can't remember, but oh... oh...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 00:59   Link #473
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Just an FYI that this thread got merged with an existing thread about "Saddest Anime". You can now use this thread to discuss both the "saddest anime" and "saddest anime scenes".
Old 2013-01-03, 03:23   Link #474
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Just an FYI that this thread got merged with an existing thread about "Saddest Anime". You can now use this thread to discuss both the "saddest anime" and "saddest anime scenes".
Ah..that's why I felt I've seen a similar thread somewhere before...not sure because it was so long ago and happened before I joined anyways
Old 2013-01-07, 06:50   Link #475
Mokoko
Young Aspergus Eater

The Saddest Scene I've ever seen is in Elfen Lied

Spoiler:

But Clannad, Angel Beats and Air are also one of them

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Mokoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 14:36   Link #476
Ritsukalml

Say i love you... A lot of sad scenes ;A;
Ritsukalml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 14:56   Link #477
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
The Disappearance of Reinforce in Nanoha A's... And the movie 2nd A's.
Old 2013-01-14, 17:59   Link #478
Radioactive Beta
Tenshi Clone 10

Elfen Lied: Both the manga and the anime
Clannad: Just the anime. There are many sad parts of it in my eyes I can't number them. (I'm not done watching it yet)

I just started watching anime recently so I don't have much feels inbound on me yet since
I'm just started back watching it again
Old 2013-01-14, 21:19   Link #479
VTHokiePride

This may just be me, but the scene where Saber tells Shirou that she loves him before she returns to her own timeline at the end of Fate/Stay Night.
VTHokiePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 23:20   Link #480
Eragon
Still Alive

^ Haha, Shirou is pretty disliked from what I gathered from the Fate Stay/Night threads. That's why the chances of someone feeling anything during that scene, as you said, is rare.

But, having said that, I too thought it was quite sad. I was especially invested in Saber's character. Shirou was OK with me.