AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2006-08-02, 09:41   Link #61
laxxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circular Logic
I managed to get my copy of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni & Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai for ~$35 including EMS shipping from Paletweb. Great deal.
It definitely was, unfortunately it does not appear available now. Are there any shipping or some other coupons?
It appears that the prices are quite a bit higher than Japanese prices, plus of course there will be a shipping charge (which I couldn't find, do they at least combine shipping?)

I guess at this point it makes sense to at least wait until August 13 when Matsuribayashi is released...
laxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 04:49   Link #62
rogueblade

Hmmm, how can it be that we're on the "Tsumihoroboshi" arc already, and yet the series is scheduled for 26 episodes? Is there really enough material in this arc to last for another 9 episodes?
rogueblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 09:39   Link #63
LostBlue
祭囃子

Ah, the anime is still currently (EP 18) on Meakashi (chapter 5), and probably will be for another two episodes. Even if it was on Chapter 6 Tsumihoroboshi, ch6 has more than enough material to go 9 EPs. Personally, I rather it did (but most likely it'll be only six episodes). Tsumihoroboshi is a roller coaster from start from finish.
LostBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 23:44   Link #64
chrno_the_sinner

What comes with the first DVD. I know the Tips and 5 (?) cards come with it, but what about everything else? What about the extra disc?

Also, besides the obvious, what's the difference between the rental and retail editions of the DVD (besides the rental version looking all cool and such)? Are there still extras on the dvd itself in both editions? Or does the rental just have the episodes?
chrno_the_sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 02:28   Link #65
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno_the_sinner
What comes with the first DVD. I know the Tips and 5 (?) cards come with it, but what about everything else? What about the extra disc?

Also, besides the obvious, what's the difference between the rental and retail editions of the DVD (besides the rental version looking all cool and such)? Are there still extras on the dvd itself in both editions? Or does the rental just have the episodes?
Lessee, referring to here:
1. 5 cards - a very happy Rika, a happy Satoko, a sunset Mion, an ominous Rena, and one of the DVD cover.
2. The TIPs. Apparently these'll be 'published in the back of the jacket'.
3. An artbook of sorts which appears to contain character sketches and the like.
4. "Hinamizawa Inquiry" mini soundtrack CD. No idea what that's supposed to mean.
5. The DVD. Obviously.
6. Proof of purchase... thing. Collect these and send them off to prove you've bought all the volumes and get something nice - storage for something, I think it's all the cards. I'd have preferred a DVD box but oh well.
Source for all this lot: http://shop.frontierworks.jp/detail....chcd=FCBP-0037

Can't wait for mine to arrive

The rental DVD will presumably just have the episodes, can't see why it'd have anything else. The site doesn't appear to say anything either way.

Last edited by Varion; 2006-08-05 at 03:57. Reason: Found some more specific information
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 04:26   Link #66
lommm
l'homme de lommm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBlue
The first 8 are the Sound Novel Series. The * ones are extra chapters found in Manga format. Only the first 6 will be animated.
so they will not animate 7) 皆殺し Minagoroshi & 8) 祭囃し Matsuribayashi??

does this mean that anime only fans will not get the complete anwers?
will it be required to seek out these other media to solve the mystery?

oh, and thanks to all on the answers about the red kanji
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 05:33   Link #67
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm
so they will not animate 7) 皆殺し Minagoroshi & 8) 祭囃し Matsuribayashi??

does this mean that anime only fans will not get the complete anwers?
will it be required to seek out these other media to solve the mystery?

oh, and thanks to all on the answers about the red kanji
Like it says on the wiki, they won't animate either of them. The anime will stop at Tsumihoroboshi, and that does mean that people only watching the anime won't get all the answers. That much isn't really a problem to those animating it, as the Japanese audience can easily go and pick up the remaining sound novels. As for Matsuribayashi, that won't be out for a few more days, and when planning for the anime started Minagoroshi wasn't out either.

That's not entirely a bad thing though, can you imagine how much they'd have to squash everything up to fit Minagoroshi in? Not worth thinking about
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 10:46   Link #68
FantasyWarz

Ahhh im new and i have a question :P I hope this is right right place><

I was watching Higuashi a few months ago and i got to the point where the main character kills himself. On the next ep, it shows that hes still alive..i got so confused..>.<
I stoped watching because my hard drive died ><

I started to watch again recently, and im still confused...Can anyone fill me in?>.<
Maybe i skipped a episode?=/
FantasyWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 11:16   Link #69
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasyWarz
Ahhh im new and i have a question :P I hope this is right right place><

I was watching Higuashi a few months ago and i got to the point where the main character kills himself. On the next ep, it shows that hes still alive..i got so confused..>.<
I stoped watching because my hard drive died ><

I started to watch again recently, and im still confused...Can anyone fill me in?>.<
Maybe i skipped a episode?=/
Try reading the Q&A thread or do a search function to see if someone had asked a similar question before. You'll be amazed at how many people ask the same redundant questions over and over again.

For your reference:

Higurashi English wikipedia article
Sushi-Y's post #22 on this thread
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 04:15   Link #70
Pakxenon
popcorn

I have a question....

Why didn't they put Tsumihoroboshi-hen(6a) instead of Meakashi-hen(5a) first? I was SOOOO confused going into ep15 because I thought they're showing the answer to Onikakushi-hen(1q), and then they were showing Shion running away from school.

(I like emo-Rena. I need emo-Rena!!!!)
Pakxenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 05:13   Link #71
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakxenon
I have a question....

Why didn't they put Tsumihoroboshi-hen(6a) instead of Meakashi-hen(5a) first? I was SOOOO confused going into ep15 because I thought they're showing the answer to Onikakushi-hen(1q), and then they were showing Shion running away from school.

(I like emo-Rena. I need emo-Rena!!!!)
Because that's the order they were presented in the game? ^^;

Just because the story is split into "question" and "answer" scenarios doesn't mean the answer chapters have to solve the mysteries of the question chapters in any particular order.

Here's a tip, don't try to think of the answer chapters as "the answer" to the question chapters. For example, don't think of Meakashi-hen as "the answer chapter of Watanagashi-hen", even though it's not necessarily wrong. Meakashi-hen is it's own chapter, it just happens to answer the mysteries in Watanagashi-hen, that's all.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 12:30   Link #72
Symmetry
安堵竜

In episode 19 we are given for the first time a clear view of the back of the person we're quite convinced is Mion, but there doesn't appear to be a tattoo. Some people have claimed this is a production mistake, and some people have claimed it is an important piece of information. Is it a production mistake?
Symmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 17:39   Link #73
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Here's a tip, don't try to think of the answer chapters as "the answer" to the question chapters. For example, don't think of Meakashi-hen as "the answer chapter of Watanagashi-hen", even though it's not necessarily wrong. Meakashi-hen is it's own chapter, it just happens to answer the mysteries in Watanagashi-hen, that's all.
Does that explain the slight differences in storyline? eg. in Watanagashi-hen, Shion saves Keiichi from the bikers, whereas in Meakashi-hen Keiichi saves Shion.
Supergrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 16:14   Link #74
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrunch
Does that explain the slight differences in storyline? eg. in Watanagashi-hen, Shion saves Keiichi from the bikers, whereas in Meakashi-hen Keiichi saves Shion.
Both things might have happened

They just didn't show both events in both arcs (watanagashi and meakashi)
In meakashi they do not show how Shion and Keiichi met. Shion just says
"... And then I met Keiichi, he mistook me for Mion..." (whatever... something like this)

I think we can assume Shion saving Keiichi also happened in meakashi... (and Keiichi saving "Mion" as well)
Old 2006-08-17, 17:13   Link #75
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley
Both things might have happened

They just didn't show both events in both arcs (watanagashi and meakashi)
In meakashi they do not show how Shion and Keiichi met. Shion just says
"... And then I met Keiichi, he mistook me for Mion..." (whatever... something like this)

I think we can assume Shion saving Keiichi also happened in meakashi... (and Keiichi saving "Mion" as well)
Think about it more. Did Keiichi and Shion really meet for the first time the same way in both chapters? How did they meet for the first time in Watanagashi-hen? Meakashi-hen? How likely is it for the same event (getting in trouble with delinquents for bumping into their bikes) to happen twice?

In the overall scheme of things, it probably doesn't really matter how they met, but it's still an important clue that hints you to the relationship between the two chapters.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 21:46   Link #76
dumbo63

Why is the "na" in Higurashi no Naku Koro ni in red?
dumbo63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 07:12   Link #77
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Think about it more. Did Keiichi and Shion really meet for the first time the same way in both chapters? How did they meet for the first time in Watanagashi-hen? Meakashi-hen? How likely is it for the same event (getting in trouble with delinquents for bumping into their bikes) to happen twice?

In the overall scheme of things, it probably doesn't really matter how they met, but it's still an important clue that hints you to the relationship between the two chapters.
Hmm
Watanagashi ==> Angel Mort
Meakashi ==> Punks trouble

Well,
I just thought that Keiichi saving Shion (thinking it was Mion) could also have happened in Watanagashi-hen, but it wasn't shown.
It's because the story looks like the same as Watanagashi-hen, from the point of view of Shion. Or maybe we have some Twin Peaks going on here hehe
Old 2006-08-18, 11:43   Link #78
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Multiple universes?
Multiple possibilities?

It's like a roll of the dice by the universe - every few episodes is like a
different facet on the same stone. Similar but different.

Thinking about the fact that the last two are not to be animated - maybe
next year they will do that if the demand is sufficient.
Old 2006-08-22, 02:08   Link #79
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

One of the greatest Higurashi mysteries....

1. Why Rena-chan goes gung-ho, reacting moe to everytime that listens to Rika-chan say ni-pa~?

Last edited by Guido; 2006-08-23 at 10:03.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 09:39   Link #80
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
One of the greatest Higurashi mysteries....

1. Why Rena-chan goes gung-ho, reacting moe to everytime that listens to Rika-chan say "nipa"?
Tsumihoroboshi-hen
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote