AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-18, 09:04   Link #261
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
This recent viral marketing stunt popped a thought into my head. Wouldn't it make sense for there to be a thread about the youtube spinoff that they're making (Haruhi-chan and Churuya-san)? There will no doubt be discussions regarding to the lead-up of the series and the actual episodes themselves, so it would be nice to have a proper thread dedicated to it imo
I have no idea what this is about and since the site is in Japanese it doesn't help me.

How about someone creating an initial post (here in this thread) for the proposed thread then maybe we would consider it.
Old 2008-12-20, 03:52   Link #262
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I've now moved your post to a new thread. Thanks for creating the post and the title suggestion BTW.

The Spin-off of Haruhi Suzumiya
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
This thread is dedicated to the discussion of animated spin-offs, The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-chan and Nyoro~n Churuya-san, that will subsequently be aired on Kadokawa's Youtube Channel as a series of webshorts.

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-chan by mangaka Puyo, and Nyoro~n Churuya-san created by Eretto (Utsura Uraraka) both started out originally as popular four-panel-parody-gag-manga with the animated webshorts only officially announced in the October issue of Monthly Shounen Ace that went on sale from August 26. To view English translations of Churuya-san please visit here.

Keeping up with previous 'viral merketing' traditions, the http://haruhi.tv/ website was taken down on the notable date of December 18 and was replaced with a 404 error message depicting images of Haruhi-chan and Churuya-san as is seen below:

Throughout the day, images and layout of the 404 error message had been rearranged and shuffled for reasons unknown.
(most likely for fun to play meaningless head-games if you ask me lol =P)

There are currently no release dates as of yet.

----------------------------------

Possible thread titles i was thinking of was "The Spin-off of Haruhi Suzumiya" although if someone comes up something better than by all means
Old 2008-12-26, 02:48   Link #263
greatpower2

A theme discussion would be very interesting, I this story has many themes, and the power of interpretation could be very interesting here. Most of them probably branch off of you know what.
Old 2009-05-02, 08:58   Link #264
bayoab

I don't know if there is enough post activity to warrant this but maybe a "The English Novel and Manga of Haruhi Suzumiya" thread for those of us who are following the official releases and don't want to be hit left and right by 8 volumes of spoilers.
Old 2009-05-17, 18:18   Link #265
Archaic

Not a request for a new thread, but a request that the Haruhi forum, now that we have confirmation of the next episode screening in Japan being a new episode "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody", be moved up to Current Series.
Old 2009-05-17, 18:21   Link #266
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
Not a request for a new thread, but a request that the Haruhi forum, now that we have confirmation of the next episode screening in Japan being a new episode "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody", be moved up to Current Series.
It's not confirmed yet. It'll be confirmed if and when it is aired on Thursday.

We still know nothing for certain.
Old 2009-05-17, 21:39   Link #267
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

When a new episode airs, yes a move to the "Current Series" section would be in order...as would a new episode poll thead.

The question is...what would it be titled as new episodes appear? The order of the episodes is already extremely different than before. "Episode 15" doesn't quite work...does it?
Old 2009-05-17, 21:48   Link #268
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
I say just use the episode titles...
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-05-18, 02:39   Link #269
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
I'm not up to speed on this. Is this just a single episode or is it the start of the long waiting second series?

If it is just a single (or a few) episodes before the actual second series, then we would not move the forum, we would wait until the actual secons series starts.
Old 2009-05-18, 03:57   Link #270
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well technically if there is a new episode airing this week, then the "second season", so to speak, started about 7 or 8 weeks ago. Basically they will be mixing the new episodes in with the old ones and thus there is no second season per say, but a new whole show using both 2006 and 2009 content together.

The assumption is they are releasing the episodes in chronological order with all content, which would mean you'd have one new episode this week, then three older episodes, then something like four or five new episodes, followed by four old episodes, and the remaining eight or so episodes will be new.

This is a theory mind you based on the placement of this coming episode verses the timeline of the novels and the fact that they did not release Episode 00 first like it was done originally and how the series is presented on the DVDs where Episode 00 is still used first.

We will see if the theory holds true if "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody" airs this week.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2009-05-18 at 04:08.
Old 2009-05-21, 10:48   Link #271
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Requesting new episode thread for Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody.

Old 2009-05-21, 10:51   Link #272
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Well, looks like it's airing. Question is, will there be more next week?
Old 2009-05-21, 11:08   Link #273
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Well, looks like it's airing. Question is, will there be more next week?
No, not for another month.
Old 2009-05-21, 11:17   Link #274
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
No, not for another month.
Ah, for fu-I mean, aw shucks. More cocktease ;_;
I don't remember Mikuru being that short.
Old 2009-05-21, 19:45   Link #275
shaoron
AQS representative

requesting this section to be moved from "older series" to "current series"
have rolled the rick over nine thousand times
yet never gonna give you up
so as I sing, UNLIMITED RICKROLL WORKS
Old 2009-05-21, 19:47   Link #276
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaoron View Post
requesting this section to be moved from "older series" to "current series"
It has already been stated that they'll move it when they get around to it.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-05-31, 09:14   Link #277
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

To decrease the confusion, would it be better to create new thread for every episode aired this year, even if they are old episode?

Otherwise these confusion gonna going on for a while. If we bring old thread up, it will be even harder to discuss, as we will keep see ppl going into wrong thread to discuss about what's airing
Old 2009-05-31, 09:23   Link #278
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
In this case wouldn't be better rename and restick the old thread?

For exemple, this week restick the "Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 7 Discussion / Poll " and rename it to "Suzumiya Haruhi 2009 Episode 9 Discussion / Poll".

And next thursday do the same with "Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 6 Discussion / Poll".

Also, the "Suzumiya Haruhi: Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody episode 1 discussion / poll" should be renamed to "Suzumiya Haruhi 2009 episode 8 discussion / poll". It is not really the episode 1.
Old 2009-05-31, 10:15   Link #279
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I thought about the rename, but then those who have just watched S1 would have trouble to find the right thread for discussion

Unless we can change all the name and have a dual name system, with the EP's name ( Suzumiya Haruhi: Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody) follow by aired number (aired episode 15 ) and chronological order (chronological episode 8)

Something like this:

Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 15(chronological episode 8): Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody discussion/poll
Old 2009-05-31, 10:47   Link #280
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
The problem is that Bamboo Leaf is not called "episode 15 (or 1)" in anywhere.

However it could be something like: "Suzumiya Haruhi 2009 Episode 9 (previously Episode 7) Discussion / Poll" for the old episodes. (the new ones wouldn't need to be doublenamed).
Closed Thread