AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-03-31, 00:15   Link #2881
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Yes, but even so the Wolkenritter are older, I guess, even Ixpellia is older than this. And "ancient" is not the word I use for things that happen 100 years ago. I just say they need to give us a more clear line of what the hell happen back then. Also the medieval look of everything doesn't add up.
Old 2013-03-31, 00:29   Link #2882
Justin_Brett

So, about eighty years since Ancient Belka came to an end. Seems reasonable.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 00:32   Link #2883
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

From what I understand of previous translation discussions, the moonrunes would be more accurately translated as "Old Belka" rather than "Ancient Belka".
Old 2013-03-31, 00:32   Link #2884
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Ancient Belka 'timeline' is a horrible, horrible mess.

It's everything from unknown centuries ago up until 80 years before StrikerS.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 00:45   Link #2885
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

The timeline is a bit of a mess, since we don't know where Al-Hazard enters on all this for starts but then again 80 yeasrs seems to be so little time. I mean on some Vivid chapters they even say there is not goof records of the time so they don't know a lot of things but in this technological wonder land 80 years doesn't seem enough time to lost records. Hey you might even find people that were alive back then.
Old 2013-03-31, 04:09   Link #2886
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coin View Post
Wait, I thought the Bureau was established 78 years ago? And the Unification War ended approximately at the same year, 78 years ago? Does that mean that both Olive and Claus have had lived for centuries since the interactions between the two of them in Einhart's dreams are like 600 years old?
According to StrikerS episode 14, the TSAB was founded 150 before StrikerS. They began the "new era" (MC 0001) 75 years before StrikerS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
Yes, but even so the Wolkenritter are older, I guess, even Ixpellia is older than this. And "ancient" is not the word I use for things that happen 100 years ago. I just say they need to give us a more clear line of what the hell happen back then. Also the medieval look of everything doesn't add up.
The medieval look is because A's established Belka to use knights, and Tsuzuki cannot into combine knights with modern technology and architecture.

The 100 years fumble is because in Vivid, Einhart says "this hundred year regret is pent up inside me." Which is... incredibly vague, but can be easily read as "this stuff happened 100 years ago."
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 05:58   Link #2887
Mr Coin
Heads or Tails?

Ack, the time-line is really confusing. Either Einhart's memories of "600" years ago is really unreliable or there is a misinterpretation in the english subs.
Mr Coin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 15:55   Link #2888
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

There is also the fact that when they analyzed Vivio’s blood they say her bloodline was from 300 years ago, so her parents will like be dead. Then again is the same church that didn’t notice Vivio was a member of the family they seem to consider god, so I will take that declaration with some healthy doubt. However point remains, 100 is too little time for the huge amount of changes that happen and for this to be consider such ancient history. How something 100 years old as the Cradle fit as Lost Logia, the thing was even crash on Mid-Childa and with this technological wonder land that is Mid right now, and sure as hell 100 years ago, they didn’t notice the giant banana color ship that crashed next to their capital city? But I digress that isn’t the issue here.

So, the timeline is a bit of a mess, we all know that. Maybe, as I say, this will explain. And also give us some info on the Black Jeremiah who was so important and close to Olive that nobody mention her/him up until now.
Old 2013-03-31, 15:57   Link #2889
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The Cradle was considered a Lost Logia even when the Belkans were using it, IIRC, and it wasn't next to Cranagan, but buried on an entirely different portion of the planet.
Old 2013-03-31, 16:03   Link #2890
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well then the thing is really damn fast moving forward because it takes off and we see it flying over Cranagan in no time. Then again it took like 5 hours to leave the atmosphere and make the rest of the way in 10 seconds once it lost Vivio and the engines. You know, is StrikerS, I should not be surprise. But besides that isn’t the issue, the timeline is.
Old 2013-03-31, 18:06   Link #2891
Kuze

That reminds me that it would really have been a decent idea to explain the teachings of the Saint King, oh I don't know, sometime over the past few years? That would've been able to explore Olivie's feelings and ideas probably a lot better than these flashbacks have.
Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 18:08   Link #2892
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Not really, that would just explain how the church views her. Olivie did not found the church, it was formed in her name.
Old 2013-03-31, 18:17   Link #2893
Kuze

I don't think the Church is that much of a con. Even taken out of context, they can at least give some kind of an idea or if not the truth then at least point at the truth for what Olivie felt on a variety of subjects.
Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 18:23   Link #2894
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
Well that is odd because at times they say this is ancient history like several hundred years, and it even look ancient with castles, horses and all that, but this was just 100 years ago? They do work fast to fix everything so easily. And yet this was "Ancient Belka" history.
/delurks

Personal headcanon: Real term was actually "Old Belka." "Ancient" is a mistranslation that was kept because some people apparently thought it sound "cooler" instead of silly

/backs to lurkquarters
Old 2013-03-31, 18:53   Link #2895
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
I don't think the Church is that much of a con. Even taken out of context, they can at least give some kind of an idea or if not the truth then at least point at the truth for what Olivie felt on a variety of subjects.
Which is still going to be based on their image of Olivie. Again, Olivie did not found the church, the church was founded after the unification war had ended, thus after her death. Which means that the people who founded that church only had their own memory, opinions and feelings towards Olivie to work on.
Old 2013-03-31, 19:02   Link #2896
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

They still haven't make clear if they do found this in Olive's name or in the Saint Kaiser title.
Old 2013-03-31, 19:03   Link #2897
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

One of their objects of worship is a piece of paper with Olivie's blood on it. Pretty clear they're worshiping Olivie, but using her title.
Old 2013-03-31, 19:07   Link #2898
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Not really because she was one of the ones that hold the title "Saint Kaiser" so really all of them are important and at no point they say there is no other relics from other Saint Kaisers. Hey, I still think it looks even worse if this people do worship Olivie and yet they let Vivio hang around without figuring out who she was. Besides the armor wasn't an object of worship was just keep there, again, not clear.
Old 2013-03-31, 23:06   Link #2899
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Looking at the full scans of chapter 46, it appears Corona and Rio are both registered librarians at the Infinite Library too.

Also Seiglinde is afraid of ghosts.
Old 2013-03-31, 23:09   Link #2900
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well, I am too, but is odd seing how much power she has. I mean she might as well destroy the haunted house if something scares her.

Tags
vivid