AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2010-01-15, 21:54   Link #41
NingenNoNakuKoroNi

Higurashi original sound novel download trouble

Can anyone help me? I have a PC that runs on Windows Vista and recently purchased a copy of the original Higurashi no Naku Koro ni sound novel by 07th Expansion, but am experiencing extreme difficulty in getting it to download onto my computer. Though I can type and see Japanese text on the web as well as in other programs, my computer can't read the text of the startup menu and either shows me nonsensical symbols or question marks. Furthermore, if I attempt to follow the steps to download the game onto my computer, the loading bar never moves. I am merely shown a small window with E:YfullsrcYRead???.txt -> C:YProgramFilesY07th_ExpansionYhigurashi4YRead???. txt and an empty bar (all Y represent the Japanese yen symbol). Eventually, the disc stops spinning and no matter how long I wait, nothing happens. Understanding that this game predates Vista, I tried switching the compatability of the .exe file to XP, then Me, then 98 and 95, all with the same result of nothing. Looking at the back of the case, the game should be compatible with all those operating systems. So what am I doing wrong here? Why does my game refuse to download? From what I can see, it should be working...
NingenNoNakuKoroNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 12:52   Link #42
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Help me, I just installed Little Busters! on my computer. And when I run it, the japanese font doesn't work. This is strange, since the font should be installed and the font usually works on all of my other games. I've tried running the game with AppLocale, but no luck. When I run it woth AppLocale, only the katakana/hiragana fonts shows. What should I do?
Golden Witch Drugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 13:01   Link #43
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

This is how the text looks, as you can see, the katakana is showing, but the kanji isn't.

Old 2010-02-04, 06:40   Link #44
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Witch Drugs View Post
This is how the text looks, as you can see, the katakana is showing, but the kanji isn't.

Applocale while a good program only goes so far. It's better to just set your system to Japanese locale if you want to play games since it's the setting that they actually expect. This is done by entering Control panel, double clicking the icon called "Regional and Language Options", clicking the advanced tab, clicking the tab under "Language for non-unicode programs", selecting "Japanese" and then clicking apply. After doing this Windows should prompt you to restart, which you must accept in order to completely switch over to Japanese locale. If you are successful then all of your sub-directories should now have a yen symbol instead of a backlash between them. So far this has worked for all of the Japanese games I have ever tried to play on my PC. Best of luck.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 07:03   Link #45
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Applocale while a good program only goes so far. It's better to just set your system to Japanese locale if you want to play games since it's the setting that they actually expect. This is done by entering Control panel, double clicking the icon called "Regional and Language Options", clicking the advanced tab, clicking the tab under "Language for non-unicode programs", selecting "Japanese" and then clicking apply. After doing this Windows should prompt you to restart, which you must accept in order to completely switch over to Japanese locale. If you are successful then all of your sub-directories should now have a yen symbol instead of a backlash between them. So far this has worked for all of the Japanese games I have ever tried to play on my PC. Best of luck.
Yea, I've tried that about a hundred times. The only problem is that it needs one of the Windows XP Discs to work... And I don't have it.
Old 2010-05-11, 02:08   Link #46
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

If you mean with changing to Japanese settings to play Japanese games, I have to disappoint you. You still need to change it. On that screen shot shows you a way to write kanjis.
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 00:55   Link #47
Kenata

When I try to change the language on the non-unicode part, a window appears and says "Please insert the compact disk labeled 'Windows XP Professional CD-ROM' into your CD-ROM drive (D and then click okay."

I don't have this disc, is there anyway around it?
Kenata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 04:46   Link #48
Nihokon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen7Ward View Post
I think you have given most useful information but i want to know.. that is this work in windows 7...
For windows7, go to control panel, then Region and Language -> Administrative -> Change System Locale
Set the system locale to Japanese (Japan), then click OK.
Nihokon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-21, 21:41   Link #49
Drekke

my problem

I have trouble installing Umineko no Naku Koro Ni on my laptop (using Vista). I installed the demo with no problem at all and it works perfectly fine. But when I tried to install Episodes 1-4 it freezes partway through installation. If I try to run Onscripter it informs me not to use vista, and to try reinsalling with japanese locale settings (which I have done) I am at a loss as to what to try now, and I have to finish these I already read the first one

(also looking through the folder it seems ot have missed installing just about everything, all of the subfolders are missing (so music, sound effects, etc)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

*edit* oh wait, if I downloaded it without changing my region, and then installed it with the correct region would that cause this type of error?

Last edited by Drekke; 2011-01-21 at 23:34.
Drekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 23:18   Link #50
lightningfire
gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narukahana View Post
For windows7, go to control panel, then Region and Language -> Administrative -> Change System Locale
Set the system locale to Japanese (Japan), then click OK.
thank you for the information, for a min there, i was kinda confused where do i go to change this on my windows7
It’s a matter of keeping close the pain that causes you harm
lightningfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 16:27   Link #51
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Hi, I've recently decided to start trying out AGTH, with Atlas. I'm given to understand that there are now other autotranslate tools out there that can use almost any translation software out there (including Google translate, Babelfish etc.).

My question is: What's currently the best translater at the moment? Is it Atlas? Or is it one of the others?
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 18:16   Link #52
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

In my personal opinion. Atlas was the worst translation source for me when I was using auto-hooking devices. My personal favorites are Google, OCN, and FreeTranslation while using ITH for the hooking text part since I didn't understand the requirements for AGTH that well Of course none of the translation sources are ever better then the other, so using Translation Aggregator and its multiple source translation sites kept me looking for the translation that made the most sense.
Old 2011-09-05, 09:02   Link #53
Nihokon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drekke View Post
I have trouble installing Umineko no Naku Koro Ni on my laptop (using Vista). I installed the demo with no problem at all and it works perfectly fine. But when I tried to install Episodes 1-4 it freezes partway through installation. If I try to run Onscripter it informs me not to use vista, and to try reinsalling with japanese locale settings (which I have done) I am at a loss as to what to try now, and I have to finish these I already read the first one

(also looking through the folder it seems ot have missed installing just about everything, all of the subfolders are missing (so music, sound effects, etc)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

*edit* oh wait, if I downloaded it without changing my region, and then installed it with the correct region would that cause this type of error?
Well, because the installation freezes partway, of course you can find lots of missing files. My rough guess is that you have a broken installer. Might be a good idea to download it again.
(And I don't think downloading with Japanese region would make any difference)
Nihokon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 08:29   Link #54
BravoSix
Charlie Company

I think this will work?
Control Panel>Region and language settings>Administrative>Language of non unicoded programs>Change system locale

Click the tap and look for Japan then reset.
BravoSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 20:12   Link #55
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
(And I don't think downloading with Japanese region would make any difference)
Sometimes files upon installation are taken into the wrong direction based on your system locale. But there are occasions where it will just give you a flat "No Japanese = No Installation" message. Did you reboot your computer when you set it to Japanese locale before installing it again?

There have also been previous problems concerning Umineko installation and the files disappearing.

Quote:
Something that may be worth trying: drag and drop all files currently on the disk into the Umineko folder that was created by the failed installation. This is usually used to solve problems caused by not having the language packs installed, but it may work for you as well.
Is one other answer someone gave for the missing file case.

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-09-15 at 20:31.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 18:13   Link #56
Bila
*Graphic Designer

Hi, i'm currently have some problems when installing the visual novel G-senjou no Maou in windows 7 with applocale, the problem is that even when i set the applocale language in japanese the kanji or the jp runes that i dont know the name dont show, just some strange simbols, like that
Spoiler for PrintScreen, pretty big img:

Well, i have already used applocale to try change the configs in Grief Syndrome, and the jp shows perfectly.
Also just another question, when i change my locale to jp, it changes something in windows like the language?
Thanks for the attention.
Old 2011-11-08, 09:48   Link #57
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bila View Post
Hi, i'm currently have some problems when installing the visual novel G-senjou no Maou in windows 7 with applocale, the problem is that even when i set the applocale language in japanese the kanji or the jp runes that i dont know the name dont show, just some strange simbols, like that
Spoiler for PrintScreen, pretty big img:

Well, i have already used applocale to try change the configs in Grief Syndrome, and the jp shows perfectly.
Also just another question, when i change my locale to jp, it changes something in windows like the language?
Thanks for the attention.
Hmm, i installed this straight out. I dont think these odd characters should be a problem, just install as you would. Then, install the english patch so you may read it.

Not sure about windows becoming Japanese after changing the locale, I'm afraid too >:
Old 2011-11-08, 10:42   Link #58
Bila
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Hmm, i installed this straight out. I dont think these odd characters should be a problem, just install as you would. Then, install the english patch so you may read it.

Not sure about windows becoming Japanese after changing the locale, I'm afraid too >:
yeah i'm afraid of putting the windows at a japanese locale and it turns in jp, and the computer is for all my family, so i dont want to broke it D;
nway thanks i will try it ~
Installed, and its ok, but when i use the english patch says that the game isnt installed on the folder and the patcher installs the game for me wtf lol

Last edited by Bila; 2011-11-08 at 12:10.
Bila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 22:22   Link #59
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

My computer has japanese Locale changed and still has fonts issue.
Spoiler:
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wiki candidate