AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 30 27.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 34.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 8.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.93%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-30, 22:26   Link #121
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by aorta View Post
Buy stock in Timotei. Just saying.
Good idea. I should also find a stake in the May 2007 issue of Newtype judging by the fact Konata's postcard is in there (Oh it's going to be in there for real, you can count on it). Buy em all up and then Scalp em or something.
Old 2007-05-30, 22:40   Link #122
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Good idea. I should also find a stake in the May 2007 issue of Newtype judging by the fact Konata's postcard is in there (Oh it's going to be in there for real, you can count on it). Buy em all up and then Scalp em or something.
Except that issue went on sale in March.

Old 2007-05-30, 22:50   Link #123
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Yes, she was in the hentai section. Blame or bless her father for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
Spoiler:
No, this was not the hentai section. (The ones that you could see were not hentai). The blurring was so that they didn't have to pay copyrights on anything and could still sorta refer to some series. The other thing is, in Japan, the adult section and the regular section are right next to each other in some stores.
Old 2007-05-30, 22:59   Link #124
KwAzi3

Did anyone else just love the song during the relay XD
Old 2007-05-30, 23:04   Link #125
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Wasnt it the same as the insert song during the Initial D parody while Yui-san was driving? Just without the lyrics...

....what is that song anyway?
Old 2007-05-30, 23:22   Link #126
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

I might mimic Kaoishin-sama's method of posting thoughts...

- Am I the only one that thinks that the OP animation now feels detached from the music?

(01:47) Kona: "Which daughter are you talking about?" --- Could she mean that Izumi-chi-chi used to do that to her mother?

(02:39) Is it just me or is Tsukasa intentionally ignorant of Konata?
(02:57) Kagami 0 - 1 Kona
(03:20) Kagami 0 - 2 Kona
(03:45) Wait...I thought Kona's personality type is usually ostracized in social life, but here the class is laughing with her.
(04:10) Uh-huh.
(04:32) ...they seem to secretly resent Kona.
(~05:00) Dammit Miyuki, stop being so boring.
(05:25) Kagami 1 - 2 Kona
(05:42) BGM coordination is a little bit disjointed lately.
(06:20) Can totally jab a strategy game reference here...like double damage from behind.
(07:10) OWNAGE!
(07:15) MORE OWNAGE!
(07:30) Sniper. Totally.
(07:57-02) WTF...I never knew you can button mash like that.
(08:49) Godlike BGM here. Can't wait to hear that in the OST.
(10:01) Uh-oh...she's got the eyes-covered secretive expression.
(10:29) Win by fanservice? I never seem to be attracted to those.
(11:21-30) Okay...they're totally upping Tsukasa's moe-factor with overalls. She looks 10. Kyon's Imouto and Ikamori Mika come to mind right there.
(13:00) I'm sorry, but those Tsukasa-centric moe skits are starting to get old, even though this is possibly the first occurence that she has attracted me.
(14:15-18) Kagami 1 - 3 Kona. Great use of silence here.
(14:45) Kagami 1 - Kona 3 - TSUKASA SURPRISE 1. The more I think about it the more I think Tsukasa's secretly (or even innocently) resentful against Kona. I get it...they hate how she's stealing the show and they're all ganging up to dethrone her, with Tsukasa spearheading the assault.
(16:18) You sound like a mom, Kagami. Be Kona's.
(16:28) WTF. Period.
(16:42-45) MOMMY I DID IT!!!
(16:54) Haha...great Kagami jab and quick apology. Did she somehow have the unpleasant experience of a fully depressed Kona?
(17:54) Yep...we know.
(18:23) Well, there's your supposedly extended Lucky Channel here, Kaoishin-sama. Only this time it's hard to complain.
(18:37) Whoa...he got it right with a straight face!
(18:46) Amazing mirroring of public opinion. Cookies for KyoAni.
(18:49) No, no, no, Shirashi. You're perfectly fine. Keep up the rebellion.
(19:11) That's it...Akira has cemented her status as Official Loli-B*tch.
(19:28) 1upped. Perhaps Lucky Channel is really all about Shirashi.
(19:40) Akira got spammed.
(19:54) Shirashi's getting bolder by the minute.
(20:00) If you replace him, Akira, we'll totally disregard you and your crap channel. Shirashi is now officially the only reason I watch LC.
(20:20-30) I laughed like a maniac at Shirashi's pronounciation. That is perfect comedic Engrish right there, anime studios. Get it right. Doooon't Touch Me.
(21:11) Stay alive, man. We'll be waiting for you.
(21:19) Damn right, Akira. We hate you.
(21:36) Holy crap, Mr. Kujira. Talk about budget shortage.
(~23:30) Sorry Miyuki fans, but the only reason I stick around when she does the preview is for the rarely lengthened preview BGM.

This is the first episode that I find myself with absolutely no complaints about. 10 out of 10, finally.
Old 2007-05-30, 23:37   Link #127
JediNight
キズランダム

Anyone know what anime the Relay race is supposed to make fun of? With that special BGM and the way they present the scene, I assume it's referring to some sports anime. I don't follow sports anime really, so I don't know what ones would be about track.
Old 2007-05-30, 23:38   Link #128
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Anyone know what anime the Relay race is supposed to make fun of? With that special BGM and the way they present the scene, I assume it's referring to some sports anime. I don't follow sports anime really, so I don't know what ones would be about track.
I'm pretty sure its the exact same BGM as the one they used in the Initial D! parody.

Also did nobody catch the Pseudo Gundam Reference (The paraphrased Char Quote) that the teacher uttered. It's at about 6:27-6:31.

Also I hereby demand that the mystery loli that appears at the 8:06 mark be in every episode from now on. In like 10 seconds she is more loli-moe than the entire cast of the episode.

Oh and I just now sat down for the ending theme. Man! Aya Hirano is a champion at bad Engrish.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-05-30 at 23:51.
Old 2007-05-31, 00:11   Link #129
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

The following is based on[a.f.k.]'s fansub.

(Very Brief) Random Thoughts on Ep08:
---- ----
  • Now that the official lyrics has been released, it still astounds me how mind-numbingly fast the lyrics are...
  • I agree with Konata. Don't cut your hair, Kagami!
  • What main event after the sports festival? I'm as clueless as Tsukasa here. Can somebody fill me in?
  • Miyuki's saintly dodges. What's more hilarious is that even Tsukasa was thinking bad thoughts!
  • Nanako encourages her students to commit violence.
  • Kagami breaks the 4th wall again when she comments on Konata's imagery.
  • I can't stop laughing from the BGM during Tsukasa's hurdles race.
  • Miyuki's victory in the relay race reminded me of Nayuki from Kanon(2006). Was this incident in the 4Koma?
  • The visual gag of Tsukasa's ribbon getting more and more jagged was a nice touch.
  • First time Konata gets visibly angry at Tsukasa. Goes to show that even the underdog can get their bones from time to time.
  • Konata craving attention from Kagami was creepy, and very different from their usual dynamics.
Cheers.
Old 2007-05-31, 00:32   Link #130
Ffenix Rising
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
[*]What main event after the sports festival? I'm as clueless as Tsukasa here. Can somebody fill me in?
In Japan, typically, after a sports festival there's the dance around the bonfire where boys and girls pair up. Near the end of the sports festival conversation, Kagami mentioned about training for the sports festival, Konata suspects that Kagami has an ulterior motive to stay fit... and that is to snag a guy at the end of sports festival, the dance around the bonfire - the main event.

Or at least I'm certain that's what Konata was implying.

(Note: quite a few anime series have sports festivals with the bonfire dance afterwards, such as To Heart, so that's why I made the conjecture.)
Old 2007-05-31, 00:35   Link #131
Ffenix Rising
*Graphic Designer

(Note 2: By the way, do Japanese students still have the bonfire dance after the sports festival, or any festival for that
matter?)

(Bah! Stupid double post...)
Old 2007-05-31, 00:41   Link #132
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffenix Rising View Post
In Japan, typically, after a sports festival there's the dance around the bonfire where boys and girls pair up. Near the end of the sports festival conversation, Kagami mentioned about training for the sports festival, Konata suspects that Kagami has an ulterior motive to stay fit... and that is to snag a guy at the end of sports festival, the dance around the bonfire - the main event.

Or at least I'm certain that's what Konata was implying.

(Note: quite a few anime series have sports festivals with the bonfire dance afterwards, such as To Heart, so that's why I made the conjecture.)
My thoughts, exactly!
But with Kagami's luck, she'll get paired up with Konata!

Old 2007-05-31, 00:44   Link #133
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
My thoughts, exactly!

Nono... Kagami gets paired up with Konata's father.

(refer to Kaorin and Kimura-sensei from Azumanga Daioh for full effect)

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-31, 00:56   Link #134
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:

Cheers.
You're evil! EVIL! (in a good way)

(now why didn't I think of that!)

Old 2007-05-31, 01:05   Link #135
Ffenix Rising
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
(18:46) Amazing mirroring of public opinion. Cookies for KyoAni.
It's things like this that makes me respect the show's producers and animators more and more. Now, I wish the people of Kyoto Animation would grill their fanatics and detractors in their anime more. THAT would really make my day.
Old 2007-05-31, 01:08   Link #136
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

^
I was thinking the same thing. Only with me, my mind is more and less in the gutter (I blame Kona and flags) in that I'm also thinking what happens after that as well. Needless to say, I was laughing hysterical at that part. (dead silence plus clueless tsukasa played a part as well)

Another hilarious part would be Tsukasa pointing out that chocolate cornets are considered desserts as well. Though to be fair, its Kona's reaction that made it so funny. XD

Miyuki gets plus points for me this time around. I actually find the fanservice around her to be tasteful compared to fanservice in other series. Plus, serious!Miyuki blew the other girls this time around. <3

LC is great as ever (clipboard upside down + glare = chuckleworthy), though I really didn't like the ED. C'mon, mo' lyrics pwease! >_>

As for the preview, absolutely worthless! It was just the three girls walking around? C'mon, now!

What I want to know though is why is Kona-dad attending athletic festivals to take pictures of high school girls. Isn't he supposed to be a lolicon?

Also, afk subs said that the Newtype was the May issue, when the cover said June. Mistake on afk's part, or did Kona really did say May issue? (Yes yes, I'm aware of the fact that the magazines issues 'come out' one month before their printed date)

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2007-05-31, 01:19   Link #137
Ffenix Rising
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
LC is great as ever (clipboard upside down + glare = chuckleworthy), though I really didn't like the ED. C'mon, mo' lyrics pwease! >_>

As for the preview, absolutely worthless! It was just the three girls walking around? C'mon, now!
"Hey! Last week, you guys complained about having no preview, so this week we made it longer, and you guys still complain! Ingrates!"

- Yasuhiro Takemoto, current director for Lucky Star

"You people complained when Konata sounded like Hirano-san, so that's why we did away with her lyrics for this week's show... and now you people complain again! Man, we just can't get a break with you people!"

- Satoru Kousaki, music/composer for Lucky Star

(Okay, they obviously didn't say that, but I wouldn't be surprised if they thought about creating the karaoke sequence and next episode preview in their offices to spite their so-called fans.)
Old 2007-05-31, 01:25   Link #138
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
My thoughts, exactly!

Quote:

Cheers.
Quote:
You're evil! EVIL! (in a good way)

(now why didn't I think of that!)

Now with video reference. Just pretend that Kaorin is Kagami, and Kimura is Konata's father.

Spoiler for embedded YouTube video.:
Cheers.
Old 2007-05-31, 04:57   Link #139
Dop
Mmmm....

Well, not everyone might have seen it yet, so spoilers...
Spoiler for ep. 8:
Old 2007-05-31, 05:15   Link #140
JediNight
キズランダム

I thought the Karaoke for Ep8 was really funny. Adding a song with a really long intro so that they barely get to sing before it's cut off rofl...
Closed Thread