AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-08, 08:36   Link #2021
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Oh, and there is Mai HiME. Although that is arguably creepy yuri...
Yandere Of Yuri? hahaha... Y-O-Y
Old 2013-01-08, 08:45   Link #2022
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyuno View Post
@NK_500

It's a well-written parody but too bad you seems to missing something like Honey could be flat-chested loli. I know what you try to show us there but at least in my opinion reversed-gendered Ouran could not as popular and critically acclaimed as it is now.
That's because I intended to make "Honey-Chan" as a small but still have some sort of "endowment", if you really understand what I means. I also agree with you the reversed-gender Ouran would not as popular as most people will attack it as a shitty ecchi harem show just like what I imagined earlier. I had enough with this Ouran hate...

I may already mentioned this one earlier but I think High School of the Dead also one of anime that I hate but it had massive fanbase, thanks to its zombies. Critics hate it too but that didn't stop from becoming one of the most popular anime out there.
Old 2013-01-08, 08:58   Link #2023
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Women are even weirder. They can hate moeblob shows like K-On and Hidamari Sketch but at same time indulging themselves something like Kimi to Boku(basically K-On with boys and even less music) and bishounen fanservice shows. Double standard at its finest. How some fangirls defended K amuses me, in bad way.
Quote:
Maybe you just worry that this thread could turn into a fans-haters battlefield but as an ecchi fan myself I'm already used being thrown shit at. Do I fight them back? No. I hope shoujo fans can do the same.
Oh my god...the irony is killing me....

Gods, can't stop laughing....

Quote:
Say anything you love to hate about ecchi action shows like Sekirei and Manyuu Hikenchou and replaced them with pretty boys and you got yourself K.
K has deeper background than your average ecchi action like say DxD...it may be fanservice but you cannot deny that at the very least
Old 2013-01-08, 09:11   Link #2024
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Wow, I never thought K would get this much hate. o_o

Quote:
For me Ouran is just another copy-paste issue just like I said earlier to K. Say what you love to hate about ecchi harem shows and replaced it with pretty boys you got yourself Ouran. Say anything you love to hate about ecchi action shows like Sekirei and Manyuu Hikenchou and replaced them with pretty boys and you got yourself K.

I also hate to say this but both are just fan-pandering to the max. The only obvious difference between both are the marketing audiences.
I'm pretty sure the only thing ecchi about K is Neko's tendency to be naked. And that's not enough to compare it with Sekirei and Manyuu Hikenchou, considering they have differing levels of exposure of the female anatomy.

Also, please avoid throwing out too many buzzwords like harem (usually used for any series that has one guy MC with multiple female MCs, even if an main couple has been established, like in Horizon) and fan-pandering (the only anime series that doesn't cater to its fans is an anime series that doesn't exist in the first place).

Another thing: I think it's wrong for a man to like yaoi. Just saying.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-01-08, 09:18   Link #2025
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Yandere Of Yuri? hahaha... Y-O-Y
To be honest the first thing that came in mind when I witnessed Shizuru's murderous crush was The Cable Guy.
Old 2013-01-08, 14:43   Link #2026
kitten320

Lol Mai HiME is actually what brought me into yuri world
And even though I don't approve some of Shizuru's actions, I still like her

What I noticed between yuri and yaoi shows is that yaoi once are usually more romance orientated. Guys are so emotional and sensitive there that sometimes I want to face palm. And almost every shows ends up with sex at some point...
While yuri ones usually have some action going on like gun fights and etc. Or they are really calm... Strawberry Panic is probably the only one who came closest to being portrayed as yaoi.
Old 2013-01-08, 15:46   Link #2027
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Lol Mai HiME is actually what brought me into yuri world
And even though I don't approve some of Shizuru's actions, I still like her

What I noticed between yuri and yaoi shows is that yaoi once are usually more romance orientated. Guys are so emotional and sensitive there that sometimes I want to face palm. And almost every shows ends up with sex at some point...
While yuri ones usually have some action going on like gun fights and etc. Or they are really calm... Strawberry Panic is probably the only one who came closest to being portrayed as yaoi.
^ That is kind of odd since that that is the kind of stuff that you should be seeing in shonen.
Old 2013-01-08, 18:42   Link #2028
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
[...]

The short of it is: Bleach had a lot of great ideas and vast potential, but the author limited himself severely and went in a strange direction that just didn't pay off. Well, except for Bleach being popular among the masses.

Also, who needs "sv_cheats 1" and "god" when you have plot armor?
I'd rep you if I could.

Bleach is seriously the worst piece of s**t I've ever, ever read....and this is coming from a former fan of the series. What started out as a fun adventure series basically turned into Who Will Kubo Pander to on a weekly basis. I've never read anything...whether it's manga or even regular novels...in which the author continuously craps on just about every single character except Gary Stu Ichigo..and a few select shinigami. I mean, shit....Kubo retcons things ALL THE DAMN TIME and even resurrect one of the more popular characters after it was obvious that said character was f**king dead TWICE. All because? FANSERVICE.

I mean, Chad gets trounced on just by looking at someone, Inoue is fanservice at this point and Rukia? Oy vey....She's fodder at this point. Resolve fodder. And Kubo apparently forgot that certain other characters exist, like Ishida and Yoruichi.

The only reason I even still read it at this point is the fact that I've been reading it for years and it's hard to stop...so basically I just read it to snark on it at this point. So many good ways where Kubo could've taken the story...and to be fair, he could still change things...but for now? I wish this series would die...or that Kubo would off a favorite character so I can have an excuse to finally drop it.

Bleach needs to die. And the Kubo stans (not on here as far as I know but on other sites) are weird.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-01-09 at 02:30. Reason: cropped quote a bit to save space
Old 2013-01-08, 18:45   Link #2029
NoemiChan
Banned

I second Bleach. It's so damn long that I don't know where its heading.....
Old 2013-01-08, 19:37   Link #2030
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
I second Bleach. It's so damn long that I don't know where its heading.....
To the finish line, or so I hear. Supposedly Bleach will be ending soonish. Supposedly.

It's amazing to me how long a series can last purely based on people liking it. If Bleach were anything but popular I'm certain that it would not have made it as far as it has. One of the things that really bothers me is how popular shows like this eclipse other properties that are very skillfully crafted and paced.
Old 2013-01-08, 19:40   Link #2031
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
To the finish line, or so I hear. Supposedly Bleach will be ending soonish. Supposedly.

It's amazing to me how long a series can last purely based on people liking it. If Bleach were anything but popular I'm certain that it would not have made it as far as it has. One of the things that really bothers me is how popular shows like this eclipse other properties that are very skillfully crafted and paced.
Blame media. They're very influential..... People gets hypnotized after forced being watched a series all over and over again.....
Old 2013-01-08, 20:00   Link #2032
Traece

Quote:
Blame media. They're very influential..... People gets hypnotized after forced being watched a series all over and over again.....
In the U.S. I suspect it's related to presence on TV. I suspect a lot of popularity for Bleach, Code Geass, Inuyasha, and Naruto comes from them having been on TV. They're good enough to be show over a long term, and they're popular because people were able to watch them easily.

Here in the states, with the notable exception of Mobile Suit Gundam which only showed for a couple episodes because of terrible ratings, Toonami is largely responsible for the popularity of a lot of "classic" anime from the 90s through the movement to a weekend slot (which was a terrible decision by Cartoon Network, evidenced by the fact that there was enough complaining to bring it back temporarily). People from my generation that like anime, and even some who don't, absolutely know those shows and more often than not consider them to be classics.
Old 2013-01-08, 20:02   Link #2033
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
In the U.S. I suspect it's related to presence on TV. I suspect a lot of popularity for Bleach, Code Geass, Inuyasha, and Naruto comes from them having been on TV. They're good enough to be show over a long term, and they're popular because people were able to watch them easily.
Same here.... It really sucks.
Old 2013-01-08, 20:05   Link #2034
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Inuyasha is still popular???

I liked it enough, but I couldn't get into Final Act.
Old 2013-01-08, 20:06   Link #2035
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

GenjiChan: Well, HERO TV is trying, but that only reaches those with cable TV subscriptions. :/
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-01-08, 20:09   Link #2036
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
GenjiChan: Well, HERO TV is trying, but that only reaches those with cable TV subscriptions. :/
I speak of GMA. They're fake. Glad HERO is affiliated with ABS if I'm not mistaken.
Old 2013-01-08, 20:14   Link #2037
Traece

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post

Inuyasha for all its faults is certainly not very popular right now, but it's well-known among people from the early 90s like myself. It was on Adult Swim for a long time and was viewed by a lot of people. I had many friends in middle school (pre- and early teens, for those of you who don't have these) who were very vocal about their love of the show. Even around when I started coming to Asuki you would've seen some talk about the show. It's just old now, and it hasn't resurfaced in the form of a spin-off or a new movie.

There's not much of a rant to place here since I haven't seen all of Inuyasha, and never will. It's not a bad show. It has a lot of great ideas and it takes advantage of many of them. The plot is lengthy and repetitive because the villain never really changes, but that's not unusual for anime from its time. If you like shows like One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, and Fairy Tail you'd probably enjoy Inuyasha to a degree. Personally, I'm not the hugest fan of the show. Shows that get repetitive in their goals and fail to really have a proper curve along their course tend to bore me. For instance, Code Geass gets points from me for escalating and increasing in scale along the course, and that was something I would expect to see given the story. Inuyasha felt very flat. The story it had it stuck with to the bitter end and although it would have its moments where the group would strengthen itself or meet a fearsome new foe, it would end up becoming fixated again very quickly and have gained little.
Old 2013-01-08, 20:17   Link #2038
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:

But the ending if well done. Unlike some anime out there...
Old 2013-01-08, 21:27   Link #2039
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I remember when Inuyasha was back on AS in the old days...

I like demon/edo stuff but I watched it more because I was a huge fan of Rumiko Takashi (still am) but I stopped after the 10000000th time of 'KAGOME' 'INUYASHA'

I just thought of another one, though it's more of a character:

I liked Fushigi Yugi for the most part...though I read the manga more for the series(only saw a handful of episodes). I'll always have a soft spot for it because it was one of the first series I liked and read.....

But man oh man....I freaking HATE Miaka and even Tamahome.
Old 2013-01-08, 23:09   Link #2040
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:

But man oh man....I freaking HATE Miaka and even Tamahome.
Lol, I used to LOVE them and now I HATE them too.