AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-12, 18:24   Link #1
einhorn303

Dark Horse to print work by POP

I was randomly flipping through Dark Horse's upcoming books when I noticed this:

http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/16-01...derland-Series

I remember seeing POP's "Alice in Wonderland" interpretation, as well as his artbooks and doujinshi. He's a true genius of moe character design. I would never have expected to see such a moe-focusing Comiket-ish artist to be printed in English, but hey, there you go. Maybe Strike Witches on R1 DVD isn't so far off?

Funny how Moetan is passed off as something which is "designed to help Japanese children learn English," though.

Last edited by einhorn303; 2009-02-12 at 19:27.
Old 2009-02-12, 19:19   Link #2
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I actually live not too far from Dark Horse... I've been poking at them for years to pick some unique manga offerings and deploy very carefully into the field. Interesting choice to start with.... (though a good one since it has english roots).

Note: your link leads to a broken page.. they seem to be either moving things around in their website or messing with "deep links".

Heh..... The Moe-tan book series was humorous... but the anime series was a whole other animal of parody, satire, and skewering of the 'loli-mahou-girl+sidekick" absurdity.