AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 07
10: Amazing... 2 3.85%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 0 0%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 6 11.54%
7 out of 10: Good... 15 28.85%
6 out of 10: Average... 12 23.08%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 10 19.23%
4 out of 10: Poor... 3 5.77%
3 out of 10: Bad... 2 3.85%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 1 1.92%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 1 1.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-11-20, 16:56   Link #41
monster

Overall, this episode is only a little bit better for me than last episode. The fighting definitely improved. Although the fact that it did only made last episode's fighting even worse to me. Still, an improvement is an improvement. And yes, Iwark doesn't seem to be a really good dad. He just got back from rescuing Riria, and she's already out of his side. But, my goodness, as soon as those kids showed up, I thought, "Please don't take them to the Diva." And what did Grodek do? He took them to the Diva. Oh, sure, he has a "valid" reason to do so. I just hope they're not going to take those children with them when they leave.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I like Flit's conversation with the Zalam guy and how he is at odds with himself, and what is he planning to do with the Gundam. I definitely understand where Flit's coming from, his disbelief at those two factions at war with each other with no apparent reasons. But then, when the UE attacks, suddenly the two factions go "You go ahead! We will cover for you!", which is really ridiculous.
It's the opposite for me. I dislike Flit's conversation with those guys because he completely ignored what Don said earlier. In fact, Don had to repeat it again, and still Flit had no answer. It's a good thing the UE was there to break the conversation. And I actually don't mind the two factions teaming up. It's not like they're all buddies all of a sudden. They just have their priorities correct (in this case) and they know the UE is a big problem.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 17:24   Link #42
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

The new equipments reminds me of this
Spoiler for Machine gun punch:
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 18:39   Link #43
Appel

i hope they dont keep up the trend of making the episodes worse each week :P
teasing the titus in the preview of episode 6 and only showing it for like 10 seconds in episode 7 really is a dickmove. this whole episode was so obviously a filler just to have a reason to make the titus appear...
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 19:14   Link #44
PzIVf3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
taking from wiki:

AGE-1 Normal type weight is 43.4 Tons.

AGE-1 Titus type weight is 62.5 tons

why would the Titus be able to jump while the Normal type wouldn't? theres a increase of 20~ tons, and no increase in thrusters?

The thruster on his feet gives the extra lift.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 19:33   Link #45
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
I swear that the Euba commander type mobile suit was a CGUE. Kill it with Fire!
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 20:11   Link #46
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Not a bad episode, did seem a bit more comical than the other episodes, but it was still enjoyable. The MS action between Zalem and Euba was great, I loved all the different weapons they had. The highlight for me was when the Titus punched the Baqto and it just flew off the screen. Didn't seem to bother it much though, heh. It sucks the Titus was saved for the end, but at least the action will still be going in the next episode.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 20:20   Link #47
ion475
にこにこにー

I don't know what to make of this. Of course, it's nice to see Gundam already get damaged after only 7 episodes. On the other hand, I try so hard not to laugh during the episode, but it's just...I don't know where to start.

The Zaku v. Zaku Zalam v. Euba action is nice. The part when the old Zalam dude talk about how Flit is living in the past = as much as Grodek want to dispute it, it still holds true. On the other hand, though, that Zalam dude should have just pull out a gun and shoot Flit, steal Gundam, and dominate Euba. So what if some brat said that it's his? If Grodek steps in, shoot him as well...

Last note = I guess it's still too early to kill off Largan...

Another last note = Still waiting for Yamada Yurin to reappear. That should finally move the story instead of having an arc that's nothing but filler...
ion475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 20:22   Link #48
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I'm curious what the updated Genoace Custom can do now.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 20:25   Link #49
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I'm curious what the updated Genoace Custom can do now.
It's not an updated Genoace, it's an entirely different machine...

I think, right?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 20:29   Link #50
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
It's not an updated Genoace, it's an entirely different machine...
You're talking about Wolf's new MS? It's complete new (called G-Exes). Largan is the one only getting to used an updated Genoace instead of spanking new MS.

As far as how more powerful it is compared to Genoace, I've no clue...
ion475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 20:51   Link #51
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

This series is just not cutting it for me. The two warring factions are a joke, as is the 2ft tall old man who leads one of them, and the two morons who stand behind him and say the same thing over and over again in unison. What is the point of that? This conflict seems more like a sports rivalry than a war.
Old 2011-11-20, 22:38   Link #52
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
This conflict seems more like a sports rivalry than a war.
Precisely. It is tradition. Those poor people and outsiders would never get it. These are not the alliances of old but two very rich families that has devolved into gang turf warfare.

If the Federation military on Fardain weren't corrupt these two groups would have been shut up long ago.

As Grodek is trying to convey the Federation military is nothing more now than just ceremonial in nature. It has neither the experience or preserved its traditions.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 23:03   Link #53
justavisitor

boo...i was hoping to see how the gundam equips the new armor...guess the staff couldn't sort this out XD

and something about the timing in this episode seems strange...all of a sudden gundam catches the UE that is about to crash the jeep, and then, Genoace shows up at the base, and boom, Genoaces stands right in front of the UE in the next moment...then gundam teleports to the base to get the new toys and teleports again for the rescue...it would be far better if they can add some "running against the time" moments, so audiences will feel more involved whether the gundam can make it in time to save the day (like how setsuna tries to save Lockon but fail in s1), but instead, they chop it into many little parts....
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 00:50   Link #54
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

The info-dump by Don on Grodek's past was like the biggest rolls eyes moment for me...Elegant thugs don't just spill the beans like that (Unless it's forcefully extracting character development)...Overall the episode had massive facepalm moments, but I did enjoy Don getting his fake Rumba Rawl on, and purple Zaku's look pretty sweet, although the animation has dipped so noticeably of late it's hard to get into the battle...I say every series, give me one vs. one sorties, but AGE's vs. fighting is so generic, a more chaotic scenario might proof visually more engaging...I just wish they could put more care in the fight-choreography department, Cool suit just blocking beams with one arm- has got to stop...

Finally, You'd probably expect me to hate the new Gundam, but I gave the ep an extra point, because I don't give a $hit^^, that was the Franky Franky One Piece Gundam, and I chuckled profusely by seeing it...A good chuckle mind you...

6/10...
Old 2011-11-21, 01:37   Link #55
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post

The thruster on his feet gives the extra lift.
The thruster under it's feet is there on the Normal type aswell.

http://dalong.net/review/age/agh01/p/agh01_32.jpg
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 08:24   Link #56
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Good to see G-Exe finally showing up next episode. So far the story is still a bit slow, and not much is going on in moving the plot forward. I was expecting Age to move a lot faster than typical gundam shows since the characters need to grow up and pass on to the next generation.

Didn't realize Age couldn't fly.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 09:51   Link #57
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Good to see G-Exe finally showing up next episode. So far the story is still a bit slow, and not much is going on in moving the plot forward. I was expecting Age to move a lot faster than typical gundam shows since the characters need to grow up and pass on to the next generation.

Didn't realize Age couldn't fly.
I agree. Given the short number of episodes each generation has, I expected the story to be a LOT faster than it is now. Given the current rate it's going, all this will probably just lead up to one major battle at the UE fortress before the next generation kicks in.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 10:48   Link #58
klare

slightly better than eps 6 but still... was a little shocked to see the way AGE is running while chasing the UE

sadly, this is the first Gundam series i drop
Old 2011-11-21, 11:04   Link #59
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidvanz View Post
2ch Episode 7 Discussion Thread: http://dec.2chan.net/18/res/14786239.htm
I apologize for nitpicking, but the link is 2chan(Futaba), not 2ch(2channel/ni channeru), 2 totally different boards.

That aside, I'm getting more and more disappointed by AGE. The weapons look uncool, and the choreography, how should I put it......? Looks like this anime is really meant for kids. D:
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 11:12   Link #60
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
This series is just not cutting it for me. The two warring factions are a joke, as is the 2ft tall old man who leads one of them, and the two morons who stand behind him and say the same thing over and over again in unison. What is the point of that? This conflict seems more like a sports rivalry than a war.
Sports rivalry, seems that way this episode thats for sure. I so wanted to give this a 5, i don't know where to began.

They really revealed about Grodek's family this early on huh? And looked like Grodek was somehow expected Flit to be "aye lets get em" since they both lost their family to the UE but Flit wasn't looking all on board.
Rest of the episode tho was just.......... Too much convenient factors, piss poor animations, fights uneventful, rallies held by Emily, a Gundam forty yard dash. I just want to laugh this episode off and forget that i watched it. The canister floating over Emily's head and landing in the yard. The sound it made in the air and when it hit the ground. Just comedy. "Gundam head twitches suddenly turns left" Flit: "This is the gundam evolution!!!"" Episode just killed me. Definitely not watching this one twice.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion