AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

Old 2012-05-05, 13:15   Link #2061
Sheep_

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...lated-for-fall

So the only things we know about the movie so far are
1. Not a recap
2. Will not be covering the spin off games
3. Will not be about Suzuha
4. Will have a serious plot for the series.

I'm guessing because Robotics;Notes is going to be airing with in the same time frame the movie will cover what ever event is connecting the two.

Considering if you look at the R;N opening the rocket launch is a few months before the events of S;G. Also the fact the divergence meter is playing some sort of role again. Because it's shown in the opening along with the lyrics being

An invaluable promise was exchanged here
Guiding us through the illuminated darkness
Delivering us to this special World Line
Old 2012-05-07, 14:27   Link #2062
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep_ View Post

1. Not a recap

I'm guessing because Robotics;Notes is going to be airing with in the same time frame the movie will cover what ever event is connecting the two.

Considering if you look at the R;N opening the rocket launch is a few months before the events of S;G. Also the fact the divergence meter is playing some sort of role again. Because it's shown in the opening along with the lyrics being

Hmmm, that would be interesting...Is this assuming that the movie is continuing off the 'canonical' timeline, aka the true ending and the anime ending? I for one, welcome more Makise Kurisu and Okabe Rintarou relationship canon. Can't just leave us hanging after that OVA! :P
Old 2012-05-09, 06:30   Link #2063
word sux

Quote:

1. Not a recap

sweet!

I can't wait to see what its about
Old 2012-05-09, 06:36   Link #2064
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:

1. Not a recap

Ok, got that. I'll wait for it. El Psy Congroo
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 23:02   Link #2065
HeartlessEponine
~Love and Fire~

Pretty interesting tactic they've pulled off. I'm quite excited. But sadly, I think there's a chance we have to wait for around 5-6 months or so for the Blue Ray Disc release and waiting for a fansub group to pick it up.

But both the S;G movie and the premier of R;N anime are a perfect birthday gifts for me. (Birthday month is in the Fall Season) lol
HeartlessEponine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 10:45   Link #2066
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartlessEponine View Post
Pretty interesting tactic they've pulled off. I'm quite excited. But sadly, I think there's a chance we have to wait for around 5-6 months or so for the Blue Ray Disc release and waiting for a fansub group to pick it up.

But both the S;G movie and the premier of R;N anime are a perfect birthday gifts for me. (Birthday month is in the Fall Season) lol
I'm hoping the R;N anime doesn't flop like Chaos;Head though. I wonder if we'll see some cameos from the S;G cast other than Nae. Married Okabe and Christina.
Old 2012-05-18, 22:47   Link #2067
HeartlessEponine
~Love and Fire~

S;N seemed to got a lot of appeal due to the fact that the art was made by the great huke and it was something unique in its own way. Not to mention that it has a unique storyline as well.

And yeah, that would be great. Seeing Kyouma and Kuristina in R;N. But I doubt it though. R;N's art is not hukeish.
HeartlessEponine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 20:13   Link #2068
Sheep_

Just a head's up apparently Funimation is going to be premiering the dub at Otakon. Meaning they'll most likely reveal the voice cast and a release date that's more exact. (since the current release window is fall 2012)
Old 2012-07-18, 14:33   Link #2069
Sheep_

(sorry for double posting but)

The dub cast has been revealed

OKABE J. Michael Tatum
MAKISE Trina Nishimura
MAYURI Jackie Ross
DARU Tyson Rinehart
SUZUHA Cherami Leigh
JOHN TITOR Patrick Seitz
BRAUN Christopher R. Sabat
NAE Brina Palencia
RUKA Lindsay Seidel
MOEKA Jessica Cavanagh

First trailer: http://youtu.be/izjHBax0PEw
Old 2012-07-18, 18:52   Link #2070
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Lots of newcomers in the cast, Mayuri's VA hasn't done any other roles it looks like, but I'm interested (and she did the "tuturu~" PERFECTLY).
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 19:03   Link #2071
GDB

Yeah, she didn't sound as ditzy during normal conversation as I'd have liked, but that Tuturu was PERFECT.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 23:07   Link #2072
Utsuro no Hako

Is it just me or does Daru sound like George Costanza?
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 22:04   Link #2073
Berserkguard

Video is private =/

On an unrelated note, after doing a search in Google for "Kurisu", this was the third result: http://www.wowhead.com/item=47501/kurisus-indecision
Any WoW players out there? Thinking I might farm ToC for this item on my mage xD

A fairly fitting name, might I add, considering Kurisu's tsundere-ness.
Old 2012-09-25, 14:20   Link #2074
kefir645

I kind of like how story concluded and I wish they leave it alone and focus on a new IP.

While there are few mysteries left for me after 100% the game and watching anime, I'd rather leave them open then have them mess with the story which for ended pretty much perfectly.
kefir645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 23:26   Link #2075
Spamamdorf

So question, I finished the anime to this a while ago and loved it to death, and I also later saw a video of Kurisu going all Yandere on Okabe in what I assume was a bad end to the VN, and what I'm asking is, is there a lot of hilarity/stuff I'd probably enjoy seeing in the VN that wasn't in the anime such as that? (or different, basically does the VN have a lot of other stuff in it)
Spamamdorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 09:39   Link #2076
Sheep_

That was from a drama CD, there's a ton of goofy slice of life drama cds along side a few that are plot important.

The anime followed the VN very faithfully just changing one thing related to Nae which is understandable given the context of that bad ending from the game. Really the VN offers more details on the science and ending for all of the main girls.
Old 2012-10-09, 15:34   Link #2077
Spamamdorf

So the true end is basically the same thing then? But it has endings for most of the other girls, neat, I didn't think the science needed more explanation but I suppose it couldn't hurt it, and yeah guess I'll have to look for those drama CD's then if there's more gooy stuff like that in 'em XD
Spamamdorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 16:13   Link #2078
Sheep_

@Spamamdorf

Yep the anime follows the true end, they're the same. The extra ova ep is considered canon on top of the true end.

---

Since double posting would be kinda bad, here's some info on a new project being released this winter

Spoiler for image:

Pandora of eternal recurrence, it's a novel (with some sort of drama CD tie in?) being released this winter. That's part of the official post series material / side stories.

That new girl is Kurisu’s senior for the department she’s in for college. She’s 21, half American and half Japanese. Her voice actress is Sayuri Yahagi. The character’s name is Maho Hiyajo
Old 2012-10-21, 14:08   Link #2079
jte742

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I found this pretty neat - now you can build your very own divergence meter!
http://www.mindspring.com/~tomtitor/
jte742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 14:01   Link #2080
Haiyami

You know what would have been interesting is if Nitroplus had included a full copy of the Z-Program emails and jellymans report just for fun to read it.
Haiyami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, science fiction, seinen, time travel, trap, visual novel adaptation