AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-09, 22:09   Link #3701
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Dragonborn's main quest doesn't apparently start until you are finished with the first visit to High Hrothgar.
Old 2013-02-09, 23:46   Link #3702
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Dragonborn's main quest doesn't apparently start until you are finished with the first visit to High Hrothgar.
I began playing the main quest as soon as I got my DB certification from the old monks, and set upon by Miraak's minions on the road.

If stuck in Neloth's "elevator", reload the last save then use TCL to go up or down. However, on your next gameplay the elevator may work.
Old 2013-02-09, 23:58   Link #3703
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Dragon Aspect is broken as shit. It's a good thing that by the time you get it there's not a lot of things to kill.
Spoiler for DLC bosses:
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 11:43   Link #3704
sa547
*Author

^
What's Dragon Aspect? However, some new shouts are more useful.

As for boss battles, yes, some of them made everything else in the game look easy as Mary Poppin's cake in comparison. Never before I was compelled to use my wits to survive the onslaughts.

Also rode a dragon, and tried to pit one against another. Unfortunately, as my character was a Nord, she couldn't handle the heat.

--------------
To add: because there are no warm beds outside of Severin Manor, I had to make this by dropping in new furniture just for my character to crash in after lengthy quests:
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31518/

Last edited by sa547; 2013-02-12 at 04:08.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 15:30   Link #3705
The New Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post
You gotta love the mod makers. It's amazing how some mods can fit together so well.

Spoiler for Armor, bandoliers & pouches, cape, weapon set:

If anyone else wants to create an evil overlord, here's the armor. Or you can try this one, deadly looking spear included! - I'm blind...

Two pages back. Should have looked more closely. Sorry about that.
Sorry for such an outdated reply, but I saw this and I love it. What's the mod link?
The New Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 00:21   Link #3706
sa547
*Author

As there's a multitude of custom heavy armor in Nexus, I don't know who made it. Try PM Lathak to ask what armorset is in use in the picture.

On the other hand, Hothtrooper44 is highly noted for his excellent armor works.

Okay, for those who are in dire need of a real home in Solstheim, I have it now:
Dragonborn Bayview Player Home
Old 2013-02-22, 12:24   Link #3707
KaguraSenju
Quiet.

It's strange. I started out playing this on the PS3 as an Imperial around Dec '11. Gave up after two hours. A few months ago, I got a 360 and the game came with it...Chose wood elf. I am...addicted now.
KaguraSenju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 19:06   Link #3708
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm still waiting on some compatibility updates for Dragonborn. I knew there'd be quite a wait, but I was underestimating just how annoying it was going to be...
Old 2013-02-24, 19:21   Link #3709
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye, I've held off on buying Dragonborn until I see more updates at least in my "must-have" mods. At this rate, Dragonborn might be on sale when i do buy it
Old 2013-02-25, 01:47   Link #3710
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
I'm still waiting on some compatibility updates for Dragonborn. I knew there'd be quite a wait, but I was underestimating just how annoying it was going to be...
What mods are you waiting for compatibility for?
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 02:18   Link #3711
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Ultimate Followers Overhaul, Economics of Skyrim, EzE's Disenchantable Artifacts (which is now hidden), Project Reality - Climates of Skyrim, and Guard Dialogue Overhaul (though it doesn't break anything). And that's just the stuff I KNOW will conflict or has incoming updates; I have no idea what else is on my download list (nothing's installed currently) that will require Dragonborn updates.
Old 2013-02-25, 05:49   Link #3712
sa547
*Author

Some mod developers have little or no plans to make mods for Dragonborn, or that they're waiting because of stability and compatibility issues.

Yeah, of late I'm really experiencing some nasty CTD problems, some of it related to hardware and some caused by faulty scripts (I'm in the process of defragging the machine right now, and thus am using a netbook).
Old 2013-02-25, 12:30   Link #3713
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

For the ones I'm waiting on, they're either in-progress or they're waiting for Dragonborn to go on sale. EzE's Disenchantable Artifacts was put on hidden due to its author having a 19-credit class course in college and work on the weekends, Project Reality is in the middle of updating, GDO is waiting for the DLC to go on sale... so on and so forth.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2013-02-25 at 22:27.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 00:38   Link #3714
sa547
*Author

You're right, at $25 it costs as much as Skyrim itself. :|

Updated all of my Visual C++ runtimes to SP1 (the Skyrim installation includes a redistributable copy of Visual C++ 2010 but in the light of Dragonborn and engine updates, along with the new Catalyst drivers, the outdated runtime library is more likely to be the culprit responsible for the so-called "pure virtual function call error" that's breaking my game).
Old 2013-02-26, 00:39   Link #3715
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Where would I get that? I should probably upgrade to curb off those errors before they start.
Old 2013-02-26, 00:59   Link #3716
sa547
*Author

Apparently this CTD problem started some time after I installed Dragonborn.

The SP1 versions of those runtimes are found at Microsoft's website. I'll see if my update-to-SP1 approach works by playing the game (and will come back with a follow-up report).

I removed all the previous Visual C runtimes, and replaced them with SP1 versions. So far most of my programs are functioning well (Rainmeter, Avira, the Catalyst control panel).

Otherwise if all other methods fail, then I have no choice except to pick up my vanilla Level 1 savegame and start all over again, because the present savegames I have do suffer from leftover user-made Papyrus scripts that remain embedded even after the absence of the mod that utilized them (damn, wish there was some form of an automatic garbage-collection routine within the game engine for which to remove defunct scripts, as most modders aren't like software developers who could create routines for program uninstallation; modders just add the scripts without knowing that they could stay within the savegame).
Old 2013-02-27, 20:51   Link #3717
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Man, now I'm waiting on an update for Cerwiden too. Her 1.8 update should be out sometime next month, and is including the next installment in her personal quest, as well as a romance subplot that'll end with a marriage option.

Cloaks of Skyrim is also getting a new update. I thought that mod was defunct, but I guessed wrong.
Old 2013-02-27, 21:54   Link #3718
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Cloaks of Skyrim is also getting a new update. I thought that mod was defunct, but I guessed wrong.
I only consider mods defunct if the modder has put a note stating that on their mod page, or if they remove or set their mod to hidden.

Like Sounds of Skyrim, I consider that defunct.

I like how the upcoming update for Cloaks of Skyrim makes use of a new crafting station, very nice idea.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 05:19   Link #3719
sa547
*Author

SoS was said to have caused much problems with savegames that it's not there anymore.

Still having CTD problems, and going through my Papyrus log file. Maybe later I'll get the unaltered .ESM files and see what'll happen. The game was working fine until I picked up Dragonborn.
Old 2013-02-28, 08:27   Link #3720
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
SoS was said to have caused much problems with savegames that it's not there anymore.
You guys really scared me just now... never heard of said problems with SoS, so I went and investigated.
Seems my laziness saved me now, as my SoS versions were so old that said problems didn't showed up.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim