AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2013-05-03, 00:30   Link #481
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Like they did with Shina Dark
Damn, I wanted to say this
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 03:21   Link #482
Cloudenvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
Like they did with Shina Dark
You just couldn't help yourself, could you?
Cloudenvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 21:56   Link #483
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Kind of sounds like a good series, might give this one a shot =]

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 23:17   Link #484
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
Kind of sounds like a good series, might give this one a shot =]
Hate to break it to you, but as of now, an actual anime of Prism Nana doesn't exist. The art, characters, and short promo videos serve to promote a pachinko game in Japan.

This doesn't mean Shaft won't make Prism Nana into a real anime, as it has garnered some popularity, but I won't hold my breath.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 23:52   Link #485
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
This doesn't mean Shaft won't make Prism Nana into a real anime, as it has garnered some popularity, but I won't hold my breath.
Stranger things have happened (looks as Rio Rainbow Gate), but in this case, it's best not to be too hopeful.
Old 2013-05-05, 03:38   Link #486
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Stranger things have happened (looks as Rio Rainbow Gate), but in this case, it's best not to be too hopeful.
Wait a second, wasn't Rio a side character from the Black Jack universe (like Nanako), that was used later into pachinko chain, before getting her own anime
Old 2013-05-05, 08:36   Link #487
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Wait a second, wasn't Rio a side character from the Black Jack universe (like Nanako), that was used later into pachinko chain, before getting her own anime
I'm pretty sure he meant the anime or so I am confused but you are right.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 20:13   Link #488
AmeNoJaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudenvy View Post
You just couldn't help yourself, could you?
Oh! I love SHAFT (particularly what they did with PaniPoni, Zetsubou Sensei, ef, Arakawa and what they are doing with the Monogatari series), but these won't make me forget their very guilty past... turning REC into vanilla, the lolicon-fest called Goshujin-sama, both of Tsukuyomi season finales, and SoulEater shipped to THE moeblob studio to squeeze out the last yen out of it with Komugi... Shina Dark and Prism Nana are nothing compared to those let downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I'm pretty sure he meant the anime or so I am confused but you are right.
Still even genre/audience-wise, mahou shoujo (like AKB-whatever) is more appropriate for pachinko then Gundam... which is really pissing me off with its endless advertisements here
Old 2013-05-07, 15:43   Link #489
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Oh! I love SHAFT (particularly what they did with PaniPoni, Zetsubou Sensei, ef, Arakawa and what they are doing with the Monogatari series), but these won't make me forget their very guilty past... turning REC into vanilla, the lolicon-fest called Goshujin-sama, both of Tsukuyomi season finales, and SoulEater shipped to THE moeblob studio to squeeze out the last yen out of it with Komugi... Shina Dark and Prism Nana are nothing compared to those let downs
In response to that:

1. Rec and Goshujin-sama were both titles that were done without Shinbou's involvement (with Goshujin-sama being a joint effort with Gainax);

2. It's Soultaker, not Soul Eater;

3. In terms of Soultaker, SHAFT wasn't involved in it, but Shinbou was, and even then he was only involved in the regular series, not the Komugi spin-off.
Old 2013-05-08, 10:06   Link #490
AmeNoJaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
In response to that:

1. Rec and Goshujin-sama were both titles that were done without Shinbou's involvement (with Goshujin-sama being a joint effort with Gainax);

2. It's Soultaker, not Soul Eater;

3. In terms of Soultaker, SHAFT wasn't involved in it, but Shinbou was, and even then he was only involved in the regular series, not the Komugi spin-off.
I stand corrected on these pesky details which don't really change the point I was making

Oh! as for (3) that was my point... SoulEaterTaker was awesome, but then Shinbou/SHAFT shipped the franchise to KyoAni for moeblob-milking, as usual

Back to Nana, I am pretty sure that leaving all these rumors hover about an upcoming anime was definitely intentional (like Shina Dark), in order to get more people interested in the franchise, whether it eventually led into an anime or just more rip-off viral marketing. And let me be more clear that I don't blame the studio for planning it, but for submitting to those that did so... therefore the examples I gave... SHAFT suffers from the "we are a tiny studio with potential" syndrome, submitting to money, despite being able to stay true to its principles, GAINAX and KyoAni are other examples with different symptoms, but the same cause.
Old 2013-05-09, 09:23   Link #491
maximilianjenus
[E]

but money can be a principle, a very useful one at that, sicne money is pwoer, etc...
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 01:58   Link #492
Articalys

They may no longer have any new PVs to post, but they can still post the final interview about PV #7.

http://prism-nana.com/html/interview_20130513.html
(or, go to VOL.8 in the interview sidebar on http://www.prism-nana.com/)
Articalys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 11:24   Link #493
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
I stand corrected on these pesky details which don't really change the point I was making

Oh! as for (3) that was my point... SoulEaterTaker was awesome, but then Shinbou/SHAFT shipped the franchise to KyoAni for moeblob-milking, as usual

Back to Nana, I am pretty sure that leaving all these rumors hover about an upcoming anime was definitely intentional (like Shina Dark), in order to get more people interested in the franchise, whether it eventually led into an anime or just more rip-off viral marketing. And let me be more clear that I don't blame the studio for planning it, but for submitting to those that did so... therefore the examples I gave... SHAFT suffers from the "we are a tiny studio with potential" syndrome, submitting to money, despite being able to stay true to its principles, GAINAX and KyoAni are other examples with different symptoms, but the same cause.
With so much time and production going into making so many PV's and venues for this project, why don't they just make up their minds about what other potential plans they have for this series other than just a Pachinko game. From what I've read and seen it seems that an anime version of this is pretty much grim at this point. I'm still hopeful, but being cautiously optimistic at this point. That's pretty saddening because this has so much potential to be a really great anime series.
Old 2013-05-14, 01:06   Link #494
rocket
Senior and Demented

Gah, I'd be happy to see the full PV/Music videos at this point...
Old 2013-05-14, 07:19   Link #495
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
With so much time and production going into making so many PV's and venues for this project, why don't they just make up their minds about what other potential plans they have for this series other than just a Pachinko game. From what I've read and seen it seems that an anime version of this is pretty much grim at this point. I'm still hopeful, but being cautiously optimistic at this point. That's pretty saddening because this has so much potential to be a really great anime series.
I hate to break it to you but TV anime are advertisements for other products (manga, novels, toys, games, etc.), that only recently (yet rarely) can sustain themselves. Therefore the main concern of producers is to promote the main franchise efficiently and cheaply, not really caring about minor issues like plot, continuity, sequels, conclusion, etc. Now that said SHAFT is one the very few studios currently in a position to have some creative freedom (thanks to Monogatari and Madoka), but they don't seem interested at all in Nana... the way they treated it looks more like experimenting while getting paid for it.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 20:29   Link #496
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
they don't seem interested at all in Nana... the way they treated it looks more like experimenting while getting paid for it.
But that's exactly what they were paid to do: to create 7 PVs for the game all on their own, exercising their own creativity. That doesn't mean they "aren't interested"... but it's a sort of art experiment.

Whether it becomes a real anime isn't really up to SHAFT to decide on their own. It depends on whether a production committee is formed that wants to fund it. Time will tell.
Old 2013-05-15, 00:59   Link #497
AmeNoJaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
But that's exactly what they were paid to do: to create 7 PVs for the game all on their own, exercising their own creativity. That doesn't mean they "aren't interested"... but it's a sort of art experiment.

Whether it becomes a real anime isn't really up to SHAFT to decide on their own. It depends on whether a production committee is formed that wants to fund it. Time will tell.
Indeed, as I wrote... like Shina Dark

But let me revise a little your optimistic assumptions, it's not up to SHAFT, rather the suites that will pay them for an even more expensive advertisement of their legal gambling franchise... also Nana wasn't a typical SHAFT creativity example, but the studio experimenting with different (and potentially new) collaborators
Old 2013-05-15, 09:09   Link #498
maximilianjenus
[E]

errr... that's exactly what he said.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 06:09   Link #499
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

From reddit. Apparently Daxel and Shaft are doing great at advertising the project. They managed to secure an ad on yahoo. Which is supposed to be costly.

ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 01:17   Link #500
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

this anime is for 2014?? :/