AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-05-05, 21:15   Link #6101
Justin_Brett

Yeah, and she's the only major character that really relies on that being written well. Everyone else can coast by with lasers.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 21:30   Link #6102
rxrx

To Akiyoshi: Nope, nothing was said in the panel as much as I've seen it. But Agito do have her use. Imagine defeating Cypher fast enough that she cannot even activate her powers.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 23:25   Link #6103
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Well despite how her actual commanding prowess is in practice, everybody seems to be intimidated of it now. They're letting her handle this whole operation herself with just a small squad, and nobody seems to be objecting to any of it.
If you want to be cynical, you can see it as a Xanatos by the anti-Hayate camp: If it works, good. If it doesn't, let the "wolves" take them and put her out of our hair for good.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 23:31   Link #6104
rxrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
If you want to be cynical, you can see it as a Xanatos by the anti-Hayate camp: If it works, good. If it doesn't, let the "wolves" take them and put her out of our hair for good.
It works even more than that. If it works, good but they can then blame her for taking too long thus causing immense lost of lives and money and then can discredit her. If it doesn't, they can either hope that the 'wolves' finish her off or point fingers and discredit her and thus screw her out of all her hard earned work. Even worse, accuse her of being an insider and then get rid of her forever.

It is not uncommon to see politicans trying to destroy someone they dislike even though they might be the only cure to the solution right.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 02:37   Link #6105
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
To Akiyoshi: Nope, nothing was said in the panel as much as I've seen it. But Agito do have her use. Imagine defeating Cypher fast enough that she cannot even activate her powers.
So i'll assume what Signum said while holding her flaming butcher knife was just the presentation of her AEC-Equipement xDU

About Agito i hope she can at the very least give Signum a boost in speed because such a clumsy weapon made of the unreliable materials of the AEC-stuff will affect her speed and defense. You know, the only two things that allowed her to fight Cypha evenly on first place xDU

Agito's flame imput is as irrelevant as Signum's so i guess she'll pull off something different.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 11:49   Link #6106
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Lol the AEC materials still break? Is Bardiche AEC or 5th generation?
Old 2012-05-08, 20:49   Link #6107
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Lol the AEC materials still break? Is Bardiche AEC or 5th generation?
I don't know but with SO much time to gather and use the data obtained from the failure of previous units i hope Teana's Ochstan and Signum's giant flaming machete are less crappy (that is, not being damaged/destroyed in one-to-three swings and, if possible, dealing some effective damage to the oponent).

Bardiche is 5th Gen xD

With that said... Boys and Girls, Record 23 has been FINALLY tranlated in Spanish (for some reason chinese scans has been VERY scarce this time xDU). So i'm here with the traditional summary so let's go xD!

Spoiler for The Huckebein: Earth's Mightiest Bullies:

A quick chapter due to all the action but also a bit info heavy as it gives the firsts explanations of how the Eclipse energies actually work. Cypha keeps her smug attidue by mocking the living hell out of poor Quinn xDU. And Signum is still trying to appear intimidating (please Signum, feats not words).

Quinn comes out as a decent fighter but as we witnessed with Signum almost two years ago "decent" is not enough to fight a Huckebein, only awesome people can do that. Also throw away her "emotionless girl" look once Cypha started to press her buttons like a keyboard and ended up loosing her cool and crumbling just like Cypha said. The Grendel family seesm to be a more relazed version of the Huckebein as they're far more uhm... "cartoonish" xD Like a super powered Team Rocket of sorts xDU

EDIT: Well, i find that japanese apparently can be interpreted in different ways since some of the wording it's a bit different from what rxrx told us before. It have more or less the same meaning but some sentences are pretty different indeed.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-05-09, 00:00   Link #6108
Kojaku_Izayoi
Rookie Time Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Kojaku_Izayoi
Now I know, the ability of users Eclipse is not simply reacting, but also shoot energy from their hands.

And that "Gradion" name is somewhat like a certain anime which tells the adventure in the digital world that resembles Digimon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
The Grendel family seesm to be a more relazed version of the Huckebein as they're far more uhm... "cartoonish" xD Like a super powered Team Rocket of sorts xDU
Well, if Grendel is a super powered Team Rocket, then the Huckebein is super powered 7-year!Desil Galette, mentally. Especially Cypha...
Kojaku_Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 00:51   Link #6109
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Stop forcing your Desil comparison. From what Akiyoshi just posted it proved Cypha isn't like him. Desil would never listen to Thoma and would have killed Quinn regardless saying she was just a broken toy and didn't matter or some crap.
Old 2012-05-09, 00:59   Link #6110
LostSome

Bird of disgrace ? That sounds off... Horrible nickname.

Signum and Cypha talking in unison ?! Scary, very scary.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 01:38   Link #6111
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
Signum and Cypha talking in unison ?! Scary, very scary.
It's almost as bad as the two Batmans shutting up Terry in unison in "Time, Warped".
Old 2012-05-09, 01:51   Link #6112
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Not as bad as Batman playing "Bad Cop, Worse Cop" with Bruce Wayne. I still have chills whenever I watch that scene
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 01:57   Link #6113
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Not as bad as Batman playing "Bad Cop, Worse Cop" with Bruce Wayne. I still have chills whenever I watch that scene
Wait for it.

AOT: So, Aki, are Signum and Cypha currently fighting over the title of Bird of Disgrace? :3

Last edited by Koveras Alvane; 2012-05-09 at 14:13.
Koveras Alvane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 12:47   Link #6114
Justin_Brett

Quote:
Stop forcing your Desil comparison. From what Akiyoshi just posted it proved Cypha isn't like him. Desil would never listen to Thoma and would have killed Quinn regardless saying she was just a broken toy and didn't matter or some crap.
What, don't you like one-dimensional villains, Raiser?

I'll at least admit Cypha's better than him, just because she's somewhat intelligent and seems to actually have a plan.

I like how they had Touma basically stand there and do nothing in order to get this exposition on how his powers actually work. You couldn't fit that in before now anywhere? Kind of important. Also, probably just from the translation, but 'dissuade'? Not apprehend, capture, or something more forceful?

Last edited by Justin_Brett; 2012-05-09 at 13:17.
Old 2012-05-09, 14:17   Link #6115
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
AOT: So, Aki, are Signum and Cypha currently fighting of the title of Bird of Disgrace? :3
I doubt so, Signum seems to still trying to look/sound intimidating but that's a hard thing to do in front of the person who easilly kicked your butt so she looks more like a "Badass Wannabe" and thus she's more likely trying to make "Blazing General" into a worthy title again.

Quote:
I like how they had Touma basically stand there and do nothing in order to get this exposition on how his powers actually work. You couldn't fit that in before now anywhere? Kind of important.
I also fiund that a little farfetched but i foprgive them that scene cause we finally got to have some details about how Eclipse Powers actually work xDU

Quote:
Also, probably just from the translation, but 'dissuade'? Not apprehend, capture, or something more forceful?
It could be either the translation or the fact Hayate is still adamant in being a good guy despite knowing the dangers of such an attitude in front of the Huckebein. Signum is equally stubborn by insist she will "capture" Cypha for interrogation. SçThis cannot end well if she keeps refusing to accept reality and readies to fight Cypha for real, she's gonna hit the hospital again or end up in a grave if things go like that.

Oh yeah, there's also the release of the last FORCE NEXT images, i'll talk deeper about those later cause i don't have much time right now but i at least can announce the last design (Nanoha with Strike Cannon & Fortress) tell us it was the last of the series meaning the Force NEXT are ended for good which could explain why we had two months without new designs.

So yeah, they stopped producing the cool NEXT images just the moment Signum is about to get her equipement. I got the message clearly Tsuzuki T-T

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-05-09, 16:14   Link #6116
Justin_Brett

I don't even mean that, just that dissuade makes it sound like you're suggesting they stop. Even good guys in this series aren't that nice.
Old 2012-05-09, 16:40   Link #6117
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well... Nanoha is. And Fate. Even Erio and Caro in StrikerS...

But Signum? Nah. I'm putting that down to translation.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 17:17   Link #6118
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Cinque was the one who commands Tohma to "dissuade" the criminals. But yeah, Signum is rather cocky for using such big words against Cypha suguesting she's strong enough to force her to come in peace. Hope this won't backfire horribly on the Blazing General xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-05-09, 17:18   Link #6119
Justin_Brett

They did at first, but when it became clear negotiation wasn't happening? Bam.

And Signum beats her in titles at least, that's definitive.
Old 2012-05-09, 17:24   Link #6120
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
And Signum beats her in titles at least, that's definitive.
Definetely, "Blazing General" or "General of the Raging Flame" is undoubtely the cooler title xD!

...but i don't know, i kind of find "Bird of Disgrace" rather cool in a villainous way xD!

By the way, "Knight of the Sword" will be put to a test now with that humongous AEC-Machete she's wielding now. It's funny because the two things Signum bested Cypha in initially where Speed and Skill and such an oversized blade could be detriment for those two exact things xDU

~The ASFB~

Tags
manga, nanoha force