Notices

Old 2009-06-21, 04:39   Link #5841
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cikora View Post
It really is! Thank you very much, Nina.Wolken ^_^
Before you run off and watch it, you should watch Gunbuster first, otherwise the ending of Diebuster a) won't make sense, and b) won't be anywhere near as awesome as it is if you've seen the first OAV. And don't be put off by how old the first OAV is, it's great (even though they ran out of budget and had to do the last ep in black and white lol).
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 08:12   Link #5842
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

I'm looking for a manga I read the description of yesterday on mangafox, but can't remmber the name.

It is about a boy who visits the funeral of someone. after the funeral he find's a girl sitting in front of the house of the now-dead person. he is told, that this girl is the illigitimate child of the now burried person, and no one of the other relatives wants to take her in. so this man, who led a single life up till now, takes her in as his daughter.

I hope you can help me out with this one, I really want to read it.
Old 2009-06-21, 10:04   Link #5843
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
It is about a boy who visits the funeral of someone. after the funeral he find's a girl sitting in front of the house of the now-dead person. he is told, that this girl is the illigitimate child of the now burried person, and no one of the other relatives wants to take her in. so this man, who led a single life up till now, takes her in as his daughter.
Usagi Drop
Fabien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 15:03   Link #5844
Rewer
-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rewer Send a message via AIM to Rewer
First time I've posted here in years, anywho. I'm looking for the name of an anime where a boy is on a ship, but get lost in sea after a really bad storm occurs. He wakes up on an island with only females. Basically all the girls want him after that because he's the first male they've seen in years. (unrealistic I know lol)

Hm.. what else, alot of the females are very strong due to the environment their living in, and the vegetables/fruits are ginormous.

That's all I can remember at the moment, thanks for any help!
Old 2009-06-21, 15:07   Link #5845
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewer View Post
First time I've posted here in years, anywho. I'm looking for the name of an anime where a boy is on a ship, but get lost in sea after a really bad storm occurs. He wakes up on an island with only females. Basically all the girls want him after that because he's the first male they've seen in years. (unrealistic I know lol)

Hm.. what else, alot of the females are very strong due to the environment their living in, and the vegetables/fruits are ginormous.

That's all I can remember at the moment, thanks for any help!
That is Nagasarete Airantou .right ?
Old 2009-06-21, 15:09   Link #5846
Rewer
-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rewer Send a message via AIM to Rewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
That is Nagasarete Airantou .right ?
Wow, you're good. Thanks for the quick reply!
Old 2009-06-21, 17:13   Link #5847
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Need some help finding a manga I read while back.
All I recall is its a Fantasy Shoujo about a girl that can't use magic very well but is very psychically strong. She falls in love with the Prince of the land and so begins to learn magic to get closer to him.
Other small details, the girl has a older and younger sister, I think theres stuff about Jewels or the sort also, something like Jade.

would really appreciate the help finding the name again as its been killing me for past week!
Lapislazuli No Oukan by Natsuna Kawase. (Eng: The Lapis Lazuli Crown)

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 12:24   Link #5848
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Lapislazuli No Oukan by Natsuna Kawase. (Eng: The Lapis Lazuli Crown)
thank you very muchly LLK!!
Old 2009-06-24, 03:01   Link #5849
problemedchild
ô_ô

So I suddenly had an extremely nostalgic moment today and remembered two shows I used to watch long ago.

The first show was centered around a kid that somehow obtained a mecha which resembled a dragon that he piloted it by standing on top of a dragon's head. I recall at some point of the show the mecha was destroyed and was later revived by..... something? The mecha was a sentient being if that helps

The second show..... I remember actually seeing the title in English not too long ago, but I manged to forget about it. It's about a submarine which looked somewhat like a battleship and carried a detachable submarine. Somewhere along the way, the detachable submarine got trapped in a mine field and the captain of the ship sacrificed himself in order to destroy the mines. I believe it later went into space....?

I believe both of these shows were made before 1990 if that helps. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by problemedchild; 2009-06-24 at 05:13.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 03:42   Link #5850
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemedchild View Post
The first show was centered around a kid that somehow obtained a mecha which resembled a dragon that he piloted it by standing on top of a dragon's head. I recall at some point of the show the mecha was destroyed and was later revived by..... something? The mecha was a sentient being if that helps
Mashin Eiyuden Wataru?

Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 03:51   Link #5851
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
Mashin Eiyuden Wataru?

Haha, ya, that's it. The Chinese dub I watched localized his name to Watanu, so I didn't get any hits off of it.

Thanks.
Old 2009-06-24, 18:50   Link #5852
Hekate

Any idea who this character is and where she is from?

Spoiler for possibly nsfw, pantsu:

Thanks in advance.
Hekate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 19:12   Link #5853
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain Miracle View Post
Any idea who this character is and where she is from?

Spoiler for possibly nsfw, pantsu:
http://iqdb.org/ -> http://e-shuushuu.net/image/6248/ -> http://e-shuushuu.net/wiki/index.php/Neko_Neko -> http://www.s1.inets.jp/~nekoneko/

Might be an original.

Last edited by Fabien; 2009-06-24 at 22:33.
Fabien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 00:23   Link #5854
alexjohnc3

Send a message via AIM to alexjohnc3 Send a message via MSN to alexjohnc3 Send a message via Yahoo to alexjohnc3
Does anyone know of an anime where the main character is Japanese, but there's a lot of Americans in the show who swear all the time?

I vaguely remember in one episode he beat up a few guys who were bugging him and he was speaking in broken English. There's also a girl who is one of the main characters, I think.
alexjohnc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 00:26   Link #5855
Rawgers
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjohnc3 View Post
Does anyone know of an anime where the main character is Japanese, but there's a lot of Americans in the show who swear all the time?

I vaguely remember in one episode he beat up a few guys who were bugging him and he was speaking in broken English. There's also a girl who is one of the main characters, I think.
Might be Black Lagoon. Not entirely sure due to your vague description.
Rawgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 07:02   Link #5856
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjohnc3 View Post

I think it's either Beck or Black Lagoon. More likely Beck as Rock from Black Lagoon isn't exactly the type to beat people up.
Old 2009-06-25, 10:56   Link #5857
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Can someone identify the anime(s) in this video?

Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 11:05   Link #5858
SkyLight
I rise, you fall!

Send a message via MSN to SkyLight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Can someone identify the anime(s) in this video?

+1 If it even is from an anime. I wonder if it is a clip or something.
SkyLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 01:29   Link #5859
Hfeline

What is this from?

Um, I'm sorry if I posted this question in the wrong place, but I wasn't sure where it belonged. Anyway, does anyone know what anime this comes from?

http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...ar57635_40.gif

I've seen this ani-gif a few times in the past few years and I've looked for it, but I've come up with no answers. So, if anyone knows, I'd love an answer.
Hfeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 01:49   Link #5860
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

There is already a dedicated thread for that, in the General Anime forum.

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel