AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-19, 11:36   Link #981
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Hey, you said it; not me.

Well I am glad it was said at least.
Old 2011-06-19, 11:39   Link #982
liro
Super Driver

Poor Yuuko, nobody likes her and they make her life miserable.

Will we be getting a new OP next week?

Spoiler for nichijou magica:

Oh! Superball!!
Old 2011-06-19, 12:18   Link #983
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by liro View Post
Will we be getting a new OP next week?
I'd put it one week after that. July marks the start of a new cour - much better time to debut it.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-19, 14:49   Link #984
Fran~
floating away...

When my wallet was stolen last year i had Yukko's face for almost a month... it wasn't only because the money it was because it had many memories, the wallet itself was a gift.

I really love this show... it's good to see a show where there is not a single drop of erotic content. I really like the erotic content, don't get me wrong i just think that it's good to see that you don't need fanservice, pantsu or whatever to make a good show.

Superballs are truly epic, i still have a few...
Old 2011-06-19, 14:53   Link #985
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
not a single drop of erotic content.
Do Mio's drawings of Sasahara count?
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-19, 15:38   Link #986
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Do Mio's drawings of Sasahara count?
Nah (Neither Mai's teasing on Yuuko)... just look at the character designs (skirt lengths), they're like Azumanga or Lucky Star. KyoAni could use designs like K-On or Haruhi, but they went for a more "inocent" kind of design.
Old 2011-06-19, 19:49   Link #987
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 01:58   Link #988
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Hah, the episodes that everyone seems to like, I don't, and the ones I love are considered mediocre. I thought this was one of the weaker episodes. I guess I enjoy the more out control and random sketches.
Old 2011-06-20, 07:45   Link #989
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Anyone feel like shooting the guy who rigged the shooting game?
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 12:34   Link #990
Araxiel

Annaka still had one cork left by the end of that sketch, so I was seriously rooting for her just to nail the booth guy with it. No pun intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Doth I sense lesbian sexual tension at the final bit?
Forget that*, what about Sakurai-sensei and the checkout girl? That pairing would be so adorable something would break inside of me.

[*Disclaimer: Araxiel always advocates paying close and undue attention to even the slightest hint of yuri romance.]
Old 2011-06-20, 23:34   Link #991
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Still enjoying this series.
Old 2011-06-21, 23:45   Link #992
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Doth I sense lesbian sexual tension at the final bit?
I thought so too given how embrassed and flustered Mio was getting; glad I wasn't the only one. Also Yuuko is getting a lesbian harem between Mio, and Mai? .

Also my liking of both Annaka and Sakurai rose this episode probably my favorite two of the side characters outside the main 6, they were amusing in their scenes. Most of the Yuuko scenes were good this episode, and Hakase was ok, but worse than the previous ones.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 00:06   Link #993
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I thought so too given how embrassed and flustered Mio was getting; glad I wasn't the only one. Also Yuuko is getting a lesbian harem between Mio, and Mai? .

Also my liking of both Annaka and Sakurai rose this episode probably my favorite two of the side characters outside the main 6, they were amusing in their scenes. Most of the Yuuko scenes were good this episode, and Hakase was ok, but worse than the previous ones.
I am not entirely get the final conversation through. Did Yukko ask why Mio did not kiss her to wake her up?
But yeah there's that moment of tension right there

Sakurai-sensei is like the moe blob in this anime without realizing to be one. Just so...so...so adorable, and legal to be hugged without pedophile accusation

There's nothing brilliant about this series, just very very entertaining. Sigh. I definitely will miss it when Nichijou end (even when we are just half-way)
Old 2011-06-22, 00:55   Link #994
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Are they going to torture Yuuko in every single ep?

Don't worry, dogs are man's best friend...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 00:56   Link #995
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

We will see if they change anything after the half way point.

I just noticed that the stained glass windows Mai installed to troll Yuuko are still in the classroom shots this week.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2011-06-22 at 01:28.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 03:55   Link #996
FateAnomaly

Yuuko has been in a lot of trouble till now but i really feel sorry for her this time when she lost her money. She usally have lots of reaction even when faced with misfortune but this time it seems is too much for her.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 08:20   Link #997
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I kept rewatching Sakurai-segment as she is just too cute. How she could go through high school without being kidnapped or "taken home" for her cuteness amazed me

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2011-06-22 at 08:41.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 11:41   Link #998
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I find it amazing how, through the great majority of Nichijou, I'm able to keep a straight face not unlike those of Mai and Mio in episode 8:

Spoiler for picture:

I don't even have to make an effort not to laugh or smile. For the most part, Nichijou is not funny. This is a hit-or-miss comedy, but the few times it has a spark of humor are far outnumbered by the apathetic moments. Why is the humor alone so important to me? Because there is no character development. I really can't give much of a darn about who does what; the characters are simply presented doing random things and there is no attempt to give any exposition. Without a proper focus on characters, the only thing that can hold Nichijou up is its humor, which is sadly vacuous.

There have been several times in Nichijou when a character (usually Yukko) tries to elicit a humorous or shocked reaction, gets nothing, and complains about it. Supposedly I should be laughing at somebody whining that they didn't get the correct reaction, and how the situation is 'not playing according to cliche'.

Imagine you're part of the audience for a stand-up comedy. The comedian walks up onto the stage and says "Do you ever wonder why the chicken crossed the road? ..... To get to the other side!". Nobody laughs. After a few awkward seconds, the comedian says, "Wait, that wasn't funny? You're supposed to laugh! W-Why won't you laugh??" Then he collapses on his knees and cries like a baby. A situation like this is not funny. It's sad, it's pitiful, and it's pathetic.

The funniest parts in Nichijou usually involve a lot of dynamic action and animation, like the chase in episode 2. I can thank Kyoto Animation for this; I highly doubt these scenes were as wacky and exhilarating in the original manga format.

Other merits in this show include the creativity behind it. While I can talk about how unfunny Nichijou is, I can't deny how original it can be. A cat suddenly talking due to a magical scarf, the principal of the school suplexing a deer, Nano's toe being a USB drive, these are just some of the things that make this anime special.

Not to mention that the production quality of this show is top-notch. Kyoto Animation continues to amaze with their vibrant animation that truly makes the setting and characters alive. The OP and ED are amazing, especially the relaxing and sweet ED which almost makes me forget about how dull the episode actually was. It's a pity that Kyoto Animation chose Nichijou out of all the manga to adapt. Hopefully we'll see them produce something better in the near future.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 09:16   Link #999
rulfo

1 AKBがいっぱい ~ザ・ベスト・ミュージックビデオ~ AKS 11/6/24
2 TIGER & BUNNY 2(初回限定版) BVS 11/6/24
4 機動戦士ガンダム 逆襲のシャア(初回限定版) BVS 11/6/24
5 機動戦士ガンダムF91(初回限定版) BVS 11/6/24
6 探偵オペラ ミルキィホームズ【6】 PC 11/6/24
7 魔法少女まどか☆マギカ 3(完全生産限定版) ANX 11/6/22
8 そらのおとしもの Blu-ray ギャルにモテモテBox KKB 11/6/24
9 IS<インフィニット・ストラトス> 第3巻 MFI 11/6/22
10 日常のブルーレイ 特装版 第1巻 KKB 11/6/24

Looks like it hit top 10... somehow...

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-2483.html
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 15:59   Link #1000
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

What am I looking at? Top 10 of what?

Episode 13 looks interesting...almost seems to have actual plot movement. Will know more when I can understand what all was said.
Spoiler for Heh:

Last edited by Ithekro; 2011-06-25 at 16:42. Reason: Episode 13
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen, slice of life