AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-27, 20:36   Link #4381
Miraluka
Banned

The clones network is easier to hack trough a virus, unlike Kakine's red which automatically isolates any individual menace from the whole network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Vie Britania View Post
Though spoilers say it's gonna be a level 6. But we really don't know if Kihara managed to make Misaka level 6, right?
Gensei is well aware she didn't get to Level 6. Whats the points of keep going on this? Read shmaster's post.
Old 2013-07-27, 20:37   Link #4382
zaeraal

Does anyone has that feeling that this whole arc is extremly Punchable? (as in solvable by Touma and Touma only)

The whole memory wipe can be solved by him. (maybe besides Gekota doctor and Misaki, who can't be trusted)
He is immune against Misaki's powers, so he can take her out, or the one using Exterior (Gensei).
Nor Mitori nor Xochitl would make him much problems if he had to face them.
This new Level Upper is based on powers of Sisters and Exterior programming, so all he has to do is either
1. touch Sister (to remove Exterior programimng),
2. touch Mikoto to cancel her demon form
3. just wave his hand between Sister and Mikoto to remove the connection (though she might be able to continue on it's own like AIM burst)
He might be the only one who can even face off Mikoto in her current state.

The only people who MIGHT be able to do something besides him are
1. Gunha, if he accidentaly gets involved (though at the best he will only be able to delay Mikoto)
2. Accelerator, if he notices his Last Order collapsing. (though his powers might be unusable and he might also be collapsed on ground)

Even if Shirai + Uiharu arrive after the call from Saten, they will at the very best face off with Mitori / Xochitl.

The guy that was with Misaki might have a chance to remove the Exterior programming from Sister if he gets the Exterior acces tool.
Which has quite high chance of happening, considering Gensei is going to face of Demon Mikoto in next chapter.
Misaki is unable to move right now (not sure why), but if she gets involved, she also might actually remove the Exterior programming.
(Plus it still wasn't revealed what did she wanted to do with the Sister and WHY she was not able to do it already)

Other people like Wannai, Awatsuki, Kongou will probably not get involved.
Aleister would personally not do something and Touma was already sent there by him (all those coincidences with Saten).

All that left is Saten, who after all the foreshadowing and involvement got turned into excuse for Touma to join his "exclusive arc made just for him"
Old 2013-07-27, 20:51   Link #4383
Haru-kun

So there's a very high chance of Railgun becoming Index for this entire arc...
I don't think I like that since Railgun's focus is supposed to be on Mikoto. I hope she could get over this without too much help from Touma or it would defeat the point of her having her own spin off series.
Old 2013-07-27, 21:01   Link #4384
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Does anyone has that feeling that this whole arc is extremly Punchable? (as in solvable by Touma and Touma only)

The whole memory wipe can be solved by him. (maybe besides Gekota doctor and Misaki, who can't be trusted)
He is immune against Misaki's powers, so he can take her out, or the one using Exterior (Gensei).
This new Level Upper is based on powers of Sisters and Exterior programming, so all he has to do is either
3. just wave his hand between Sister and Mikoto to remove the connection (though she might be able to continue on it's own like AIM burst)

1. Gunha, if he accidentaly gets involved (though at the best he will only be able to delay Mikoto)
2. Accelerator, if he notices his Last Order collapsing. (though his powers might be unusable and he might also be collapsed on ground)
It would be an interesting plot twist if Accelerator will intervene and LO will be shown. Though I feel it is impossible in this manga. I don't expect something like this from Kamachi.
Old 2013-07-27, 21:03   Link #4385
Rovert10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru-kun View Post
So there's a very high chance of Railgun becoming Index for this entire arc...
I don't think I like that since Railgun's focus is supposed to be on Mikoto. I hope she could get over this without too much help from Touma or it would defeat the point of her having her own spin off series.
Eh it's bound to happen eventually. The stage is just really set for Touma to run in atm. Personally I have no qualms with Touma taking up space in Railgun.
Old 2013-07-27, 21:26   Link #4386
chaosprophet

I'm wonder what exactly Gensei means by starting the experiment. Does he plan to let her loose on the city? Wouldn't make much sense because that would be a big enough event to have been mentioned by someone on the novels. Is he capable of controlling her in that state? Either with exterior (she does have her barrier and while exterior seems stronger than Misaki powers, she may have a stronger barrier in her current state too) or maybe through the virus he got on the Misaka network (if she is connected to it right now maybe it's possible). So how exactly he plan to examine / test / stop her from just crushing he right there right now?
Old 2013-07-27, 21:45   Link #4387
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Vie Britania View Post
It would be an interesting plot twist if Accelerator will intervene and LO will be shown. Though I feel it is impossible in this manga. I don't expect something like this from Kamachi.
Umm...this is Kamachi we're talking about. Expect anything. I mean, didn't you read A Simple Survey and A Simple Monitoring as well as the past 4 or so Index NT Volumes?
Old 2013-07-27, 21:46   Link #4388
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
LO was on a far worse situation during 0931 and WWIII and Accelerator was still able to use his powers with no problems.

It would be ironic if Accelerator is, unknown at the end by Mikoto, being the one who ends saving her despite being the source of his pain the previous arc .

Quote:
All that left is Saten, who after all the foreshadowing and involvement got turned into excuse for Touma to join his "exclusive arc made just for him"
Btw, that is not a good sign, Touma just saved Mikoto in the previous arc of this manga series and now has to save her, again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Umm...this is Kamachi we're talking about. Expect anything. I mean, didn't you read A Simple Survey and A Simple Monitoring as well as the past 4 or so Index NT Volumes?
Kamachi has a fine sense of irony .
Old 2013-07-27, 22:44   Link #4389
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:

Even if Shirai + Uiharu arrive after the call from Saten, they will at the very best face off with Mitori / Xochitl.

The guy that was with Misaki might have a chance to remove the Exterior programming from Sister if he gets the Exterior acces tool.
Which has quite high chance of happening, considering Gensei is going to face of Demon Mikoto in next chapter.
Misaki is unable to move right now (not sure why), but if she gets involved, she also might actually remove the Exterior programming.
(Plus it still wasn't revealed what did she wanted to do with the Sister and WHY she was not able to do it already)

Other people like Wannai, Awatsuki, Kongou will probably not get involved.
Aleister would personally not do something and Touma was already sent there by him (all those coincidences with Saten).

No real qualms about it either. It seems to go back and forth between Touma and Mikoto and I expected that.

It is a bit worrisome that this is the 2nd time he's had to save her! But it has been a while.
Old 2013-07-27, 22:54   Link #4390
Jyang

I honestly wish Touma doesn't save her [again]. Him "punching enemy = solution" is way too anti-climatic for the buildup IMO...His powers are too overpowered where it can solve too many things too simply...If there were other ways [smarter ways] to resolve this arc, that would be the best. I guess we'll wait and see how this arc goes.
Old 2013-07-27, 22:57   Link #4391
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyang View Post
I honestly wish Touma doesn't save her [again]. Him "punching enemy = solution" is way too anti-climatic for the buildup IMO...His powers are too overpowered where it can solve too many things too simply...If there were other ways [smarter ways] to resolve this arc, that would be the best. I guess we'll wait and see how this arc goes.
I don't see it as punching enemy = solution. He certainly hasn't done that in a long long time. I think its a much neater way of going about things than having someone else with powers take it on. Also, an emotional confrontation would certainly be welcome between those 2.
Old 2013-07-27, 23:11   Link #4392
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

The whole thing looks a lot like Accelerator's black wings to me, with some variation here and there.

Instead of Accelerator naturally downloads the data from Imaginary School District into himself to create the black wing, Gensei is forcefully downloading the Imaginary School District into a physical storage device, and the only compatible storage here happens to be Mikoto because of the Sisters.

In other words, even if Mikoto attends lv.6 though this, it'll be no credit of her own. Mikoto herself has no capacity of connecting Imaginary School District and use that power by herself. She is merely a medium for Gensei to channel the power from Imaginary School District.
Old 2013-07-27, 23:38   Link #4393
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Hoping for Mikoto to break out of this by herself, would show she has indomitable will-power if she does.
Old 2013-07-28, 00:27   Link #4394
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I mean Touma hasn't saved her yet. Even if it looks like it'll happen for sure. Maybe she'll do it herself to show how she's grown since beforehand. Also, it looks like Saten will know Sister related stuff from now on most likely so this seems to be some character development. Misaki might make everything go back to normal, but I doubt it. Kongo already also knows that Mikoto has a sister. Everything is already so messed up politics wise in the school that things are crazily going on. I'm guessing Shokuhou will brainwash some people. Either way, we know from NT 7 that
Spoiler for NT 7:

Either way... I think I'll throw back advice I was just given yesterday. We should stop making too many conjectures about Touma saving everything before we he actually does anything to make it look like that will happen. I don't see why Mikoto, Shokuhou's relationship can't improve and they will help each other out... Mikoto knowing things about Shokuhou already shows how they've gotten closer as a result of this arc. I also think that even though things have gone "back to normal" after each arc with Mikoto, they really haven't. Small things have changed each in every time that have fundamentally changed the lives of everyone involved and these small "changes" continue to get larger and larger. This seems familiar doesn't it
Old 2013-07-28, 00:37   Link #4395
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I mean Touma hasn't saved her yet. Even if it looks like it'll happen for sure. Maybe she'll do it herself to show how she's grown since beforehand. Also, it looks like Saten will know Sister related stuff from now on most likely so this seems to be some character development. Misaki might make everything go back to normal, but I doubt it. Kongo already also knows that Mikoto has a sister. Everything is already so messed up politics wise in the school that things are crazily going on. I'm guessing Shokuhou will brainwash some people. Either way, we know from NT 7 that
Spoiler for NT 7:
I had actually completely forgotten about that line from NT7 (I really should re-read that volume soon...)
I'll just put the quote under spoiler tags:
Spoiler for Index NT7:

So, yeah. You're probably right that he may not be as involved as we think he will be. Although one could argue that Misaki is calling this entire series of events a "side-event".
Old 2013-07-28, 00:41   Link #4396
lazydoggamer
Lazy and I know it

Quote:
I guess Mikoto shocking her eneimes/railgun=soultion is so much better and doesn't solve things simply
Old 2013-07-28, 00:46   Link #4397
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoggamer View Post
I guess Mikoto shocking her eneimes/railgun=soultion is so much better and doesn't solve things simply
Lol.... But then again it is her manga. I think it'll happen though. Either way if she's fighting Gensei we'll hopefully get to see some of her new powers. I'm excited

@Hamazura: such a good point now that I think about it actually it would explain a lot. Even though I argue that since it seems she might be able to reach level 6 she could also just be useful anyway. Given that we were obsessing so much about
Spoiler for LN 22:
Mikoto being able to be a level 6 (in theory) would make her rise to #3 on his list as well
Old 2013-07-28, 00:47   Link #4398
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
I had actually completely forgotten about that line from NT7 (I really should re-read that volume soon...)
I'll just put the quote under spoiler tags:

So, yeah. You're probably right that he may not be as involved as we think he will be. Although one could argue that Misaki is calling this entire series of events a "side-event".
She just may not consider it much and that fits her character anyway. I think he'll talk it out with her rather than fight someone this time.

Quote:
Lol.... But then again it is her manga. I think it'll happen though. Either way if she's fighting Gensei we'll hopefully get to see some of her new powers. I'm excited
Me, too. Let him arrive a little late.
Old 2013-07-28, 05:04   Link #4399
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
I'm wonder what exactly Gensei means by starting the experiment. Does he plan to let her loose on the city? Wouldn't make much sense because that would be a big enough event to have been mentioned by someone on the novels. Is he capable of controlling her in that state? Either with exterior (she does have her barrier and while exterior seems stronger than Misaki powers, she may have a stronger barrier in her current state too) or maybe through the virus he got on the Misaka network (if she is connected to it right now maybe it's possible). So how exactly he plan to examine / test / stop her from just crushing he right there right now?
This is like asking WHAT scientists want to do by making a God (Level 6).
It's either for science or so they can rule the world by controlling it.

It will be probably similar to how Hyoka was controlled later.
By using the Sister Network to control her, he won't be able to "hack" her with Exterior directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
LO was on a far worse situation during 0931 and WWIII and Accelerator was still able to use his powers with no problems.
Yes but this situation is different. Gensei himself hacked the Network and all Sisters already collapsed.
And he mentioned the "Main Plan", so he knows Accelerator and maybe even information about his current state.
He could have rendered him useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoggamer View Post
As long as the enemy is appropriate (like with ITEM), it's much better than Touma.
If she is just abusing her power on the weak and holding back, it's no fun.

Quote:
Either way if she's fighting Gensei we'll hopefully get to see some of her new powers. I'm excited
I agree, Touma can't get there in less than a 5-10 minutes + the run up to the top of the building.
And I doubt Gensei will be able to control her that easily so we can expect some fight (even though I am not sure what Gensei would do)
Even Mitori mentioned "maybe there is still hope left", meaning that she might be able to pull herself from it.

Will then Gensei redirect the Network to himself? Or even to the Exterior?
That huge brain would make for an awesome boss

Quote:
Also, it looks like Saten will know Sister related stuff from now on most likely so this seems to be some character development.
She only knows so far that Misaka has ONE SISTER. She does not know more (unless she figured it out from the rumors).
So it's not much of a development for her, but I still hope she does not just sits there like and idiot for the rest of the arc.
She already called Kuroko + Uiharu, they can get there (with her) faster than Touma.
That would definitely annoy Xochitl to the maximum if she will see her running again into danger.
Old 2013-07-28, 05:08   Link #4400
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
You do realized the irony of your statement right? That's like saying Mikoto solving problems with her Railgun is too anti-climatic.

We can definitely count the number of times that has happened, the robbery in the first season, the criminals in the helicopter, Telestina, AIM Burst... If you want to argue that other people also played a part then your argument wouldn't hold up because other people has also played their part for Kamijou to resolve things.

But on the positive note, you could also spin it that Kamijou's punch is FAR MORE MEMORABLE than a railgun

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-07-28 at 05:28.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen