AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2003-11-16, 20:15   Link #1
Hot Ice

So what's the story behind your username?

This question had probably been asked? But what the heck? Does it describe you as a person? Can a person be labeled with a single word?

mine: Hot Ice - it's obviously an oxymoron

I chose it for I'm a person of contradiction. Yep, I often contradict myself and can be considered as a hypocrite.

Like I'll give someone an advice, but I won't follow that advice myself. lol Or say something and secretly do other things.

::: sigh...now I feel guilty...sigh :::
Hot Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-16, 20:20   Link #2
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

ermm well on the old board i wanted to be "im over the fantasy" or summin like that coz i use it for emails etc but it was already taken. I wanted to join fast and i just kept twiddling my thumbs...eventually i just did gravitation...i like the anime so i thought hey what the heck ^__^ i could of changed my name to im over the fantasy when the board got wiped but that would be to much hassle and plus gravitation is nice a short ^_^
gravitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-16, 20:26   Link #3
Neoelement
why cry duck butt?

Send a message via AIM to Neoelement
Well, when i started to play Diablo 2 like forever ago, i figured i need a new name, old one being Necromage2k.
And i came up with Neoelement becuase i figured i was a new element in the battlefield and i kinda just kept it over teh years ^_____^
Neoelement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-16, 20:36   Link #4
Gaara11
~ Got Love? ~

I chose Gaara11 because I like Gaara obviously and 11 because its the anniversary date of my girl and I. Ahhhhh.....
Gaara11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-16, 20:59   Link #5
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Super...meaning super...as in superman..etc etc...

Chop...shortened version of "Portuguese Porkchop" which was meant as an insult...but after a while we just decided to not take it as an insult and just use it to refer to other portuguese people...it was later shortened to "Porkchop"...and not so long after that...to "chop"...

didn't take me too long to come up with this name..and ever since it just stuck with me...i've never gotten tired of this name

now...how many people thought my name didn't have a meaning
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-16, 21:14   Link #6
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Isn't it obvious? I'm a jellyfish of the calciferous variety!
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-16, 21:23   Link #7
NenMaster

NenMaster - in hunter x hunter they have a special power called nen, e.g. chakra in naruto and im a master (i wish)
NenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-16, 22:10   Link #8
Silent Spring
Sealab Captain

I came up with this name like a year or so ago. It's based on the book Silent Spring, by Rachel Carson. It's about DDT and the harzards of it to birds and stuff that eats the dead bugs, it's all quite boring but the title was really cool. It means that after all the birds and animals are dead there'll be a silent spring. I thought that it symbolized power like a nuclear blast. So I decided to call myself Silent Spring
Silent Spring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-16, 23:44   Link #9
Tomomi
chrno fangal

I can't remember when was it. But one of my friends translated of my full name into a japanese one. And my japanese full name is Tomomi Noriko. Since that full name is kinda long, so I just put in Tomomi. And here I am now.
Tomomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-16, 23:58   Link #10
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
my screenname is easy to figure it, Dragon Ball Z... the reason why I picked it is because it's the first anime I ever started watching (in France and in french) and it was the first anime I really fell in love with and became addicted to. of course i was a wee bit child and there weren't many other quality anime to choose from so dbz easily stood out. even though it's close to absolute crap compared to what i've seen now i still cherish it as being the first anime that got me hooked in the first place. without dbz to plant those anime seeds as a child, i wouldn't be the anime fanatic that i am today...
dragonz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-17, 00:00   Link #11
dark_breaka
Äñìmê Frëã|{

I choose the username because i seem to like to like the dark it even shows it in my sig and avatar and i came up with breaka because i can usually break almost every copy protection on games and music cd's. Compnaies will never learn that almost any kind of protection can be cracked.

Last edited by dark_breaka; 2003-11-17 at 02:37.
dark_breaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-17, 00:44   Link #12
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
Isn't it obvious? I'm a jellyfish of the calciferous variety!
How could i be so stupid and not see it before? *walks away in shame*
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-17, 00:45   Link #13
Dark Zero

Send a message via AIM to Dark Zero
Well, Zero, as in the character from the megaman(rockman)X series. In X6, he became "maverick" as in EVIL and was pretty cool at it. "Dark" fits an evil character, and I'm quite EVIL myself, so "dark zero" was born. ^_^
Dark Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-17, 01:15   Link #14
Caliban
Dyaus Pitar

I chose this username because when the first time I saw it I just felt that name was me. Just like Neo from The Matrix feels who he is, he is not Mr. Anderson he is Neo.
I found the name while I was doing some research on names that I was going to use on a project(incomplete btw) that I was doing.
Caliban is the name of a character from one of the works of William Shakespear. Incidently I have never read the book where such character name exists nor do I remember the title of it.
Caliban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-17, 01:53   Link #15
Nothing Special
Hello.

My cousin came up with this name about six or seven years ago for his punk band. I've always liked it, so I decided to steal the name (sorry, cuz ).
Nothing Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-17, 01:54   Link #16
Dark Zero

Send a message via AIM to Dark Zero
I guess theres nothing special behind "nothing special". Oh man thats such a poor pun, sorry....
Dark Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-17, 02:02   Link #17
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliban
Caliban is the name of a character from one of the works of William Shakespear. Incidently I have never read the book where such character name exists nor do I remember the title of it.
That would be 'The Tempest'..Caliban is the..um..deformed slave I think.
Tzurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-17, 03:13   Link #18
Dark_Voodoo
In The Navy

Mine's an oldy. It all dates back to my first Voodoo2 grapichs card when all my friends started calling me Voodoo. Well over the years I'v dropped the "2" thing and during one of my more evil nights I added Dark_
so now I'm Dark_Voodoo and thats the nick I always use.
Dark_Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-17, 03:28   Link #19
kanazuchi

Send a message via AIM to kanazuchi
My name is nothing special, I dropped my japanese to english dictionary, it opened and this was the first word I saw, thought it suited me
kanazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-17, 03:35   Link #20
Silent Spring
Sealab Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzurial
That would be 'The Tempest'..Caliban is the..um..deformed slave I think.
hehe, that's right and he is drunk and ranting about how he owns the island half the time in the play. Hey Caliban, you got quite a winner's name there
Silent Spring is offline   Reply With Quote