AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 5 12.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 28.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 25.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 7.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-12, 18:02   Link #81
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I think he was always a knight. You can be both. (Hayate is another example)

Once you are knighted, you are knight.
Once you pass the TSAB exams you receive a mage rank.

It has been revealed in the filler manga chapters that Erio is aiming to be a "knight". This seems to imply that he participated in some knight training program somewhere.

The Church probably offers other titles as well. Schach is a "Sister" for instance
I see... Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
With her bare fist and her insane amount of magical power.
And yes, Raging Heart wasn't in staff form, but it wasn't dormant either, since her Barrier Jacket was still there.
Acutally, Raising Heart didn't affect her magic amount. Raising Heart only affects her spell, and because she wasn't using any (I mean any of her 'crafted' spells), RH isn't an issue.

Other than that minor part, I agree.
Old 2007-08-12, 18:22   Link #82
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Caps
http://blog.seiha.org/?p=259

Not really a fan of the episode. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much exposition and just random chattering on and on and on and not nearly enough heavy petting.

Er... action.

Last edited by aroduc; 2007-08-12 at 18:33.
Old 2007-08-12, 18:51   Link #83
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The half-way eyecatch........
Old 2007-08-12, 18:57   Link #84
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

"Starts placing bets on character survival rates"
Old 2007-08-12, 20:05   Link #85
Key Board
Carbon

sure, why not

Nanoha:
90% chance of surviving with major permanent injuries

Fowards: (Subaru, Teana, Erio, Caro)
100% survival possibility

Zest:
0% survival possibility. walking corpse
Old 2007-08-12, 20:31   Link #86
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

I can see some of the Numbers defecting, mostly the newer ones whom have no real loyalty to Scagliati's goals, but are doing it for the heck of it.

But ya, Zest have like 0% surival rate.
Old 2007-08-12, 20:38   Link #87
Guppy

Spoiler for favourite quote:
Old 2007-08-12, 20:41   Link #88
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
I can see some of the Numbers defecting, mostly the newer ones whom have no real loyalty to Scagliati's goals, but are doing it for the heck of it.
Technically, it's not like they're doing it just for the heck of it... Sein/Wendi for one have no particular dreams or ambitions, but are doing it since it's for their "birth father," which shows while it's not a deep loyalty/trust or anything like Uno and Tre (( maybe Due too )), they have a degree of respect and ~creator's attachment for the Doctor.

Well, there's still the more stoic Numbers like Deed/Otto, but I'm not sure if we'll see them with more personality.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-08-12, 20:41   Link #89
Key Board
Carbon

It's true that some Numbers don't care (or even understands) what his goals are, but as they said, they are doing this for family

It would take something along the lines of "OH HEY, YOU HAVE FAKE MEMORIES LOL LOL LOL" to trigger something like a betrayal

the blank personality Numbers are probably harder to read, are they ultra logical like Contractors from Darker than Black? If so they might just prioritize their own survival and flee, otherwise no
Old 2007-08-12, 21:10   Link #90
princesa_Ameria

Send a message via MSN to princesa_Ameria
Nanoha StrikerS Ep 20 RAW ^^

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v959139gcm5fhXy
Old 2007-08-12, 21:16   Link #91
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

I wouldn't be too overly surprised if Jail eventually said "screw you" and tried to destroy the TSAB crew with his Numbers as collaterol damage leading to them switching sides. At least some of them. Wendi, Cinque and Sein all seem entirely too good natured to be die at this point. I can easily see the series ending with Jail and the core numbers dead and the rest being lost/welcomed into the TSAB by our Type Zero.

I'm personally not so confident of Nanoha's 'survival,' though I have this strange theory that I'm nursing where she gets tossed into some alternate dimension or something. Not really based on anything. Just a way to remove her and let the focus shift to the kiddos while not actually killing her. Let Subaru train Vivio up and then head out on her own grand adventure to find Nanoha. :-P
Old 2007-08-12, 21:19   Link #92
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

True, hopefully with the Type Zero sisters, a saved Ginga and Subaru could learn one of the most vital aspects of Nanoha; being befriended by superior firepower.
Old 2007-08-12, 21:26   Link #93
Jimmy C

All this exposition was exactly what I was afraid of. Since 2 weeks ago, I had a feeling they'd go the "tell, not show" routine. Now it has come to pass.
Old 2007-08-12, 21:50   Link #94
RandomGuy
ここに居ってんねん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Well, Jail being possibly a created being himself wasn't unexpected (( to me at least )), but linked to Al-Hazard!? Now, that's a twist, though I don't know if it's actually going to be a huge plot-device or just something to spazz Fate a little.
Spoiler for idle nonsense speculation:
Old 2007-08-12, 22:56   Link #95
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
I wouldn't be too overly surprised if Jail eventually said "screw you" and tried to destroy the TSAB crew with his Numbers as collaterol damage leading to them switching sides. At least some of them. Wendi, Cinque and Sein all seem entirely too good natured to be die at this point. I can easily see the series ending with Jail and the core numbers dead and the rest being lost/welcomed into the TSAB by our Type Zero.
If this happened, I would be in a mood to kill...
Old 2007-08-12, 23:03   Link #96
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I hope not. Jail's always been a bastard, but I kinda liked how he doesn't treat his Numbers like crap, and that the Numbers themselves don't feel negatively forced to do what they're doing, but willingly since it's for the family/sisters/father.

If he's going to pull a "screw you girls" just for the sake of having some likable Numbers live, and defect, that...feels kinda... I dunno, inappropriate.

That being said, even though everything points towards a brain-washed Ginga (( her addressed as XIII, silent all the way, stoic as hell )), I'm still hoping out for something...different.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-08-12, 23:06   Link #97
Key Board
Carbon

Well, he's not exactly sane. Insane people tend to lose sight of what is important. *cough*Precia*cough*

Especially if your pet name is Infinite Desire

Though if you ask me, crazy vilians like him ARE different.
Nowadays, every villain has a sob story.
We need some classic super robot villains once in a while.
Old 2007-08-12, 23:43   Link #98
TAM-Lisa
Yuricon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
God damn this episode is boring so far.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
Some Duo's SS ...that scene where she licked the claw is exactly like what Nao did in Mai Hime

Not only that, her smile made me scare
Old 2007-08-12, 23:44   Link #99
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Well, he's not exactly sane. Insane people tend to lose sight of what is important. *cough*Precia*cough*

Especially if your pet name is Infinite Desire

Though if you ask me, crazy vilians like him ARE different.
Nowadays, every villain has a sob story.
We need some classic super robot villains once in a while.
I do indeed welcome that for a change, since that will led to a much more
clean kill off of a character...

On the note of this episode while it have finally started to answere some of the questions that is key forcus of the plot I wanted to see interaction between Signum/Fate and Vita/Nanoha. However there is the nice moment of Fate and Nanoha telling each other not to over do they have such a good relationship as a married couple .

On to the next ep and hopefully more and bigger fireworks. Friendship over superior firepower FTW
Old 2007-08-12, 23:47   Link #100
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
I do indeed welcome that for a change, since that will led to a much more
clean kill off of a character...

On the note of this episode while it have finally started to answere some of the questions that is key forcus of the plot I wanted to see interaction between Signum/Fate and Vita/Nanoha. However there is the nice moment of Fate and Nanoha telling each other not to over do they have such a good relationship as a married couple .

On to the next ep and hopefully more and bigger fireworks. Friendship over superior firepower FTW
I'm voting Super Gadget Type-X (SGX) for the most fireworks!

And that scene could've gone both ways, as always... NEED SUBS!!!