AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-03-15, 10:35   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Chapter 487 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---
Chapter Status: Partial Spoiler released

Quote:
-Sasuke acknowledges Naruto's statements, and pledges to kill Naruto. He then heads back with Madara...

- Madara encourages Sasuke to take Itachi's eyes, and Sasuke accepts...

- Kisame is alive ...

- Black Zetsu replaced Kisame's body with a clone (either before the fight or before Kisame "died"), and the real Kisame hid inside Samehade (somehow)...

- Kirabi took Samehade back to Kumo with him, so now Kisame is in Kumo with Kirabi...

- Kabutomaru makes a brief appearance using the white snake powers to kill some random shinobi...

Last edited by james0246; 2010-03-15 at 14:32.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 10:58   Link #2
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Kisame lost his sword I think so most likely he will lose.
Old 2010-03-15, 11:13   Link #3
iBeast

Sasuke needs to go into more training before attacking Konoha again.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 11:29   Link #4
Miles54321

Kabutomarou, excuse me? sorry?

I wish Naruto learnt more just though and is this spoiler confirmed??

I thought Kisame was dead
Miles54321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 11:35   Link #5
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Kabuto absorbed the remains of Orochimaru into his body. (after Orochimaru lost to Sasuke)
Old 2010-03-15, 11:38   Link #6
Crimson Reaper

Quote:
Sasuke wants to kill Naruto
How shocking...Yet at the same time I don't really blame him.

Quote:
Madara encourages Sasuke to take Itachi's eyes
Well considering he's just about blind now this is pretty much the only option for him. It might actually also be a missing part need for that 'Crow' inside of Naruto to activate around Sasuke, since I'm sure Itachi has such a fail safe plan.

Quote:
Kisame is alive
Not too surprising, his business with Suigetsu wasn't finished and Akatsuki really does need more members right now to remain a threat to everyone.

Quote:
Kabutomaru makes a brief appearance
This actually interests me even though I really hate Kabuto, maybe it's because I never liked how a bad guy so built up like Orochimaru was was taken down so easy like a bitch. That or the possibility of seeing more Anko, she really deserves more panel time.

Looks good so far.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 12:22   Link #7
SeanQ

Yes!!! Kisame is too ownage to die like that =)
Old 2010-03-15, 12:33   Link #8
Nite-Wing

hmmm
sasuke wants to kill naruto WOW
Yay kabuto is back
maybe well get a whole arc dedicated to him
Nite-Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 12:36   Link #9
james0246

Important update, Sasuke accepts the offer of Itachi's eyes.
Old 2010-03-15, 13:01   Link #10
Crimson Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Important update, Sasuke accepts the offer of Itachi's eyes.
Well it's not like he had a choice, but again I'm sure Itachi has foreseen this and somehow connected his eyes with whatever he did to Naruto. Hopefully a continous message in Sasuke's head that says, "You just had to be a little emo about everything didn't you? This is why dad didn't love you." or "I'm inside of you now, happy yet?".....Wow that would be creepy.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 13:29   Link #11
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Kisame is alive and Kabuchimaru has some paneltime, what else can you wish for? Nice.
Old 2010-03-15, 13:30   Link #12
ntherblast

I knew kisame wasnt dead he died so easily.
ntherblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 13:42   Link #13
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Well, at least they have a decent reason for Kisame surviving. Putting his head back on would have been a bit of a stretch. Looks like Sasuke will probably get the uber-Susanoo. Other than that, standard fare it seems.
Old 2010-03-15, 14:05   Link #14
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sasuke taking Itachi's eyes was only a matter of time. I hope that'll just solve his blindness and not grant him any further power-ups, but...

And finally the return of Kabuto ! Been waiting for it a long time.
Old 2010-03-15, 14:22   Link #15
Nite-Wing

EMS is essentially a powerup because it stops the pain in your eyes from using the techniques.
Sasuke's goal of killing Naruto conflicts with Madara's plans now. How much longer will sasuke be on Madara's team.
Nite-Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 14:27   Link #16
james0246

Further update, the Kisame that fought Kirabi was a "special" clone. It is unclear how this clone is formed, nor what its power difference is from Kisame, but the clone is what fought Kirabi.

And where was Kisame? Hiding in his sword, of course, which means he is with Kirabi in Kumo....

I find all of this particularly funny especially concerning the brief conversation in the last chapter concerning "fake" character deaths...
Old 2010-03-15, 14:30   Link #17
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

This spoiler explains some things.

Quote:
By vered on NF
Translation by Shounensuki:

Sasuke recognizes Naruto and from now on, he will consider killing (defeating?) Naruto his number 1 [priority]. He heads back with Madara, having decided to transplant Itachi's eyes.

As expected, Kisame is no half work
Kisame has infiltrated the Land of Lightning within the Samehada. Him becoming one and capturing the Eight Tails was agreed before, during his talk with Madara. What was killed was a clone created by Zetsu's technique that was used as a substitute to feign [Kisame's] death.

Finally, we see Kabutomaru setting out to some country. I don't know which one, but he was finally able to become familiar with his body. He uses the White Snake to kill some country's ninja.

It ends with this.
Old 2010-03-15, 14:46   Link #18
Rahan

@shounensuki tweaked slighty his translation. You should update your post.

It's so beyond retcon it is amazing.
Kishi just changed his mind and decided he would keep Kisame rather than Bee. There is no plot anymore.

Bee just got saved. He tried to escape his village. He needs to be protected from Akatsuki. His brother wants to shelter him.
And he is alone.

Of course, when both fought alone previously, Kisame won with ease and Bee needed to be saved by both Samehada (or even by Kisame inside Samehada) and Raikage, so one might wonder what was the point of saving Bee in the first place. (or Kisame if he dies again, but it would be so completely retarded I can't believe it will come to that)
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 15:06   Link #19
SeanQ

Cool...Kisame is a true stealth ninja xD
Old 2010-03-15, 15:44   Link #20
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Well, at least they have a decent reason for Kisame surviving. Putting his head back on would have been a bit of a stretch. Looks like Sasuke will probably get the uber-Susanoo. Other than that, standard fare it seems.
Oh yeah, a "decent reason." Sure, it makes perfect sense that Zetsu could spontaneously replace Kisame's real body with a clone right in the middle of a battle without anyone noticing.

Seriously, why does anyone even bother when they can just pull ridiculous crap like that?
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion