Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-09, 14:47   Link #241
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan-san View Post
And if that's Gil in that shot, I hope that Jil is out of shot ready to give him what for.
Yeah, I think it's Gil.

The homepage for the anime has two character profiles on Gilgamesh. The first, about the Gilgamesh the old king, and the second for Gilgamesh the young hero who climbed the tower.

There's a resemblance with the guy in that shot and the young Gilgamesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick rick
No, the reason she ultimately goes with Neeba is because he holds the key to going to the mythical tower. If she didn't go with him she have no way to guarantee she'd be able to find another way into to the tower.
Like I said before, this doesn't make sense.

Why did she have to go to the trouble of betraying Jil, her party and practically everybody else just because of a key to the next tower? It's even simpler to admit to Jil that she lied, and the prize—a prize that they all fought for—is actually just a key. Knowing Jil, he would be even willing to help her out. Neeba doesn't even have the key; he sneak attacked Jil and stole it from them.

Last edited by kujoe; 2009-01-09 at 15:00.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 14:50   Link #242
Molenir

Quote:
I think some people are justifying Fatina x Jil because of kaaya betrayal. At some point the anime will address this issue, so before then I will defend kaaya honour be4 the ravaging fatina fanboi/gurls.
There are probably some like that. Myself though, I always liked Fatina. From episode 1, hell from the OP of episode 1, where she steals his toast and runs to make the train. To be honest, apart from Coopa, shes my favorite female in the show. Though I did like (gal who died, forget her name off the top of my head.)

I've never really thought much of Kaaya. Shes a nice enough girl, at least thats the way she appeared before the betrayal, but I never really got into her the way I did with Fatina. Maybe its the way she dresses, or the way she talks, but Fatina is the one for me!
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 14:52   Link #243
Molenir

Speaking of the series, and how long its supposed to run. I seem to remember reading somewhere awhile back, that it was supposed to have 3 installments. Aegis of Uruk, Sword of Uruk, and something else. Anyone know if thats true?
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 14:59   Link #244
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Though if you read back (and carefully) you would see that a LOT of Fatina fans would agree that there is more chance that Jil will end up with Kayaa rather than with her.

There is no point having a shipping war if there isn't one present. Fortunately we "Fatina fans" aren't blinded by denial of what is most realistically going to happen for the series so there really isn't need to go all out to defend "kayaa's honor". Sure she has her reasons and we will be getting to that

And talk about extreme comparison...

As for Gil...he is just an old man
So if that vision of the dude who "killed" Kayaa is Gil then it means that 1) He is an imposter or 2) He had an out of body experience like Kai.
Extreme as it may be, fatina action towards Jil reminded me of mitsuki from nursing Jil out of his depressed state and her relationship with Jil occurring after kaaya's incident, bad memories.....

Denial and acceptance is two different things, if at best wishful thinking...
To me it isn't a matter of who jil ends up with but more of how everyone on AS is portraying Kaaya despite her actions are kinder than others. You could say I'm sympathetic towards the whole incident but its closer to reality which I gladly accept.
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 15:00   Link #245
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

My computer broke down on me last May and I couldn't get it fixed until late November, so I missed the last 4 episodes of the first season. Reading the posts here I thought Kaaya left in Neeba's arms laughing hard at Jil, but that's not how it happened at all. It is obvious that it wasn't an easy decision for her either, she probably just didn't want Jil & co to get hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala View Post
Neeba actually offered to let Fatina and Utu go with him if they wouldn't complain about his deceiving them, but they were too upset to agree to it.
What?! Neeba back-stabbed them and then said (in a very,VERY arrogant way) that he would allow them to follow him only if they would shut the fuck up. Nobody in their right mind would go with Neeba after what he had just done, who knows what else he is hiding... You made is seem like Utu and Fatima were the wrong ones. Kaaya I can forgive, but Neeba is just an asshole.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 15:06   Link #246
ThoHell

Ugh, this is turning out to be a pairing war. This is my take on Kaaya, she's boring, very. Yeah sweet and nice and all but damn boring. Fatina is much more amusing. Don't know where everyone is getting this idea that Jil and Kaaya are lovers. NOT MUCH HAPPENED AT ALL in season 1. Yeah a damn kiss in the final episode, but it's just a damn kiss. Hell if all it took to be labeled as lovers was this, then everyone in the damn world would be a lover or former lover. Basically I'm getting at this, there hasn't been much or anything at all. Basic common interaction until the final episode, while so far Jil and Kaaya have more intimate interaction in 1 episode then Jil and Kaaya did all of last season, only thing she hasn't done is kissed him. Kaaya is an everyday type of girl, pretty yawnish, SO GO FATINA!
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 15:07   Link #247
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
I've never really thought much of Kaaya. Shes a nice enough girl, at least thats the way she appeared before the betrayal, but I never really got into her the way I did with Fatina. Maybe its the way she dresses, or the way she talks, but Fatina is the one for me!
I find her bland character-wise. The same goes for her interactions with Jil. She does have this very innocent sense of humor, but that can only go so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWingz
Extreme as it may be, fatina action towards Jil reminded me of mitsuki from nursing Jil out of his depressed state and her relationship with Jil occurring after kaaya's incident, bad memories.....
Like Deathkillz said, it's a very extreme, and might I add, a very ridiculous comparison. I mean, how's this for a KGNE comparison? They were both betrayed. As you can see, it doesn't work that way.

The fact is, we don't know what Kaaya and Neeba's goals are, nor do we know how things will be in the future. So yeah, I can't wait for the party to start climbing that tower.
Old 2009-01-09, 15:10   Link #248
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

This reminds me of the C.C vs Kallen shipping battles. I would say Macross, but it isn't on Macross' lvl yet...
Old 2009-01-09, 15:11   Link #249
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

could anyone post a relationship chart for this show, im so confused , all i know is that neeba is jill's half bro with different mothers and kaaya is somehow related to gill and kai.
what about the blue ghost of the tower, and other characters' relationship to one to another?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 15:12   Link #250
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina Ismail View Post
I would say Macross, but it isn't on Macross' lvl yet...
Nah. Macross has always been a question mark.

This one? Not sure yet, but so far it seems to be going towards a standard, straightforward direction.
Old 2009-01-09, 15:18   Link #251
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post

Like Deathkillz said, it's a very extreme, and might I add, a very ridiculous comparison. I mean, how's this for a KGNE comparison? They were both betrayed. As you can see, it doesn't work that way.

The fact is, we don't know what Kaaya and Neeba's goals are, nor do we know how things will be in the future. So yeah, I can't wait for the party to start climbing that tower.
I think some people are jumping the gun here, although my intent was to say how their relationship reminded me of KGNE I can with less effort distinguish between the two. I wasn't planning on drawing any similarity only stating nostalgia, lol is there a negative term to that? Trauma?
In all fairness I have nothing against fatina much to Horie Yui presence ^^, I agree with everyone that fatina interaction has a unique charm to it.
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 15:22   Link #252
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWingz View Post

Denial and acceptance is two different things, if at best wishful thinking...
To me it isn't a matter of who jil ends up with but more of how everyone on AS is portraying Kaaya despite her actions are kinder than others. You could say I'm sympathetic towards the whole incident but its closer to reality which I gladly accept.
Oh and as if Fatina isn't depressed herself to have her heart smashed to bits?

I think we can't deny the fact that Fatina does have some feelings for Jil and that isn't ONLY because she was betrayed by Neeba. IIRC an ep or two before the end of season 1 Fatina had had moment with Jil by himself who then expressed possible feelings of "like" but still second to Neeba at that time. Well that was already a major improvement from her initial "disgusted" attitude towards him.

And like someone already said those feelings were to have continued growing since they started living together (as friends) for half a year and where Jil remained in depression she chose to not let the past put her down (I call this a strong will).

Though it may not seem as strong as it is if she has doubts about climbing the tower again hence why I thought that she may still harbour some feelings for Neeba.

Though it is great to hear that you aren't exactly anti Fatina to the point of raging if they end up together (by some miracle)

But I still disagree with the comparison that Fatina is like Mitsuki given that their cases are no where similar in why one is nursing the other (outside of the female having feelings for the male, but that kind of crap is seen everywhere anyway).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Ugh, this is turning out to be a pairing war. This is my take on Kaaya, she's boring, very. Yeah sweet and nice and all but damn boring. Fatina is much more amusing. Don't know where everyone is getting this idea that Jil and Kaaya are lovers. NOT MUCH HAPPENED AT ALL in season 1. Yeah a damn kiss in the final episode, but it's just a damn kiss. Hell if all it took to be labeled as lovers was this, then everyone in the damn world would be a lover or former lover. Basically I'm getting at this, there hasn't been much or anything at all. Basic common interaction until the final episode, while so far Jil and Kaaya have more intimate interaction in 1 episode then Jil and Kaaya did all of last season, only thing she hasn't done is kissed him. Kaaya is an everyday type of girl, pretty yawnish, SO GO FATINA!
And that is the type of stuff that gets the flame roaring

Yare yare~

I can just see people arguing back to what is just a personal opinion (one which I side on) with points about why Kayaa is attractive.

In short, I don't think there is any need to

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 15:22   Link #253
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina Ismail View Post
I feel like you and I are the only ones who saw that the reason Kaaya ditched Jil was so she could protect him... she had regret all over her face when she watched them get flushed down the tower and during S2's ep you can see she is still bothered by it.

Hmm, indeed finally someone else who can see something so obvious, her mood then and now shows how much sorrow she is carrying. But nah extremist jilxfatina shippers prefer to not see it and insut her instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWingz View Post
Jil x Kaaya ftw

I think some people are justifying Fatina x Jil because of kaaya betrayal. At some point the anime will address this issue, so before then I will defend kaaya honour be4 the ravaging fatina fanboi/gurls.
Agreed.Betrayal this, betrayal that...that's all they keep using to keep kaaya down while often insulting her as well. then they say their time together didn't amount to almost anything but fatina's does?

blah,blah,betrayal,blah,blahlulzfatinaandjilreally careforeachothereventhoughthere'snothingtoproveit, blah,blah is all fatina shippers sound alike
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 15:25   Link #254
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Hmm, indeed finally someone else who can see something so obvious, her mood then and now shows how much sorrow she is carrying. But nah extremist jilxfatina shippers prefer to not see it and insut her instead.
I think "knowing her actions" and "liking her personality" is two seperate cases

I mean I know why she did what she did but still find her character boring as heck (must be because there are too many characters like her these days, the "too good to be true" type ).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 15:34   Link #255
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Yeah, I think it's Gil.

The homepage for the anime has two character profiles on Gilgamesh. The first, about the Gilgamesh the old king, and the second for Gilgamesh the young hero who climbed the tower.

There's a resemblance with the guy in that shot and the young Gilgamesh.

Like I said before, this doesn't make sense.

Why did she have to go to the trouble of betraying Jil, her party and practically everybody else just because of a key to the next tower? It's even simpler to admit to Jil that she lied, and the prize—a prize that they all fought for—is actually just a key. Knowing Jil, he would be even willing to help her out. Neeba doesn't even have the key; he sneak attacked Jil and stole it from them.
maybe because she knows it is dangerous and she doesn't want jill go with her to almost certain death.
Old 2009-01-09, 15:36   Link #256
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I think "knowing her actions" and "liking her personality" is two seperate cases

I mean I know why she did what she did but still find her character boring as heck (must be because there are too many characters like her these days, the "too good to be true" type ).
The sad part about this is that Fatina's character is more shallow,boring,generic then kaaya's character will ever be. there's nothing fresh, new or unique about fatina's character
muahahaha the irony.....
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 15:40   Link #257
kujoe
from head to heel

Yeah... ok.

Man, where's the second episode when you need it?
Old 2009-01-09, 15:45   Link #258
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
What?! Neeba back-stabbed them and then said (in a very,VERY arrogant way) that he would allow them to follow him only if they would shut the fuck up. Nobody in their right mind would go with Neeba after what he had just done, who knows what else he is hiding... You made is seem like Utu and Fatima were the wrong ones. Kaaya I can forgive, but Neeba is just an asshole.
Of course Neeba was being an asshole and Utu and Fatina could never have followed him while keeping their self-respect. I was just pointing out that Neeba was open to having more lackeys along for the ride, though probably not Jil.
Marsala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 15:54   Link #259
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
The sad part about this is that Fatina's character is more shallow,boring,generic then kaaya's character will ever be. there's nothing fresh, new or unique about fatina's character
muahahaha the irony.....
Yeah, typical clingy cheerleader.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 16:03   Link #260
FuzzyWuzzy

Quote:

Jil will be willing to help out but the rest of the party won't be. Everyone was there for their own reason and they all have something they wished for. Jil will help because all he wants to do is play the "Hero".

It's a secret that shouldn't be made public also. So she can't just say it to anyone even people she trusts. No one knows what's on top of the tower, even the army commander. All they know is that the top promises a way to grant people's wishes. If the secret that there is nothing on top of the tower is made public, no one will even try going up to the tower.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, gonzo, rpg