AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-14, 08:07   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 734 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Happy New Year, guys! Spoilers are finally out! Credit goes to Redon from AP and a fellow called Divvens from orojackson.com for the summary translation:

Quote:
> Rebecca stands up as the crowd begins to insult her and start spewing harsh words at her.
> Outside the Colosseum, Vice Admiral Bastille speaks about a man (I cannot translate the name, it's messy, sorry).
> Bastitlle tells all the Marines that the man (he is speaking about) took out everyone in Block D.
> The Marines have been chasing this man for quite a while but have failed to capture him. The man is rumored to be two times more powerful than Cavendish.
> King Riku has been captured and taken to the Palace, where Law is on the ground unconscious and Doflamingo has a wicked smile (and is super confident)
> Luffy, Zoro and Kine'mon reach the Palace doors and meet someone who would like to "guide" their way.
End Of Chapter

Well, well, Rebecca wins after all! But it turns out that it was indeed someone else who knocked out the rest of the fighters. I'm still wondering if it's Meadows, since he wasn't shown at all last chapter. And so King Riku was taken to Dofla, and someone wants to guide Luffy's group. I'm sorta guessing that it's Violet, but it could just as easily be an enemy....

Last edited by marvelB; 2014-01-14 at 17:03.
Old 2014-01-14, 09:43   Link #2
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Dammit, no info yet. Got me excited for nothing.
Old 2014-01-14, 09:54   Link #3
Homura7

Mangabird has some spoilers and they seem legit.
Old 2014-01-14, 10:31   Link #4
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Dammit, no info yet. Got me excited for nothing.
Same here
Old 2014-01-14, 10:37   Link #5
Bern-san

redon revealed a little spoiler
Spoiler for :
Old 2014-01-14, 10:38   Link #6
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

i just want to see luffy fight dofla now so we can finally know how strong he has really gotten after training... it'll be a good measuring point for the rest of the way
Old 2014-01-14, 10:55   Link #7
Bern-san

EDIT with legit spoilers: Rebecca wins. Audience doesn't like it.
Bastille talks about a man who was the one who k.o'ed the contestants. Seems he's 2 times stronger than Cavendish and the Marine has been pursuing him
Riku is being taken to the palace, Law unconscious. Doffy smiles
Luffy, Zoro and Kin reach the palace's entrance and someone is waiting to guide them

Last edited by Bern-san; 2014-01-14 at 11:28.
Old 2014-01-14, 11:31   Link #8
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
i just want to see luffy fight dofla now so we can finally know how strong he has really gotten after training... it'll be a good measuring point for the rest of the way
cant really use it as a measuring point though since we really do not know where dof himself is at. He is clearly above vice admiral but he ran from Aokiji and we don't know if it was because he is to busy or because he knows he is outclassed.

To measure Luffy we need to know where his opponent is but it will def. reveal a lot of his power since the fight will be far from easy from what we have seen of dof.

Seriously tho i will say this, if Luffy solos I will be very disappointed because for me that would be to much of a jump from pre to post timeskip. For him to just all of a sudden be able to solo dof. In my opinion would be to much to fast I would like to see more building of his abilites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
So.. seems like Kyros confirmed to be Riku's son and that Rebecca used the same ability as him
The upcoming fights: Rebecca vs Barto and Sabo vs Burguess
Audience didn't like Rebecca's win
I do not think it will be as you say. Is it not about to be those 4 vs the dof family. Rebecca vs 1 of the dofs top guys and bart vs 2 and sabo vs 3. I thought that the dof family had champions of the ring that fight the winners of the block.

Maybe im wrong though it could be the winner of those 4 fight diamante. Guess we will see.
Old 2014-01-14, 12:03   Link #9
golgo13

Wonder if Rebecca survived because she was fast, or because she wasn't attacked.

Also, is the perpetrator a friendly of one of the yonko's or perhaps CP0?

Sabo recognizing the attack (if it wasn't him hehe) does give too much insight as the revolutionaries know about pretty much all fight worthy groups.
Old 2014-01-14, 12:24   Link #10
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenex View Post
cant really use it as a measuring point though since we really do not know where dof himself is at. He is clearly above vice admiral but he ran from Aokiji and we don't know if it was because he is to busy or because he knows he is outclassed.

T
Most likely because he doesn't know for sure that he can win.But he knows for sure that the battle will not be easy.

But damn,I so wish to see the Akainu vs Aoikiji battle.I hope they will make a movie Akainu vs Aoikiji,where the first 10-20 minutes is a brief explanation of how it all started and the next hour is full battle.
Old 2014-01-14, 12:39   Link #11
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Most likely because he doesn't know for sure that he can win.But he knows for sure that the battle will not be easy.

But damn,I so wish to see the Akainu vs Aoikiji battle.I hope they will make a movie Akainu vs Aoikiji,where the first 10-20 minutes is a brief explanation of how it all started and the next hour is full battle.
well to me it seems obvious the conflict started because they have opposing ideals...aokiji is more laid back and for justice and akainu is absolute just screw everyone who gets in the way.

as for showing the battle i wanna see it to but right now it cant be shown for the reason that is would ruin the power scale. Oda would either have to nerf them so they dont look to op and make the rest of the series boring or he would have to show them full power and then the rest of the series until that point would look weak.

not to mention akainu is one of the finals luffy will face so it would ruin it to give away his full fight move list half way through the series.

as for dof. i agree but as i said we do not know where he is exactly so you cant say anything about him other then he is aboce vice admiral...so if luffy solos he is to and that is if he solos but i assume dof will have to fight many foes and luffy will finish him off.
Old 2014-01-14, 13:26   Link #12
Aim for The X

WHO IS THE WINNER OF D BLOCK???????

MY PREDICTION-

WHAT IF...THE WINNER OF D BLOCK IS ABASALOM+MEADOWS???...HE IS INVISIBLE MAN...AND CAN MAKE EVERYTHING/ ANYONE HE TOUCH INVISIBLE (moria at wb war)..THE REASON WHY WE NEVER SEE MEADOWS IN ACTION IS SIMPLE..HE IS INVISIBLE...XD..

MAYBE ITS NOT SPEED BASED TECHNIQUE..ITS THE POWER OF SUKE-SUKE NO MI (ABASALOM)

ABASALOM+MEADOWS?...HAHAHA JUST SOME CRAZY THEORIES FROM ME THO..LOL

P/S: SORRY BAD ENGLISH
Old 2014-01-14, 13:51   Link #13
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim for The X View Post
-snip-
It is TOO LOUD! I can't understand any word you say!
Old 2014-01-14, 14:28   Link #14
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim for The X View Post
WHO IS THE WINNER OF D BLOCK???????

MY PREDICTION-

WHAT IF...THE WINNER OF D BLOCK IS ABASALOM+MEADOWS???...HE IS INVISIBLE MAN...AND CAN MAKE EVERYTHING/ ANYONE HE TOUCH INVISIBLE (moria at wb war)..THE REASON WHY WE NEVER SEE MEADOWS IN ACTION IS SIMPLE..HE IS INVISIBLE...XD..

MAYBE ITS NOT SPEED BASED TECHNIQUE..ITS THE POWER OF SUKE-SUKE NO MI (ABASALOM)

ABASALOM+MEADOWS?...HAHAHA JUST SOME CRAZY THEORIES FROM ME THO..LOL

P/S: SORRY BAD ENGLISH
Sheesh. To think Tilestone of Galley-La would be awfully loud.
Old 2014-01-14, 14:33   Link #15
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

I want to know why Koala and Sabo are even there in the first place. Or did I miss a valid explanation? Hopefully this chapter will touch on the revolutionaries presence.
Old 2014-01-14, 16:09   Link #16
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belise View Post
I want to know why Koala and Sabo are even there in the first place. Or did I miss a valid explanation? Hopefully this chapter will touch on the revolutionaries presence.
they are their for the mera mera no mi.
Old 2014-01-14, 17:04   Link #17
marvelB

Okay guys, I was a bit late, but I updated the first post with the summary. Discuss!
Old 2014-01-14, 17:23   Link #18
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
It was only revealed this very morning, that Doflamingo has the fruit and is giving it as a price for the tournament.
Nobody of the contestant had enough time to to reach Dressrosa for this specific fruit. All of them came to take part in the usual colliseum battles.
you think sabo came to simply take part in the battles....he is a member of the revs and just randomly at this time he says well im gonna go take part in this battle...

same with burgess he is on a fruit hunt for blakv beard it was stated and he just took time off his fruit hunt to go to dressrosa for a reg tournament.

im not believing that for a second?
Old 2014-01-14, 17:57   Link #19
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I knew Rebecca would be the winner. It was the only logical option. I'm very curious about the mysterious person who took everybody down, and no, I don't think it's that Meadows everybody is obsessed with. I wonder if he helped Rebecca intentionally or if she managed to evade a crippling blow with her skills, there's a spoiler pic out that seems to show her barely dodging the attack.
Old 2014-01-14, 18:12   Link #20
marvelB

BTW, note that this has NOT been confirmed yet, but apparently the name of the guy who knocked out everyone in block D might be something like Rommel Kamaitachi. Again, it's best to take that info with a grain of salt at the moment, but if true, it's indeed interesting that a new power player has arrived (though the comment about him being 2 times stronger than Cavendish sounds kinda odd)....
Closed Thread