AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-11-01, 14:08   Link #121
Shadow5YA

Most likely Banri will recover his memory by the end of the series, or if not, Banri's past will be explained fully at least. Usually memory loss isn't used in a narrative unless the author wants to raise curiosity about the past.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 17:09   Link #122
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Most likely Banri will recover his memory by the end of the series, or if not, Banri's past will be explained fully at least. Usually memory loss isn't used in a narrative unless the author wants to raise curiosity about the past.
True, but the dilemma already being raised is that current Banri is effectively a new person, with new friends and new relationships. The problem will be how to resolve this with his past friends and relationships.

I have no idea how well this series is doing in Japan, but it may well be that the author has a story arc already planned to cover 8-10 volumes. Given Takemiya's past, it is not likely that she will drag it on simply to drag it on.
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 17:49   Link #123
csuree
The Most Hated™

Hi. I'm back ....../smile/
The last paragraphs of chapter 2 touched my heart. It is because I think in exactlz the same way about hooking up with girls. But i usually end up getting friend zoned because of this. And those girls can't imagine how i don't have a girlfriend. Oops i got too personal here. I hope Banri will not get this fate. He already said to Kouko his feelings so I hink she will know that behind their friendship is a cindering piece of love ready to ignite.
About the amnesia. It will become a major part because Linda has to have a perfectly good reason for letting Banri go, when he needed him the most after his accident. Otherwise in my eyes she will be an anti-heroine. I would not say bad guy(girl) because she is a good person. I hope we get to know the reason soon. The writer is a woman?? Now that was a shock. I thought it was a guy. I read watashitachi no tamura-kun and some of toradora but never thought it was a woman who wrote them. Congrats. I am impressed.
Brrr it is etting cold here. Winter is coming. But the night skies are clearer than in summer. Every morning wen i go to work i get to see orion, the hunter. Truly amazing. But went off topic again. Sorry. I have a bad habit of tinking too fast too much about very many things. And i burn through a lots of topics in a short time. :P
I am so excited can't wait for the continuation of the story, now that i feel like the author really touched me with Banri's way of thinking about hooking up with Kouko.
Old 2012-11-04, 17:59   Link #124
rpapo

Well, the story continues. I've already transcribed the first four pages of v2 c3, and just posted the translation of the first of those pages. Expected interruptions: helping with the manga translations (I've transcribed all of chapter 9, and have translated part of that), and the Evergreen manga (raws expected for chapter 8 in a few weeks).

As usual, chapter 3 starts with a section narrated by Banri's Ghost. But did anybody notice how he tried to interrupt, and got ignored, near the end of chapter 2?
Old 2012-11-05, 17:08   Link #125
csuree
The Most Hated™

Yeah he tried to think with his head not his heart and that is why he got ignored. Funny how he ets to be the narrator and the the most busybody sometimes. We know that he knows all about Linda but he too is obsessed by Kouko. I tried imagining Kouko dancing awa odori but movig like c-3po. I could not contain myself..
So yu help in translating evergreen too? Now you just doubled my admiration and appreciation. . I follow that series too with excitement even if it is a monthly release. Niki is just adorable. At first i thought she was the seriois ttpe but after ch 5 i started to like her even more.
Sorry for the mistakes i hate using my phone to browse. The pc is occupied by a small hairy big-headed gnome i call brother. Hehe. But we get along quite well considering we fight a lot.
Old 2012-11-05, 17:23   Link #126
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
Yeah he tried to think with his head not his heart and that is why he got ignored. Funny how he ets to be the narrator and the the most busybody sometimes. We know that he knows all about Linda but he too is obsessed by Kouko. I tried imagining Kouko dancing awa odori but movig like c-3po. I could not contain myself..
Knows all about Linda? Sort of. Banri's Ghost absolutely knows. Banri himself knows in his head that he knew her before his accident, but doesn't have those memories left to him. He has no idea why Linda won't say anything, and without the emotional attachment to Linda he finds himself drawn more and more to Kouko.

For more imagery regarding Kouko and Awa Odori, I refer you to the manga. Oh, I forget: the rest of you haven't seen chapter 8 yet . . . I've seen the manga through chapter 14 already, in Japanese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
So yu help in translating evergreen too? Now you just doubled my admiration and appreciation. . I follow that series too with excitement even if it is a monthly release. Niki is just adorable. At first i thought she was the seriois ttpe but after ch 5 i started to like her even more.
I verified the translation for chapters 1-6, and translated chapter 7. I expect I will continue, and that we will have the raws for chapter 8 in a few weeks.
Old 2012-11-05, 18:10   Link #127
blade82

rpapo is Linda the only one that know Bari before his accident?
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 18:21   Link #128
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
rpapo is Linda the only one that know Bari before his accident?
Nobody else has been mentioned so far, and I've seen no hint of anything like that anywhere in the various summaries of the books. Banri is in an entirely new world: a new city, a new school and new friends. How it turned out that Linda went to the same school as Banri is something I suppose we will eventually learn. I suspect machinations on the part of Linda and Banri's parents, to watch out for him at the very least.

It has not been mentioned so far, but NANA-senpai is Linda's friend. If that subplot runs the way I think it will, they will have met during Linda's first year in college. But nothing has been revealed about that in the text I've translated so far. I am guessing from illustrations and from the obvious parallels between NANA-senpai, Nana (Linda) Hayashida and the shoujo manga called NANA.
Old 2012-11-05, 21:37   Link #129
l.kostas

The Chinese scanlation reached chapter 9 a few days ago, even though they started long before the English scanlation. Here is Kouko C-3PO from chapter 8
http://manhua.178.com/qcjx/17990-20.shtml
and here are some childhood pictures of Kouko and Mitsuo from chapter 9
http://manhua.178.com/qcjx/19317-18.shtml
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 04:53   Link #130
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.kostas View Post
The Chinese scanlation reached chapter 9 a few days ago, even though they started long before the English scanlation. Here is Kouko C-3PO from chapter 8
http://manhua.178.com/qcjx/17990-20.shtml
and here are some childhood pictures of Kouko and Mitsuo from chapter 9
http://manhua.178.com/qcjx/19317-18.shtml
Yeah. I've had these pages available for 3-4 months now, as magazine raws. Village Idiot, however, doesn't want to use magazine raws, but rather tankobon raws, as they are generally of higher quality. Thicker paper => less bleed-through from the other side of the paper. Whatever. We have the whole tankobon, chapters 7-12, all scanned now . . . but we are lacking a faster (and less busy) translator than I. Puri translated chapters 7 & 8 from the magazine raws back in June and July, and I checked the translation, but then college life caught up with the poor soul. Chapter 9 I have transcribed entirely, and translated partially.
Old 2012-11-12, 14:53   Link #131
l.kostas

The Chinese have scanlated chapters 10 and 11. At chapter 10 NANA senpai appears.
http://manhua.178.com/qcjx/19458.shtml
http://manhua.178.com/qcjx/19459.shtml
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 16:40   Link #132
rpapo

"The floggings will continue until morale improves..." -- Unfortunately, I have no control over how fast it is getting scanlated into English. Even if I were to miraculously finish translating chapters 9-14 tomorrow, it would probably be a while before they were typeset and published.

That said, I've been working on the light novel more than the manga.
Old 2012-11-12, 20:10   Link #133
Mentar
Banned

*keeping my fingers crossed*

A wonderful and totally underrated show this is...
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 06:40   Link #134
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I just read the first volume, it was fucking amazing and I want more.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 06:49   Link #135
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I just read the first volume, it was fucking amazing and I want more.
Light novel, I presume. Right this instant I am quickly translating chapters 8 & 9 of Takemiya's Evergreen manga, and then I'll be back to work on the light novel, volume 2. Less than 100 pages to go!

Funny point: Mr. 2D actually seems to think the Gundam statue that was in Shizuoka was real! See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gundam_statue and http://www.dannychoo.com/post/en/253...ml#image-85274.
Old 2013-01-01, 05:39   Link #136
AP24

Is it true that the first volume was Dengeki Bunko's 2000th light novel release?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 06:09   Link #137
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Is it true that the first volume was Dengeki Bunko's 2000th light novel release?
Somebody (not me) posted that on the public Wiki around that time, on the article at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dengeki_Bunko.
Old 2013-01-01, 14:03   Link #138
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Just read chapter 9 of the manga and I loved it!

Might be a mean thing to say considering what happened but I was expecting this bomb to drop at some point and boy did it drop, I was not let down by this event at all, it was kinda glorious in a odd way.

I love Kouko, think she's wonderful in her own way, the way she exploded was handled pretty much perfectly and then aftermath made me squeal!
I am a BanriXKouko shipper!

Makes me now want to read the LN despite my odd dislike for reading them on a computer screen.
Old 2013-01-01, 14:27   Link #139
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Makes me now want to read the LN despite my odd dislike for reading them on a computer screen.
You're reading the manga from a computer screen, I presume . . .
Old 2013-01-01, 15:42   Link #140
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpapo View Post
You're reading the manga from a computer screen, I presume . . .
Yea but manga is different from LN or novels for me.
I just have a problem with reading big walls of text on a screen for some reason.
I could read some then stop for awhile then read a little more later on but I don't like doing that when I'm reading something such as a novel. Prefer to read a good amount or at least a chapter in one sitting.

I've have read some of the LN tho, some of the 1st chapter, will get round to when I manage to free up more time.

Tags
college, dengeki bunko, love triangle, romance, school life, shounen