AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-16, 18:23   Link #301
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Y'know, I just remembered something that occured to me when I saw the OP, right at 1:28 (depending on your episode source).....

Are we sure the "mysterious girl" isn't going to be the commander/person in charge? Maybe the person the commander was talking to on the phone in episode one, who ordered him obver the phone to send out the girls to fight alongside the guys?

It's just the pose she strikes in front of the screen in the command center in the OP, it feels like a person in charge, and the way her appearance is timed just after the instructors' instead of with the pilots or other characters. (she's also on the main website's top page with the rest of the top characters of the show, so she's definitely a significant character) After all, it would be repetitive if the "lurker" guy acting behind the scenes turned out to be the Diva commander again; that happened in the first series with Fudou, so it would recycling an old trick for Kawamori to do the same thing again. The OP also portrays eyepatch guy more as Mykage/Touma's counterpart, but Izumo is the Abductors' supreme commander and not Mykage.

Just one more theory to contemplate.
Old 2012-01-16, 18:49   Link #302
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
No, I think the feet wings will still manifest if Amata wills it strong enough. Just before they stopped in midair, his feet wings were in full blown display. It's the back wings that are plot weaponry.
Case in point:

Spoiler for Amata's wings:
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 19:42   Link #303
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Are we sure the "mysterious girl"
Rena(?) 12,000 years later. Taking a page from Gen Fudo?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 20:16   Link #304
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
Episode 3 was pretty interesting, but I kept getting Macross F BGM flashbacks (Kannotrolled). Will follow
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 20:58   Link #305
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
what do you mean by this? I haven't had the time or rather I don't watched ED much of an anime and just skip it. Is their something revealed there
can i get this answered as well? i watched it but don't understand. though that might just be because i haven't seen far enough into the first series yet.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 21:00   Link #306
mayumi

the guy with the glasses, blue eyes, blonde hair and that useless piano playing seems a lot similar to sirius and then there is the other creepy blonde guy in the other dimension who seems to be on some mission to the holy land or something.

i wonder if the other dimension guys have more angel power than being human which is why they are not accepted in altea. they are like sirius and silvia.

regarding zesicca's spoiler in the ending theme - it has to do with her outfit.
Spoiler:

Last edited by mayumi; 2012-01-16 at 21:29.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 21:15   Link #307
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
the guy with the glasses, blue eyes, blonde hair and that useless piano playing seems a lot similar to sirius and then there is the other creepy blonde guy in the other dimension who seems to be on some mission to the holy land or something.

i wonder if the other dimension guys have more angel power than being human which is why they are not accepted in altea. they are like sirius and silvia.

Spoiler for pictures:
i looked at the ending and while the armor is similar the styles between the 2 armors are different from one another. I"d say it's more likely a reincarnation of someone else from that era who maybe fought alongside Apollonius and celiane.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 21:30   Link #308
ReddyRedWolf

Some those that we know that reincarnated from that time is Rena and Reika. Rena was a Apllonius dog while Reika was Prince Scorpius in the OVA.

Gen Fudo was the original third pilot of Aquarion and is an immortal human.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 21:30   Link #309
mayumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
i looked at the ending and while the armor is similar the styles between the 2 armors are different from one another. I"d say it's more likely a reincarnation of someone else from that era who maybe fought alongside Apollonius and celiane.
Spoiler:
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 22:24   Link #310
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
The opening is awesome. Gives me a lot to look forward to! (And I see what they did there, with the triangles. XD) But what's up with the lotuses, are they going for some sort of guren/hellfire symbolism?
Being the guy who were introduced to Aquarion thanks to SRW game (and only watched the OVA), that flower on OP immediately reminds me of Solar Aquarion's Ippatsu Gyakuten Punch on SRW Z2 Hakai Hen
Old 2012-01-16, 23:59   Link #311
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Managed to watch the third episode.

The OP shots are full of teasers, that is becoming difficult for me to take a track at how the development would be moving forward, but this is the okay because the show barely has started.

When I ponder about the words that Prof. Donnar let it slip that they shouldn't rely on the Aquarion to prevent that tragedy from happening again, it gives weight to the plausible theory, that many of you speculated, that EVOL follows from the storyline of the Aquarion OVAs and not the first TV series.

Unfortunately, I've never been able to watch Aquarion: Wings of Glory, the second OVA, to understand how the retelling concluded things with Apollo, Sylvie, and Reika.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 02:47   Link #312
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Mikage:
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 03:42   Link #313
Shikijin

Quote:
I'm calling it now; Andy and Mix will be a couple. It's actually the perfect pairing; she's a strict man-hater with a lot of pride who gets on peoples' cases, and Andy is the light-hearted, easy-to-get-along-with guy who's determined to hit on the girls. Opposites attract as they say, and this would make a great opposites relationship.
Yeah. And if Andy is Pierre, then Mix is probably Chloe. Mix herself mentioning telepathic twins could be a hint.
EDIT:
Quote:
It's just the pose she strikes in front of the screen in the command center in the OP, it feels like a person in charge
I think the images in the OP are still provisory. This happened with the first Aquarion as well, to prevent spoilers. For example we still haven't seen Aquarion Evol's third form. It is possible the background behind Crea will be changed later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
It could just be a coincidence. After all I heard the artist this time is not Eiji Kaneda. In fact, the armored look if anything just stems from their normal clothes look, and Zessica just happened to have revealing clothes.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 04:58   Link #314
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

My opinion:

Kagura and Amata are both reincarnations of Apollenus, albeit each half.
Zessica and that girl with Amata are reincarnations of Cell.
Mikage is reincarnation of Touma.

Why can't there be a whole reincarnation for all this people once so that there wouldn't be a mess!?
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 05:16   Link #315
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
I think the images in the OP are still provisory. This happened with the first Aquarion as well, to prevent spoilers. For example we still haven't seen Aquarion Evol's third form. It is possible the background behind Crea will be changed later.
Err, it's not the background, it's the pose she strikes and the way she strikes it that feels like she's in charge.
Old 2012-01-17, 05:25   Link #316
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Why do I get the feeling that Crea is going to be the one providing all the HOTBLOODED INSPIRATION in this one?

No disrespect to the awesomeness that is Gen Fudou of course, but I just can't help feeling that way when seeing how smug Crea is along with her pose.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 06:40   Link #317
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Why do I get the feeling that Crea is going to be the one providing all the HOTBLOODED INSPIRATION in this one?
She's a white-haired loli. That normally means that she'll rather be the girl who has problems expressing her true emotions, but who covers it by being stunningly arrogant and competent. If about any other white-haired loli I remember is to be taken as an example ( Felli from Chrome Shelled Regios, Teresa Testarossa from Full Metal Panic, Ruri Hoshino from Martian Successor Nadesico and so on. Okay, granted, Teresa was a klutz, not arrogant. ).
Old 2012-01-17, 07:06   Link #318
Shikijin

Quote:
Err, it's not the background, it's the pose she strikes and the way she strikes it that feels like she's in charge.
Sorry, my mind got sidetracked

Anyway, if Crea is really Rena then she is likely the founder of Neo-Deava. Possibly she is also an ace pilot as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
She's a white-haired loli. That normally means that she'll rather be the girl who has problems expressing her true emotions, but who covers it by being stunningly arrogant and competent. If about any other white-haired loli I remember is to be taken as an example ( Felli from Chrome Shelled Regios, Teresa Testarossa from Full Metal Panic, Ruri Hoshino from Martian Successor Nadesico and so on. Okay, granted, Teresa was a klutz, not arrogant. ).
To me she looks a lot like Shiho from Zettai Karen Children, so I expect someone mature beyond her physical appearance and with a twisted personality.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 07:16   Link #319
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

I'm quite surprised that I like Amata and Mikono. They're both useless idiots in a sense yet both of them manage to be still very likable. I guess there IS a big difference when the show is aware of them being idiots rather than pretending that their character is growing when they're still spineless wimps (hi thar Ouma Shoe).
Old 2012-01-17, 07:21   Link #320
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i just relized that "EVOL" not only stands for Evolution but also "LOVE" in reverse
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction