AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-10-19, 07:33   Link #361
Grazze

Question about One Piece *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*

Yes! I wonder how long One Piece is going to go on? I mean, Luffy aint pirate king yet and hasnt met Shanks or anything and its already on ep 281. When is it going to end? Does someoneknow?

/ Grazze -
Grazze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 07:48   Link #362
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
I heard that it wasn't meant to be such looong story, but since people like this story autor stretch it a little
there will be blackbeard arc, whitebeard arc and final arc at least, and each will get at least 50 ep XD I think
Old 2006-10-19, 07:52   Link #363
Grazze

Pheeew, my friend said that it would end at ep 300 with luffy savings his nakama and going into a cave ... Sounded retarded but ... Ya never know

I hope what u Wolcik said is true cuz One Piece is the shiiit
Grazze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 23:04   Link #364
matsuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazze View Post
Pheeew, my friend said that it would end at ep 300 with luffy savings his nakama and going into a cave ... Sounded retarded but ... Ya never know

I hope what u Wolcik said is true cuz One Piece is the shiiit
Can we say gullible?

Anyway, the series has good pacing still and hugely favorable and popular name for itself. Whats more, the Mangaka (the comic creator) Oda is still in favor of continuing the story, and isnt slacking off any of the storytelling (as we see so well in the newest manga issue). So at least in manga form, this series will continue for at least another year (though I imagine him taking a year off at somepoint in the near future. Even Toriyama needed a break).

On the other hand, the Anime has had so many moves and weird dates in airing for a while now, we know the popularity in teh show is dropping from no consistant shows being aired. Whats more this upcoming end of the arc for the show (which still isnt even able to be totallty finished....) they will be able to return to a normal schedule, but with a filler arc that will have to last a full season worth of shows at the minimum (so minimum of 26 episodes) likely a full year. So forseably I can see three options:

1. is that the anime may choose to wrap up the series with something completely contrry to the manga, not leaving anyone sattisfied, but that is least likely I figure.

2. They may just take the series off the air for a period of time, which may mean a return to the air in a year or two following the manga again, but more likely is that they would end up just making the rest of the series OVA based if they want to followup on the manga at all. As after so much time, the product may just n ot be as marketable anymore. This could happen.

3. Lastly, you could have a very normal thing happen, and what we all are expecting, from 1 to two years worth of fillers. One Piece staying popular enough to keep it on the air, and after 50 - 100 episodes of fillers they will pick up on the current arc happening and possibly run into the same thing thats happening right now.
matsuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 14:39   Link #365
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Where was Nami born?
Climhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 14:41   Link #366
S_C_L-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climhazard View Post
Where was Nami born?
and what did her parents do? who were they?
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 14:43   Link #367
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_C_L-1 View Post
and what did her parents do? who were they?
Damn that was quick lol.

Another thing i just noticed too, We don't even know if Nami is her real name since she was a stranger when she was found by Nojiko and Bellemere.
Old 2006-10-26, 00:02   Link #368
jcc2k4
boku wa kamisama desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climhazard View Post
Damn that was quick lol.

Another thing i just noticed too, We don't even know if Nami is her real name since she was a stranger when she was found by Nojiko and Bellemere.
Does it really matter if that's her real name? it's the name she goes by and the name everyone else knows her by.
jcc2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 10:33   Link #369
S_C_L-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc2k4 View Post
Does it really matter if that's her real name? it's the name she goes by and the name everyone else knows her by.
its a Shonen dude, names ALWAYS matter in shonen animes/mangas
Old 2006-10-30, 21:11   Link #370
striderm
Adusa #1

Nami is the japanese word for a wave, it's a perfect name.
striderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 01:07   Link #371
S_C_L-1

non-OP example:

Uzumaki Naruto:
-Uzumaki means Whirlpool
-Naruto is the name of a bridge in japan with a whirlpool next to it. its a big tourist attraction.

hes got a big spiral on his belleh' (the seal for kyuubi), theres a spiral on the hidden leaf crest, he loves ramen (which has a weird spiral thingy which the name escapes me), his strongest attack (soon to be plural) spins around really fast...
Old 2006-10-31, 04:44   Link #372
matsuno

Quote:
non-OP example:

Uzumaki Naruto:
-Uzumaki means Whirlpool
-Naruto is the name of a bridge in japan with a whirlpool next to it. its a big tourist attraction.

hes got a big spiral on his belleh' (the seal for kyuubi), theres a spiral on the hidden leaf crest, he loves ramen (which has a weird spiral thingy which the name escapes me), his strongest attack (soon to be plural) spins around really fast...
No we get that, hes making a point o that her birth name isnt significant, as her name we know her by is a great definitive name for her (wave constituting understanding of the ocean as though she were a part of it).

Kishimoto will always be highly regarded for how indepth he has laid out character names and such, much more than any other mangaka than I could think of, and it does follow suit to their mentor's methods, Akira Toriyama. The man used puns on food for naming all the sayins (sp?), and the ineuendo with using myths as the basis for the backdrop is highly regarded as well among Toriyama, Kishimoto and Oda with many of the characters that we have run across.

That is surely a nice fun side thing about these stories, trying to dig up all that little bits of info to better understand the artist's mind.
Old 2006-10-31, 14:12   Link #373
S_C_L-1

^ exactly.

Oda really goes to extremes with that tho...

Nami always says "i like money and tangerines". but tangerines are a sign of prosperity...

so basically, shes saying "i like money and more money"
Old 2006-10-31, 15:40   Link #374
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
^ exactly.

Oda really goes to extremes with that tho...

Nami always says "i like money and tangerines". but tangerines are a sign of prosperity...

so basically, shes saying "i like money and more money"
I thought it was orange. Anyway, it doesn't matter, since, most probably, that orange/tangerine represent her love/connection for/to her mother, nothing more. Also, if those orange trees had a meaning of prosperity, the story certainly lacked that connection as Nami and her family were close to poverty than prosperity.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 15:52   Link #375
S_C_L-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
I thought it was orange. Anyway, it doesn't matter, since, most probably, that orange/tangerine represent her love/connection for/to her mother, nothing more. Also, if those orange trees had a meaning of prosperity, the story certainly lacked that connection as Nami and her family were close to poverty than prosperity.
interesting point.
Old 2006-10-31, 22:22   Link #376
matsuno

its been confirmed that they are tangerines, and yes tangerines are a symbol of prosperity. This also plays to the underlying storyline of Bellmere seeing her riches in the relationship with Nami and Nojiko, this being strengthened by their lack of money. It also, as SCL-1 states, is that when Nami states she lines money and tangerines, she is really stating that she loves money and money (to that effect).

Have to take a look into these things if you wanna start a retort, not helping your self if you wanna blatantly just post whats on your mind.
Old 2006-11-02, 15:47   Link #377
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Why is Whitebeard is all hooked up with tubes and other medical aids, i don't think it's been mentioned yet but i may have missed it.

Also, could someone explain to me the red line? i thought the was just the mountain range that had reverse mountain in the middle that split the whole world in 2?

edit: im an idiot and i just realizeed that the mountain range would have to be crossed on the other side of the world too, damn im a noob i answered my own question in a matter of millaseconds.
Old 2006-11-03, 16:54   Link #378
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Quote:
Originally Posted by diners13 View Post
i also wanted to know what do you think is better the anime or the magma?? i have senn untill episode 280 i want to start reading the anime which chapter should i take ??
I personally prefer the anime, but i started on the manga recently because i just HAD to know all the latest news and im very glad i did.
I started at chapter 399 which is just after Robin / Ohara flashback.
Old 2006-11-03, 17:00   Link #379
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
i started by watching the anime, until the story stopped around 264 or something like that .. from there i couldn't wait for the rest period of the anime so i read the manga .. that was one of the reason ...

the other one was because my friend's friend created unbelieveable story that can't be true and i got sick from hearing his lies so i read the manga

and now i am planing on reading the manga from the first chapter .. i already started though
airsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 17:13   Link #380
I love waffles!

Is it true that Sanji's dad/teacher eats his leg in the manga and if so in what chapter?
I love waffles! is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a